• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nayru's love invincibility?

Zone

Smash Champion
How long exactly is zelda's invincibility frames on Nayru's love and when does it occur? I've used to my advantage alot w/o actually knowing this lol. I guess if I've been using it somewhat correctly It's ok. But I just want to know for sure. Anyone know?

Shinarouji

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure that it starts as soon as you use it, but only lasts for a few seconds.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Nayru's Love? Or Farore's Wind? As far as I can tell, Nayru's Love has no invincibility...

Wait, just kidding. From the hitbox system, it looks like it goes from four through forty-one.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
What the hell? 4 - 41 is WRONG. If it's the same as in Brawl, then it's 4 - 11, as in... Frame 4 Nayru's that is invincible until the attack comes out.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't have actual proof and you're just pulling numbers out of your ***. Also the fact that you play Brawl doesn't help you.

Well hello there frame four. You look like you have that green circle around you that indicates you're invincible.

Oh hi there frame forty-one. You are also green.

I could be wrong, green can also mean reflect, but that's the best guess I have, as SuperDoodleMan's site says nothing about invincibility, and there's no blue invincibility that I can see.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
LOL, do you realize marth's counter only makes you invincible frames 5-29. I never actually tested Zelda's B, but I'm guessing you're not invincible for that long if you are at all. Ask RyokoYaksa, he would know. Ryoko used that move many times vs me to counterattack, so I'm sure it has some invincibility, but 4-41 o_O I would be surprised

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, it seems a little long to me too but I didn't see any other mention of it, so the green circle was all I had to go off of.

Zone

Smash Champion
Sweet, I don't know exactly how fast 4-11 is, but it gives me a more accurate way of knowing exactly when it works. Instead of me just trying to use it when a attack is flying at me to keep pressure from hitting me. and I'm guessing your 4-41 was just how long the disjointed hitbox is out?

I'm not a very frame specific person lol.

4-11. Invulnerability does not overlap with the attack, making it pretty lacking as a counterattack.
So that's probably why I often trade hits? Because alot of moves stay out for a long time. and if say for instance Falco. Is in my face. And his down-air is out during invincibility, but is still out when it wears, and my move is out. IS that the opt for hit trade?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Four frames is how fast it takes for Zelda's dsmash to come out. Seven frames is how fast the average grab takes to come out. Eleven frames is how long it takes Zelda's grab to come out.

Does that help?

Yeah, I think the 4-41 was reflect frames... matches up, anyway.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
What the hell? 4 - 41 is WRONG. If it's the same as in Brawl, then it's 4 - 11, as in... Frame 4 Nayru's that is invincible until the attack comes out.
4-11. Invulnerability does not overlap with the attack, making it pretty lacking as a counterattack.
see, it's like i keep tellin everybody about brawl.

Zelda didnt specifically get good as much as everybody else just kinda got worse.

And yes i know this is the melee thread, im just makin my jokes.

Zone

Smash Champion
see, it's like i keep tellin everybody about brawl.

Zelda didnt specifically get good as much as everybody else just kinda got worse.

And yes i know this is the melee thread, im just makin my jokes.
Hahahhaa, I said this same thing.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Super Armor =O It exists in Melee right? >_> *dies from ignorance*
Not really, one will either take out the other move. Or they'll trade hits.

I guess the closest thing to this is Crouch cancelling, or a phantom hit.
I believe

-zone @ my friends house

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Or Yoshi's second jump.

I like Zelda in Brawl. Zelda is the only character I play in Brawl, 'cept Sheik sometimes 'cause she's ninja. She's got a killing fair, good vertical kill potential, a reflector, a good camping game and a good Final Smash.

I think Marth is a better version of Zelda in Brawl, but I don't want to screw up my Melee Marth. Plus I can't be as lame with Marth.

But Brawl sucks, so who cares. Back to Zelda!

Top Bottom