• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nano WWYP - The Six Word Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Scav is organizing them in his administrative way and I'll let him. I'm tempted, I really am, but I think it's best for him to post them. He also told me yesterday he finished so he's probably just organizing them. We both agreed there were some very good stories :)

Also, I'd lose an eye (the right one if I had a choice).
Can you give us a clue? Like is there a three-peat? ;)

Jammer

Smash Lord
Also, I think I would have to go with a black eyepatch if I ever lost an eye. But the real question remains: would you rather lose an eye...or a hand?
Eye, of course. I can still see, whereas I would be severely debilitated without one of my hands, which I use for practically everything, and an eyepatch is much less freaky than a prosthetic hand. I'm writing this whole post with my left eye closed. I don't even notice my self-imposed, temporary disability. Except my eyebrow muscles are getting tired.

Observe this smiley face: :lick: It cares so little about its eye that it eats it. While I don't suggest doing that yourself, I'm sure you can see my point. No smiley face ever eats its hand.

Also, I think I'd have more of a chance of getting a super-powered robotic eye that lets me see in the infrared spectrum and zoom in on targets (with the moving, blinking reticule, of course) if I lost an eye. Science is getting there, folks.

Although a stick-breaking, rock-crushing titanium robot hand would be pretty slick.

But back to the thread topic: For the next contest, can we make pirate stories? So we can have lots of eye patches and hooks instead of hands? Maybe we can answer morally and existentially unclear questions regarding the nature of whether we'd rather lose an eye or a hand. Just a thought.

Cort

Apple Head
It's kind of silly for you guys to set weird deadlines for these contests and then lallygag and take your sweet time judging them, ignoring your own deadlines.

No offense or anything, just something I've observed through other contests as well.

Jammer

Smash Lord
When I first heard that Brawl got delayed, I was a bit annoyed. When I heard that the delay was being called a "Smash Bros. Perfection Program", I snorted through my nose.

But it kind of grows on you, ya know?

The judges aren't getting delayed with the results. They're merely implementing a "WWYP Contest Results Perfection Program".

Much nicer sounding, I think. Now we'll have perfect scores.

And the kicker here is that the scores will be released to all regions simultaneously. That's right, Europeans. You'll be getting it as soon as those Americans (who are getting it just as soon as the Japanese). Good times for everyone.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
It's kind of silly for you guys to set weird deadlines for these contests and then lallygag and take your sweet time judging them, ignoring your own deadlines.

No offense or anything, just something I've observed through other contests as well.
Scav and I are done; I just asked him to post our combined scores and add EE's in when he finishes. I missed one deadline judging and God knows I got enough crap from that to make me not want to repeat the process.

If he doesn't post them I'm tempted to post mine and then have them add theirs in; I dunno. :urg:

Jammer

Smash Lord
If he doesn't post them I'm tempted to post mine and then have them add theirs in; I dunno. :urg:
Hmm... I think it was a bad idea to give someone your scores before they scored the stories themselves. If Scav read the scores you gave, he'd definitely be greatly influenced by them.

Is that what happened?

EDIT: I have no idea how I quoted you, Virgilijus, because I don't remember pressing the button, nor do I remember deleting half of it. I'll leave it there just for fun, I guess.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I always feel so left out of these secret writer's only disscussions.
It's more exclusive than the occult, and just as much fun!

If I ever get a Writers pen, I Shall also talk about..writers...stuff! And Virg will LIKE me!

*Glee!*

Edit: And people trust Scav? That's a new one! :p

Matt

Banned via Administration
Whoa, whoa, WHOA. Hold on a minute! Scav's JUDGING?

I thought I banned you from this tournament, mister!

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Scav, we all know you're bluffing about your scores being finished and are just using EE not being finished as an excuse to not post your scores.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Jammer said:
Hmm... I think it was a bad idea to give someone your scores before they scored the stories themselves. If Scav read the scores you gave, he'd definitely be greatly influenced by them.
You haven't noticed that WWYP judges are only the most respected writers/members of the forums, have ya?

They may procrastinate, but they do a darn good job judgin'!

And holy crap at Scav being done this early.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
For those of you who may be new to this contest, or just confused, here's a handy little chart to explain Scav's judging cycle.

Full length WWYP Contest: Scores delayed by a couple of months

6 word Mini-WWYP Contest: Scores delayed by a couple of weeks.

1 vowel Estranged Off-Shot of Mini-WWYP: Scores delayed by a couple of days.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You haven't noticed that WWYP judges are only the most respected writers/members of the forums, have ya? They may procrastinate, but they do a darn good job judgin'!
That can't be true... I was a judge once. :)

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
However, "F*ckyouvirgilijusandscav" is not..I better stop seeing some of those around here...starting to get suspicious...

>_>

Jammer

Smash Lord

It's pretty.

I think I'd go for the quill if I win.

Also, Microsoft Paint is horrible. WHERE IS THE CROP FUNCTION?!?!?!

I swear, this is the last time I boot into Windows and not Ubuntu, where I have the oh-so-wonderful "The GIMP".

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I think I'll go for the custom avatar if I win. Are we allowed to have moving gifs as avatars?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
No, those are not allowed. They take up too much bandwith

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I must compensate for my lack of Smash accomplishments with writing accomplishments. :( :)

I don't know if I'm happy or sad about that.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I should win the "Not Really a Story, But Still a Really Cool Group of Six Words" award.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
I just want an orange name! The icon's barely noticeable, but orange just blinds anyone that looks at it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I just want an orange name! The icon's barely noticeable, but orange just blinds anyone that looks at it.
I actually thought I'd go for a custom name or avatar.
I would feel so cheap if I had a writers pen and name because I jotted down 6 quick words. It'd feel pretty cheap compared to people like Demon that had to writer full stories to get their pen quil thingy.

Custom name FTW!
Incidently, I don't think I'll win at all, I just relised I didn't say that in the talk there. ;)
As I
SUUUUUCK

Blackadder

Smash Master
If I may ask, if it's not to much trouble, if it's possible to say, do any of you nice and lovely judges have any good guesses as to when EE will have finished his part in all this?

If by chance, it's not to hard, if it's not to much of an outlandish guess, if I may question.

He was a very talkative Wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom