• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nanerz vs Edge - 3 videos

Imp

Smash Apprentice
How did you die on your second life in the first one? Seemed like you just suicided for no reason lol.

Imp

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I was like, whaaaaaaaaaaat? Lets just randomly die, makes it look more pro when you win?
I'm guessing you don't like stages with platforms? I'm not to good on norfair/battlefield/lylat cruise

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
I didn't like Battlefield at first, I probably should have won that round, but whatever, I did however beat Germs Wolf on Battlefield and Delfino in a earlier tourney match that didn't get recorded. My best stages are Smashville and FD but Edge Banned FD and I Banned Rainbow Cruise.

Imp

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I believe your smashville match reflected that. Did you end up winning overall? 3rd match just shows SD.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wasn't amazing as far as Brawl videos goes, but not bad for diddy i guess.
Bah, this is Diddy Kong we're talking about. Just because it doesn't 'Look' amazing doesn't mean it isn't. People are only watching Top tier matches so how can you compare it? How many Pro Diddy Kong matches have you seen?

Man, the last 20 seconds of the first round was intense. Glide Tossing ftw.
Shame you SD'd that round on the second stock.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Nice matches, dude. It's a total shame that you lost the set because of a silly "more %" rule like that...

I freakin' loved how you glide tossed the banana into the ground and followed up with a side smash at 2:36 in the second video. I think I'll give that a try!

Smash Ace
Amazing, good sir.

Tough loss on that set. Round 1 could have been yours if it wasn't for that SD, and Round 3 was pretty even up until the time limit cut it off. That was impressive, because it was a very nice counterpick on Edge's part. Oh, well. These things happen.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the comments guys. I didn't expect to do that well on Norfair lol, I have a bad past on that stage xD

siqmonkey

Smash Apprentice
what's that thing you do at around 2:47minutes into the video. it's something i would like to learn and incorporate into my game.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
ah, just messing around, downward glide tossing back and forth, I do it as a taunt and just dumb mindgames during a fight if I have distance between myself and the opponent, makes it harder for them to predict when the Banana will be thrown at them.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
it looks like you've been workong on your "kill them instead of still using bananas at high %" problem. its not completely gone, but its really improved

what program/hardware do you use to record? Ive been using virturaldub and a Dazzle, and my audio has been lagging compared to my video, giving me the anti-motivation to record more tourney vids

are you planning to come to FAST 1 in FL July 17-20? (the national sized brawl tourney being held in Orlando, FL in case you didnt know), or will i have to be the only one repping diddy?

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
GDX -I think you gotta rep Diddy for us there, I'll be at the OMG Oregon tournament that weekend.

and for the killing at early % thing, I go for Dairs alot more often now but I was scared to try it against the Metaknight lol,

-I have another tourney match coming soon, Nanerz vs Spaztic [ yay rematch with the guy who beat me thanks to sudden death ] i'm sure you guys remember that video =[

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
And here people keep saying Diddy's bananas shouldn't be spammed. Keep it up N4n3rz! You are an inspiration to us all. :)

Man, I never thought a matchup on Norfair could be that intense and balanced! You rule with those bananas man. :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
And here people keep saying Diddy's bananas shouldn't be spammed. Keep it up N4n3rz! You are an inspiration to us all. :)

Man, I never thought a matchup on Norfair could be that intense and balanced! You rule with those bananas man. :laugh:
doctor T popped up again :laugh:

nanerz, what program/hardware do you use to record? i need something that wont continually lag with the audio

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
N4N3RZ you should just switch mains right now. Once you play a person who knows how to play against a diddy your screwed. They know when your gonna throw your bananas, they know how to control your bananas against you. I personally switched mains from diddy to a falco, a diddy player wont ever be beating me again.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
N4N3RZ you should just switch mains right now. Once you play a person who knows how to play against a diddy your screwed. They know when your gonna throw your bananas, they know how to control your bananas against you. I personally switched mains from diddy to a falco, a diddy player wont ever be beating me again.
uh, No Thanks. Come to Norcal, I'll play your falco xD

GDX - I actually don't record my own matchs, otherwise I'd have alot more online =[

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Haha i just started maining falco a few days ago, pretty decent. But whenever you throw your naner at me, ill just catch it instead and throw it back haha or just use my reflector. I would wifi you, but my netgear router sucks *** -__- whenever i play it has lag + spikes at times.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Haha i just started maining falco a few days ago, pretty decent. But whenever you throw your naner at me, ill just catch it instead and throw it back haha or just use my reflector. I would wifi you, but my netgear router sucks *** -__- whenever i play it has lag + spikes at times.
falco is diddy's worst matchup, so dont feel too accomplished if you go around pwning diddy's in the face

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
LMAO :rotfl:

Top Bottom