• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Names Of the Blitzing ( finished)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Air strike 1,1
Vector
Arrow
Arrow Strafing 1,1,1
Death From Above
Milk Shake
Pin Coushin
Woot Cow 0.5

Angelic Layer 1,1,1
Heaven's Rain 1,1
Arrow Chains 1,1
Kowned 1

Hehe dont worry Undr. its gonna be alright :)

@Hayang, so which one will it be ?:)

Note: no adding more names cuz otherwise it will be taking a long time before we reach the 5. :) sry
Crist, is this why we have a two party system =P. knock off all of them that have 2 votes or less so that we can make it to 5, that leave Arrow strafing and angelic layering. I say Arrow strafing as I think everyone knows by now that Pit is an angel, and we use the word angelic/angel more than a 13 year old uses his mom for money.

Sean~

Smash Apprentice
Crist, is this why we have a two party system =P. knock off all of them that have 2 votes or less so that we can make it to 5, that leave Arrow strafing and angelic layering. I say Arrow strafing as I think everyone knows by now that Pit is an angel, and we use the word angelic/angel more than a 13 year old uses his mom for money.
yea u a have good point there, we can do that to :) because it makes sense..

So lets say like:

Arrow Strafing 1,1,1
Angelic Layer 1,1,1

that leaves 2 votes left for both, come come ho will decide the name ^^

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Does this mean you voted Arrow strafing?

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's what I think too. Chaining sounds less corny. We've had enough "angelic" names.

Sean~

Smash Apprentice
U know what lets continue with the list. Cuz i cant add arrow chains to the other names it will leave the other ppls wishes out. so ill keep the list for ppl to vote on it.

Air strike 1,1
Vector Arrow
Arrow Strafing 1,1,1,1
Death From Above
Milk Shake
Pin Coushin
Woot Cow 0.5
Angelic Layer 1,1,1
Heaven's Rain 1,1
Arrow Chains 1,1
Kowned 1
Arrow Hail 1

So here it is. i wont add anymore names for now. cuz were taking to much time for just only a name :). so far i see Arrow strafing has a great chance of winning but so can the others if they post in time :).

Coffee™

I need it....
We could just change Angelic Layering to Arrow Layering and we have no more angel stuff and an excellent name ^^

Sean~

Smash Apprentice
Air strike 1,1
Vector Arrow
Arrow Strafing 1,1,1,1
Death From Above
Milk Shake
Pin Coushin
Woot Cow 0.5, 0.5
Angelic Layer 1,1,1
Heaven's Rain 1,1
Arrow Chains 1,1
Kowned 1
Arrow Hail 1

Well then keep voting and ur will wishes be granted:p or ask a friend to vote for u idc, ill be happy if one name wins or sumthin :) so we can finally quit staying 12 years on the same thing ^^..

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I think we should minimize the names given here. Below is the list that Sean~ has given us. I put it in alphabetical order.

• Air Strike
  • Angelic Layer
  • Arrow Chains
  • Arrow Hail
  • Arrow Strafing
  • Death from Above
  • Heaven's Rain
  • Kowned
  • Milk Shake
  • Pin Cushion
  • Woot Cow
  • Vector Arrow

I think we should get rid of Death from Above, Kowned, Milk Shake, and Woot Cow. Let's eliminate these, as they are unnecessary and have nothing to do with how Palutena's Arrows are being controlled, let alone carrying the proper notion for the name. For example, Death from Above is a misnomer, because Palutena's Arrow isn't used to KO anyone. It can KO in certain situations, like if the opponent is really high or far from the stage, or if the opponent is around 300%. Aside from that, Palutena's Arrow is meant to damage, not KO.

The name, Kowned is either from kown himself, or someone who respects kown enough to call the new version of Arrow Blitzing, "Kowned." I know I've given the green name of Samus' Varia Suit, "Xyro Suit" after Xyro77, who only plays as the green Samus, but I find my reason to be, you know, reasonable. Anyway, I don't see any reason to call it this. Personally, I find it lame to call an attack after a certain person, or the person who discovered it. No one called "wave-dashing," "Toadbanjoconker-dashing," or "TBC-dashing," or "TBC-sliding," even though Toadbanjoconker was the one who accidentally found out wave-dashing.

Milk Shake doesn't have any relevance to the attack, so we don't need to use it. Woot Cow doesn't have any relevance, either. These might have been thrown out to just joke around, but joke aside (if it was meant to be such), these aren't relevant to the way the arrows are being manipulated. For example, we call Arrow Looping, "Arrow Loop," because it's an arrow that loops. We call it Arrow Knot, because it moves in such a way to resemble a knot. Now, to move on to the other names that have been mentioned by Sean~.

Air Strike is an OK name for the attack. It's in the air, and it strikes your opponent. However, when I think of Air Strike, I think of bombs firing down from the air. The way these arrows can be used wouldn't mean that if you did what Sean~ discovered, that it would always be striking from the air. You can manipulate the arrows to fire from where Pit is standing onward at your opponent. Heck, you can control the arrows to go upward if your opponent is up in the air. We may as well call it Anti-Aerial Arrows (Triple A).

UndrDog liked the idea of this new method to be called Angelic Layer, or Angelic Layering. Of course, UndrDog said that Sean~ is the one who gets to come up with the name, since it was he who discovered it. Like the terms power-shielding or perfect-shielding, I think this would be a good one. (Yeah, power-shielding was the name of it in Melee, but both are still similar.) You could call it Arrow Layer(ing) or Angelic Layer(ing) for obvious reasons. The arrows layer, and the arrows are being fired from an angel who wields a bow.

Arrow Chains is another good name in my opinion. The arrows are "chaining" together, as it were. Heck, I think these three names wouldn't be a bad idea. Again, I give the power-sheilding and perfect-shielding example. And there's also side-stepping, which the Smash community calls "spot-dodging," because you're dodging in that specific spot. So, I think Angelic Layer, Arrow Layer, and Arrow Chain would all work, and that it can be called either of these. Then there is Pin Cushion, but arrows aren't pins, and characters aren't cushions.

Lastly, there is Vector Arrow. The name is redundant, because if you were to draw a vector, it would be an arrow. If I am mistaken, I don't think vector lines ever loop, and it's usually going from point A to point B. It's no more worthy to be called such for a newly discovered method than if one were to play as Pit and fire an arrow straight, or angel it slightly upward or downward, or even upward.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Silly Dryn we all know its between strafing and layering, someone stack a vote on strafing or 2 on layering and this **** is done, hell ill get on my buddies account just to end this if it goes on much longer =P. ~sean pick a name and its done, it wont be the end of the world if someones name isn't picked i think most of us don't really care either way. Except for Undr, he'll turn into the hulk and run down from Maine to NJ to kick Kupos *** for not supporting the cause enough =P.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Silly Dryn we all know its between strafing and layering, someone stack a vote on strafing or 2 on layering and this **** is done, hell ill get on my buddies account just to end this if it goes on much longer =P. ~sean pick a name and its done, it wont be the end of the world if someones name isn't picked i think most of us don't really care either way. Except for Undr, he'll turn into the hulk and run down from Maine to NJ to kick Kupos *** for not supporting the cause enough =P.
My choice was based on reason, CorruptFate. It should be Arrow Layer(ing), Angelic Layer(ing) or Arrow Chain. Don't deny it. ;)

Edit: I forgot about Heaven's Rain. I suppose I could throw in the same reason as that of Air Strike.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Your reason is right, I said air strike and you beat it to the ground and there was nothing I could do, My fav is ARROW layering also. it doesn't over use Angelic like we seem to have some petifilic craze for and it works, the arrows to layer and dryn wrote a really big post about it and I don't want that to go to wast. Over all it doesn't matter though its just a name not the freaking election so what ever is fine by me but arrow layering would be the best though.

Sean~

Smash Apprentice
yea u all guys have a great point there, i know some of the names were jokes, but anyways to make it short.

Arrow Chains 1,1,1 = 3
Arrow Strafing 1,1,1,1,1 = 5
(Angelic Layer)Arrow Layering 1,1,1 = 3
Air Strike 1,1 = 2
-
So if Recoil's is voting on Arrow strafing it means, Arrow strafing won.

Btw u can vote only once, but oh well since the woot cow i kinda weird and jokeish, ill let it go to arrow strafing. So here it is guys: Arrow Strafing wins. ^^

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
I really dislike strafing cause the whole point is to not move while looping the arrows, and strafing implies moving while firing. And I thought we wanted simplistic names that described what the tech was. Strafing is not describing what we are doing.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I really dislike strafing cause the whole point is to not move while looping the arrows, and strafing implies moving while firing. And I thought we wanted simplistic names that described what the tech was. Strafing is not describing what we are doing.
"Strafing" has different definitions, actually. Still, I agree with you, and if anyone sees the word "strafing," they are automatically going to think of the term as though you were moving to the left or right to dodge enemy attacks.

Sean~

Smash Apprentice
@Fzero well if u dont like it tell me what u were thinking. or u couldve vote instead..

The best thing i want is to find a name that everyone likes, because i cant name it myself and 90% wont agree with me or sumthing. But me myself dont really like the arrow strafing either. but like i said, voting is voting. i rather choose Arrow chains over Arrow strafing. in my opinion but to late. i guess

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I would say give dryn what he wants he wrote a bigish post about it lol, it sounds better, and..... I want that one I guess.

Coffee™

I need it....
Just go with strafing, as you said before first to 5 wins and strafing was the first to 5. You're making this a lot more complicated than it needs to be, its just a name.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Just go with strafing, as you said before first to 5 wins and strafing was the first to 5. You're making this a lot more complicated than it needs to be, its just a name.
That's not how voting works. Voting works by people choosing what they think is best, and the one with the most votes, wins. It's determined on most votes, not on a certain amount needed in order to win. I haven't put my vote in. I don't think every person in this Character Discussion voted. I doubt there are only ten persons in this Character Discussion.

I gave my reasons for why I think one of the three I spoke well of could work, and that it wouldn't even matter if all three were used interchangeably. Did anyone else? The way the arrows are being manipulated should also determine the name of that certain arrow technique. I recall saying that one of the arrow techs should be called the "Boomerang," because it returns to Pit. I think we should do the same here.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
yea i dont like "strafing" either, but i could deal with arrow chain

btw: This technique is tough as BALLS!! maybe i dont even have a right to vote on this, because i cant do it yet :-)

Top Bottom