• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Names Of the Blitzing ( finished)

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Amazing. You've found an easier way to blitz. I never thought of starting the arrow halfway through a loop. This actually looks like a rain of arrows!

Thank you.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I did a few minutes of testing with this just now. Blitzing with two arrows is uber uber easy, and with practice three and four arrows probably will be too.

Do it at 1/4 speed and then 1/2, 2/3, and then normal speed. It's quite easy to transition into normal speed.

Here is how I'm currently doing this.
1- Fire an arrow and start to loop it.
2- As soon as the trajectory is completely vertical (when it's going straight up), let go of the control stick and press B and hold it.
3- Immediately continue looping the arrow until it is 3/4s 5/6ths done.
4- Fire your held arrow. The looped arrow should coincide with it.
(5 for more arrows) - curve it upwards and start the next loop.

When you do this, CONCENTRATE ON LOOPING THE ARROW and not on firing the next one. You'll see what I mean.

This is great because it only takes as much time as a normal loop does.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Okay, so I did a few minutes of testing with this just now. Blitzing with two arrows is uber uber easy, and with practice three and four arrows probably will be too.

Do it at 1/4 speed and then 1/2, 2/3, and then normal speed. It's quite easy to transition into normal speed.

Here is how I'm currently doing this.
1- Fire an arrow and start to loop it.
2- As soon as the trajectory is completely vertical (when it's going straight up), let go of the control stick and press B and hold it.
3- Immediately continue looping the arrow until it is 3/4s done.
4- Fire your held arrow. The looped arrow should coincide with it.
(5 for more arrows) - curve it upwards and start the next loop.

When you do this, CONCENTRATE ON LOOPING THE ARROW and not on firing the next one. You'll see what I mean.

This is great because it only takes as much time as a normal loop does.
Wow, thank you so much. I was trying to practice just simply arrow looping for an hour and I didn't get anything consistent... Now that I read this, with the suggestion of also decreasing the game's actual speed, I think that I can be more proactive with my practice.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Also, remember to curve the arrows upwards after the 3rd step, or else the looping arrows will fall into the ground and the one you shoot will keep going forward. Your goal should not be to hit the opponent as you fire an extra arrow but to loop your fired arrow once before you strike. The more you put in directional commands, the more your arrows sync their direction.

This is very fun to do. Four arrows takes a little more time than an arrow rain, so in a game it's only safe to use when you've knocked your opponent far far away.

Two arrows, on the other hand, can be done in one loop or two if you want them to be more accurate.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
UndrDog on YouTube said:
Yep, that was very impressive. I've done that before but it never looked that cool. If I didn't have to deal with a Samus all the time I'd totally implement that more.
I started trying this with "Ultimate Arrow (name pending (name not really important))" a while ago. It kinda forced me to rework how I do things with the arrows since this method makes things much faster.

Kudos on the discovery. ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Very unique and I could add this to my arrow strategies. It will take some time to get used to it.

Sean~

Smash Apprentice
ty all, all thx to u guys inspiring me to play pit before the game came out here in europe :D i gotta give kupo my great thanks about that =D

Coffee™

I need it....
Really nice find. How long did it take you to learn to loop the Arrows like you did in the video? Also is it possible you could recreate this on a bigger custom stage to show the actual looping process?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Really nice find. How long did it take you to learn to loop the Arrows like you did in the video? Also is it possible you could recreate this on a bigger custom stage to show the actual looping process?
I think that would be a good idea to do on your own. When I tried to learn Arrow Looping, I created a large stage, as I am sure a number of other Pit players did. In fact, I am going to do this. I'll watch my arrows, but I'll try to figure out how I can get my fingers to maneuver the arrows so that I can perform it with ease without looking at them.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
This is difficult for me. :( I see the video, and not once do you aim your arrow up. When I try it like you're doing it, it doesn't work for me.

Sean~

Smash Apprentice
@Maniaclyrasist

It taked quite a long time cuz i was with the problem in my head about.. Dang how can i stand still while im looping the second arrow o.o, i was thinking about that every time, because i saw undr did 3 while he walked a lil bit but i wanted to stand stil,l so after that i thought OMG. What if i let go of my analog stick and hold B and try to control the looped arrow while im ready to shoot the other arrow. thats when i thought dang did i just found something out i never saw on youtube o.o? after that i became to practice 2 arrows all the time, its just a matter of time before u get to know how to do 4 :) just get the rythm in ur head :), but u should know how to loop 1 very well otherwise it will be a problem:)

Sean~

Smash Apprentice
@Dryn i think ur probably using the wrong speed at ur stick ^^, the main problem of or not the problem, the annoying thing about it is, most of the time u forget to shoot of ur arrow or u suddenly do an side b attk which will cause u to get confused.

Coffee™

I need it....
Ok I more or less get the idea of how to do it but I find that my first arrow goes too high before i'm able to loop it back around, and from the looks of your vid your seem to follow a perfect loop most of the time. =/

Sean~

Smash Apprentice
yea, dont worry ill make a vid so u will see a better process about it and how it works.. I guess thats the best thing to do for us all :).

I recorded it in FD because i wanted to confirm if u can see all the 4 arrows looping =).

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Dryn, I know what you mean; the trick is to release the arrow before you can point it upwards.

So when you loop an arrow, you move the analog stick like this:
Release arrow - Up - UpLeft - Left - DownLeft - Down - DownRight - Right - UpRight - Up
...And the loop is competed. The problem is that the last two directions make you point the arrow upwards, so you need to release the arrow as you transition into UpRight (without disrupting the smooth circling of the control stick).

In other words, this tech is performed like this:

(Release arrow)
Up
UpLeft

(Let go of stick and Hold B)
Left
DownLeft
Down
DownRight

Right - (Release Arrow Here)
UpRight
Up...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
What Hayang just stated is the first step needed to be taken when you practice "Ultimate Arrow" and is the primary principle behind it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sig change Hayang and Undr?

And id call it Arrow Blitz ver.2 or something.

I prefer my Gemini arrows atm, until i can get the hang of it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Whoa, whoa, "Ultimate Arrow" is the codename of what I'm working on. lol I was just comparing this to what I'm working on. =P

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Undr's got dibs on that name for his SEEKREET project so we need to find a different name.

Since this can be used as a modification on a lot of arrow techniques, I think it should be named as such.
If you aim the arrows horizontally at the opponent, it's a blitz, if you aim it down on them its a rain, and if you loop them in the air its swarming.

I say it should be called layering, stacking, deluging, parallel arrows, or something like that.

On a side note, this tech is awesome to the max when the user can hit with four arrows, since they're all charged up to at least 9 or 11%, meaning you get around 20~44% if you hit with 2~4 of them.

Top Bottom