• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name any dumb character request for smash

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I am not good at English so I don't know if the word "troll" is the right word I should use

And doesn't "has more favor" means people wants more?
Zero surprise there.

No. Favoring means inclining towards to a certain position. In this case:

Saying a character has more points in favor of them not being in
My wording was a bit off, so a better response is "Saying that the chances of Geno being in Smash aren't in his favor is not trolling."

Saying that a character has very low chances is very far from being offensive anyway unless you are a diehard fan who can't stand criticism of your character(which is what you constantly show).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Welp, found this place. Thought these kind of threads aren't allowed. Anyway, 2 characters I don't get the requests for are Corrin from Fire Emblem and Geno from SE. Corrin because his game will be insignificant be the time Sma5h comes out and most people don't want more FE characters now, and if they do, it's someone else, Anna is surprisingly popular. Geno is dead, has 1 semi-important role, wasn't as good as other party members, his game had no advertisement when it got in Europe after more than a decade, the fact SE has so many more appealing choices and although this is a dumb reason, his fanbase. Every time I argue with a Geno fan, they NEVER listen, bring debunked arguments, suddenly change the owners of him and use themselves as proof he's not ignored by almost every fan. That, and their grammar is terrible more often than not in my experience. HEIL DIE GRAMMATIK!

Burb

The Absolute Worst
For me it was I did bring a lot of negative points in the past (before I was on smashboards)
You also think Geno will be playable.

Again, you're not the best judge of these things.

Then why we don't have a real life character yet in smash? Not in brawl? not in smash 4? Mii is a thing now and you create real life characters there
The fact that one isn't in yet is irrelevant. You keep listing these four requirements, yet a character who breaks the requirements was considered, and declined for a reason that's not listed in your requirements.

This is proof that your requirements are false and completely fabricated. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to grasp.

Being not in a Nintendo console make it waaaay complicated you can't compare Geno to master chief if it's about smash
Geno can't even return in Square-made Mario games.

"There is more favor of him not being in" I can think of more positives than negative so this is only depends on our opinion
"There is no proof that shows king k. Rool has a chance" you are acting like this right now, the character appearing in the poll and not being hated by sakurai and being one of nintendos part alone can give a character a chance
You keep bringing up characters that have absolutely nothing in common with Geno. The Greninja comparison made no sense, and this K. Rool one makes no sense either. The only thing K. Rool and Geno have in common is that they no longer appear in their respective franchises.

K. Rool is far, far higher requested than Geno is (He is the number 1 most wanted newcomer in Smash right now, while Geno's popularity has plummeted in the time between Brawl and Sm4sh), is 100% owned by Nintendo, and is the most wanted character from the series he comes from (Unlike Geno, who is less wanted than Paper Mario).

I'll go ahead and list the pros and cons for Geno to show that there's stronger points against him.

Pros: Unique moveset potential, is in moderate demand, has a cult following
Cons: Owned by a third party, is irrelevant to the series he's in, is only important to a single game from his series, is not the most wanted character from the series he comes from, has no mainstream appeal, is not recognizable, has no future in gaming, his popularity has decreased in the time between Brawl and SSB4.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Welp, found this place. Thought these kind of threads aren't allowed. Anyway, 2 characters I don't get the requests for are Corrin from Fire Emblem and Geno from SE. Corrin because his game will be insignificant be the time Sma5h comes out and most people don't want more FE characters now, and if they do, it's someone else, Anna is surprisingly popular. Geno is dead, has 1 semi-important role, wasn't as good as other party members, his game had no advertisement when it got in Europe after more than a decade, the fact SE has so many more appealing choices and although this is a dumb reason, his fanbase. Every time I argue with a Geno fan, they NEVER listen, bring debunked arguments, suddenly change the owners of him and use themselves as proof he's not ignored by almost every fan. That, and their grammar is terrible more often than not in my experience. HEIL DIE GRAMMATIK!
Add in making comparisons that don't make sense such as Greninja, Master Chief and K Rool.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Welp, found this place. Thought these kind of threads aren't allowed.
I actually thought that when I first stumbled upon this topic.

I'm surprised it's not locked yet either after all the Geno arguments. The old Leaks group has locked threads and admin interventions over K. Rool and Ridley arguments.

Add in making comparisons that don't make sense such as Greninja, Master Chief and K Rool.
The Master Chief comparison was mine.

It was meant to demonstrate that you don't need official word to know that a character has no shot (Which Geno Boost kept saying: that I can't say Geno has no chance because there's "no proof").

All it takes is a bit of common sense.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I actually thought that when I first stumbled upon this topic.

I'm surprised it's not locked yet either after all the Geno arguments. The old Leaks group has locked threads and admin interventions over K. Rool and Ridley arguments.

The Master Chief comparison was mine.

It was meant to demonstrate that you don't need official word to know that a character has no shot (Which Geno Boost kept saying: that I can't say Geno has no chance because there's "no proof").

All it takes is a bit of common sense.
Wait, Geno's been the most argued about? I think that proves how dumb of a request people think he is then

Geno Boost

Smash Master
You also think Geno will be playable.

Again, you're not the best judge of these things.

The fact that one isn't in yet is irrelevant. You keep listing these four requirements, yet a character who breaks the requirements was considered, and declined for a reason that's not listed in your requirements.

This is proof that your requirements are false and completely fabricated. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to grasp.

Geno can't even return in Square-made Mario games.

You keep bringing up characters that have absolutely nothing in common with Geno. The Greninja comparison made no sense, and this K. Rool one makes no sense either. The only thing K. Rool and Geno have in common is that they no longer appear in their respective franchises.

K. Rool is far, far higher requested than Geno is (He is the number 1 most wanted newcomer in Smash right now, while Geno's popularity has plummeted in the time between Brawl and Sm4sh), is 100% owned by Nintendo, and is the most wanted character from the series he comes from (Unlike Geno, who is less wanted than Paper Mario).

I'll go ahead and list the pros and cons for Geno to show that there's stronger points against him.

Pros: Unique moveset potential, is in moderate demand, has a cult following
Cons: Owned by a third party, is irrelevant to the series he's in, is only important to a single game from his series, is not the most wanted character from the series he comes from, has no mainstream appeal, is not recognizable, has no future in gaming, his popularity has decreased in the time between Brawl and SSB4.
I never said Geno will be playable, all what I said that Geno is possible but not impossible

Because Nintendo didn't ask for it like they did in MLSSS and super Mario-kun comics

I know but he has negative as well every character who's getting requests had something negative not everything was positive

I can also list positive and negative reasons but i am more kind of positive than you
+can represent Mario RPGs seires
+can be very compettive and has awesome moveset
+reviving another forgotten character is good and keeps the fans alive
+has a big fanbase to this day
+appeared in every sakurai smash poll since melee
+the most requested square Enix character since brawl
+he is a part of Nintendo and was created to be in a Nintendo game
+never leaved Nintendo console
+he is still popular enough to have a place in smash
+can represent the relationship between square Enix and Nintendo
+getting the right to him would be easier than other square Enix characters since Nintendo already own half of SMRPG stuff
+amiibo can help him to make him appear in more games in the future (I am looking at you alphadream)
+SMRPG was important in Nintendo history in the past
+he is the only 3rd party character who made a huge adventure with Nintendo's mascot
+SMRPG was already released worldwide

-isn't a huge character
-3rd party
-not the most requested Mario character
-not the main character
-SMRPG is being over shadowed by 2 other Mario RPGs seires
-SMRPG is dead franchise
-there is a lot of Mario character already (i don't think that's a big problem)
-isn't the most popular character from square Enix (but we can get more than 1 character from each company anyway)
-appeared in 2 games only

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I never said Geno will be playable, all what I said that Geno is possible but not impossible

Because Nintendo didn't ask for it like they did in MLSSS and super Mario-kun comics

I know but he has negative as well every character who's getting requests had something negative not everything was positive

I can also list positive and negative reasons but i am more kind of positive than you
You're more positive to Geno because you're a Geno fan.
Japan-Exclusive comics also aren't relevant at all.

+getting the right to him would be easier than other square Enix characters since Nintendo already own half of SMRPG stuff
+amiibo can help him to make him appear in more games in the future (I am looking at you alphadream)
+he is the only 3rd party character who made a huge adventure with Nintendo's mascot
- Paper Mario would represent Paper Mario better
- This applies to every other character
- There aren't enough to please
- Contradiction
- Not saying much really
- fair enough
- Except he belongs to SE.
- That applies to so many other characters.
- Applies to many other characters again.
- Every character in the SE Mario spin-offs fit the bill too.
- Only the Mario characters. Which there isn't a lot of in SMRPG. It's just as easy as getting Black Mage.
- Applies to other characters too
- Not really. Didn't sell well and a Mario RPG was inevitable.
- And he hasn't been heard of since.
- Not initially. It didn't hit Europe until 2007/2008.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So can Paper Mario, a more popular character
That applies to everyone
Not when the fans aren't in the majority, not to mention SE should revive him as they own the character
False, otherwise I'd see Geno support from more than you and your youtube account
I certainly don't remember him on the Brawl poll that had Dedede win, Ridley second and I believe K.Rool fifth
Pretty sure that's false, citation needed
So can Terra, a much more iconic character who's game is also heavily requested to be remade, though not as much as FFVII
They own the Mario characters. That's it
Duck Hunt sequel confirmed then, along with a ROB game and a new G&W
No it wasn't. If it never existed Nintendo would eventually make an RPG with Mario
Depends on your definition of adventure
It's European release was around 2007 and got less advertisement than W101

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Alright, there's a lot of issues here.

I'll break 'em down.

More people would prefer Paper Mario do that. It's as much a problem as it is a plus.

It's also completely unnecessary. The Mario series has gone forward without this character, and doesn't really need him in it.

Also, you can't say "He's super popular!" one minute, and then the next say "He needs to return to keep his fanbase alive!". Either he's popular or he needs advertising to get fans back. You can't have it both ways.

False. His fanbase is much smaller now than it was before Brawl. You are literally the only person I know of who still insists that he's as big as ever. Even Kite mentioned that its smaller.

As mentioned in the previous one, you contradicted yourself here.

These are basically the same point. You're just trying to pad out the list here.

You already said this a few points ago. "He's still popular!" and "He's popular enough for Smash!" are the same thing.

LOL

I think it's clear with this one that you actually had to read through Kite's post to find pluses for Geno because you couldn't think of enough on your own.

This is an assumption. Square is just as likely to say "Hey, instead of Geno, why not use a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest character?"

In fact, considering that Square themselves didn't want to use Geno in the Mario games they've made in recent years, it's highly likely that they'd do this.

"He'd get an amiibo!" is not a point.

That first one is an opinion (And you Geno fanboys sure love to point out opinions!), and thus is not evidence.

The second isn't even a valid point. It's just another case of you trying desperately to jot down perceived advantages to try and make the green list bigger. It's not even a "huge adventure", anyway. It's a spinoff.

Not a valid point. Lucas, Marth, and Roy all made it in before Geno despite their games being exclusive to Japan.

So, here's your list with the opinions, repeats, and particularly major non-points removed:

-isn't a huge character
-3rd party
-not the most requested Mario character
-not the main character
-SMRPG is being over shadowed by 2 other Mario RPGs seires
-SMRPG is dead franchise
-there is a lot of Mario character already (i don't think that's a big problem)
-isn't the most popular character from square Enix (but we can get more than 1 character from each company anyway)
-appeared in 2 games only
Oh, lookie what happened. :troll: The negatives outweigh the positives.....

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Geno doesn't have anywhere close to the amount of favor he had in Brawl speculation. I'm absolutely certain K.Rool, Ridley, Krystal, Simon Belmont and Bomberman are well over Geno in terms of potentially being playable either now or in the future.

Geno has literally no chance since A) He's a Squeenix character, and they'd want to promote FF or DQ, not a game that came out on the SNES and has been forgotten since, B) He's not relevant in the mainstream Mario series; even characters like Waluigi and Daisy, who haven't been in main series titles for a while, or ever in Waluigi's case, but are still 20x more iconic than Geno and C) Geno is a third party, and there's far better third-party choices that would make more sense (Cloud, returning of Snake, even Knuckles!) than Geno would. It's been 19 YEARS, and Geno is even less relevant to Mario's history than Waluigi.

Was Geno in Mario Kart 8? No, but Waluigi was, as was Daisy. Was Geno in Fortune Street, an explicit Nintendo/Squenix crossover? No, but Waluigi was. Was Geno even in a prior Smash game at all? Nope, but Waluigi was an Assist Trophy in two.

Geno is even less relevant than the spinoff-restricted sidekick to Wario. And that's pathetic. He can't even hold a candle to K.Rool's relevancy, because K.Rool's been in more games and his games are being put up on the eShop right now. SMRPG isn't on the Wii U VC, and I doubt it will be for a long time, if at all.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Was Geno in Mario Kart 8? No, but Waluigi was, as was Daisy. Was Geno in Fortune Street, an explicit Nintendo/Squenix crossover? No, but Waluigi was. Was Geno even in a prior Smash game at all? Nope, but Waluigi was an Assist Trophy in two.
They seem to think Geno is "too important" to return in games like Fortune Street or Sports Mix. That's their go-to way to explain around his absence in them.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Alright, there's a lot of issues here.

I'll break 'em down.

More people would prefer Paper Mario do that. It's as much a problem as it is a plus.

It's also completely unnecessary. The Mario series has gone forward without this character, and doesn't really need him in it.

Also, you can't say "He's super popular!" one minute, and then the next say "He needs to return to keep his fanbase alive!". Either he's popular or he needs advertising to get fans back. You can't have it both ways.

False. His fanbase is much smaller now than it was before Brawl. You are literally the only person I know of who still insists that he's as big as ever. Even Kite mentioned that its smaller.

As mentioned in the previous one, you contradicted yourself here.

These are basically the same point. You're just trying to pad out the list here.

You already said this a few points ago. "He's still popular!" and "He's popular enough for Smash!" are the same thing.

LOL

I think it's clear with this one that you actually had to read through Kite's post to find pluses for Geno because you couldn't think of enough on your own.

This is an assumption. Square is just as likely to say "Hey, instead of Geno, why not use a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest character?"

In fact, considering that Square themselves didn't want to use Geno in the Mario games they've made in recent years, it's highly likely that they'd do this.

"He'd get an amiibo!" is not a point.

That first one is an opinion (And you Geno fanboys sure love to point out opinions!), and thus is not evidence.

The second isn't even a valid point. It's just another case of you trying desperately to jot down perceived advantages to try and make the green list bigger. It's not even a "huge adventure", anyway. It's a spinoff.

Not a valid point. Lucas, Marth, and Roy all made it in before Geno despite their games being exclusive to Japan.

So, here's your list with the opinions, repeats, and particularly major non-points removed:

Oh, lookie what happened. :troll: The negatives outweigh the positives.....
A lot of character in smash does have this actually

Geno can represent Mario RPGs seires since SMRPG started all also it's not a problem since Geno has been already requested than him before smash 4 and stayed longer

:popo:

He still does have a big fanbase but it's not "loud" as it was in brawl you can find huge amount of them on YouTube and tumblr and deivenart

I was saying this before kite post actually

Nintendo didn't ask for Geno like they did in super Mario-kun comics and MLSSS, square Enix are not free to use him without Nintendo

It can help Geno future since he is not a kind of character that appear in every game

I can explain this but it will take a lot of time
It's still bigger than what sonic and pac-man and Megaman did to Mario
Adventure>>>sport/kart/comics

I know but being released worldwide will make the chance better

Still there isn't anything that prove Geno is impossible as long as he have both positive and negative a lot of character in smash does have this in smash, Geno isn't different he have the same thing too
I can break my own negative for Geno and make it positive if I wanted too
I guess this is going forever isn't it? Nobody is going to win in the end, sakurai and Nintendo at the end choose whatever they wants, and isn't the thread about "dumb request" why are we talking about "chances" here? And i can't reply to everyone since I am 1 person here and I don't have enough time to do it

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Geno can represent Mario RPGs seires since SMRPG started all also it's not a problem since Geno has been already requested than him before smash 4 and stayed longer

He still does have a big fanbase but it's not "loud" as it was in brawl you can find huge amount of them on YouTube and tumblr and deivenart

Nintendo didn't ask for Geno like they did in super Mario-kun comics and MLSSS, square Enix are not free to use him without Nintendo

It can help Geno future since he is not a kind of character that appear in every game

Still there isn't anything that prove Geno is impossible as long as he have both positive and negative a lot of character in smash does have this in smash, Geno isn't different he have the same thing too

I guess this is going forever isn't it? Nobody is going to win in the end, sakurai and Nintendo at the end choose whatever they wants, and isn't the thread about "dumb request" why are we talking about "chances" here? And i can't reply to everyone since I am 1 person here and I don't have enough time to do it
Not really, Geno's popularity is next to nothing, especially compared to Paper Mario
"It was the first game so it should be represented" doesn't exactly work when we've had character who use moves of other characters or other games, not to mention, Peach already represents the game with some attacks
Nintendo character owned by Nintendo
Let me guess, all of them are related to Geno fan groups? If I ask a friend "Do you want Ichigo from Bleach?" and he says yes, I can say I've only seen support then
Evidence would be nice for a change
Then that begs the question. WHY didn't Nintendo ask for Geno?
Applies to a lot of more popular characters owned by Nintendo
Mario and Sonic's only crossover is sport games. Geno is 'too important' for that
Not when the game didn't get advertised in the slightest
How about the fact SE hates it when people touch their IP?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
To be honest we can talk about positive and negative reasons as much as we can but that won't prove Geno is impossible if Geno already have positives but the only thing that will make Geno completely impossible and kill all of his chances if this happens:

Sakurai: hello square Enix can you allow me to use Geno in super smash bros?

Square Enix: no.

If this happend then it will prove Geno is impossible, this is the most thing that people are worried about when it comes to a 3rd party character if the company didn't speak of their character being voted or anything related in smash

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I can break my own negative for Geno and make it positive if I wanted too
- Does what?
- But Paper Mario would represent Paper Mario better than Geno does.
- What about the Ice Climbers? They're retro characters that actually belong to Nintendo and the main characters of their game. They were cut because the 3ds is weak.
- The only Geno supporter I've seen on Youtube is you. I'd like evidence of these others.
- Which leaves him in a rut. Also comics in general don't matter in a VIDEO GAME CROSSOVER
- That can be applied to other characters as well. What makes Geno more deserving than others?
- Yes but they've crossed over more times than Geno has with Mario. You're also contradicting yourself here. You love bringing up the irrelevant comics but here you say they don't matter. Which is it?
- Applies to so many other characters. It wasn't released worldwide initially.
- Loads of other characters have Positives and Negatives but are impossible. Burb's example of Master Chief for example.
+ FPS icon
+ Flagship character.
+ Massive potential
+ Halo DS...
- ...Didn't get beyond the pitch
- Microsoft owned.
- Gee I wonder why? *coughGenobiascough*
- Geno's chances can factor into why people think he's a dumb request. Look at other examples in this thread. Most of them have little (or no) chance of making it in. Geno's are virtually impossible.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Because part of the reason why myself and others think Geno is a stupid request is because he has no chance. That's the main reason why everyone thinks Goku is a stupid idea.

My reasons are that Geno has no chance and would be a dumb idea even if he did because he's unimportant to the Mario series overall.

the only thing that will make Geno completely impossible and kill all of his chances if this happens:

Sakurai: hello square Enix can you allow me to use Geno in super smash bros?

Square Enix: no.

If this happend then it will prove Geno is impossible, this is the most thing that people are worried about when it comes to a 3rd party character if the company didn't speak of their character being voted or anything related in smash
They wouldn't ask for him in the first place.

Because he's a stupid idea. If they've shown no interest in him for the past 19 years, they're not gonna suddenly decide that he's this major icon who needs to be in Smash. Square themselves don't even want to use him. As repeated time and time again, they chose not to use him in any of the Mario games they made in recent years. And it wasn't a case of them just forgetting about SMRPG or deciding not to use anything from that game, considering that Fortune Street uses SMRPG music.

If Brawl's massive Geno fandom didn't convince them, the shrunken minuscule SSB4 Geno fandom sure as hell won't either.

Not many other characters have as many obstacles in their way as Geno.

Popularity is pretty major when Geno's main competitor is a character who wouldn't require third party permission and represents the same thing. There'd be reason to go with him over Paper Mario if he was in higher demand. Since he's not, there's pretty much no reason.

Paper Mario is in higher demand. This is not an opinion, it is a fact based on data gathered in polls.

I dunno what you're trying to get at here.

Is this another oddball comparison like the Greninja and K. Rool ones?

It's smaller than it was in Brawl.

I'm not saying nobody is asking for Geno anymore. I'm saying that far less people are. Brawl's Geno fandom was comparable to SSB4's Ridley and K. Rool ones.

I've had about three or four Geno debates with you before this one.

I don't recall ever seeing you say this.

Square doesn't care to use Geno, and neither does Nintendo.

Proof lays in Square not using him in the Mario games they've made since SMRPG, and Nintendo going 19 years without requesting to use him. And before you say "BUT THE FEUD!", the feud only lasted for a good 6 of those years (1996-2002), less than half the of the years that have gone without a major Geno appearance.

Who says he needs a future?

Again: 19 years, and he's only appeared once in a tutorial in a game by the only company who's shown any sign of interest in using the character.

Mario RPGs are spinoffs.

You seem to be ranking them on par with the platformers, but fact of the matter is, the platformers are the main Mario series. RPGs are secondary.

Not really.

SMRPG's European release wasn't really treated as a major thing. It just popped up on the eShop, and that was that.

Maybe it would be a good sign if they had treated it like they did the Earthbound and Earthbound Beginnings VC releases, but they didn't.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I love how this became the "entertain the ramblings of a 14 year old Geno fanboy" thread.

It's like the mere mention of the character sparks massive debate anywhere.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I love how this became the "entertain the ramblings of a 14 year old Geno fanboy" thread.

It's like the mere mention of the character sparks massive debate anywhere.
Guess that speaks to the popularity of the character if so many are passionate about him.

This has also become a "let's all gang up and condescend some 14 year old for liking a character I don't like"

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Because part of the reason why myself and others think Geno is a stupid request is because he has no chance. That's the main reason why everyone thinks Goku is a stupid idea.

My reasons are that Geno has no chance and would be a dumb idea even if he did because he's unimportant to the Mario series overall.

They wouldn't ask for him in the first place.

Because he's a stupid idea. If they've shown no interest in him for the past 19 years, they're not gonna suddenly decide that he's this major icon who needs to be in Smash. Square themselves don't even want to use him. As repeated time and time again, they chose not to use him in any of the Mario games they made in recent years. And it wasn't a case of them just forgetting about SMRPG or deciding not to use anything from that game, considering that Fortune Street uses SMRPG music.

If Brawl's massive Geno fandom didn't convince them, the shrunken minuscule SSB4 Geno fandom sure as hell won't either.

Not many other characters have as many obstacles in their way as Geno.

Popularity is pretty major when Geno's main competitor is a character who wouldn't require third party permission and represents the same thing. There'd be reason to go with him over Paper Mario if he was in higher demand. Since he's not, there's pretty much no reason.

Paper Mario is in higher demand. This is not an opinion, it is a fact based on data gathered in polls.

I dunno what you're trying to get at here.

Is this another oddball comparison like the Greninja and K. Rool ones?

It's smaller than it was in Brawl.

I'm not saying nobody is asking for Geno anymore. I'm saying that far less people are. Brawl's Geno fandom was comparable to SSB4's Ridley and K. Rool ones.

I've had about three or four Geno debates with you before this one.

I don't recall ever seeing you say this.

Square doesn't care to use Geno, and neither does Nintendo.

Proof lays in Square not using him in the Mario games they've made since SMRPG, and Nintendo going 19 years without requesting to use him. And before you say "BUT THE FEUD!", the feud only lasted for a good 6 of those years (1996-2002), less than half the of the years that have gone without a major Geno appearance.

Who says he needs a future?

Again: 19 years, and he's only appeared once in a tutorial in a game by the only company who's shown any sign of interest in using the character.

Mario RPGs are spinoffs.

You seem to be ranking them on par with the platformers, but fact of the matter is, the platformers are the main Mario series. RPGs are secondary.

Not really.

SMRPG's European release wasn't really treated as a major thing. It just popped up on the eShop, and that was that.

Maybe it would be a good sign if they had treated it like they did the Earthbound and Earthbound Beginnings VC releases, but they didn't.
They were already unimportant characters in smash so that's not a reason

Still the most requested square Enix character to this day and you didn't come future to tell me if they are going to ask for him are not. if square Enix hates a character then why did they even created the character there is no proof shows square Enix hates Geno plus square Enix doesn't really care if their character get in smash or not since they showed no interest about voting for character or anything related in smash

It can it's possible

This is only an opinion because I can think of character that already in smash that has more negative than positive

There is always a reason

You mean "fan polls" this is not enough to see who is more voted, the "official ballout" will show the real answer and remember some people vote multiply times

I know but you can still found a lot of supporters

because I was talking to different person about this

Square Enix can't take a care for a Mario character also Nintendo ask whatever they wants they already made good and bad things in the past, also the fact that I didn't see anyone begged Nintendo to use Geno and mallow in that game so Nintendo didn't hear anything about the fans

I do and a lot of people does
He is a Mario character so that can help the chances would be higher for him to appear in future games they can bring a lot of new ideas if they are going to use him

So you can say "oh Mario kart is not important because it's just a spinoff"
RPG is more special than sport/kart/comics because the characters does something bigger in the game

But it's still better than only being stuck in one country like mother 3

As I said no one is going to win it's only depends on your opinion on the character but that won't change anything he is good and bad like every character

EDIT: I guess people here wants us to stop so I suggest this discussion to stop and be back to what the title says "dumb request" and not "rate thier chances"

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
EDIT: I guess people here wants us to stop so I suggest this discussion to stop and be back to what the title says "dumb request" and not "rate thier chances"
Yes, because it's OUR fault for turning this into an 'argue about Geno' thread, not the person who's upset about the people who say Geno and give their reasons when asked who they think are dumb requests

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
dont act like you werent a part of anything that happend here
She isn't acting.
She's saying that we didn't turn it into an "argue about Geno" thread. It was a Geno supporter (Zane13Pyro) that got upset that Geno was mentioned and it started there.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"Characters chances" are bound to come up when discussing "dumb character choices" anyway. Whether it's because they lack any decent chance or someone's baffled by the support a character has.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
She isn't acting.
She's saying that we didn't turn it into an "argue about Geno" thread. It was a Geno supporter (Zane13Pyro) that got upset that Geno was mentioned and it started there.
but the replies made it turn into a bigger thing so it's still a part
I posted my reasons to why I think Geno is a dumb request along with Corrin in a thread called 'Name amy dumb character request for smash'. You got defensive
I saw your first post on this thread and it's fine because you were speaking of a character that you find it dumb but then you're 4th post made you a part of what happend

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I saw your first post on this thread and it's fine because you were speaking of a character that you find it dumb but then you're 4th post made you a part of what happend
We never denied being a part of it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Maybe if someone didn't feel offended when I talked **** about a character they liked and tried to convince me to change my mind I wouldn't have replied

Burb

The Absolute Worst
They were already unimportant characters in smash so that's not a reason
I don't know what that even means.
Geno's not an important character in anything except Super Mario RPG.

Still the most requested square Enix character to this day and you didn't come future to tell me if they are going to ask for him are not. if square Enix hates a character then why did they even created the character there is no proof shows square Enix hates Geno plus square Enix doesn't really care if their character get in smash or not since they showed no interest about voting for character or anything related in smash
Square Enix is not a series. It is a company.

Geno is a Mario character.

The fact that he's the most requested Square Enix character is irrelevant. The only way it would matter is if Nintendo decided that they specifically wanted to get a Square Enix character in Smash.

It can it's possible
It's incredibly unlikely.

This is only an opinion because I can think of character that already in smash that has more negative than positive
They're already in Smash.

What's your point?

There is always a reason
Paper Mario represents the same thing as Geno. He is more wanted, and would not require third party permission. While he would be a third Mario, he has potential for a unique moveset.

The fact that Geno is not Mario is the only thing he has over Paper Mario.

You mean "fan polls" this is not enough to see who is more voted, the "official ballout" will show the real answer and remember some people vote multiply times
Yeah, fan polls like the one you used as proof of Geno's popularity back during our first debate about this.

I know but you can still found a lot of supporters
Not even close to as many pre-Brawl.

because I was talking to different person about this
Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware I was required to keep tabs on every single conversation you've ever had.

Square Enix can't take a care for a Mario character also Nintendo ask whatever they wants they already made good and bad things in the past, also the fact that I didn't see anyone begged Nintendo to use Geno and mallow in that game so Nintendo didn't hear anything about the fans
Square doesn't want to use this Mario character. They've had access to the Mario IP at least three times since SMRPG, and have chosen to exclude Geno and Mallow every single time.

What game he's being demanded for is irrelevant. They know Geno's popularity (as you said yourself, he was on Sakurai's poll results), and stil choose not to use him.

I do and a lot of people does
He is a Mario character so that can help the chances would be higher for him to appear in future games they can bring a lot of new ideas if they are going to use him
They've brought in new ideas without him, considering that the entire series has continued to thrive without him.

We've gone 19 years with no Geno. We can continue without him.

So you can say "oh Mario kart is not important because it's just a spinoff" RPG is more special than sport/kart/comics because the characters does something bigger in the game
This is an opinion.

Mario Kart sells better than Mario RPGs and are treated as more important by Nintendo. It also has more representation in Smash than the Mario RPGs do (Mario RPGs have 1 stage, trophies, and some music tracks. Mario Kart has 3 stages, music tracks, trophies, and items).

But it's still better than only being stuck in one country like mother 3
What's your point? Lucas is in Smash. Geno is not.

As I said no one is going to win it's only depends on your opinion on the character but that won't change anything he is good and bad like every character
I don't even know what you're talking about here.

Guess that speaks to the popularity of the character if so many are passionate about him.

This has also become a "let's all gang up and condescend some 14 year old for liking a character I don't like"
Except this whole argument was sparked by Geno Boost taking offense to people naming Geno as a dumb character request.

You can't label us as being mad that he likes Geno when we're not even the ones who started it. There would be no Geno argument if he hadn't gotten so worked up over people saying Geno is a stupid idea.

I don't want to talk about this more but let's forgot about what happend here and focus on "dumb request" and not "rate thier chances" :drshrug:
We were.

This whole thing started because we listed Geno as a dumb request.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I have a question. If Geno is oh so possible because of Japan exclusive manga that's obscure as hell, does that mean Ridley's a shoo-in? Multiple comics and manga, the canonical Metroid manga being his best appearance yet, popular and wellknown with most Metroid fans and that Ridley appeared on MAD TV

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I have a question. If Geno is oh so possible because of Japan exclusive manga that's obscure as hell, does that mean Ridley's a shoo-in? Multiple comics and manga, the canonical Metroid manga being his best appearance yet, popular and wellknown with most Metroid fans and that Ridley appeared on MAD TV
I don't even understand what he's trying to get at with the mangas and comic books.

Top Bottom