• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NAMCO's Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You must be new to the internet and debating in general if you think i'm trolling.

Nope, you're just kinda bad at it, and it's really easy to tell you are. Also acting like jerk and insulting people is also reportable, which I will keep doing. You can leave this thread if you're just here to start trouble.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
So you're reporting me because i don't agree with you then? Well....i didn't break any rules and i'm not trolling. So.....good luck with being on the internet then.

No, I'm reporting you because you're coming in here, attempting to troll/insult me for no reason and harassing me by not stopping, and ruining this thread. Just leave.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
No, I'm reporting you because you're coming in here, trolling/insulting me for no reason and harassing me by not stopping. Just leave.
I never insulted or trolled you. I called something stupid but i never called you stupid. I'm not harassing you either. But you are "TRYING" to harass and attack me for not agreeing with you.

Debating doesn't work that way. Welcome to the internet. A place where not everyone will agree with you.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I already put an end to this, and then you come in here to troll and start it back up. You're post has been reported.
Disagreement isn't trolling, Xaltis. Peacock isn't attacking you, just an idea, so don't worry about it so much.

We're all gonna make it, chica

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I never insulted or trolled you. I called something stupid but i never called you stupid. I'm not harassing you either. But you are "TRYING" to harass and attack me for not agreeing with you.

Debating doesn't work that way. Welcome to the internet. A place where not everyone will agree with you.

You are trying to insult me by saying I'm "new" to the internet. It's REALLY not that hard to see. I don't care if you didn't agree with me. That has nothing to do with this so stop trying to make it about that.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You are trying to insult me by saying I'm "new" to the internet. It's REALLY not that hard to see. I don't care if you didn't agree with me. That has nothing to do with this so stop trying to make it about that.
Easy fix. Don't reply to me if you don't like my posts. Just, put me on ignore if you want.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I already put an end to this, and then you come in here to troll and start it back up. You're post has been reported.
At this point I'm not sure if you're the one trolling here. You baited people with entirely incorrect statements (not once but twice) and then report them for trying to correct/counter-debate the ludicrous statements you're making? Yeah okay then.

To make this post a bit more on-topic; does it seem to anybody else like Lloyd Irving's Smash fanbase is quite an insular thing only really found on the likes of Smashboards? I certainly know that if I asked a handful of friends who they'd consider for a third party Smash inclusion, Lloyd wouldn't be their top choice, or even in their top 10, if they know of him at all that is. I just don't see him meeting the same kind of criteria that Sonic and Megaman did - Snake being the exception to the rule so far because Sakurai and Kojima are BFF's and stuff.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
At this point I'm not sure if you're the one trolling here. You baited people with entirely incorrect statements (not once but twice) and then report them for trying to correct/counter-debate the ludicrous statements you're making? Yeah okay then.

To make this post a bit more on-topic; does it seem to anybody else like Lloyd Irving's Smash fanbase is quite an insular thing only really found on the likes of Smashboards? I certainly know that if I asked a handful of friends who they'd consider for a third party Smash inclusion, Lloyd wouldn't be their top choice, or even in their top 10, if they know of him at all that is. I just don't see him meeting the same kind of criteria that Sonic and Megaman did - Snake being the exception to the rule so far because Sakurai and Kojima are BFF's and stuff.

Well that never happened so I have no clue what you're talking about.

And I actually know TONS of people who would want Lloyd in there.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I am going to get this thread back on topic by saying the Namco character is obviously the long awaited Mappy:

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
^
Or Pacman. I don't really care lol as long as most of the recognizable characters are still in.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
I'm done being nice to you. It's occured to me that you don't and never have deserved it. Neither me nor 8-peacock-8 were in the wrong. You started this, stop acting like we're the ones trolling because we're not it's you. Oh, and you didn't put an end to anything, all you did was unjustly report me when I did nothing wrong. If you're going to debate about character inclusions involving PSAS don't get mad when others do the same. See? It's as simple as that. Stop your little power trip and for Gods sakes act like you got some sense.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I'm done being nice to you. It's occured to me that you don't and never have deserved it. Neither me nor 8-peacock-8 were in the wrong. You started this, stop acting like we're the ones trolling because we're not it's you. Oh, and you didn't put an end to anything, all you did was unjustly report me when I did nothing wrong. If you're going to debate about character inclusions involving PSAS don't get mad when others do the same. See? It's as simple as that. Stop your little power trip and for Gods sakes act like you got some sense.

Omg really? Stop starting the trouble back up when it's about to end. Nothing you're saying is right. I started several times that I was not doing this because they disagreed with me. Get out of this thread if you're gonna continue start trouble.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Omg really? Stop starting the trouble back up when it's about to end. Nothing you're saying is right. I started several times that I was not doing this because they disagreed with me. Get out of this thread if you're gonna continue start trouble.
Are you seriously saying that anyone with a differing opinion from yours is wrong? Yeah you're going on my ignore. It's obvious that you're a troll.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Well that never happened so I have no clue what you're talking about.
Really?

Heihachi was in Allstars and will probably be in the second Allstars game. So no Tekken people will be able to be in Smash just like Metal Gear people due to Raiden.
If that's not an entirely incorrect statement, then I don't know what is.

And I actually know TONS of people who would want Lloyd in there.
I'd imagine that may be a case of your friend group (online or offline) being more involved in gaming in general - I'm not going to say my friends who I play Smash with are 'filfthy casuals' (lolol) by any means, but outside of the reaches of the internet, only two people who I've suggested Lloyd's inclusion to have actually had any idea who I was talking about. Snake got in Brawl as a favour from Sakurai to Kojima - Megaman and Sonic got into Smash by being Sakurai's definition of 'special exceptions', vastly popular characters not only in gaming circles but all around the world. Any kid, teenager or old-age pensioner can recognize Pac-Man or Sonic at first glance - how many people are going to see Lloyd in Smash and have the same reaction? Not many - a sizable amount of people want him in to be sure, but his fanbase is small change compared to the worldwide appeal of a character like Pac-Man.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find it funny that Xaltis is so worried about getting this thread derailed and closed. Yet he's the primary reason it began down that route.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I find it funny that Xaltis is so worried about getting this thread derailed and closed. Yet he's the primary reason it began down that route.

No...that's not what happened at all...have you even been reading the posts being said here? Guess I'll just add you to the ignore list.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Honestly, if I could speak BLASPHEMY for a second, what if Sakurai said no to Namco-Bandai for a character in Smash 4? I'm honestly not expecting Namco-Bandai to have a rep in Smash 4. Remember, Sora AND Namco-Bandai are half and half with the game, meaning Namco-Bandai isn't guaranteed a character slot at all, and if a character is getting in, its without a FREAKING doubt Pac-Man, because Pac-Man actually has a ton of video game history compared to Lloyd. Lloyd at most might be an AT in Smash 4, even assuming they bring those back.

Besides, they DID make a great moveset for Jigglypuff, a character you would NEVER EXPECT to be in a game like Smash.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Honestly, if I could speak BLASPHEMY for a second, what if Sakurai said no to Namco-Bandai for a character in Smash 4? I'm honestly not expecting Namco-Bandai to have a rep in Smash 4. Remember, Sora AND Namco-Bandai are half and half with the game, meaning Namco-Bandai isn't guaranteed a character slot at all, and if a character is getting in, its without a FREAKING doubt Pac-Man, because Pac-Man actually has a ton of video game history compared to Lloyd. Lloyd at most might be an AT in Smash 4, even assuming they bring those back.

Besides, they DID make a great moveset for Jigglypuff, a character you would NEVER EXPECT to be in a game like Smash.

It would be nice to see Lloyd AT LEAST as an assist trophy. I know Sakurai said NAMCO isn't getting any special treatment, but idk I kinda figured they'd at least get one character, but who knows.

CalumG

Smash Lord
So anyway, how would you guys react if Heihachi got in? :p
But Playstation All-Stars!

No, but in all seriousness, I'd be a little disappointed with it, if only for the fact that he's already in fighting games. Snake and Sonic and a couple of others have been in fighting games too, I guess, but part of the charm of Smash Bros. is that despite all the characters having some kind of physical attack abilities, they're not what you'd consider to be 'fighters' in the conventional manner. Plus it'd take some of the mystery out of it - although he'd obviously have to be adapted to Smash, those of us who have played Tekken pretty much know his fighting style before even getting a chance to play as him. There's none of the thrill of seeing him adapted to the Smash Bros. fighting style because most/all of his moves would be ripped straight from other fighters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
But Playstation All-Stars!

No, but in all seriousness, I'd be a little disappointed with it, if only for the fact that he's already in fighting games. Snake and Sonic and a couple of others have been in fighting games too, I guess, but part of the charm of Smash Bros. is that despite all the characters having some kind of physical attack abilities, they're not what you'd consider to be 'fighters' in the conventional manner. Plus it'd take some of the mystery out of it - although he'd obviously have to be adapted to Smash, those of us who have played Tekken pretty much know his fighting style before even getting a chance to play as him. There's none of the thrill of seeing him adapted to the Smash Bros. fighting style because most/all of his moves would be ripped straight from other fighters.
True.

I think any Tekken character would be great. The best thing about Heihachi is that we'd almost definitely get Kuma as either a final smash or assist trophy. How cool would that be?
I did have a weird dream a few days ago where Kuma fought Shulk and Palutena on an original Smash stage.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Kuma/Panda would be cute/cool, but I don't think casual gamers would know where the bear mauling Bowser's face off came from.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
Kuma/Panda would be cute/cool, but I don't think casual gamers would know where the bear mauling Bowser's face off came from.
When I first played smash64 I didn't know who C. Falcon, Ness, or even Samus were. Since then I've played 4 F-Zero games, beaten Earthbound, Mother 3, Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Other M. A similiar pattern occured when I first played melee, and then Brawl. One of the most underappreciated things about smash is how it really broadens your knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom