• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naka Monthly - Sunday Feb 11, 12-6pm

A-Laon

Smash Master
Well, I must be living in the dark or something because it wasn't just until Fritz brought it to my attention that there was a buy-in for the doubles that I had actually realized it myself...

Question - is it a seperate buy-in for each tourney, or does the same $15 get you into both singles and doubles, with the pot split for each?

God I've lost my ability to read threads fully. :p

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Well, I must be living in the dark or something because it wasn't just until Fritz brought it to my attention that there was a buy-in for the doubles that I had actually realized it myself...

Question - is it a seperate buy-in for each tourney, or does the same $15 get you into both singles and doubles, with the pot split for each?

God I've lost my ability to read threads fully. :p
Uh dude, 10 gets you into singles, and another 10 gets your into doubles. Or vise versa.

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
I want to meet up also....but i want to know what levels you guys are at because i here there are some high level monsters out that way.
Well, i'm always looking for an adventure and umm.................i'd love to join the party, i might not have much to offer though........:ohwell:

Maybe some wise cracks, or Fritos? or maybe even an elephant tusk

maximusartemus

Smash Cadet
Looking forward to this.
Rob, since I found out my brother is coming I am afraid that Seven Year Fury will have to be set aside, him and I want to team. Sorry.
Team Rodger Fury will now have to kick some ***.

pockyD

Smash Legend
what's the TV situation like?

here's the thing; if you pick me up in the morning to grab the TV, then you have to take me home with it afterwards... if we can spare one less tv, i'd rather just take the bus and keep it simpler

also, wes and i are trying to convince kwalk to go, and if he does, he could probably bring my TV

if you really need my tv and are willing to drive me home afterwards, i can be ready to go whenever you need me, just let me know by tomorrow

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If you can convice K-walk to go (which im praying to god you can pull off) then just do that. Otherwise we wont have that many TVs. Well. I guess we can replace yours with the one Ray brought.

heynivek

Smash Apprentice
i probably won't make it mainly because i am feeling pretty sick right now. I also don't feel like paying 30$ to loose and waking up early in the morning for a long bus ride. But I wish everyone else good luck tomorrow. cmu representz!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i probably won't make it mainly because i am feeling pretty sick right now. I also don't feel like paying 30$ to loose and waking up early in the morning for a long bus ride. But I wish everyone else good luck tomorrow. cmu representz!
Actualy its $20. ^^;

But if you arent feeling well then stay home. I dont want to killing yourself.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Alright so apperently we can't setup till 12:00pm. So if anyone reads this before you head out please show up at 12 instead of the time i specified to you earlier. Any questions at all please contact me at 412-897-9398.

Renth

Smash Hero
Low Tiers:
1.Swiftbass
2. Renth
3. Fafnir

Doubles
1. Hot Cheddar - Wes and Pocky
2. Swiftknee - Renth and Swiftbass
3. Team Victory - Rob and Mike

Singles
1. Wes
2. Renth
3. Pocky

Good Games

Get the Vids up soon.

I hate falcos

pockyD

Smash Legend
i had an awesome time except for the transit issues (took basically 2 hours in the morning and almost that long at night -_-)

it was nice to run so many events; a slightly larger turnout would've been cool but i thought it went really well

ggs all around, and as tim said, BOYCOTT CYBERCONXION

Renth

Smash Hero
@Swiftbass good times as always i enjoy seeing you as always.
@Pocky too bad we didn't get more matches.
@Wesley .. Good Job i hate falcos.
@A-Laon not bad getting better.
@Naka thanks for the ride the matches the vids ect.ect.ect.ect.
@Evan Nice to meet you.
@Rob i hate chain grabbing..
@ ZYT or whatever your name is... It was nice to meet you.
@Justin i miss you!
@ to whomever i missed.

Good times.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
This was alot better than i thought it was going to be. Pics and highlight video up soon. Followed by Actual videos. Mainly giving everyone else a reason to come to this next event.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Highlight video? That is a very good idea. I'm really looking forward to that! Of course, I didn't make the finals of anything, but I'm fairly sure you could look through your old vids to find a clip of YL throwing down a wicked 60% combo, J/K.

I had I really good time, and I sure hope some other people will be willing to make the trip next time.

@ Ray: I know Young Link is pretty bad, but Kirby? He's not allowed to win, lol!
@ Renth: Please, I play to win... if Young Link could chain someone 0-50, I would do it every single game.
@ Tim: I was wrong, you are "the one"
@ Justin: I'll see you in the Smasher of the Day finals...
@ Naka: Way to step up and organize this!
@ Everyone else... GGs all around, I'll see ya Friday.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
yea dore, that sh*t was hot fo sho. Its certificate week so we got to go to duquesne this friday.

about the tournament

@ Ray-your kirbys dope, i think i saw some samus action?
@ Renth: wish we could have played some more, i am glad now that you "quit" you travel to all smash events.
@ Tim: your neo
@ wes: great matches! grats on the vic.
@ Justin: awesome downsmashing!
@ Naka: Way to step up and organize this!
@ shiek: we love you.
@ rob: never give up ylink
@ alan: i still seek your ultimate misery
@ playafritz: thankyou for playing bowser against me
@ taki: nice seeing you! .....o wait you slept in hahah

Top Bottom