• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naka Monthly - Sunday Feb 11, 12-6pm

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
12pm mid-day till 6.

Edit: Whoops this is rob's account, he forgot it logged on in the nitespot.

but this is taki talking anyways.

But anyways, i guess if the general consensus is a No to the duq deal then i guess its ok... I mean its not like i suggested that we get rid of friendlies at duq, plus we get tons of time anyways. Handling money outside of the place would work fine, but i guess the only problem is with newer entrants. So you win the argument. I wouldnt want to be that responsible with (shady)people...

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
is this tourney open for other people like me and friends or is it just you guys? im not promising us showing up but its a possibility.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i would like to recommend that if there is significant interest for both singles and doubles that you drop singles to 10 and make doubles 20/team such that each player pays a flat 20 (which is a nice round number cash-wise and therefore easier to part with) instead of an awkward 25

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i would like to recommend that if there is significant interest for both singles and doubles that you drop singles to 10 and make doubles 20/team such that each player pays a flat 20 (which is a nice round number cash-wise and therefore easier to part with) instead of an awkward 25
If when the time comes and we have a large intrest then sure.

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
Wow this would pretty sweet to go to but it is hell just getting a ride to pittsburgh.....the fact that this is mostly all of the pot except the cost of the room and $50 for 6 hours sounds pretty good. what would a bus ticket cost i wonder? I'd like to make an appearence.

pockyD

Smash Legend
where do you live?

i believe pittsburgh city buses cost $1.75 per, with 50 cent transfers( but that may be outdated or straight up wrong) if you live in the pittsburgh metro area

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
where do you live?

i believe pittsburgh city buses cost $1.75 per, with 50 cent transfers( but that may be outdated or straight up wrong) if you live in the pittsburgh metro area
Unfortunately I live in Cadiz OH which is about an hour or so from pittsburgh. The problem with using a bus as transportation for me is the closest bus station is weirton. So if anything ill try to convince my friend to drive...though he might not want to go, he got severely beat at CyberCon so i don't know how enthused he will be to drive that long to lose again lol. I'm gonna try to arrange something, if not this month, there is always the next one.

Thanks for the info as well

Renth

Smash Hero
If any of y'all wanna find poor old renthy a ride then i'll come to the FIRST ANNUAL
Naka monthly. um... i'll team with whoever gets me!

:laugh:

Nakamaru

Smash Master
you stay the weekend at my house and i'll pick you up... maybe

@BYAA
--This is in sewickley, not pittsburgh. So please look up [756-799] Blackburn Rd Sewickley PA, 15143 instead of looking for this in pittsburgh. Although you may have to find a way from pittsburgh to here. Any questions just ask me.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Just an update on my front -- Fritz is gonna be coming with me now, so tally another one up.

Jeff probably isn't coming. He just doesn't really seem to want to. :ohwell:

sweetooth

Smash Ace
ill try my7 hardest to get to this. Naka, let me know about buses. like if i was coming from downtown what bus/ buses would i get on. also, i would have to have a reliable way back.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
ill try my7 hardest to get to this. Naka, let me know about buses. like if i was coming from downtown what bus/ buses would i get on. also, i would have to have a reliable way back.
I know 16-A goes from pittsburgh to Sewickley. Then just use the mapquest map to find your way to the YMCA. 16-A goes along 65 and Sewickley is right off of that.

pockyD

Smash Legend
bad news, i'm down to 1 TV if you want to pick me up (or if someone else here decides to drive, i.e. kwalk though not looking really likely) and none if you don't (as in you have enough TVs already or something)

if by some bizarre chance i can convince my roommate to go i'm good with 2 again with no ride needed but it's extremely unlikely

sweetooth

Smash Ace
so if i get to sewickley, would someone be able to get me a ride to the Y. or is it pretty close to where the bus would take me?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
so if i get to sewickley, would someone be able to get me a ride to the Y. or is it pretty close to where the bus would take me?
You can walk. It really isnt that far. Just use the "directions" link to find a small road map of that part of sewickley. Use that to find the Y.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
This is taki,

Does anyone want to form a "party" you know like those RPG games and takes the busses there?

I'm looking at kevin, tim, myself, wesley,sheik? maybe sweetooth.

EDIT: ****it Rob stop signing into the nitespot computers!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
This is taki,

Does anyone want to form a "party" you know like those RPG games and takes the busses there?

I like that idea. Im not that directionally sound and I would rather go as a group. My idea would be to potentially meetup @ DUQ and go from there and to NOT just go to the stop and wait, but to know what times since they run funny

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
This is the real Rob... yeah, I agree with Swift we should meet at Duquesne. Actually, I'm just saying that because I live there. Kidding aside, I would feel alot more comfortable if we went together.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
This is taki,

I want to meet up also....but i want to know what levels you guys are at because i here there are some high level monsters out that way.

Renth

Smash Hero
@ Swiftbass

before the tournament starts i want to have a set with you i also would like to ask you to do teams with me.

maximusartemus

Smash Cadet
Sniff, I see how it is, no one wants me to come in their party. I will just have to take my plus five down smash of bull**** elsewhere.
Seriously though, I also think it is a good idea to go together, also more fun.
Rob are we going to do Seven Year Fury again.

Top Bottom