• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naka Monthly - Sunday Feb 11, 12-6pm

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Nakamaru Monthy Tournaments.

Next Event(well actualy the first)
-Sunday Febuary 11, 2007
Sewickley PA

-Sewickley YMCA on Blackburn Road (orange belt)
(if your mapquesting. It gives you a different location for some odd reason. So just find my house, 254 broad street, Sewickley PA 15143. And then keep following these directions.-> Directions

Bus
-for those in pittsburgh. You can take the 16-A strait to sewickley from pittsburgh. You are all college kids im sure you can figure the rest out. Just ask to be let off at sewickley. I'll give you a more clear cut schedule later once i can figure out all the stops and routes.

Pot
-$15 buy in for singles.
-10/15 per person buy in for doubles.

1st- 60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%

TVs
-YMCA = 1
-Nakamaru = 1
-Pocky = 2
-dory = 1
Total -5

Cubes/Wiis
-Naka = 2
-Wesley = 1
-Swift = 1
-Rob = 1
-Dory = 1
Total - 6

Attendance
-Nakamaru
-Wesley
-Swift
-MCC (3)
-Taki
-A-laon
-Renth(maybe)
-Maximus
-Gier
-Bowz + 3
-Renth
-Soldier 6
Total -17

room fee-$50
Pot size-$205

There are alot of places to eat around sewickley so getting food isnt a problem. All are in walking distance, and some will deliver.
Brugers
Vocelli's
Monte Cello's
China Palace
Safrans
Plus a few more.

Yatta yatta. Just if you buy something please keep the room clean. If it gets to messy then we'll get kicked out.

Pretty much all i can think of right now. Any questions IM me at llxeell.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i love the 110% pot size

if you want to pick me up, i can bring two (count them TWO) TVs =)

otherwise i'm probably good to go anyway

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Count me in... I can bring a Gamecube for sure. We might be able to get a TV.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i love the 110% pot size

if you want to pick me up, i can bring two (count them TWO) TVs =)

otherwise i'm probably good to go anyway
Not exactly 110% pot size, but i only need a little from the pot to pay for the room for 6, count it 6!, hours. luckly that is really dependant on how many people show up. Denis is getting me a price on the room wednesday. Getting a discount since i'm friends with the guy, and i semi work there every wednesday. So its not going to be expensive. Might even be free. O.o

I can probably pick you up if i need TVs. Which is very likley. I'll keep ya posted.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
woah Wes (i is coming? **** man I gotta work on my samus killing skills XD

@ everyone whose not in the local area
Come down and **** pittsburgh smash cuz we apparently all suck. Bring your friends too so they can 4 stock us. How can you resist easy cash?!?

pockyD

Smash Legend
you guys should really cut it out with this "no respect" thing, it's getting old x.x

and i'm not totally sure i can fit two TVs in a car (one of them is 32" and my roommate and i had trouble even bringing it home from the store) so i can't guarantee i'll have two; i'll have at least one though and i'm willing to try to pack the second one in

pockyD

Smash Legend
:dizzy: dont worry, mindgames son:dizzy:
-_-

speaking of which; with that stupid run past you then f-smash thing with marth that you always do and always works on me, do you use a pivot smash or just a dash cancel smash?

i tried pivoting for the first time today and i can't seem to get the timing down

takieddine

Smash Master
Pocky you can just CC to reverse C-stick... -_-

Also, i hope there are no laggy TV's. And don't try to trick me :p (i can see frames !!!)

pockyD

Smash Legend
that's what i meant by dash cancel

and that's a bit slower than a pivot smash (which is instant i believe, while dash cancel has the crouching frames)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
pivot smash is harder to do and u usually dont do it behind an opponent because the frame at which u can do any move is in the neutral position(not when ur in the dash animation behind the opponent) pivot smash is just like a random and fast attempt at a smash attack. CC smash is much more useful IMO. Yea i do that alot in teams.

about grabbing, pivot grabbing aka reverse JC grab can be done in any part of the DD so in reality I wouldnt call it a pivot grab unless u do it in that frame where you pivot smash from. but then it wouldnt be as useful would it?

pockyD

Smash Legend
but i'd imagine if you could do both a pivot smash and a cc smash (if that's what you guys are calling it) with the same consistency, a pivot smash would be strictly better because it's faster... is that correct? (since you can turn-around dash at any point)

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Pocky you can just CC to reverse C-stick... -_-

Also, i hope there are no laggy TV's. And don't try to trick me :p (i can see frames !!!)
Its true! one time he calculated the frame laginess on robs t.v. to 1.45367 frames and said that was the only reason i could super wavedash.:psycho:

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
nah i just like make pointless posts, and its not like the title on this thing matters, if it actually did i would post 100000 times a day and then i would be called "smash god" or something and i would be playing in mlg

pockyD

Smash Legend
if everyone from duq wants to, the events at the end of today's tournament angered me enough that i'd be in on a boycott of the next tournament =)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
depends if the boycott's event hold something smash related perhaps, but if y'all boycott and not do anything smash related*cough* hold tourney the same day*cough*, I would go to CyberCon for garanteed money. Other than that I think I would boycott if enough of us agreed to do so and hold something else.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm in favor of this boycott. The projector getting turned off was not the end of the world, but it was so unnecessary and really touched a nerve. Also, would it kill them to just let us stay until 5, they allocated that much time, why couldn't we just stay?

A-Laon

Smash Master
I need to be thankful I wasn't there today, because if I had witnessed that projector getting shut off I most certainly would have have had some words. I'm not so much in favor of a "boycott" by definition, but seeing as we now have something better and more under our own control, cybercon should merely fall below our interest and be treated as such.

takieddine

Smash Master
I'm not sure about the YMCA thing(monthly), since we actually have to rent the place. I'm sure Duq is a much better option, being very accessible to the majority of the people here. We have the setups and can make a 100% pot. I updated the duq thread, you guys tell me what you think.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Its really not that much. Price is still to be determined.

Also handling money there is very shaky since it is in a public place, and im not to sure that duquesne would like us handling money there.

Also duquesne is on fridays, so that still donest solve the CyberCon tournament issue. I like fridays how they are with smasher of the day tournaments and lots of friendlies.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if (as naka claims) the cost for the place is $30 flat, then if we had 15 people play for $15 each, that's still over 80% of the entrance fee in the prize pot, plus even better ratios if we run doubles or have a higher attendance; plus we are guaranteed to have the full 6 hours for friendlies and stuff afterwards, no bureaucratic garbage with a store involved ( but also no free money from 5 yearolds =[ ), and just the overall freedom to run it our way (seeds, pools, whatever), since i think we're mostly all on the same page with what we want in a tournament

i'd feel fine with running money tournaments at duquesne but only because i know and trust most of the people (probably ALL but i'm not thinking too hard about it right now) that already play there, but if some new guy came along and wanted to play in the tournament, there's no guarantee he'd stay in line

and a similar suggestion to the duquesne thread, naka you should put pittsburgh somewhere in the title

Top Bottom