• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair

rolrctermaniac

Smash Apprentice
Thanks I never knew that Nair beats diddy's side-b that will be very handy.

100th post

jinkogunai

Smash Apprentice
also fast falling the nair before the last hit while the opponents in the air opens a lot more options ( sh bair, pivot grab, charged smash, ect.

also fast falling the nair before the last hit while the opponents in the air opens a lot more options ( sh bair, pivot grab, charged smash, ect.
Ack! All horrilbe options with such a narrow time window. Nair has viturally no hitstun at all on those few hits that are not the last hit. Peach or Ness could easily Nair you out of anything you try if you are attempting to pivot grab or SH Bair them. Go with shorter time span moves like angled Ftilt, Utilt, or even a shield grab to predict attacks while they are in the air.

Although, I suppose only people at high levels and characters with actually good aerial options would pose a threat.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've gotten a kill by netting someone with the last upward hitboxes of nair -> usmash.

It's a great move on places like BF.

And I love it against ROB, since iirc he can't be CG'd very much so you can end it with this as an alternative and possibly send him on a better angle.

Choice

Smash Champion
i think nair can beat nado from the side too when spaced just right, which i'm not certain what that spacing is exactly but i've done it on accident twice now (no it wasnt on the start up of nado). maybe somethin else was going on, i mean twice on accident isnt exactly concrete evidence. i'd rather take the usmash though personally.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
nair can beat tornado? i thought only u-smash could do such a thing... maybe falco is mks true counter...

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
well i guess that means the mks are only gonna use it if they know it will hit

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
I thought Dair actually hit him out of it from the top?

I just shield Nado and Dacus or grab him if I can. Phantasm otherwise.

Butya Nair is pretty sexy.

jinkogunai

Smash Apprentice
Ack! All horrilbe options with such a narrow time window. Nair has viturally no hitstun at all on those few hits that are not the last hit. Peach or Ness could easily Nair you out of anything you try if you are attempting to pivot grab or SH Bair them. Go with shorter time span moves like angled Ftilt, Utilt, or even a shield grab to predict attacks while they are in the air.

Although, I suppose only people at high levels and characters with actually good aerial options would pose a threat.
i didn't say to use a certain option, i just said those are available. obviously i would suggest using the best one for the best situation. i apologize if i wasn't clear on the matter

HashyDash

Smash Rookie
A great move that is supremely underused by me (and a lot of people). Great for catching other people off momentum and setting one up for yourself if you're losing air balance.

Top Bottom