• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N00B Puff needs help

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, me and my friends all play smash but we all suck. It doesn't matter though since we're all on the same level. I like to use jiggly puff a lot, but for some reason my friend's Samus is really hard for me to beat unless I use fox or falco. But i'ad like to stay as Jigglypuff. I can combo my friends nicely with Jiggs except for Samus, because she's so floaty. It is also a lot harder to rest her because I can't combo into it.

What are some weaknesses I can exploit in this matchup?

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
-Grab/rest her when she rolls
-Bair and Nair will beat out most of her moves (including her tilts) - abuse the priority
-Your aerial mobility can get around her Fsmash and Dsmash which then leads to a rest
-Pretty much every Samus will use bombs to prevent your approaches. If not spaced well, you can then attack her out of them.
-Bair/fair if she's trying to use Bombs to recover
-Rest if she misses an UpB OoS

The matchup is like 7-3 in Puff's favour. You punish her for pretty much any miss whereas she has very few options and opportunities to punish anyway.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Instead of attacking her when she's bomb jumping, just jump into her bombs and let her drop. Also floaty does not equal hard to combo, at lower levels, most ppl have aweful di to get outta combos, so just string those fairs and bairs

puffpuff

Smash Rookie
Puff ***** Samus just because Puff flies over EVERYTHING Samus can throw at it, or crouch it. Remember that you can crouch power missiles (and normal missiles at close distance) as well as her grab. If Samus ever misses a grab punish with a rest. Gimp recoveries by jumping into walls and stuff. For Samus crouch -> rest works fairly well.

Aside from that, nair to approach and utilt and combo the hell out of her. Samus can't do anything in the air, and that's where Puff excels at. Remember that Samus is trash at punishing rests. The only mildly dangerous move is her fsmash but you can easily DI/SDI to survive it. If she tries to punish you with a fully charged blaster, just SDI the hell out of it. Easy matchup.

Top Bottom