• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[N.F.B CT style] : Brawl Crew Thread

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
thats what im saying man WE SHOULD ROCK THEM IN CREW BATTLE MENG

Also, I think I might be able to find a venue in farmington considering
that seems to be in the middle ground between everyone who comes
to our tournies.

If I found a venue for a bi weekly in farmington Icy, think youd be game
to maintain it??

Papito

Smash Journeyman
...Solid Jake?

Yo Louis post an update to this or something. We should list each tourney in CT or near it that's being held so that it can be counted toward PR's and people will know. Thoughts? It's just an idea.

I'm down with playing Hamden people at Melee, not that I'm any good but whatevs.
No, he was referring to me.
lol i was talking about cort he literally lives across town from me

Whaaat? You guys don't live near eachother I thought Papito lives up near Farmington?
he lives in Middletown....I'm North Haven. Hes like 20 minutes away. Jake is in the middle of nowhere.
lol i live in newbritain

jake lives in union now i thought? ?? that's like 10m west of hartford
unionville is right next to farmington wich is right next to newbirtain and west hartford

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Hey nana, you going to that sunday tourney? I should be free so it be sweet going for the crews and
yknow, me taking singles :p

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Wait a minute.

Are you telling me this is a separate CT Finder thread? You'll have to justify the reason why I shouldn't close this.

noodles

Smash Champion
ct PR thread doesnt PR anymore. and we havent gotten brawl rankings. i think thats one of the reasons for the thread

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
We can't have it both ways. One state gets one Finder thread. Either this closes or the other one does.

So... fight between the two threads: GO!

*eats popcorn*

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If the other thread gets closed because of Brawl...

I swear to god, you don't want me to finish this sentence.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
We can't have it both ways. One state gets one Finder thread. Either this closes or the other one does.

So... fight between the two threads: GO!

*eats popcorn*
Then can we rename it? To just brawl power rankings. That way the other thread
stays up and so do we. Even though there really not a finder thread <___>

noodles

Smash Champion
the other thread has 48,045 posts theres no way that one should get locked lol.

this thread has more purpose than pr though right?

we should make this our crew thread and throw in ct rankings

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
You could always run a Social group for Power Rankings discussion, if you wanted. Or just use the normal CT finder <_<

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Then can we rename it? To just brawl power rankings. That way the other thread
stays up and so do we. Even though there really not a finder thread <___>
No, you can't.

You can read about the rules we've created for Power Ranking threads at the top. If you are going to be the new Power Ranking thread for CT, it's possible that I may either need to close the CT Finder thread, or have the original CT Finder thread remove its Power Rankings. I'd rather have it all in one thread, though.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
No, you can't.

You can read about the rules we've created for Power Ranking threads at the top. If you are going to be the new Power Ranking thread for CT, it's possible that I may either need to close the CT Finder thread, or have the original CT Finder thread remove its Power Rankings. I'd rather have it all in one thread, though.
There, I changed the title.

It has become a simple social thread, with an alternate ego!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

we cool now?

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
No. >_>

If this were to be a real Power Ranking thread, then it might have had some purpose if the original CT thread were to remove their Power Rankings.

If this is just another social thread for CT players... well, that's what the CT Finder Thread is for, and there's no need for two.

Unless you can prove that CT is a big enough state where there can be different regions to justify having their own threads. NorCal/SoCal is an example.

If this is an actual crew thread, then it might be okay, but I need to see the rosters and such.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
No. >_>

If this were to be a real Power Ranking thread, then it might have had some purpose if the original CT thread were to remove their Power Rankings.

If this is just another social thread for CT players... well, that's what the CT Finder Thread is for, and there's no need for two.

Unless you can prove that CT is a big enough state where there can be different regions to justify having their own threads. NorCal/SoCal is an example.

If this is an actual crew thread, then it might be okay, but I need to see the rosters and such.
Good thing then that Me, noodles, Nana, Icy, and Vulcan formed a crew. xD

So what do I need to do to this thread to make it a "Crew thread"?

either way, we cannot discount the fact that we are forming a P.R
for brawl.

The P.R on the original CT finder is one, outdated, and two, for melee.

According to tourney results I am 4th in the Power rankings.

But that thread doesn't have a Brawl P.R. nor does that thread
care for a brawl power ranking.

So can we have a BRAWL power ranking thread since that thread
was made when melee is around, and did not adapt brawl to it's
system.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
If I found a venue for a bi weekly in farmington Icy, think youd be game
to maintain it??
yes, i'd be game. I might be leaning towards a tri-weekly though. But let me know what you come up with, i have nothing to do on weekends anyways.

And considering this can't be a P.R. We can TALK about PR for brawl in our CREW thread, but our PR will have to be on AIB if possible, i'll look into it.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Also, since this is now a crew thread, no Brawl power rankings done here.

KevinM: Teehee.
Closing this thread is unnecessary and not allowing us to set up PR's is unfair. We are all qualified players here and we actually care to discuss these things.

The thing is this thread was made for Brawl CT players. The only steady tournaments held in this state now are ESTICLE which has become all Melee and NFB which is all Brawl however the CT thread is just spammy and hasn't updated PR's and if it did would never consider doing them for Brawl. As a matter of fact they were talking about a tournament SPAWN is hosting to decide the new PR's and that's all Melee. So if there WILL NOT be any Brawl PR discussion or decisions made, then why can't we make this thread for Brawl PR's and our crew?

If not there will be no Brawl PR's in our state whatsoever which isn't fair because regardless that the state's top players and maybe even majority prefer Melee there are still a large amount of Brawl players that are interested in this and there's no reason for them not to exist. The state is split in its preferance.

So WoZ, how do we set this thread up to be our crew thread/CT Brawl power rankings?

For further proof posted today by Cort in the CT thread: We don't do Brawl PR's

I believe this was in response to something you said but when I saw it, it said lol nix this.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I don't understand why we can't do this, the other thread is ALL melee. There is NOTHING for CT brawl, the other thread is ONLY for melee....

IcyLight

Smash Lord
This is not something Warrior can decide, it's his job as a Moderator to enforce the rules set for the board. But he is capable of bringing this point up to his superior's and maybe get the rule changed? If not, maybe we should all ditch smashboards and go to AiB, where literally, it's all brawl. I'm sure they are up for the idea of getting more active posters

IcyLight

Smash Lord
You could always run a Social group for Power Rankings discussion, if you wanted. Or just use the normal CT finder <_<
sorry for double post, but social group is a possibility but then we still won't be able to post these rankings anywhere because it's not allowed to be discussed in our crew thread. So, this takes this possibility out.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
I agree.

The thread should stay posted up due to the fact that the original P.R thread is devoted to melee, it
hasn't been updated in forever, and it's purpose as a player finder isn't being fufilled.

Now this was one of the main reasons I made this thread, closing it would leave us with an inactive thread for us to expand upon, which is also devoted to melee
in the first place.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
I agree.

The thread should stay posted up due to the fact that the original P.R thread is devoted to melee, it
hasn't been updated in forever, and it's purpose as a player finder isn't being fufilled.

Now this was one of the main reasons I made this thread, closing it would leave us with an inactive thread for us to expand upon, which is also devoted to melee
in the first place.
yo i think that dude is just messin with you i dont see any reason to close your thread your actually trying to do something productive. have your crew thread and if you wanna talk about rankings that sounds straight so any moderators just being haters its gay sounds like somebody is just on a power trip or just tryin to get attention.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, not to be offensive but this all sort of comes off as him thinking Brawl sucks or something so it "doesn't matter". Either way, fair is fair and there really is no reason this can't be used for Brawl PR's. If this is really that big of an issue I will bring it up with an administrator because us not being able to do PR's for a game when the other thread is spam/Melee which is fine but is still no reason to stop us. However, I really see no reason why that hatos happen, I'm sure this can be worked out.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Ok cool. Now we can do PR's like we deserve. This is a crew thread now as well, you need to re-do the OP.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
no it's too soon, a lot of people who might want to try for PR's wouldn't be able to make it. Next Newb For Brawl is probably the best time to start.

When is it anyways? There has been no tourney listing yet and i thought we had it settled for sat. dec. 6th

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Sorry for the delay. I haven't been on the computer in ages.

Certain rules apply because of a huge conflict in the past, first enforcing us to shut down Power Rankings in general, then bringing it back but with rules and regulations that everyone must follow.

There's no need for a thread for Power Rankings other than to post your results and having a discussion afterwards. Discussion of creating Power Rankings can happen off the site and through AIM or other forums. Actually, this is the norm for most PR Discussion. It's supposed to be a private matter not shown to the public until after the Rankings themselves have been created. Public discussion usually doesn't occur until post-results anyway.

Make your Power Rankings, then ask _V_ nicely to post your results on the first thread along with your mission statement and the panelists who worked on it. If he doesn't do it, then I will. I let the CT Thread get away with most things, but that doesn't mean splitting up the state because of the differences in games.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Alright Woz thanks for clearing things up. We'll be sure to do that and change this to strictly a crew thread.

Ict-Yes it will be december 6th but we may need a new venue. I've had quite a bit of differences lately with one of the owners so I doubt I'll be welcomed there anymore. I'll be happy to find a new venue though and I will find out if I have within the next week.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Dec 6th is either a really good or a really bad idea. There is a Brawl tourney up at my school (SCSU) on the 5th.....and the next day would be Reapers.

I'm going to attend the Brawl tourney at my school. My friend Justin (Those of you who go back in the community, Z0r :) ) is running it so I think I'm going to help him. Z0r was top three in the state a few years ago, he mains the Ice Climbers. He introduced me to competitive Melee and has/had the best Climbers that I've played.

Top Bottom