• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mysterious Arsenal - Greninja Information & AT Thread

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I have trouble b reversing into people and i get punished. I keep making bad habits out of it :/
Try thinking of it as like his up-b. When you want to hydro pump horizontally right or left, you press up-b and then flick the stick that direction quickly. Same with b-reversal! You press b and flick the control stick in the other direction!

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
Try thinking of it as like his up-b. When you want to hydro pump horizontally right or left, you press up-b and then flick the stick that direction quickly. Same with b-reversal! You press b and flick the control stick in the other direction!
I have no trouble b reversing. I just do it at stupid times and ill b reverse straight into an f smash

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I have no trouble b reversing. I just do it at stupid times and ill b reverse straight into an f smash
Ohh, you're not sure when to use it? Alright, well I guess it should mostly be used as a mix-up/mindgame? Like, a character tries to pressure you, maybe you jump away, and they decide to take this moment to charge a move (Sheik needles, Lucario aura) but at that moment you can reverse your momentum and give em a face full of shuriken. Could also be used maybe when you two are playing ledge games, theyre trying to edge guard you, maybe try ledge trump you, you get out of there only to cover the ledge with a reverse shuriken?
But yeah, mainly used to play with your momentum and as a mix-up/mindgame. More advanced Greninjas probably have more uses but I hope I didnt spread false information? Good luck!

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
Ohh, you're not sure when to use it? Alright, well I guess it should mostly be used as a mix-up/mindgame? Like, a character tries to pressure you, maybe you jump away, and they decide to take this moment to charge a move (Sheik needles, Lucario aura) but at that moment you can reverse your momentum and give em a face full of shuriken. Could also be used maybe when you two are playing ledge games, theyre trying to edge guard you, maybe try ledge trump you, you get out of there only to cover the ledge with a reverse shuriken?
But yeah, mainly used to play with your momentum and as a mix-up/mindgame. More advanced Greninjas probably have more uses but I hope I didnt spread false information? Good luck!
Alright thanks, sometimes I just use it randomly so yeah that helps

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Alright thanks, sometimes I just use it randomly so yeah that helps
I liked the flashiness of it so I would do it unnecessarily at times too, but it can turn predictable and it's just faster to use your regular shuriken. Also less chance to mess it up! Glad I could help!

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Wavebouncing shuriken TOWARDS them isn't too helpful, but jumping backward and wavebouncing away proves to be excellent for spacing yourself more safely.

Inger

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kalificus
3DS FC
1349-5584-0682
Hello, I have a quick thing to spit out.

Greninja's Shadow sneak (SS) has a glitch which was discovered a while back; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU6KdLjIc3o

Im here to confirm that the glitch can be done on a double jump. For instance, there are some awkwardly spaced platforms (yoshi's island, delfino, poke stadium) which neither fit perfectly into full hop nor short hop. So, instead, you can jump then fall the distance you want then double jump to get to that sweet spot for the SS glitch.

Also, people are saying that sprinting SS was removed, but I performed it a couple of times recently by accident. Maybe Nintendo didnt actually patch out all of it? I've done it on the WiiU and 3DS post-patch.

Last edited:

Rugal Cuttah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-8390-5278

This thread contains Greninja's moveset (for reference) and other general information. In addition, Advanced Techniques are to be discussed in here.

All Moves are tested against Bowser on [3DS] Dream Land Final Destination.

1.0.4 PATCH CHANGES CAN BE FOUND HERE

Alternate Colors:

Greninja's Alternates
Blue- Greninja's original color.
Red- Red color.
Pink- Resembles Lickitung's color scheme.
Black- Loose interpretation of Greninja's shiny color.
Lavender- Lavender color.
Green- Green color.
Grey- Resembles Mewtwo's color scheme.
Dark Purple- Resembles Shadow Lugia's color scheme.

Taunts:

Up Taunt:
Greninja strikes a simple pose, similar to the one he does in a few of his moves.

Side Taunt:
Greninja waggles his tongue scarf around.

Down Taunt:
Greninja summons two small fountains of water. Does 2% damage.
General Statistics & Information:
Weight: 94
# of Jumps: 2
Ability to Crawl: Yes
Wall (Cling/Wall Jump/None): Greninja can cling to the wall.

Neutral Attack, Dash Attack, Ground Tilts, Getup & Edge Attacks:

1st Jab, followed by ender
Neutral Attack: Jab Combo
Damage: 2% (1st), 1.5% (2nd), 3% (basic ender), (1% per infinite jab)
Greninja does 2 quick jabs then does a multi-hit repeated jab. This is finished with a straight punching ender, or a rapid infinite, which ends with the straight punch ender.

Dash Attack: Slide
Damage: 7%
Greninja will slide down during his slide and sweep with a low kick.

Forward Tilt: Ninja Kick
Damage: 6.5%
A quick, basic kick.

Up Tilt: Tongue Swipe
Damage: 4.5%
Greninja will fling its tongue into the air and back.

Down Tilt: Low Kick
A basic low kick.

Getup Attack
Damage: 5%
A kick followed by a swift return to Greninja's neutral position.

Edge Attack
A swift kick that knocks the opponent back.
Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Water Sword
Damage: 14%-19%
Greninja uses a water sword to attack forward.

Up Smash: Water Arc
Damage: 19%-26% (sweetspot); 11%-15% (sourspot)
Greninja will swing two swords upwards in an outwards arc.

Down Smash: Dual Swords
Damage: 13%-18%
Greninja swings two water blades horizontally, in both directions.
Aerial Tilts:

Neutral Aerial: Water Vortex
Damage: 11% (center), 6% (if outside center)
Striking a pose, Greninja summons a vortex of water to damage his surroundings.

Forward Aerial: Aerial Water Sword
Damage: 14%
A slow yet powerful aerial attack using a water sword.

Back Aerial: Triple Back Kick
Damage: 3% (1st kick), 2% (2nd kick), 4.5% (final kick)
Greninja kicks backward, three times.

Up Aerial: Rising Drill Kick
Damage: 1.2% for each kick, 2.75% for the ender, and 9% if all hits connect.
A basic upwards drilling kick. It looks and behaves similar to Sheik's and Zero Suit Samus's up aerial.

Down Aerial: Dive Kick
Damage: 8%
Greninja dives down onto the ground, hitting any enemies below him. This move has divekick and bouncing properties.
Pummel & Throws:

Pummel: Basic Jab
Damage: 2%
Greninja hits the opponent with water.

Forward Throw: Forward Toss
A basic, forwards throw.

Back Throw: Swinging Throw
Damage: 8%
Greninja will swing the opponent around and throw them.

Up Throw: Upwards Toss
A basic upwards toss.

Down Throw: Slam
Damage: 6%
Throws the opponent onto the ground, causing a slight ground bounce.

Special Moves & Final Smash
Custom Specials: Set 1/Default

Neutral Special: Water Shuriken
Damage: .66% for each hit of the Shuriken, and 9.5% for the ender. Total is 12.5% if all hits connect
Properties: Chargeable, Cannot be Stored
Greninja's signature move (or, one of them) is his neutral special. A single shuriken is fired forward in Greninja's direction, parallel to the ground. Charging it will increase it's power and distance. The end has more knockback than the rest of the move.

Side Special: Shadow Sneak
Damage: 10% for Forward Attack, 12% for back kick
Properties: Chargeable, Cannot be Stored
Shadow Sneak is yet another chargeable move at Greninja's disposal. Greninja will teleport in the direction it is facing for a set distance (determined by Greninja's current shadow), then attack. This move is the same in the air, but the shadow will appear on the ground. Unlike many other moves that charge, you can move around while charging this. Charging it will increase the distance it travels.

Up Special: Hydro Pump
Damage: 2% for each water blast
Properties: Can be used Twice or Once, Causes Special Fall, Pushes Opponents
Greninja's primary recover is Hydro Pump. This allows Greninja to move in two different directions (like Pikachu's Quick Attack), or in one direction for an extended period. It's unique in that it not only deals damage, but pushes characters.

Down Special: Substitute
Damage: Horizontal counters do 11%. Vertical counters do 14%. Diagonal counters do 13%.
Properties: Counter
Greninja strikes a quick pose, and if he is attacked, a log or substitute will appear to take the hit. After the input, holding a directional button can change where Greninja will strike from (either from the right, left, or above.)
Custom Specials: Set 2

Neutral 2: Stagnant Shuriken
Damage: 3%-12%
Properties: Stationary, Chargeable, Cannot be Stored
Greninja's second Neutral is Stagnant Shuriken. This Shuriken has a small range to it, so it doesn't hit opponents directly next to you if it's not charged. You can charge this to allow it to do more damage.

Side 2: Shadow Strike
Damage: ???-17%
Properties: Chargeable, Cannot be Stored, Backslash
Intense Shadow Sneak is similar to Shadow Sneak, but it acts slightly differently. It gets much stronger when it is charged (and he will get much slower once the shadow is charged more), and has a backslash effect with knockback when you get behind the opponent with Greninja's shadow.

Up 2: High-Capacity Pump
Damage: 0%
Properties: Properties: Causes Special Fall, Pushes Opponents
Similar to Hydro Pump, Large Pump allows Greninja to move in two directions. However, both bursts will be used, and this does not damage opponents.

Down 2: Exploding Attack
Damage: 10%
Properties: Explosive
Greninja's second Down Special acts much differently to Substitute. When used, Greninja will disappear briefly and reappear with an explosive wave around itself. Unlike Substitute, this move does not function as a counter.
Custom Specials: Set 3

Neutral 3: Shifting Shuriken
Damage: 3%
Properties: Pseudo-Chargable
Greninja's third Neutral Special acts similarly to Water Shuriken. Holding down special will determine how fast and how long the shuriken travels, but the distance and knockback are set at moderate levels.

Side 3: Shadow Dash
Damage: 6% (+1% if you pass through the opponent)
Properties: Backslash
Greninja's third Side Special is somewhat different from it's first one. The distance that is used is a set function and it activates as soon as you press the button. Damage is reduced, but it has more knockback and a small backslash bonus for passing through the opponent.

Up 3: Single-Shot Pump
Properties: Pushes Opponents, Causes Special Fall
Greninja's third Up Special behaves much differently from Hydro Pump. As suggested by the name, it only fires one burst of water. However, it is much faster and covers more distance.

Down 3: Substitute Ambush
Damage: 15%
Properties: Counter
Unlike Greninja Explosion, Stored Substitute is a counter variant of Substitute. Once used, Greninja still strikes the same pose and summons a log or substitute in it's stead. Once a small amount of time passes, however, Greninja will reappear on the other side of the log and kick the opponent. Changing the direction you hold will change where Greninja reappears and attacks; the attack, however, has a bit of a guiding system and will aim for the direction the attack landed if possible.
Final Smash: Secret Ninja Attack

Greninja's Final Smash, taken from the Wii U Invitational.
Damage: ~52%
Greninja will capture the opponent in a mat (based off of Mat Block) and will launch the opponent into the sky and assault them with a barrage of slashes (which appear to be similar to Night Slash). This attack ends with a downwards strike that will launch the opponent back to the ground, and bears similarities to Galaxia Darkness and Great Aether, Meta Knight and Ike's Final Smashes, respectively. It's also similar to Strider Hiryu's "Ragnarock" and Spiderman's "Maximum Spider" from the Marvel VS Capcom series.

Advanced Techniques
Please read this post regarding ATs.
Shadow Sneak Delaying- Shadow Sneak can be delayed for what seems to be an indefinite amount of time; this is done by starting Shadow Sneak, jumping and tapping a L, R, the D-Pad, or A (at the apex of the jump) while holding B. For more info, check out the thread!

Running Shadow Sneak- While Shadow Sneak typically takes you out of run, it is possible to run while using Shadow Sneak by quickly dashing (and holding down B) after you input Shadow Sneak.
As of patch 1.0.5, running shadow sneak is longer possible.

Platform Shadow Sneak- Shadow Sneak, when released level to a platform, will release differently if it you end in the air. You are pulled to the left; facing right pulls you next to your starting direction, left pushes you back. For more info, check out the thread!

Out of Shield Shadow Sneak- It's possible to Shadow Sneak out of a shield, but not jump. Activate Shadow Sneak on the ground, and shield (while holding the circle/analog stick the same direction as you are moving) and then press B. Check out this post for details and a video!

Shadow Sneaking While Shielding- It's possible to activate Shadow Sneak while you are sliding after shielding post-running. Activate Shadow Sneak's input during this sliding animation, and while in shield you will be able to charge Shadow Sneak.
Check this post for details and a video!
Up Aerial Spiking- Greninja's up aerial attack has the ability to spike. Once a Uair connects, immediately fast fall; this should prevent the last two hits (which cause a small vertical launch) from connecting, and makes your opponent down to the ground, potentially bouncing at higher %s. If the bounce is unteched, it is a true combo.

SHFF Nair (Short Hop Fast Fall Neutral Aerial)- This technique uses a short hop, followed by a fast falling Nair. This is a helpful technique as you can get in a quick hit with it.

"Hydro Bubbling"- Using Hydro Pump on the ground results in a single pump shot. It's often an overlooked detail, but it does the same damage and knockback as a standard single pump.
Thanks this is very helpful. Greninja is so fun to use. You answers to questions people are a god send to fighting game communities. Just wanted you to know how helpful you info providers are.

Stringsbatman

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm new to the boards but I wanted to see if anyone has found this yet.
I was messing with greninja in training and accidentally stumbled upon this "glitch".
What happens is I used shadow sneak and jumped while holding b. I landed and still had the shadow except I didn't teleport. I was able to move around and jump as long as I held b, though I couldn't attack,grab,etc. Not sure if this could be useful or if it is just a glitch but I could essentially " hold " shadow sneak indefinitely. If needed I can take a video with my phone. Thanks for listening to me ramble :D

Inger

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kalificus
3DS FC
1349-5584-0682
Hey everyone, I'm new to the boards but I wanted to see if anyone has found this yet.
I was messing with greninja in training and accidentally stumbled upon this "glitch".
What happens is I used shadow sneak and jumped while holding b. I landed and still had the shadow except I didn't teleport. I was able to move around and jump as long as I held b, though I couldn't attack,grab,etc. Not sure if this could be useful or if it is just a glitch but I could essentially " hold " shadow sneak indefinitely. If needed I can take a video with my phone. Thanks for listening to me ramble :D
Thats intended. As long as you hold the sneak you can move, but the sneak isnt held forever. It triggers automatically if you hold it too long. If what you mean is that you can actually hold SS for longer than 20 seconds then thats a glitch

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Well if you start a shadow sneak, jump, and press shield or something at the apex of your jump as you start landing, you can hold it forever. All you can do is walk, crawl, and taunt though. But when ya let go of B then your shadow sneak activates. Its a cool tech, and nice find, but sorry its already been found!

Spirst

You don't even need to press shield at the apex of your jump. Shadow sneak, full jump, and then land before it activates. It'll get delayed still.

Stringsbatman

Smash Rookie
OK cool. I looked everywhere and didn't find it so I thought I'd post it. When I did it I just timed the jump with no shield and was able to hold it for well over a minute.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's triggered by a hard landing after the shadow's fully extended. For whatever reason this causes the timer to cancel and lets you hold Shadow Sneak indefinitely.

Note that it has to be a hard landing; the soft landing from something like short hopping doesn't work.

Makani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CLF.Makani
Not sure how many people know of this, if any, but early this morning I was watching aMSa's stream and saw him doing a strange version of a Perfect Pivot. So I went to the lab and tried to figure out how he did it and I think i've figured it out.

You start by dashing in the opposite direction you want to slide in, then turn around to dash in the direction you do want to slide in, afterwards before your initial dash ends you input your tilt/smash/special/whatever.

It seems to be based heavily on the same concept as Perfect Pivot in that your distance will be determined by how good your initial dash is. I also don't know if it works without the dash reversal, need to test.
If this is a known tech and i'm entirely wrong on how it's performed let me know.

NinjaBoy72

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2595-3192-3410
I'm looking to get better with greninja and I was just wondering how you perform his hydro pump sideways?
I can only start it with him going up and then side ways
Seems like you really need good reaction speed

I also use a n3ds xl

Last edited:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
I'm looking to get better with greninja and I was just wondering how you perform his hydro pump sideways?

I also use a n3ds xl
short hop then do it, easy as pie.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831

I also use a n3ds xl
Don't worry about short hopping (it can be done on the ground as wel), if your problem is that the first pump always going up, it means you are pressing left/right too late. Practice the timing in slo mo if that helps. Press Up B then immediately move to the side. If you do it too fast you will get a shadow sneak, so make sure you are actually hitting up rather than a diagonal.

After you get that down, then you can work on doing it from a short hop to retreat and come back to the same spot.

Not sure how many people know of this, if any, but early this morning I was watching aMSa's stream and saw him doing a strange version of a Perfect Pivot. So I went to the lab and tried to figure out how he did it and I think i've figured it out.

You start by dashing in the opposite direction you want to slide in, then turn around to dash in the direction you do want to slide in, afterwards before your initial dash ends you input your tilt/smash/special/whatever.

It seems to be based heavily on the same concept as Perfect Pivot in that your distance will be determined by how good your initial dash is. I also don't know if it works without the dash reversal, need to test.
If this is a known tech and i'm entirely wrong on how it's performed let me know.
What's it do though? Does it let you attack in the opposite direction that a normal perfect pivot would? Like this?

Last edited:

NinjaBoy72

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2595-3192-3410
Don't worry about short hopping (it can be done on the ground as wel), if your problem is that the first pump always going up, it means you are pressing left/right too late. Practice the timing in slo mo if that helps. Press Up B then immediately move to the side. If you do it too fast you will get a shadow sneak, so make sure you are actually hitting up rather than a diagonal.

After you get that down, then you can work on doing it from a short hop to retreat and come back to the same spot.

What's it do though? Does it let you attack in the opposite direction that a normal perfect pivot would? Like this?

Thankyou I never thought about doing it in slow mo!

Makani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CLF.Makani

Yes, and comparatively it lets you slide further than that when done right. I wish I had capture hardware to show it off, the best example I can give is aMSa's VOD where he performs it. http://www.twitch.tv/amsayoshi/b/633757908
He does it within the very first few minutes.

Last edited:

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
I have witnessed greninja do a pretty major wavedash when landing onto angled platforms at least twice, but I'm not really sure what was causing it. It doesn't look like his fast fall speed is causing him to slide a bit when landing on an angle, it looks like a legitimate wavedash lol. I have the replay saved, greninja jumps up from the floor of lylat cruise to the right platform while the stage was tilting, lands, and slides backward in his standing animation like the length of the whole platform. I'm pretty sure I have another video saved with the same thing happening on one of the angled platforms on delfino.

Does anyone have any info on this? Some kind of angled platform canceling? If its not something that all chars can take advantage of then it could be very useful for greninja. It could also be some really random glitch that you're not gonna be able to do intentionally. I wish I knew what was happening so i could try and do like a short hop or something out of it.

Edit: Is there a way to get replays from your wii u to your computer with like an SD card or something?

Last edited:

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
^^Just tried it out, and it is comparatively much easier than Perfect Pivoting. Getting it Max Distance is a pretty tight window, but the movement itself is not too bad. Gimme a second and I'll use my phone to record what I was doing.

Edit: all right, here's a gfy of me doing it 11 times in a row, with varying degrees of sliding success. I'm calling it the Imperfect Pivot just to be cheeky, there's probably a better name. The 11th and final one that I do in this clip is probably max distance, or at least close to it. I then tried using it in a couple matches on Anther's, and I've gotta say, it is quite useful for run-through mixups--kind of like how Falcon can runthrough-reverse Side-B, we can runthrough > imperfect pivot Utilt > Uair or whatever. Of course it also works wit Dtilt, but I think we will get the most mileage out of Utilt with this movement because that move is so hard to hit otherwise but still so useful.

Last edited:

Makani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CLF.Makani
How were you able to record with your phone while doing it? You must have an extra set of arms... Either way, thanks for recording it for visual examples. I've been using it with FTilt though, it has the best horizontal reach even if you can't really follow up from it.
Also, this only works with Tilt-Stick obviously. With Smash-Stick you won't even be able to do it at all, you'll just stop in place, so smashes can't be done like this. However, I do believe you can do jabs out of this movement, you just won't slide with it.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I think this is what you guys are talking about

I've been using this for a while with MK's dsmash, but it's honestly not THAT useful because your opponent will mostly need to stay still or follow you. With perfect pivoting you can actually approach, so it makes it more useful, IMO.

Makani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CLF.Makani
I think this is what you guys are talking about

I've been using this for a while with MK's dsmash, but it's honestly not THAT useful because your opponent will mostly need to stay still or follow you. With perfect pivoting you can actually approach, so it makes it more useful, IMO.
I think this is very different, but in the same vein. No edge needed, you can do it anywhere on stage and even approach with it. (With Greninja atleast)

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Yeah they mentioned you don't need the edge, and Greninja wasn't mentioned, but I believe it's the same tech.
It's still great to know that it works with Greninja's Utilt.

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
Is it true that F-air auto cancels if you do it right? I heard this from someone but it doesnt have much lag already. I can't tell if I'm just canceling it or something but yeah idk if its true.

If it is how do you get it to cancel every time

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Is it true that F-air auto cancels if you do it right? I heard this from someone but it doesnt have much lag already. I can't tell if I'm just canceling it or something but yeah idk if its true.

If it is how do you get it to cancel every time
Yeah it auto-cancels if you short hop it. If it's not working try fast-falling it.

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
sup, not sure if this useful and its kinda obvious but i'll explain, if you do a short hop and then move to the oppossite direction that your character is facing and hold that direction like 0.1 seg after landing, your character will slide.

ephOE

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zamiel1i
3DS FC
4356-0508-8373
Anyone else having lots of success with Jab 2 > F smash?

sup, not sure if this useful and its kinda obvious but i'll explain, if you do a short hop and then move to the oppossite direction that your character is facing and hold that direction like 0.1 seg after landing, your character will slide.
This is neat. It is basically an automatic pivot since you turn around immediately on landing. You can also Up Smash, D smash, use any tilt, or grab during the slide, without canceling the momentum. F smash and jab will both cancel the sliding, however.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Anyone else having lots of success with Jab 2 > F smash?
I usually just do jab 1 so the opponent has less time to react (jab 2 does have more hitstun though, I believe), but yeah, jab cancels are nifty even if they aren't guaranteed. Jab to dtilt/dash attack/dash grab is quite nice too.

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
I found some tricks not sure if you already know this.

SS ledge cancel: you can grab the ledge while charging SS, just do a shot hop to the ledge, you have to be facing the ledge and very close to it.

SS wall cling: it's worth mentioning that while charging SS you can wall cling, useful for a surprise attack.

floaty SS: if you fast fall and use SS you cancel the fast fall, not sure if is normal falling speed or less.

turn around pivot: refer to my old post.
- SS while sliding is faster than walking SS and kind of tricky because you have the standing animation.
- you can also do a sliding shield SS too, timing is a little strict though.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
As the thread title says, I've given this thread a major overhaul to prepare for 1.0.6. Some things to note:
  • Added onto the text for nearly every single move.
  • Reorganization and spoilers used to make navigation a bit easier.
  • Official Custom Moveset Project Sets category added with the two releases so far.
  • Damage percents match the frame data obtained by @ Lavani Lavani .
  • Frame Data added to thread after Patch Changes as a link.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Found some very minuscule tech. On Omega 75m (and only this stage, as far as I can tell), if your Greninja is ledge trumped, you can cancel the first frame of the ledge trump with a wall jump. Wall jumps can be canceled at any time, so you can try to punish the ledge trumper or just immediately double-jump to get on-stage safely.

If someone grabs the ledge while you're still forced to be on it (the minimum 20 frames), you can buffer the wall jump by pressing Away from the ledge in advance (up to 10 frames beforehand, like normal buffering).

This works for ZSS, Greninja, and (sometimes; not sure why) Captain Falcon. It's likely because they throw their legs forward when they're trumped, so they're the only characters close enough to do it.

EDIT: This appears to work on Duck Hunt (the stage, not-Omega), as well, and for a lot more characters, including Greninja.

Last edited:

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
How are you guys edge guarding with the ninja? I find it hard relying on bair in some match ups.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Updated:
-FTilt's section to reflect the update.
-Patch section added, covering 1.0.4, 1.0.6 and the new 1.0.8.

Top Bottom