• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my wolf vs. Azen's marth

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Azen's marth is amazing O_O

Your Wolf is... very nice as well.

Though, I have a question, why didn't Azen use his Lucario? If it's because he feels Marth is better for Wolf... because that's weird that Candy feels his Wolf is better for Marths xD

Edit: Looking over the videos again... seriously, nice Wolf, you're good. Though, I'm wondering why you do those Fairs when you're near the ground... yet get the full lag of them... but strangely you don't get punished all too much for them. That kind of amazed me.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Hey K-9, it's been a while since we've seen you around here :)

I saw a good deal of nairs, in general there are better options. Instead of nair out of shield, try retreating SH fair out of shield or something. I also saw lots of fthrow instead of dthrow, any particular reason? Dthrow does more damage, so it's usually the preferred option, just wondering. You used dair on the first stock, but I'm pretty sure bair is the aerial you want to use, try it out sometime. I've seen plenty of other wolfs use dair, so I'm curious about it myself, but from what I hear the fastest aerial is the best. Most of your blasters were aerial, which is good. In general when using a projectile it's best to keep moving and you did a good job with that for the most part. You had a few fairs thrown in that didn't autocancel, and it was generally at bad times where you didn't need to fair, try to avoid that. You might also want to try using the additional DI from your blaster for recovery, in the second vid it might've helped slightly, but certainly not necessary.

I'm mostly curious about the fthrow love though, care to share why you use it so often?

Kenrawr

Smash Master
A couple of the fairs were at times where I thought Azen might put down his shield...like in the second match when he was on a stock at like 130+. Otherwise I'm a little rusty since i just started back with smash and need to get back into the habit of 0-lag fairing. :p
I prefer the dthrow over the fthrow as well, but against Marth sometimes since he's floaty he tends to land back on his feet making it possible for a chain ^^; I got Azen with 2 consecutive fthrows in there somewhere.
I do the nair out of shield because sometimes I can use the second jump to get either a blaster or a fair to sometimes get a second hit to connect. But yes, I should start fairing more out of shield.

Oh and to ArcPoint, Marth was the flavor of the day for Azen :p He used him all tourney. lol
I like the marth/wolf match-up as candy does, too.
And I guess I just got lucky for Azen not punishing me for the lagged fairs. I **** my pants each time I did that xD

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I'm curious, how effective is it to airdodge to avoid aerial attacks? The only real form of punishment I see coming from that is a grab, and the occasional long lasting hitbox, but then again, if you're aiming to avoid something from the air... sounds pretty awesome....Less landing lag than majority of the other aerials.

That'll be something I'm going to experiment with, you and Azen are both doing it, must be an EC thing.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Good match k-9. I think Wolf does well against Marth too, but judging from the set it looks like Marth has an advantage if he doesn't give Wolf any breathing room. Azen was **** aggressive.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
2:10-2:13 on Battlefield looks familiar...Seems like a good tactic, I'd bet it would work against a lot of characters. Anyone agree?

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I'm curious, how effective is it to airdodge to avoid aerial attacks? The only real form of punishment I see coming from that is a grab, and the occasional long lasting hitbox, but then again, if you're aiming to avoid something from the air... sounds pretty awesome....Less landing lag than majority of the other aerials.

That'll be something I'm going to experiment with, you and Azen are both doing it, must be an EC thing.
It's like a rolling behind someone but much faster since there's no lag when you hit the ground. I usually use it to go behind someone than do an immediate dsmash, or a grab ^^ It's fairly safe most of the time.
And tbh I started to use it after I watched a GERM match a while ago xD so it's certainly not just an EC thing.

HMS-wtf are you doing in the wolf boards?? XD I think the Wolf/Marth match-up is pretty even. imo Marth's punishments hurt, though. ;-;

Rvkevin-It's a pretty textbook wolf combo :p

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Good **** man, alot ppl including some of the pro's said we needed to record that wolf vs wolf crew match we did, quite a few ppl said it was one of the best wold ditto's they had ever seen.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Good **** man, alot ppl including some of the pro's said we needed to record that wolf vs wolf crew match we did, quite a few ppl said it was one of the best wold ditto's they had ever seen.
"It's like DBZ!"
xD
Maybe at C3 we can get a TV and invite Candy for a sexy wolf 3-way.

But remember. No johns!

Kenrawr

Smash Master
lol. **** I didn't hear that one. Fricken Jose was trying to lullaby me and I could only hear him ><
Our wolf's are so different :| Mine needs to get a room with his Bair while yours is in love with Fair. Good ****.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
K-9, I wasn't really talking about the two hits with the Bairs. I was referring to the feinting of Bairs to form a WoW, which is definitely not textbook wolf maneuvers since half of this board disowned the wolf wall and your only the second wolf I have seen to employ such a tactic. I would think that it would more effective against marth by allowing you to control the match...

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Your Wolf ain't bad at all =P

But Azen, wow...

Tough opponent huh?

Overall, great matches. Enjoyed watching them.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I DON'T KNOW!!!
Kids don't try that at home :< use dthrow
I was thinking about using Marth's floatyness with the fthrow to do...something. And I was able to get him with an fthrow chase...which I realized I'd do with a dthrow in any other occasion anyway. I watched the matches again and I can't believe how many times I fthrew xD
Azen mindgamed me. That's has to be it.

Rythe

Smash Journeyman
That Marth was a beast. Nice Wall of Wolf! I should try working on that sometime soon.

I noticed Marth f-aired you out of some of those b-airs you had going...is WoW not too great against him or something?

Also, the landing lag on those f-airs you used got me thinking...what exactly are Wolf's best approaches when you're coming down on someone while facing forward? Reflector? N-air?

Royale

Smash Journeyman
You should be careful about your air dodging and shielding K-9. Thats where Azen got off alot of hits was that habit you have.

Top Bottom