• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Thoughts On Brawl

BigManFanelli

Smash Rookie
Hello all.

Now, before I'm dismissed as a n00b who knows nothing about SSB, I promise you I've been playing the game for quite a while, I just never took the time to join Smashboards. Now I am here, and I hope my contributions don't make me sound like an idiot :ohwell:

Now, on to business:

~~~

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL HYPOTHESIS

40-50 characters seems to be the consensus, I’m going with 45.
2-3 of them will be third-party (including Snake)
Sakurai said that not everyone will be returning
4 new characters and 1 character variation have been announced as of 8/22/06

MELEE CHARACTERS:
Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi
Ness, Captain Falcon, Link, Young Link, Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf, Samus, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game And Watch, Pikachu
Pichu, Jigglypuff, Fox, Falco, Donkey Kong
Kirby, Mewtwo, Marth, Roy, Doctor Mario

REPRESENTATION IN MELEE BY GAME:
Mario (5), The Legend of Zelda (4), Pokemon (4), Star Fox (2), Fire Emblem (2)
Yoshi (1), Donkey Kong (1), Metroid (1), Kirby (1), Ice Climbers (1),
F-Zero (1), Game and Watch (1), Earthbound/MOTHER (1)

ALREADY ANNOUCED CHARACTERS TO BRAWL (4):
Meta-Knight, Pit, Wario, Snake
Zero Suit Samus is not a “true character addition” according to smashbros.com,
I’ll explain how I think she’ll be accessed at the end.

UPDATED REPRESENTATION CHART::
Mario (5), The Legend of Zelda (4), Pokemon (4), Star Fox (2), Fire Emblem (2),
Metroid (1), Kirby (2), Yoshi (1), Donkey Kong (1), Ice Climbers (1),
F-Zero (1), Game and Watch (1), Earthbound/MOTHER (1), Kid Icarus (1),
Wario (1), Third-Party (1)

PREDICTIONS:
Note: These are only my opinions based on who I think fits best into the SSB world.
I understand that like everyone else, I have about as much say as to what happens with Brawl as the next guy: none.
I am not for or against any specific characters, I’ll be playing the game no matter who’s in it.
If you don’t see your character preferences, I’m sorry to disappoint you.

CHARACTERS FROM MELEE THAT WILL BE CUT:
Roy - Fire Emblem has many more characters that not only will fit in SSBB, but also are more popular that Roy.
Roy seems to have only made Melee to advertise FE6, so he is definitely expendable. (Fire Emblem at 1, total at 28)

Young Link - I don’t really see this as a cut, more of a replacement.
I can’t help but think that that stupid rumor will come (partly) true and WW Link will replace Young Link.
(Zelda at 3, total at 27)

Pichu - A Pikachu clone that damages itself. Need I say more? (Pokemon at 3, total at 26)

Ice Climbers - As cool as they were, there are other retro characters that deserve a shot in Brawl,
Pit being the first. (Ice Climbers at 0, total at 25)

Doctor Mario - This really sucks, especially since he’s my second best character in Melee,
but I just don’t see him moving on to Brawl, believe me, I’ve tried. (Mario at 4, total at 24)

UPDATED REPRESENTATION LIST:
Mario (4), The Legend of Zelda (3), Pokemon (3), Star Fox (2), Fire Emblem (1),
Metroid (1), Kirby (2), Yoshi (1), Donkey Kong (1), F-Zero (1), Game and Watch (1), Earthbound/MOTHER (1), Kid Icarus (1),
Wario (1), Third-Party (1)

ADDITIONS:
Diddy Kong - Easily the best pick from the Donkey Kong franchise,
Diddy is, in some minds, a lock. No argument here. (Donkey Kong at 2, total at 25)

Wind Waker Link - See Young Link’s cut. (Zelda at 4, total at 26)

Sigurd - The most popular FE lord in Japan, and one rumored to have been one of the final cuts for Melee.
(Fire Emblem at 2, total at 27)

Krystal - I was sketchy, but now I think she’ll get in to bolster female character presence,
and because she’s got that wicked staff, so a moveset shouldn’t be hard. (Star Fox at 3, total at 28)

Ike - The Sigurd of the USA, partly because his Fire Emblem game was the first American Fire Emblem
on a non-portable US console. His US popularity can’t be ignored. (Fire Emblem at 3, total at 29)

Captain Olimar - PIKMIN ATTACK!!! Of all the possibilities I’ve heard for Brawl, I think Olimar
is the easiest to transfer into SSB. Lots of Pikmin attacks. (Pikmin at 1, total at 30)

Jeff - There are many within the Earthbound/MOTHER universe that could join Ness
(Poo and Lucas come to mind) but as far as important characters in the universally-known Earthbound storyline go,
Jeff is the best bet to me. (Earthbound/MOTHER at 2, total at 31)

King DeDeDe - If Meta-Knight is in, why can’t the original Kirby villian get in too? I
personally like DeDeDe more than Meta-Knight, but that’s a different story. (Kirby at 3, total at 32)

Balloon Fighter - Another character rumored to have been one of the final Melee cuts,
this guy would represent the retro world quite well. (Balloon Fighter at 1, total at 33)

Little Mac - Again, a retro character that would be perfect for the SSB universe.
He’s a boxer, for cripes sake, he was created to fight. (Punch-Out at 1, total at 34)

Lip - Japanese representation in SSB is, well, Fire Emblem, so putting Lip in would give us American types
another taste of what’s not making it across the Pacific. (Panel de Pon at 1, total at 35)

Sonic - I’ve heard more debates on Sonic than anybody else (except maybe Geno), but in all honesty,
I think Sonic would definitely work in SSBB. Although it is true that Sega was not always
loyal to Nintendo like, say, Capcom, Sonic is a VERY popular character, so his inclusion into Brawl
would be a very popular move (Third-Party at 2, total at 36)

Samurai Goroh - F-Zero needs more representation, and Goroh was in the Melee introduction,
so who better from F-Zero than Goroh? (F-Zero at 2, total at 37)

Ridley - Easily the most recognized Metroid villain. Some people say that Ridley would be too big of a
character for Brawl, but Bowser was huge in Mario 64 and not so huge in Melee, so why can’t the
same happen to Ridley? (Metroid at 2, total at 38)

Toad - At first I was apprehensive about Toad, but now I think Toad would be a really cool and unique
addition to Brawl. His moveset would be awesome. (Mario at 5, total at 39)

Petey Piranha - A new bad guy in the Mario world, he could definitely make a statement in SSBB.
A moveset might be a little difficult, but hey, it’s Nintendo, so the possibilities
are endless. (Mario at 6, total at 40)

Wolf O’Donnell - The coolest Star Fox character IMO, he certainly deserves to be in SSBB.
Many debate whether Krystal or Wolf should be in, why not both? (Star Fox at 4, total at 41)

Deoxys - Later generations of Pokemon should be represented, and Deoxys is the perfect one for the job.
His Down-B move could be switching between his forms, changing his attributes. Evil enough to give
Mewtwo a run for his money. (Pokemon at 4, total at 42)

Pac-Man - My last third-party character, Pac-Man was in Mario Kart GP for the arcade, so getting his rights
for another game would not be hard for Nintendo. (Third-Party at 3, total at 43)

*Geno - If he’s first-party, then Geno would make an excellent addition to the SSB world, with his arm
cannons and such. A moveset would be relatively easy, his rights are the biggest issue. (Mario at 7, total at 44)

Each SSB game has had its last unlockable character be a WTF character (Ness in SSB, Game and Watch in SSBM).
I think this next one will be the perfect WTF addition:

Totakeke/K.K. Slider - Come on, who would see this coming? K.K. would be kick-*** in Brawl.
Each of his moves could come from his song selection, he’s equipped with a weapon (his guitar),
and his Super Smash could be a barrage of Animal Crossing animals. I personally would love to see him.
(Animal Crossing at 1, total at 45)

FINAL ROSTER:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, Petey Piranha, Geno,
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf (reworked), WW Link, Pikachu, Jigglypuff,
Mewtwo, Deoxys, Fox, Falco (reworked), Krystal, Wolf O’Donnell, Marth, Ike,
Sigurd, Samus/ZSS, Ridley, Kirby, Meta-Knight, King DeDeDe, Yoshi,
DK, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Game and Watch,
Ness, Jeff, Pit, Wario, Captain Olimar, Balloon Fighter,
Little Mac, Lip, Totakeke/K.K.Slider, Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man

FINAL REPRESENTATION LIST:
Mario (7), The Legend of Zelda (4), Pokemon (4), Star Fox (4), Fire Emblem (3),
Metroid (2), Kirby (3), Yoshi (1), Donkey Kong (2), F-Zero (2), Game and Watch (1),
Earthbound/MOTHER (2), Kid Icarus (1), Wario (1), Pikmin (1), Balloon Fight (1),
Punch-Out! (1), Panel de Pon (1), Animal Crossing (1), Third-Party (3)

Zero Suit Samus will work like this:
Select Samus, play as regular Samus until you use her Super Smash, which will be like the Brawl video:
a giant beam that breaks her armor off. Play as Zero Suit Samus for either the rest of the battle OR
until you use her Super Smash, which will somehow put the armor back on.
In short, the Super Smash is how you will switch between the two.

*If Geno is third-party, then he will not be in SSBB. In his place should be:
Kamek - An almost forgotten villain from a very good SNES game. Kamek deserves a little more credit for
terrorizing Yoshi and Baby Mario in SMW2, and SSBB is the perfect place to show it. (Yoshi at 2, total at 45)

ROSTER AND REPRESENTATION LIST IN THIS SCENARIO:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, Petey Piranha, Link,
Zelda, Ganondorf (reworked), WW Link, Pikachu, Jigglypuff,
Mewtwo, Deoxys, Fox, Falco (reworked), Krystal, Wolf O’Donnell,
Marth, Ike, Sigurd, Samus/ZSS, Ridley, Kirby, Meta-Knight, King DeDeDe,
Yoshi, Kamek, DK, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Game and Watch,
Ness, Jeff, Pit, Wario, Captain Olimar, Balloon Fighter, Little Mac, Lip,
Totakeke/K.K.Slider, Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man

Mario (6), The Legend of Zelda (4), Pokemon (4), Star Fox (4), Fire Emblem (3),
Metroid (2), Kirby (3), Yoshi (2), Donkey Kong (2), F-Zero (2), Game and Watch (1),
Earthbound/MOTHER (2), Kid Icarus (1), Wario (1), Pikmin (1), Balloon Fight (1),
Punch-Out! (1), Panel de Pon (1), Animal Crossing (1), Third-Party (3)

This is my opinion, so don’t flame me if I don’t agree with you, it’s just what I think. Feel free, however,
to critique and add your own opinions. That’s always good XD.

~~~

I've put a lot of thought into Brawl ever since I saw the trailer. The possibilities are ENDLESS. After much consideration and about 6 hours of searching through possible characters, I've come up with a "report" of what I think will happen with Brawl. Please click on the above URL, read it (though it is a bit lengthy), and let me know what you all think. I'm curious to see how my predictions go over with you guys.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm just skimming it, and I'm already finding plenty to disagree with. We usually don't leave topics like this up, as with 43,000 members, if each member had a topic like this, it would get completely out of hand. However, this is long and involved enough to actually entail a discussion, so here we go:
  • Ice Climbers cut? Not a chance. Sakurai loves the Ice Climbers, you even note that he liked the retro characters. He has commented on bringing back retro characters since before Melee came out, he not going to remove one (two?) of the most original character(s) in Melee's roster. It's not even a possibility, as far as I'm concerned.
  • I agree with your other cuts. Those are the three I've been saying all along.
  • Celda Link? Give me a break. Why? It's obvious that they're going in the Twilight Princess direction with their Zelda characters.
  • Petey Piranha does not deserve a spot in Brawl. There are PLENTY of better characters out there. Petey doesn't do anything that's cool or worth remembering that he does.
  • If Geno is third-party, then he won't be in Brawl? How in the world did you come to that conclusion? Snake's in the game. It's almost a given that Sonic will be in. And Geno is one of the TOP requested characters for the game. There is nothing stopping him from being in, except of course Sakurai's likes and dislikes.
  • I also completely disagree with the idea of separating franchises into a certain number of characters and representing each due to certain criteria. Just pick the best characters.
I like most of your other additions. I'd change up a couple, but I don't have time to go into all of that now. I'll leave room for some other people to speak.

I'm also editing your thoughts into your actual post, so we don't need to be linked to it.

Peeze

Smash Master
Yeah obviously you aren't a noob if you've spent that much time writing that(if you did write that). Anyways Lip??? And Ballon fighter Petey Pirahna, and Pac man will definetly not be in SSBB. (To me anyways)

POST 200!!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Petey Piranha definitely won't. The Balloon Fighter in particular has a very good chance. He was originally going to be in Melee, and Sakurai has said that he loves the game. I'd say BF is one of the most likely candidates.

Peeze

Smash Master
Really huh well if their going to put 45-50 like he predicted i guess they would have room for him. Although i've seen some movesets, pretty weak. although i want to see alot more characters i don't want them to flood smash with useless junky characters either. Deoxys?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yeah obviously you aren't a noob if you've spent that much time writing that(if you did write that). Anyways Lip??? And Ballon fighter Petey Pirahna, and Pac man will definetly not be in SSBB. (To me anyways)

POST 200!!
Balloon Fighter, I hear, was actually in the BETA Test version of Melee, but cut for the IC's. I can't tell if that's good or bad... Anyway, Balloon Fighter better make a comeback in Brawl.

Anyways, while Petey isn't a good character, if we know Nintendo, they'll put Petey in just about any multiplayer game they can (Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, Mario Kart: Double Dash), so Brawl is a likely choice. I'll use Petey as a sandbag for to test the new charactrers

Pacman is also likely, considering Nitnendo and Namco's relationship.

Lip is also a requested charcter

I think you forgot asomething: Sakurai is listening to the world fanbase now, and shown interest in games made for American audiences, like Punch-Out!! I know you mentioned Punch-Out!!'s own Little Mac, but your forgot that the same creators of Punch-Out!! made Star Tropics, an American and European only game. What better way to treat the western gamers with a Western only character Mike Jones (not the rapper)? Plus, to the Eastern Audience, he'll be like Marth and Roy were for us.

Just my two cents

tirkaro

Smash Champion
you forgot megaman and cloud strife ;)
but I also really cant see pac-man in brawl. I mean, it wouldn't impact brawl in popularity at all. the problem is that he fits in too well. and thats just BORING! one of the best things about smash is seeing a bunch of game characters that dont fit it, duking it out. and plus, people want KOS-MOS as a rep of namco more.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Therea are a couple of things in here that I have to disagree with.

* The Ice Climbers will most likely not be removed. I'll just refer back to what McFox said, since he said it best.

*You cannot replace Young Link with Celda Link because they are the same. They're both Link at a young age, just they look different. I agree that Young Link will most likely be in the new style, but he'll still be called Young Link.

* While I agree that Jeff would be an excellent addition, he isn't the only Mother character with good chances. Consider this: Sakurai says on the Japanese Melee site that he was originally going to replace Ness with the protagonist of Mother 3, Lucas. Satoru Iwata, creator of the Mother series, has confirmed that Mother 3 music is being produced for an upcoming game. While he didn't say which game, what other upcoming game needs music from other games? Also, both Lucas and Claus appeared multiple times on Sakurai's poll. So Lucas and Claus are both very really possibilities.

There may be more, but I don't have time to read everything right now.

LoneYoshi

Smash Cadet
Wow, must've taken a while to type all that...

I like all these characters, except for Petey, and probably Pac-man. Geno, i think will be in SSBB. Ice Climbers also look like they'll make it.

Other wise than those, great list!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
hemightbegiant said:
Anyways, while Petey isn't a good character, if we know Nintendo, they'll put Petey in just about any multiplayer game they can (Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, Mario Kart: Double Dash), so Brawl is a likely choice. I'll use Petey as a sandbag for to test the new charactrers
Wrong. Those are not multiplayer games. Those are MARIO multiplayer games. There's a huge distinction there. The normal filler characters for MARIO multiplayer games (Waluigi, Petey, Daisy, etc.) are NOT likely choices for Brawl.

tirkaro said:
you forgot megaman and cloud strife
blah blah blah pacman sucks blah blah blah
You can see Cloud Strife in the game but not Pac Man? And I've never even heard of KOS-MOS, and I guaruntee if you took a poll of everyone who's going to buy the game, more people would pick Pac Man. Pac Man is THE original video game character. You had the Pong paddle, you had the Tetris block, you had the Space Invaders ship (along with clones), but he was Pac MAN. He was an actual character. Pac Man would be an excellent addition to the game.

kaid

Smash Master
Looking through the Pokethread, the most commonly suggested character is Lucario.

Not nessisarally as the person's first choice, but as one of them. "Deoxys and Lucario", "Blaziken and Lucario" and even one or two "Dragonite and Lucario" supporters.

As a Lucario fan, I find this heartening, and so I must find fault in your list that you did not include Lucario.

He has his own movie... which, miracle of miracles, DOESN'T SUCK.
He's from the upcoming Diamond/Pearl games, repping the 4th generation of pokemon.
He has a number of moves that could easily be converted to Smash, including High Jump Kick, which was Hitmonlee's pokeball attack in Smash 64, which would be a recovery move.
And despite the fact that his movie hasn't hit the States yet, and that his games havn't hit ANYWHERE yet, he is already immencely popular.

Peeze

Smash Master
You can see Cloud Strife in the game but not Pac Man? And I've never even heard of KOS-MOS, and I guaruntee if you took a poll of everyone who's going to buy the game, more people would pick Pac Man. Pac Man is THE original video game character. You had the Pong paddle, you had the Tetris block, you had the Space Invaders ship (along with clones), but he was Pac MAN. He was an actual character. Pac Man would be an excellent addition to the game.
To do what, eat wite pellets? Thats all he's known for!! The only thing in Smash he'd be good for is eating the food. I can't even think of any other moves that wouldn't be too much like Jiggz or kirby.
P.S. I don't thinkanyone's heard of KOS-MOS.

BigManFanelli

Smash Rookie
Wow...I really thought I'd be flamed off the Internet for this...then again, this is a more sensible board...

I only said if Geno is third-party he won't be in Brawl because I already had come to the confirmed maximum of 3 third-party characters, Snake, Pac-Man, and Sonic. I would love to see Geno in either way, he was one the first characters I thought of when I watched that trailer, but for this purpose, I simply ran out of third-party space.

GenG

Smash Lord
Celda Link? Give me a break. Why? It's obvious that they're going in the Twilight Princess direction with their Zelda characters.
Cell Link is now the main character of the "minor" and portable Zeldas which keep adding new features and new ways to exploit Zelda games. While you will possibly see TP Link once (or twice, if you count Brawl), Cell Link will keep the pace with his games and his graphic style won't be finished nowhere soon. Phantom Hourglass is coming to DS this fall (apparently). And there are a lot of requests to put Cell Link in Brawl and see who is the "best" Link (I would pay to see that).

So you have:
- OOT Link: Zelda OOT, SSB64, SSBM.
- TP Link: Zelda TP, SSBB.
- Cell Link: Zelda WW, Zelda Four Sword + ALTTP, Four Sword Adventures, Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass.

Back on topic...

* No Ray and no Stafy? :( Actually Lip isn't that necessary.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Geno is popular is the community there fore people want him in too. But there is some problems with your list. Celda? Why him? It's just Link cell shaded there is nothing to him. Also you forgot Mach Rider, Little Mac and some others. We need more third party not just Sonic.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I agree in several areas, and disagree in some. I most liked the further representation of the F-Zero series, in particularly Goroh, good job.

Peeze

Smash Master
Geno is popular is the community there fore people want him in too. But there is some problems with your list. Celda? Why him? It's just Link cell shaded there is nothing to him. Also you forgot Mach Rider, Little Mac and some others. We need more third party not just Sonic.
He did put little Mac on the list, and GenG put up a good argument as to why Celda Link should be in it, he's been in more games. But WW Link should get it cause i think he's more well known.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
He did put little Mac on the list, and GenG put up a good argument as to why Celda Link should be in it, he's been in more games. But WW Link should get it cause i think he's more well known.
Oh..I didn't see him.:laugh: Celda has two games one for the GCN and one for the upcoming DS. Link and Y. Link have the rest of games here let me run some I know that been with Y. Link and Link.

Y. Link/Link games:
Legend of Zelda.
Legenda of Zelda II:Link's Adventure.
Legend of Zelda:Link to the Past.
Legend of Zelda:Link's Awakening.
Legend of Zelda:Orcale of Seasons.
Legend of Zelda OoA
Legend of Zelda:OoT/Master Quest.
Legend of Zelda:Majora's Mask.

WWLink:
Legend of Zelda:WW
Legend of Zelda:phantom Hourglass.
Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures and the one for the GBA.

Peeze

Smash Master
Yeah i got you. I liked Y.Link but for a change it would be good to see WW Link or C.Link you know. Cause Y.Link was too similar, (like Doc was to Mario) and WW Link and C.Link would, could should have a different moveset.

GenG

Smash Lord
Legend of Zelda.
Legenda of Zelda II:Link's Adventure.
Legend of Zelda:Link to the Past.
Legend of Zelda:Link's Awakening.
Legend of Zelda:Orcale of Seasons.
Legend of Zelda OoA
Young Ling never existed until Ocarina of Time. It was Link! LINK! And very different ones: Link from Zelda 1 and 2 are the same, Link from ALTTP and LA are the same, and so the Link from the Oracles (this is based in their art). But then, WW Link has a very different mood, a different setup, different moves, different graphic style, a very different personality... seriously, If his name were "Fink", "Juink" of "Frink", people would be suggesting him much more.

Peeze

Smash Master
Young Ling never existed until Ocarina of Time. It was Link! LINK! And very different ones: Link from Zelda 1 and 2 are the same, Link from ALTTP and LA are the same, and so the Link from the Oracles (this is based in their art). But then, WW Link has a very different mood, a different setup, different moves, different graphic style, a very different personality... seriously, If his name were "Fink", "Juink" of "Frink", people would be suggesting him much more.
Coudn't have said it any better myself...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I dont think pacman sucks. I just say cant be in brawl no matter how hard you try. I mean, it wouldn't be too exciting to see him. everyone screamed and was excited about snake appearing in the game, because not only is he a popular character and all of his games are great, it was because snake was the absolute last, and I mean LAST, person anyone would expect to be put in brawl. heck, I'm sure if snake wasn't the first 3rd party character announced for brawl and then someone made a snake thread, it would be locked immidiatley. hell, even I would have locked it if I were an admin/mod! I mean, if pacman got in the brawl trailer, it would have gotten a pretty casual response. a few "OOHs" and "AHHs." but the response for snake....woo boy, people screamed thier lungs out for him. its really about shock value, although pacman would work as an item or something.

my other reason is that all he is known for is eating pellets. all of his other games, where he had more moves, suck, except perhaps ms pacman, his only ability that people actualy care about is his bad eating habit.

finaly, yes I can see cloud strife and not pacman. no matter how much people may want to deny it, SSB gave up the whole cartoony thing a long time ago. why else did you think that the newcomers in melee were a lot more realistic, with the exception of G&W. and all of the cartoony characters were made a bit more realistic. why else did you think bowser looked a lot more menacing, peach looked more human, mario's overalls looked so realistic, and everting got a huge detail-lisious makover? it was to show the graphical capabilities of gamecube. and brawl has confirmed that the heavy amount of detail hasn't gone away.
.......or if it wasn't the whole cartoony vs realistic thing you were talking about then >.>............ cloud is also a better candidate, really because square and nintendo are buddies. y'know, they made the first mario RPG and all, and exactly who is the mascot for square? why cloud strife of course. he is perhaps the most recognisable rpg character in the history of rpg characters. and people love him. if he got in the game, SSBB would automaticaly be an instant sellout. he would be a better choice than pacman, a moogle, and even, and as much as I'm gonna be killed for this, even GENO!
and plus, before anyone starts with that whole "Z0mG, cloud NeVAR AppeAred on a NINTENDO CONSOLE SO STFU U ST00PID NUB!" then cosider this: cloud appeared in KH:CoM. thats enogh of a loophole. NOWHERE in the book does it say they had to have a starring role. and, knowing square, they WILL use this as a loophole. and even if you think he has nothing to do with nintendo, square/nintendo has every right to put him in. They would just have to ask Square and share profit with them. It would actually be a smart move on Nintendos part. All the crazed fan-boys would by this game. They would also buy the Wii just to play this game. Thus, racking in much more money for Nintendo and some for Square.
(credit to smashing good time for those last lines)
oh well, thats really my opinion. think what you want.
(oh and also if square contributes, they WILL sell geno in the process. I just know, I can sense it.)

Eaode

Smash Champion
Replace Deoxys with Lucario, and You need King K. Rool before Diddy Kong. I mean a giant crazy aligator would be more original than a smaller faster primate. Not saying Diddy shouldn't be in, just that King K. Rool has more priority than Diddy imo. He's a giant alligator, and a DK Villain. Celda link is a very dumb choice. Although you COULD give him different moves, those moves could have been used for link in the first place. Just because Mario doesn't use the frog or racoon suits in SSB doesn't warrant another version of mario.

Take out Pacman and put in Geno. And Maybe, just MAYBE, replace sonic with megaman.

BigManFanelli

Smash Rookie
Yes...sadly, Megaman was left out. Not because I wanted to, but because I considered which third-parties are closest to Nintendo right now, not in the past, right now. Although Capcom did release RE4 originally on the Cube, Capcom is NOT as close with Nintendo as both Sega and Namco are at this moment. Namco helped produce Mario Kart GP and provided 3 or 4 (can't remember exactly, haven't played since March) characters for the game. Sega is part of the Virtual Console. If Capcom makes a move in the new few weeks, I will re-think my position, but for now, from a business point of view, Pac-Man over Megaman.

Also, I had thought of Lucario over Deoxys, but Deoxys' form-changing capabilities make him more suitable for Brawl IMO.

And let me be clear about WW Link: He will pretty much be a costume change for Young Link. Virtually same moveset, maybe throw in a couple of WW items, but mostly the same.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Yes...sadly, Megaman was left out. Not because I wanted to, but because I considered which third-parties are closest to Nintendo right now, not in the past, right now. Although Capcom did release RE4 originally on the Cube, Capcom is NOT as close with Nintendo as both Sega and Namco are at this moment. Namco helped produce Mario Kart GP and provided 3 or 4 (can't remember exactly, haven't played since March) characters for the game. Sega is part of the Virtual Console. If Capcom makes a move in the new few weeks, I will re-think my position, but for now, from a business point of view, Pac-Man over Megaman.
....then just add megaman. it's prettty much likely that sakurai will add more than just 2 3rd party characters.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Very thought out list you have here,. but just a few things. First, I'd say Megaman and Bomberman are more likely to take a third party slot than Pacman. And Lip, she was replaced twice, first by Yoshi, and then again by her daughter, Stafy, Demiru and Takamaru are better to fill up japanese only slots, and Petey over Bowser JR. And I didn't see Isaac or Sami or Nook, all three representatives of three very popular series.

kaid

Smash Master
Also, I had thought of Lucario over Deoxys, but Deoxys' form-changing capabilities make him more suitable for Brawl IMO.
So are you one of the people who wants 4 different Zelda/Shiek transformations, or simply attack animations that give the nod to his different forms? (I favor the second)

Also, it is quite likly Pokemon could see 5 characters. With pichu gone, most character lists so far have gone with Pikachu, Jiggs, M2, (that persons choice of Deoxys or Blaziken), and Lucario. (I have seen very few lists that have both Deoxys and Blaziken.)

Top Bottom