• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Thoughts On Brawl

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Could you maybe put a section for Western-Only games in? Who knows, Sakurai will probalby do it, so might as well include the choices ;)

AS FOR POKEMON: Meowth and Grimer

kaid

Smash Master
The top 6 pokemon suggested in this thread: (I've tried to keep duplicate votes to a minimum)

Lucario: 43 votes
Blaziken: 30 votes
Deoxys: 27 votes
Meowth: 17 votes
Heracross: 10 votes (most popular 2nd gen rep!)
Dragonite: 9 votes
I do believe the top three are abundantly clear? (Grimer only got 3-4 votes)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I do believe the top three are abundantly clear? (Grimer only got 3-4 votes)
Poor grimer :088:

Anyways, I'm suprised Heracross got so many votes. I wouldn't have guessed he'd even make the list! Just goes to show you, you can always learn something new.

Retro FTW!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
hhm. blaziken seems very unlikely. I mean, I love blaziken and all, but he is a starter pokemon, and if he's in all the other pokemaniacs will be all "OH k'mon! why couldn't they put in swamper T_T!!!!!!!!!" or "WTF! THEY DIDN'T PUT IN skeptile >: (!!!1" deoxys is all the 3rd gen representation we need.

kaid

Smash Master
SSBrotha: Then would you care to explain the votes I got in the "which pokemon should be in brawl" thread? (Listed above)

And Sceptile only got 4 votes, and Swampert, 1-2. Compared to 30, there seems to be a difference.

JPW

Smash Ace
I 'll give you credit for taking the time. I know how it feels to write a long post some time, and not get any recognition of it. I scanned it all.

I can imagine Petey being a character in a way, probably just a 1 dimensional plant, screw the pipe he has. But i'm gonna say Waluigi has a better chance then Petey.

I want IC to be cut. Bring on Pit and Ballon Fighter for Retro. Sorry, these were the only other NES series I had knew besides ther most obvious Mario games. Megaman, Pinball games and fun loving. Yeas I was the kind of guy that played games like Tetris, Crackout, Digger T. Rock, Trog, High Speed, Pinbot and such. I didn't get into Zelda till the 64 generation(that being said afterwards I did a trip into the past.), and I didn't get into Metroid till the GCN generation. To the point, Ice Climbers weren't really that bad, I just felt they didn't fit. I would mind IC sticking around. But they always looked like one of the obvious cuts.

Sonic, I had a Sega Mega Drive 2, and I had a friend who used to have Master System, So I was tainted by Sonic, Alex Kidd, and Mortal Kombat. So anyone saying Sonic i am totally for, I know that Sega and Nintendo haven't always seen eye to eye. But due to Wildfire(next ame), and them giving games like Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure, Sonic GBA, Sonic DS. I'd say it be a bad move to have Snake as a 3rd party and not Sonic. Sonic is one of the many favourites, and I believe could push the game further then heights, maybe going DOUBLE PLATINUM! if there is such a thing. Oh trust me there will be after Brawl.

Young Link will be replaced, by Celda, but even in Wind Waker, he isn't called Celda, he is called Link. So he will still be called young link, I think you knew that. And it's not Celda it's Zelda and that is the name of the princess, not of the hero. What I was actually hoping for in the next instalment, Link could transform into his younger self, much like Zelda did with Sheik.

Pokemon characters, Only the real major ones, should join, I want the rest in Pokeballs. I'm not a Pokemon fan, but funnily enough Pokeballs are my favourite items.

You have brought up some great points, great arguments, but it would take a lifetime to reply for everything word for word, but I got to work tonight.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Someone said that little mac and Mike Jones should be included. Definently Little Mac, but I can't see Mike Jones. I'm thinking Mr. Sandman, because he's awesome, a villain to Little Mac, and he would be the only black character in the game (Unless you count Gerudo as black).

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
As far as cuts go, I'd say no non-clone characters are going, especially Ice Climbers. Young Link has a better chance of being kept than Pichu or Roy, but we will definently not see "Celda".

JPW

Smash Ace
whoa did I really say IC should be cut..... take that back.

other then that scratch Walugi and my comments about Petey Piranha too. No Way! now.

It's amazing what can change in 6 months.

Top Bottom