• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Response RE: THE NEXT LEVEL, thread

lewisbn11

Smash Rookie
I took some time out on the forum and played some smashes.

What I have come to realise along with my England freinds is that there is a major problem with power on this site. If a certain few users can't handle a thread any more they request the post to be closed. Just think about this. I already have. And like smash brothers I am one step ahead from the "Emulators" (you are not smash brothers that has to be made clear now)

You will argue that the post is becoming boring, full of **** and basicly a waste of everyones time. If you look there were 9 pages to that thread and you were interested in what was being said. Just like Bush though the thought of something different and "change" was far to scary and som1 has to step in and end it.

Many thing I read on that post so much stuff I can't quite remember them all. I do remember somone trying to requote WORTHINGGREENLINK and his first comment was

1)"YOU SUCK"

followed by an attempt to be funny with something like this

4) see 1

This sort of behavior would only end up in playground beatings in England maybe its more accepted as Mature where you are.

Also I have noticed the influence that Bill Gates has amongst the americans with the way in which some messages are replied too. Its a perfect systymatical Microsoft attitude listing down all the errors with "attempts" to rectify them.

Somebody was also giving it the biggen when asked if they have a N64 console and replies "yes I have 2". Only a selfish bastar would have 2 consoles. Maybe they were pre ordered from the comfort of the eating chair just to make sure you got one. Seriously I know exactly what I and my fellow countrymen would do with a spare 60. give it to sombody pass on smash brothers.

This forum has its good points and already Ive met some cool people from here But the downside to this forum is that many of you can't accept that there are more people out there with lack of internet access pushing this sport forward, then there are sitting at a laptop screen.

God only knows what your all going to do when you find the secret ***'s Smash Forum.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Ur saying u cant play smash on the internet (2nd to last paragraph) But then u call emulators stupid? And i really REALLY wish u would be banned already. And wheres those videos i'v asked for? Hmm?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
i wanna suck your eyes out and uses them in my ears to muffle the screams you make whilst i headbut you into a fine paste

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
You won't get anywhere with political or cultural stabs, or pointing out the ones we make out you. If you have something to say that we can take seriously, feel free to post it. But when you barge in here with a patronizing attitude, expect to get a patronizing attitude back.

Furthermore, you honestly have nothing else to say to us. Get online and play people. I'm sure you'll find yourself beaten quite easily using OUR rules or YOUR OWN. In any case, denouncing emulators as "not the way it was intended to be played" is kind of hypocritical-- your rules are 10 stock 200%.

I'd also like to keep this thread civil if the "Link Brits" continue posting, so anyone posting after me please not flame.

Lewis, to you and your posse, here is a link to download, for free and without hassle, a project64k emulator: http://pj64k.emulation64.com/

Because we aren't permitted to reveal links that have Rom downloads, the only way to get a Rom is to http://www.google.com/ Google Search "super smash bros rom", or go onto the DaRoms or DohGames websites, which can also be searched for.

Once you have both downloaded, open the emulator (use the version that has a K at the end, btw), and scroll down from File to "Choose Rom Directory." Find where you put the downloaded Rom, open it, and voila.

To play online, assuming you've already set the "directory" for your rom, you only need to scroll down from File to "netplay" and then search for the Emularena Grounds (there are two existing now, one is obselete and the other very active. Get the right one).

Good luck.

--Box

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
You guys had your chance to show us your points about your "next level" thing. but sadly you didnt and just went off-topic talking about culture, war, the british and the americans, etc, etc...

now you try to revive it using this?

I took some time out on the forum and played some smashes.

What I have come to realise along with my England freinds is that there is a major problem with power on this site. If a certain few users can't handle a thread any more they request the post to be closed. Just think about this. I already have. And like smash brothers I am one step ahead from the "Emulators" (you are not smash brothers that has to be made clear now)

You will argue that the post is becoming boring, full of **** and basicly a waste of everyones time. If you look there were 9 pages to that thread and you were interested in what was being said. Just like Bush though the thought of something different and "change" was far to scary and som1 has to step in and end it.

Many thing I read on that post so much stuff I can't quite remember them all. I do remember somone trying to requote WORTHINGGREENLINK and his first comment was

1)"YOU SUCK"

followed by an attempt to be funny with something like this

4) see 1

This sort of behavior would only end up in playground beatings in England maybe its more accepted as Mature where you are.

Also I have noticed the influence that Bill Gates has amongst the americans with the way in which some messages are replied too. Its a perfect systymatical Microsoft attitude listing down all the errors with "attempts" to rectify them.

Somebody was also giving it the biggen when asked if they have a N64 console and replies "yes I have 2". Only a selfish bastar would have 2 consoles. Maybe they were pre ordered from the comfort of the eating chair just to make sure you got one. Seriously I know exactly what I and my fellow countrymen would do with a spare 60. give it to sombody pass on smash brothers.

This forum has its good points and already Ive met some cool people from here But the downside to this forum is that many of you can't accept that there are more people out there with lack of internet access pushing this sport forward, then there are sitting at a laptop screen.

God only knows what your all going to do when you find the secret ***'s Smash Forum.
again, talking alot and yet saiyng nothing... did you post that to defend your friend's idea or to give it the final blow?

All right, i'm agree that playing on the emulator can't be compared with playing on the real console... But how you're "a step ahead" playing 200% damage 10 stock?

Just like Box of Fox said: You won't get anywhere with political or cultural stabs, or pointing out the ones we make out you. If you have something to say that we can take seriously, feel free to post it. But when you barge in here with a patronizing attitude, expect to get a patronizing attitude back.

about having 2 consoles, i have to say: WTF?

I have the right and if i can afford it, to buy as many consoles as i want. just tell me wtf is wrong with having more than 1 console?

So if i think different from you and say that playing 200% damage 10 Stock is for noobs, is because Bill Gates is doing Hypnosis on me through Windows to manipulate my mind? you got the same awsome logic asyour friends man...

I'm pretty sure that if you had introduced your idea like a way to play smash for fun thoughts would be a bit more positive... Rather than comming here to tell us that playing 200% damage 10 Stock is REAL COMPETITIVE smash, please...

*lewisbn11 mode ON*
Is just like a communist trying to switch a capitalist country just by saying "bleh Capitalism sucks, you guys should switch to the communism but you're too afraid to change. Communism is the real deal dude!"
*lewisbn11 mode OFF*

you have the right to have your own thoughts about how to play smash, but you have no right to come here and tell everyone to change thier way to think, "JUST BECAUSE APPARENTLY YOU'RE A STEP AHEAD"

All people thoughts are different and thier oppinions should be respected, so if you want to play 200% damage 10 Stock you're free to do it and none of us should judge you for what you like.

I'll just wish you luck when you attend a tourney where "our" standards are set...

kuenzel

Smash Ace
This the second time you guys have posted this sh*t on the forums. what are you trying to prove? that brits are better than everyone else at smash bros? That North American culture is slowing us down in every aspect or our lives? Including Smash? the first thread I could put up with, because 10 stock 200% game me insight (however miniscule) to a different style of play. No screw ups, as you said. but now youve seen other people play differently overseas, quite alot of people in fact, and YOU CANT HANDLE IT. You try to convert everyone with a single thread claiming youve made to to te "next level", than when you get some negative feedback, you decide to just say in this thread that online play is bad and that you're just all out better. Jolly good show lads, Jolly good.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Again, stop referring to your group of three friends / relatives as the whole of England. I know a LOT more English smashers than you do, GUARANTEED, and all of them know that this is a bad idea.

How do you know you're better than us if you haven't played us?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Warning: You have reached your current maximum level of bullsh*t. Please log off, empty your bullsh*t container and try again.*

*Note: Trying again may result in eyeball gauging and headbutting (m3tr01d)

That "bill gates" enough for you?

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
all this talk is making my index finger weary.... far too much scrolling.... all i have to say is we arrived with a suggestion.... tried to represent it with comedy arrogance.... it got taken the wrong way.... turned into the most pathetic thing in the world (internet arguments) and now here we are.... go team

_kSo_

Smash Master
all this talk is making my index finger weary.... far too much scrolling.... all i have to say is we arrived with a suggestion.... tried to represent it with comedy arrogance.... it got taken the wrong way.... turned into the most pathetic thing in the world (internet arguments) and now here we are.... go team
i may have to agree with you on this one. But YOU are the ones who continue to fight. YOU are the ones who made another thread when the previous one was closed. Arrogance? maybe not. Stubborness? i think so

_kSo_

Smash Master
comedy arrogance , yes but PEEK A CHOO started bull****ting about Amirica and political nonsense after
Oh yea i wanted to meantion something of that as well.

Bashing on America and our government whilst discussing smash64 is as useful as using chopsticks to eat tomato soup

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I agree with KSO wtf has Bill Gates, AID's and a Tony Blair-Hulk Hogan love child or whatever you were talking about got to do with a 10 year old game that about maybe 200-300 max people (don't quote me on that,) in the world still play regulary for a bit of fun. As everyone else has said get online but if for some reason your saying you can't then PM me with ur msn or email and i'll be in touch over the summer as at some point maybe towards late august I will most likely holding some kinda small UK tourny at my house (nr. Luton,)and you and your friends are more than welcome to come along. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything in this post, I'm actually really glad that more and more UK smashers are popping up, 5 months ago there was about 3 or 4 max of us that were active, (in the nr. london area anyways,) now recently more have been appearing which is awesome. If your up for it let me know. If you guys are as good as you say you are then I don't see why you would have an issue with coming along and proving it.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Kso you are tiptoeing the line of remaining... civil, and I asked that all posts following mine remain that way, no? :)

And yes, as Umbrasquall asked, are you ever going to play online?

Edit: Dave you kind of need to use punctuation, reading your last paragraph is kind of like talking to someone who had a little too much coffee.

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
the online situation for me is a problem as recently my laptop (with might i add project 64 on) gave up on life and as im a poor student at the moment i cant afford to buy a new one and am currently abusing my housemates computers for the interweb..... i dunno about my fellow smash bros as to wether or not they are going to get involved in the online world but as soon as i sort my finances out ill be up and running.... oh yeah to the tournament request i know ill be more than up for that and im sure me pals will be as well.... its about time we represented!

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Warning: You have reached your current maximum level of bullsh*t. Please log off, empty your bullsh*t container and try again.*

*Note: Trying again may result in eyeball gauging and headbutting (m3tr01d)
Now, Kso, if you had a choice, would you say this comment is more favoring "polite" or " aggressively intimidating"? :chuckle:

And GREENLINK, we hope you get your finances sorted out soon. I wouldn't be surprised if people on this forum would send you money to hasten your arrival :cool:

--Box

Thino

Smash Master
the online situation for me is a problem as recently my laptop (with might i add project 64 on) gave up on life and as im a poor student at the moment i cant afford to buy a new one and am currently abusing my housemates computers for the interweb..... i dunno about my fellow smash bros as to wether or not they are going to get involved in the online world but as soon as i sort my finances out ill be up and running.... oh yeah to the tournament request i know ill be more than up for that and im sure me pals will be as well.... its about time we represented!
great !

greenblob

Smash Lord
Here's an important lesson in life: you can boast all you want, but it counts for nothing unless you show some proof.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Here's an important lesson in life: you can boast all you want, but it counts for nothing unless you show some proof.
Yeah because it's more probably that someone believes you if you said that you were abducted by an UFO, saw a ghost, found the fountain of eternal youth, bought a taco or have supernatural powers, than saying that you're good at smash without any proof xP.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Lawl you can't afford stuff :laugh: In america we can afford anything.

felix45

Smash Lord
daaaang that was good metroid XD!

I was laughing my *** off to say the least :p

and lol @ green link's hypocrisy. you say internet arguments are pathetic, and yet here you are yet again trying to start **** and yet again getting shot down. do you not know when to quit?

Top Bottom