• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My new Ike combo video

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It sucks. Here is a more detailed response.

Oh and Penta, go suck a lemon. That clip in your signature is scrubby, you are scrubby, you are more scrubby than a sponge being used to scrub off a **** stain on the bathroom floor. GTFO.

So I can choose to rant or just make bullets on what's good and what's bad. I'll go with the latter.

Pros:

Music: Above average. It grows on you as the montage progresses which is something you rarely see. It can be a good thing since it'll keep the audience attracted.

Special Effects: There were some cool moments in which you used them, like when you did the "Leave Britney Alone" thing. That made me laugh and it was really cool.

Footage:
It's not all amazing, but there were a lot of cool parts like the sequence at 4:10.

Cons:

Music:
The first thing I noticed was the cut off from that scene from SSE to the title. It was a bad fade/cut and it didn't sound too good. Also, while I stated earlier that I liked the music, it's a hit or miss with other people. Most people see Ike as a power house, so techno music is not up his alley.

Special Effects: Too many slow motion parts and useless transitions. Sometimes the best transition is no transition at all. Simply put, a cut to the next scene is better. Title sequences and other areas could use some work.

Originality:
My biggest complaint, and my main reason for saying this video sucks. A lot of moments in this video reminded me of other Ike videos. The beginning of SSE as your intro? Seriously? Rykoshet's "That's just bad DI" video anyone? Or even worse, how about 5:40? Griever's Power hungry video? Finally, the use of gameplay audio with the music. I won't gripe on that too much though since I can see anyone doing that since it's not that original to begin with. These moments were so obvious that it made me sick to my stomach. I'm not gonna gripe on the use of the "Leave Britney Alone" because it was more of a remix of the dialogue rather than just the dialogue itself.

Footage: Ok seriously? You had like...3 people using different characters in that video? Couldn't you have gotten a few more? I don't want to see the same old people get their *** whooped. It makes me think that those guys suck (I'm sure they don't, but still). Also, a lot of same old, same old moments I've seen before in the past. Not to say you had some cool things going on, but there have been a lot of things that have been done before. I'm not blaming you on this, just the fact there are like a 100 Ike montages out and it's hard to be original. So I ain't subtracting that much from your overall score. Furthermore, there were some dumb montage clips used. In the beginning against that Pit...the eruption maneuver....that was pretty weak. Also, some of the F-Smashes landed were kinda lame as well. Again, it's just something that's been seen over and over again.

If I remember anything else on the Pro or Con side, I'll edit it...for now I give it...

5/10

To summarize...

-Plus for the Leave Britney Alone gig
-Huge minus for copying a few things from other Ike vids.
-Clips were a bit on the negative side.
-Special Effects not used properly.
-Music is neutral.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
It sucks. A more detailed response will come later.
are you joking are do you just like being rude on purpose?

anyway the vid was fine,the slow motion should only be used for 15-20 secs :p
it went a little too much there lol

nice clips,liked your music choices

the intro was kewl

metroid1117

Smash Master
It was entertaining at some points (lol, DAir spike -> UAir kill on Norfair?), but at other points I was questioning the competency of your opponents (but then again, Wi-Fi makes everyone look worse). I personally liked the music.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
thanks the only reason there were so much of the same person is because I forgot I did music hacks and they don't work so what I have to do is send them to my brothers wii to use them for part 2. and for the pros and cons I actually didn't think I was copying so I'm sorry but part two will be a hell of a lot better don't worry but thanks for the comments but what I'm gunna do is get another video editing program and I want to do a more diverse Ike combo video with a lot more **** to it so lets see how things turn out.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
are you joking are do you just like being rude on purpose?

anyway the vid was fine,the slow motion should only be used for 15-20 secs :p
it went a little too much there lol

nice clips,liked your music choices

the intro was kewl
I was finishing it up last night and I just was so out of it so...yea everything seemed like it was in slow motion for me lol

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I mostly agree with Bored about everything on the video except the Originality issue. I understand it's pretty hard trying to be original with the clips considering that a lot of people have made more Ike montages than any other character, though I could be wrong. That definitely however doesn't necessarily limit your ability to have a bit more "flashy" clips. Some of the slow-motion stuff was definitely overdone. The music was overall, pretty good, but you definitely need to work on a bit on your editing skills lol. @Bored, I don't recall seeing 4:10 in Griever's video.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
****... you guys are heartless.
Ike:
You'll get no Sympathy from me

I'll get back to the video now :psycho:

Edit:
Alright, with jokes aside, it's not bad but at the same time, it's nothing amazing to look at.

I understand that in most compilations the opponents look bad so we end up giving them the benefit of the doubt. But after seeing half of their reactions, I can't find it in me to give them that benefit. A majority of the time, most of your opponents just throw themselves into the ****.

F-smash, we know it kills, and your video most of your opponet just walked into it. It was like watching something made by RoK the Reaper. Yeah we get you can space a F-smash, now show us something different.

For originality, I can't blame you on lacking. There are many Ike montages, so I can't critize you on that (darn)

I liked the b-reversal with eruption in the beginning

0 to death was good the first time (though your opponent was rather hasty in trying to return to the stage)
but after that, it just got redundant. Plus it says a lot about the opponent. They just look kinda ehh.

I agree about vids verus the same player, but it's only acceptable if the vid shows how intense both players are in their gameplay (think of Underdog and his Samus rival, but even then he adds more people to the mix). And Hala needs to work on returning to the stage (amongst other things). His Pit had so many other alternatives to returning to the stage, same for his Ike; like come on, I understand is good often time times but he uses it far to early and distant from you to connect.

In most combo vids, people would put clips of themselves against someone of a more calibur. In your case, you win because you apply something that's slowly disappearing...COMMON SENSE. Try getting footage of you against someone on a more equal level.

That's what I could have thought.

Nothing personal, I'm just saying that there is much to be desired. If you make another combo vid, pay mind to what was said. Sorry if it sounds brutal or anything (no I'm not), but there's nothing to gain by sugarcoating the truth and leaving people to live in a delusion that they're godly or anything of the sort.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
It sucks. Here is a more detailed response.

Oh and Penta, go suck a lemon. That clip in your signature is scrubby, you are scrubby, you are more scrubby than a sponge being used to scrub off a **** stain on the bathroom floor. GTFO.

[/B]
that srly your best lol?
what does my video have to do with your comment?o_o
i never questioned your skill,i simply said you're being a prick
which is true
and calling me scrubby only makes you look worse lol

besides that video is there to humiliate a player i hate
pretty much the only purpose for it
so go suck my lemon:lick:

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Anyway, after seeing so many Ike montages, I decided that I'm going to make a Ike doubles compilation featuring myself. Seems like no one made it and I'm fully up for the idea of being the first one to make one. I do want some help though. If anyone could record some of the clips that I gather with great quality, like capture-card quality, and then send me the recording after, that would be very much appreciated. I don't want to make it troublesome though. What do you guys think of the idea though?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Take the fights to private messages where we needn't deal with your drama. I don't know what minute event may have sparked this animosity, but I suggest you either get over it or take it outside of this thread.

@Kimchi: I suppose that's a cool idea. But who's your teammate? Do you have enough clips of good teamwork that isn't a grab -> LOLFSMASH?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Take the fights to private messages where we needn't deal with your drama. I don't know what minute event may have sparked this animosity, but I suggest you either get over it or take it outside of this thread.

@Kimchi: I suppose that's a cool idea. But who's your teammate? Do you have enough clips of good teamwork that isn't a grab -> LOLFSMASH?
Don't worry, it's not a fight unless it's multiple responses to each others post. And I know better to fight on a thread.

In any case, yea I told Kimchi that the doubles idea was pretty cool. To be honest, anything in the doubles video should be cool, because I haven't seen a doubles video featuring Ike before. Although the classic Throw to F-Smash would be a bit lame if seen more than twice. In any case, he really doesn't need one partner, he could use multiple doubles partners.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's not really just limited to one doubles partner to be honest or a double Ike game. I have a couple of epic clips, it's just I don't want to release my compilation with the quality that I'm recording my videos in right now. I want it to be shown in the best quality as possible and that's the capture card quality.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's not really just limited to one doubles partner to be honest or a double Ike game. I have a couple of epic clips, it's just I don't want to release my compilation with the quality that I'm recording my videos in right now. I want it to be shown in the best quality as possible and that's the capture card quality.
I think the best solution would be to enable the unlimited replay code. With that, you can upload replays to a website or send them to someone (Rykoshet) via Wii if they have the unlimited replay code enabled as well. After that, on a boring day, they can just capture card everything, upload it to a computer, and upload it to a website. You can download them and you can go from there...it's a bit more tedious than doing it on your own with your own capture card...but if you want that kind of quality, it's the only way.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
Problem is, I doubt anyone would help me with such an extensive project like this, least of all Ryko, who's pretty much done with Ike compilations.
Doubles should prove to be interesting. And you'd be surprise. I wasn't expecting him to upload a double's game between me and my friend and now here I see it on youtube. I'm just saying that it doesn't hurt to try.

In addition to the replay code, go for the code that saves player tags in replays. IMO makes things a lot more convinient.

Top Bottom