• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Marth needs more help. New videos

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Not a single one. Does this take way from the amount of research and knowledge I have put into his metagame?

Nope.

Does it take away from the strats that I have put forth?

Nope.

How many tournies you won?

Does it even matter?

Whether you win a tourney or not if you have knowledge and have done your part for the community you deserve respect do you not?

Some people have won tournies and they would rather die then help the community.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Not a single one. Does this take way from the amount of research and knowledge I have put into his metagame?

Nope.

Nope.

Does it even matter?

Whether you win a tourney or not if you have knowledge and have done your part for the community you deserve respect do you not?

Some people have won tournies and they would rather die then help the community.
Tournies =Metagame

And i think M2K Frist post help more on Marth then you did.

Stop posting here.(your making flame)

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

Nope.

Nope.

Does it even matter?

i dont know were i was going with that tournament part.

you deserve nothen. if you do something to want something in return why do it at all. your like putting yourself over other people as if your a god. i have seen a good amount of people help the community without demanding respect in the 3 years i have been here. when gimpyfish went to E3 (though he is already a mod) HE did not have to give us an ounce of information but since he loved the community and brawl he decided to help us with a great amount of info. did he have to do any of it NO did he ask for anything in return? NOTHEN at all.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I never demanded respect.

Your boy basically insulted me and disrespected me by saying he was going to block me for no real reason. And you kinda did too.

I have never said in the Marth boards or anywhere else that I'm so great or think I'm better then others.

People tend to project that onto me for w/e reason.

You, yourself just did that.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I called you an imbecile because you made it seem like the one who shaped the majority of Marth's metagame was someone else other then myself, but what really threw me for a loop was when you said M2K's thread did more then everything I have done.

Which was plain ridiculous.

I thought about debating you, but you seemed like you didn't care about facts and you just wanted to put me down, so I thought eh screw it and decided to insult you.

Now, I will stop posting here.

And I will block you.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I never demanded respect.

Your boy basically insulted me and disrespected me by saying he was going to block me for no real reason. And you kinda did too.

I have never said in the Marth boards or anywhere else that I'm so great or think I'm better then others.

People tend to project that onto me for w/e reason.

You, yourself just did that.
i never said i was gonna block you I BLOCK no 1.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
I would recommend calming down your approach. If you took it easy instead of spammin SH airs then you would have easily 3 stocked him that match.

@ EL: Calm down man. Obviously you have put allot of work into trying to evolve the metagame, but no need to get boastful about it. Try being a little nicer about critiques, the last thing we need is the Marthboard to turn into an elitist insider's club.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all... wow, that still applies?

Of course, if someone is being big-headed about their playing then by all means cut them down to size =P.

Btw, I've won 3 tourneys =]

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Uh, no. >_>

You aren't even taking our advice, you're just trying to say that we're wrong. Why bother posting a vid if you're going to do that?

I would thank you guys alot on your posts rateing my Marth i dont think these replays do justice on the on the what i learned.

But EL rate for some reason seems disrepectful so i only came back at him.

but for the N-air mindgame it does work i would suggest u to try a least one quick brawl before you turn it down.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Not you Artie.

You are pretty cool actually. I guess you were just sticking up for your friend.

Too bad he was being a pompous ***.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Your Marth...it's not even..I...don't...UGH!!!!!

It's just a relentless assault. And it's not even a safe smart assault. I mean..who the f*ck approaches with SH nair?

Where are the tilts?

Why do you stop Dancing blade when you get a hit in, but you keep going when he blocks?

And you fall for Link's traps constantly.

Ex/1:02 - Link throws a bomb straight up and you end up getting forced back on the ledge, then because you are always so predictable he does SH dair knowing you will ledge hop nair.

At one point you dodged both hits of his f-smash and tried to retaliate with...shieldbreaker?!

What the hell?

My head hurts.
i gots no problem with no 1 but heres my last words.

ok so you said he offended you by saying he is gonna block you. but did you read this. if someone criticised me like this i'd wanna block them too.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
I called you an imbecile because you made it seem like the one who shaped the majority of Marth's metagame was someone else other then myself, but what really threw me for a loop was when you said M2K's thread did more then everything I have done.

Which was plain ridiculous.

I thought about debating you, but you seemed like you didn't care about facts and you just wanted to put me down, so I thought eh screw it and decided to insult you.

Now, I will stop posting here.

And I will block you.
your reaction to that is quite sad really... you are good but i think your over think your slef.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I did that for a reason though.

I came down on him hard this is true. But about a day ago he came into a thread of mine and tired to argue that Marth's biggest weakness is that he is the same as he is in Melee.

After watching his vid, I can see why he thinks that. He makes no attempt to abuse what makes Marth good in Brawl. He plays like it's Melee. And it's not even effective.

So yes I criticized him hard. Only because he made some nonsensical comments before and I wanted to drive my point home.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I did that for a reason though.

I came down on him hard this is true. But about a day ago he came into a thread of mine and tired to argue that Marth's biggest weakness is that he is the same as he is in Melee.

After watching his vid, I can see why he thinks that. He makes no attempt to abuse what makes Marth good in Brawl. He plays like it's Melee. And it's not even effective.

So yes I criticized him hard. Only because he made some nonsensical comments before and I wanted to drive my point home.
o i see. well since i wasn't apart of this from the start ill let you guys finish it.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I would thank you guys alot on your posts rateing my Marth i dont think these replays do justice on the on the what i learned.

But EL rate for some reason seems disrepectful so i only came back at him.

but for the N-air mindgame it does work i would suggest u to try a least one quick brawl before you turn it down.
Don't concentrate on mind games, that crap just gets in the way of your game. Play smart, that's the only mind game you need.

That nair over the head of your opponent won't work on someone good. All you have to do is like jab or up tilt and you are punished. Or he could just avoid all of it by just rolling away. That's one of those things you pull out MAYBE once a match.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Don't concentrate on mind games, that crap just gets in the way of your game. Play smart, that's the only mind game you need.

That nair over the head of your opponent won't work on someone good. All you have to do is like jab or up tilt and you are punished. Or he could just avoid all of it by just rolling away. That's one of those things you pull out MAYBE once a match.
bold-headed on the move but it was quite useful to me in many macthes(iam going to a torney soon so i guess i will check it there) but yea i think i over used the N-Air bit.

Also i do think i may need to add more d-tilt to my game alotmore.

thanks for the help.

Also can everyone forget about what happen back there.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yeah, look I can tell you want to get better and we were both heated.

Let us put this unpleasantness behind us.

Later tonight I will give you a real critique.

Sorry if I was a jerk.

For the record Marth out ranges Link in terms on sword attacks other then Link's f-smash.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, look I can tell you want to get better and we were both heated.

Let us put this unpleasantness behind us.

Later tonight I will give you a real critique.

Sorry if I was a jerk.
Same here. Sorry man

eww the picture is way to large..............

∫unk

Smash Master
Just try playing super defensive. I know it's not your style but because you're on the offensive so few times you'll quickly learn what are safe approaches and what are unusable approaches.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Just try playing super defensive. I know it's not your style but because you're on the offensive so few times you'll quickly learn what are safe approaches and what are unusable approaches.
Yea Watching my self it looks like iam on roidz.:mad:

(i think i was rushing to make the video less then 3 mins)

thanks. :)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm just going to keep it simple here.

For the most part you aren't being safe when you play. Fighting games are all about risk vs reward. You are playing a highly risky style for only moderate rewards. You are every aggressive with very unsafe moves. And it seems like you have little regard for spacing and stage positioning.

You should work on the basics more. Whenever I want to train and I want to know what I need to work on I take it back to the fundamentals.

Punishing, poking, traps, brickwalls, playing safe, knowing my spacing and understand all of Marth's moves and when they need to be used and in what situations.

I will give you some basic tips to start.

- Don't approach with Nair. It's just not that safe since the angle of the blade is so high. A good opponent can stuff it with ease.

- Use Dancing Blade as your main punisher

- Remember you can approach with other types of movement, not just running. You can walk as well or use well spaced SH's.

- Space your attacks so you are safer and so you can't be punished as easily.

- You need more fairs, d-tilts and f-tilts in your game.

- Don't do such risky things. There were times when you would just jump into the air after Link and it looked like you were doing random Uairs and Bairs. Stuff like this makes you predictable and when Link lands and you are still in the air you are in a very bad position.

- When your opponent is on the ledge space yourself away form it. This way their options are limited and you can predict them much more easily.

- Don't just run into projectiles and attacks all day. Use your shield.

That should do it for now. Work on those things and you should see vast improvement in your game. Look over that vid again and try to see where you did something risky or overly aggressive and try to think of something that you could have done that was better or safer.

Good luck.

Train hard and hit the next level.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Emblem Lord, I must say that your original post while having an air of arrogance was definately not wrong and really didn't need the backlash it did. I saw it as you just being 'playful'/sarcastic while still giving good advice.

Which you did. Your original post pretty much was the summary of the elongated post you just made. People need to just chill out a bit. "Why so serious?".

If you are fighting someone who you are winning against more often than not, asking for Marth help is not the obvious step. It's when you struggle or can't find the 'path' to beat someone else is when one should truly consider being critiqued and evaluated. The basics, as EL puts it are what brought you down quite a bit. but when it comes to that person's Link, when you 'hit the next level', they may already be prepared for it anyway.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to keep it simple here.

For the most part you aren't being safe when you play. Fighting games are all about risk vs reward. You are playing a highly risky style for only moderate rewards. You are every aggressive with very unsafe moves. And it seems like you have little regard for spacing and stage positioning.

You should work on the basics more. Whenever I want to train and I want to know what I need to work on I take it back to the fundamentals.

Punishing, poking, traps, brickwalls, playing safe, knowing my spacing and understand all of Marth's moves and when they need to be used and in what situations.

I will give you some basic tips to start.

- Don't approach with Nair. It's just not that safe since the angle of the blade is so high. A good opponent can stuff it with ease.

- Use Dancing Blade as your main punisher

- Remember you can approach with other types of movement, not just running. You can walk as well or use well spaced SH's.

- Space your attacks so you are safer and so you can't be punished as easily.

- You need more fairs, d-tilts and f-tilts in your game.

- Don't do such risky things. There were times when you would just jump into the air after Link and it looked like you were doing random Uairs and Bairs. Stuff like this makes you predictable and when Link lands and you are still in the air you are in a very bad position.

- When your opponent is on the ledge space yourself away form it. This way their options are limited and you can predict them much more easily.

- Don't just run into projectiles and attacks all day. Use your shield.

That should do it for now. Work on those things and you should see vast improvement in your game. Look over that vid again and try to see where you did something risky or overly aggressive and try to think of something that you could have done that was better or safer.

Good luck.

Train hard and hit the next level.

Yea i really need to add tilts in my game more, a bit more dancing blade aswell. I think i was rushing way to much in those videos and lead to alot of mistakes.

thanks!

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Vs. link 250+views in one day

Vs.faclon 1600+views in 6 days.

Thanks guys for the rate and suff i think the next video i put out will try to put everything i learned here to use.

Top Bottom