• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mafia Academia -- ENDGAME: Bites Za Dusto

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Thread is dead, time for the host with the most ****posts to step in

So if, in this game, Shish is Midnight and I'm Thirteen, then

- Midnight = 12 (am)
- Thirteen > 12
- therefore me > Shish

QED, proven beyond all doubt, don't try and argue because you know it's true. :p

uh, I guess to do actual host-like stuff, 38 hours left in this phase I guess, c'mon, get on with it

D

Deleted member

- Midnight = 12 (am)
- Thirteen > 12
- therefore me > Shish

QED, proven beyond all doubt, don't try and argue because you know it's true. :p

uh, I guess to do actual host-like stuff, 38 hours left in this phase I guess, c'mon, get on with it
Hold it!

Midnight = 24
24 = gay
Therefore me > Moydow

Just a penguin

Smash Master

- Midnight = 12 (am)
- Thirteen > 12
- therefore me > Shish

Yes, but 13 isn't even a number on a clock unless you use military time, and who does that?

Also mafia stuff I guess.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So after a night's sleep, I think that either Unikorn or Pokechu is currently bussing Praline. I'm leaning Pokechu for a bit and will likely continue that lean, due to the sudden vote swap yesterday while having double vote abilities.

Knowing that you have a double vote then changing votes at the very last minute? Weird af.

I'd like a Praline flip followed by Pokechu or Unikorn going down. Also, I will renew suspicion of Z25 if the Praline scum flip (assuming they are scum, which I 100% believe) shows the flavor as a hero from the show.

My vote will remain on Praline. Just in case I forgot to bold earlier, Vote: Praline.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
So after a night's sleep, I think that either Unikorn or Pokechu is currently bussing Praline. I'm leaning Pokechu for a bit and will likely continue that lean, due to the sudden vote swap yesterday while having double vote abilities.

Knowing that you have a double vote then changing votes at the very last minute? Weird af.

I'd like a Praline flip followed by Pokechu or Unikorn going down. Also, I will renew suspicion of Z25 if the Praline scum flip (assuming they are scum, which I 100% believe) shows the flavor as a hero from the show.

My vote will remain on Praline. Just in case I forgot to bold earlier, Vote: Praline.
you don't think it's likely for both Uni and I to be town? I don't see why not. Uni's results were confirmed by the receiver that I received (god I hate saying that LOL) and he claimed tracker, I don't see any reason for Uni to be suspected.

I also voted Golden earlier in the day (after he called me stupid), but I unvoted for a bit before coming back to him once realizing it would be a tie. Just because I'm mayor doesn't mean I shouldn't vote to break ties - I didn't like how Golden was acting, and I was still 50/50 on praline at least so I saw worth in it. praline was an obvious target afterwards anyways so scum!Chu would have no reason to use his double-voting abilities to save her when she'd just 99% be the next Day's lynch and I'd follow suit for it. Why out yourself just so your scum mate has like what one more phase to live? LOL

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn

What's your opinion on Pokechu also having results on praline? For both Night 1 and 2.

Isn't it weird that there's someone else with a track ability?
There's a bit of a nuance though.

The receiver didn't get the fact that I tracked praline, but rather the exact results of my tracking ("Praline visited Praline.")

It's still weird, but it's not exactly a tracker.

And that they gave their results to Pokechu after the Golden lynch?
That part is actually believable.

This sounds like a really powerful ability that could downright break the game if done every night, so not being able to send your info on each individual night feels more balanced.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
There's a bit of a nuance though.

The receiver didn't get the fact that I tracked praline, but rather the exact results of my tracking ("Praline visited Praline.")

It's still weird, but it's not exactly a tracker.

That part is actually believable.

This sounds like a really powerful ability that could downright break the game if done every night, so not being able to send your info on each individual night feels more balanced.
Pokechu also claimed that Praline visited Pokechu night 1

And 'X visited Y' is either a watcher or a tracker. and we have a dead watcher

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Pokechu also claimed that Praline visited Pokechu night 1

And 'X visited Y' is either a watcher or a tracker. and we have a dead watcher
Said watched having died day one...

My theory is that this “receiver” is someone who can spy on a selected target for two nights, then send results to whoever they want on the second night.

It would explain how the so-called receiver got the info of both night 1 and 2 and send that info in night 2; the taget of that “receiver” was praline.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But the problem here is that I tracked on Golden on night one, so I can’t be this so-called receiver. So it’s a different person with a different take on the tracker role as I mentionned in my theory (an additional point for said theory is that you can only use one action a night).

Yet Chu doesn’t challenge it.

Btw, the reason I didn’t state it was a tracking was because without knowing what action was done, I couldn’t really pick a side, even if my results matched Goldie’s claim, since the way he plays when he’s scum always makes him a wild card in my mind.

The reason I went in for pra on this day was because everything she said about her claim did not match my tracking, therefore she’s lying.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I still think Pra’s the one we should lynch. She’s lied about her role and my tracking can prove it.

But Chu thinking of me as town even though I can’t possibly be his “receiver lead” and said “receiver” is potentially an alternate take on my own role...

It just rubs me off the wrong way right now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Even if they all work differently, 4 types of tracking like roles feels unlikely

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I still think Pra’s the one we should lynch. She’s lied about her role and my tracking can prove it.

But Chu thinking of me as town even though I can’t possibly be his “receiver lead” and said “receiver” is potentially an alternate take on my own role...

It just rubs me off the wrong way right now.
Trackers are 99% always town, I've never seen a scum one, and you're using your ability to bust out an obvious scum. No reason to think you're not town LOL

Plus I wasn't really too worried about you anyways, my top 5 suspects last day were Poy, Ura, Golden, Werekill and GLG

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I said this last night but I think it might've gotten drowned in the posts, I think this is a good theory

Ohhhhh maybe it's like a Jack of All Trades? There was a role like this in FEH2 mafia... it was Oboro, she had different items she could give to different players, each one was one-shot. Maybe it's something like this??
and this is Oboro's role from that game
You are Oboro, the Inventor!
Well, a tailor, really, but still, you're a creator at heart. Each night, you may stitch together a piece of special clothing, which you can then distribute to a person of your choice. Each night you will randomly get...

- Dracovest, which acts as a one-time bulletproof
- Adept Cape, which makes the wearer's vote count for double the next day, or
- Reflective Hat, which reflects all actions done to that user back at the user.
As well, you may instead opt to bodyguard someone instead, putting your life at risk but saving theirs. Do this by saying Guard:User.

You are aligned with the joint army of Askr and Nifl. You win when all threats are eliminated.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I said this last night but I think it might've gotten drowned in the posts, I think this is a good theory

and this is Oboro's role from that game
A creator makes a lot of sense. There’s literally someone who does that in the show.
But then why would there be no item day 1?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trackers are 99% always town, I've never seen a scum one, and you're using your ability to bust out an obvious scum. No reason to think you're not town LOL

Plus I wasn't really too worried about you anyways, my top 5 suspects last day were Poy, Ura, Golden, Werekill and GLG
Wha? I'm used to them being a fairly common Scum role. I think I see them slightly more as Town, since Town gets more PRs, but I see Scum Tracker regularly.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
A creator makes a lot of sense. There’s literally someone who does that in the show.
That's a good point. Perhaps this particular item had to take 2 nights to be given out? Since it gave me praline's targets for N1 and N2. Maybe it depends on how many results the inventor wants their item to have?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
My best bet is that it was either an item that didn't alert the receiving player or it was given to scum accidentally. If the role exists at all.

I have an idea.

Pokechu's claim of receiving the tracker could have been easily faked, if he was scum. He, of course, would know the movements of Praline (still likely scum).

I still have my protect. What if the person who gave the item claims, then I protect that person toNight and take the bullet? I die, but we confirm Pokechu's claim. If no one claims the role, we can assume Pokechu is lying.

I'm liking this idea the more I think on it. What do you guys think?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Scum got it, and/or it's something less powerful if claimed. Like, if I got a BP vest, I absolutely wouldn't claim it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Wha? I'm used to them being a fairly common Scum role. I think I see them slightly more as Town, since Town gets more PRs, but I see Scum Tracker regularly.
Huh. That's interesting! I always thought they were just town roles (like how there wouldn't be a scum cop of course LOL), in none of the games I've played have there been a scum tracker. This is neat to know!

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Huh. That's interesting! I always thought they were just town roles (like how there wouldn't be a scum cop of course LOL), in none of the games I've played have there been a scum tracker. This is neat to know!
Scum cop happens in multi-faction mafia sometimes!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Scum cop happens in multi-faction mafia sometimes!
omg..........................

my life is a literal lie

how come I've never heard of this!? :[[[[[

I've never played a multi-faction mafia though so that might be why

but wow!!! the more you know

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
My best bet is that it was either an item that didn't alert the receiving player or it was given to scum accidentally. If the role exists at all.

I have an idea.

Pokechu's claim of receiving the tracker could have been easily faked, if he was scum. He, of course, would know the movements of Praline (still likely scum).

I still have my protect. What if the person who gave the item claims, then I protect that person toNight and take the bullet? I die, but we confirm Pokechu's claim. If no one claims the role, we can assume Pokechu is lying.

you don't have to sacrifice yourself, lil' ol' me can pass peacefully LOL

It's a smart way to prove me getting the receiver but I think that we also have to factor in possible mafia roles. What if the person claim "oh it's me!! i'm the inventor" etc and you protect them, but the mafia has a strongman shot and kills them anyways? then this leads to a lot of speculation of "oh did werekill really protect them", "no it was a strongman shot maybe", " did werekill get blocked/redirected" etc

since there's a lot of unknowns I feel like a lot could go wrong with the plan but IDK

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I have an idea.

The only problem here is we have two unaccounted roleblockes today. If they wanted the creator dead they could just roleblock you and kill them correct?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I have an idea.

That’s a pretty good idea, honestly.

Also, take note of how Chu backed away for the idea of proving my own tracker claim with the abilities he claimed, saying that I’m definite lying town.

Yet, I even brought up the possibility that I could potentially be lying, and his role would prove whether I’m right or wrong. Still, he backed away from it.

like how there wouldn't be a scum cop of course LOL
Capcom Mafia had a role cop lmao

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Also, take note of how Chu backed away for the idea of proving my own tracker claim with the abilities he claimed, saying that I’m definite lying town.

Yet, I even brought up the possibility that I could potentially be lying, and his role would prove whether I’m right or wrong. Still, he backed away from it.
With that said... yeah, potential strongman makes it risky as hell.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Either way...

Also, take note of how Chu backed away for the idea of proving my own tracker claim with the abilities he claimed, saying that I’m definitely town.

This feels like a Chu play. Claiming something really useful, but backing away whenever it’s time to put money where his mouth is.

I remember him doing the same in PokeMafia.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

I backed away from it because I could get results for another person quicker. If I spent another night on you, that means it'd take a night longer for me to get results on like Poyzin or Ura, people who I'd like to know more of.

I just have a confident read on you. What's wrong about that? I'm not backing away from it because I can't do it, I'm backing away from it because in my eyes it's a complete waste of time when I'm already reading you as town.

Capcom Mafia had a role cop lmao
Capcom Mafia had a role cop. Not an alignment cop; that's what I was referring to. because why would scum need to be told who's town or not if they already know? LOL

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
backed away from it because I could get results for another person quicker. If I spent another night on you, that means it'd take a night longer for me to get results on like Poyzin or Ura, people who I'd like to know more of.

I just have a confident read on you. What's wrong about that? I'm not backing away from it because I can't do it, I'm backing away from it because in my eyes it's a complete waste of time when I'm already reading you as town.
Still, the receiver potentially clashes with my own claim if the theory’s right and you don’t even question it?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Either way...

This feels like a Chu play. Claiming something really useful, but backing away whenever it’s time to put money where his mouth is.

I remember him doing the same in PokeMafia.
It's not even "really useful"; because if I target you again, I'm going to miss out on targeting someone else quicker. My progress is completely erased when I target someone new.

My role works in steps, so to get all of the information I can have on one person, I have to target that one person three times. The first night I get nothing, the second their night results, the third their quirk (not the name though). So if I targeted you two times, I'd get your night results, but if I targeted Poyzin the next night I'd get nothing because I'm starting from scratch with him.

If I spend another night on you, I could not receive information about Poyzin until night five.

If you'd really like for me to target you toNight to prove myself, I absolutely could. But since I have a strong town read on you, I personally don't see the point.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
you don't have to sacrifice yourself, lil' ol' me can pass peacefully LOL

It's a smart way to prove me getting the receiver but I think that we also have to factor in possible mafia roles. What if the person claim "oh it's me!! i'm the inventor" etc and you protect them, but the mafia has a strongman shot and kills them anyways? then this leads to a lot of speculation of "oh did werekill really protect them", "no it was a strongman shot maybe", " did werekill get blocked/redirected" etc

since there's a lot of unknowns I feel like a lot could go wrong with the plan but IDK
Ah, I see what you guys mean by strongman.

Why immediately wonder about a Strongman shot instead of the more clear assumption, the roleblock that we are already discussing? Why was Strongman your first guess?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Ah, I see what you guys mean by strongman.

Why immediately wonder about a Strongman shot instead of the more clear assumption, the roleblock that we are already discussing? Why was Strongman your first guess?
that came to my mind too, but I correlate strongman shots more with protecting a target. A roleblock you could use on anyone, so to use it so you can kill a specific target, if you have a strongman available, is a waste. Why not just use the strongman and be able to use the roleblock willynilly instead of using the roleblock and doing nothing with the strongman?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
that came to my mind too, but I correlate strongman shots more with protecting a target. A roleblock you could use on anyone, so to use it so you can kill a specific target, if you have a strongman available, is a waste. Why not just use the strongman and be able to use the roleblock willynilly instead of using the roleblock and doing nothing with the strongman?
But we had previously discussed there being a roleblocker around, unless I'm misremembering?

It's just extremely weird that you immediately wondered about Strongman, a role that hadn't been brought up at all.

Top Bottom