• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mafia Academia -- ENDGAME: Bites Za Dusto

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yooo, who did what now?
I was offering speculation for how a third party could work if it's in this game since it was asked about.

The character is question is a villain from the show that has a decent chance to be repped here imo.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I said there wasn't a complete chance of no independts. I'd find it unlikely though. For example, the miller discussion was bought up earlier. There's only one character of importance who has a transform gimmick that's actually a big effect. They'd be a theoritical miller imo, but considereding they are already hard aligned with the villains, it doesn't feel right.

There is a good third party candidate or if Shishoe was really bold, a scum betrayer. I'd wager its the former though. The character in question is Stain. A bad guy but not really aligned with the other villains(they have a league and try to recruit him, he refuses) but still has interacted with them. He'd be a likely 3rd party candidate imo because he is a big character and I'd be shocked if he's not being represented. I'll go into a little more depth but do know it will contain some spoilers for the show, but also offer my theories on this more then likely role.
Stain is a bit of misunderstood hero. The police and government view him as a villain, but because of his ideals he's viewed as a hero and gains a cult following in their world following his defeat. Basically he thinks there are no "real" heroes left because the bussiness has become to marketable and most are in it for the fame, glory and money in his opion. He kills those he deems unworthy of the tile and let's the view he encounters that he believes share it live. For example, the main character Deku gets his respect because Deku is of pure heart and just wants to make a difference in the world.

As I said the villains try to recruite him for their league, but he refuses. He doesnt't approve of their violence and chaos, he just wants to clense the world of false heroes and not kill innoncent people. He has a very twisted ideology but is also extreemly well written as a villain.

Another thing to note, Stain's quirk( his super power) allows him to use the abilities of those who's blood he tastes. Depending on their blood type he can keep their powers for a longer set period of time. It also can sort of immobilize people iirc. A lot goes on in the show so I may have made a few mistakes.

My prediction is that he's likely a third party role cop which can be very dangerous in this game. I don't know how future flavors will go down, but i wouldn't be shocked if he shows up in one of them
Would Shish reuse Stain after he appeared in an older game though.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Popping in real quick before bed:

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Yeah the gambit wasn't exactly ricochet tier lol. I got what I wanted out of it though: reads and discussion.

I'm not automatically calling people scum for going with it, though. I thought Doop was iffy because of how hardcore he was on it, and I thought you were weird for the "Oh boy I sure I don't offend anyone" attitude. Not really a scum read but I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Also Unvote, I'm leaning Z25 vs me as Town VS Town. I see too much of old me in him.

I'll give a full read list in the morning, giving other people more time to interact and be merry.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Would Shish reuse Stain after he appeared in an older game though.
He was used in an older one? Depending on how long ago and if shishoe hosted then it could go either way.

I’d say it’s a little less likely but something to still consider depending on how flavor goes

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
hello friends! I am finally home after being at work all day although the last 4 hours of that was me eating free food and getting drunk on the company dime

I will be making a string of posts to catch up, but if anyone's here I would appreciate the sounding board so I'm not yelling into the abyss

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dooplissity Dooplissity definitely had a bad reaction to Werekill's claim. It could be an upset townie or scum trying to reflect a townie's actions back at them for an easy day one lynch, or it could be vice versa. Right now I'd lean towards scum with this one.

I'm not fully sure which is the truth there, but he's another one worth watching imo.
I am confused about this. I don't know why you think I might've been upset? Perhaps my tone came off wrong in my first post - it was meant to be forcefully chiding, but I wasn't upset.

I also don't get what you mean "trying to reflect a townie's actions back at them". Is that in reference to Poyzin?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
And where would the pressure be anyway? The most peer-pressury post I saw was Doop’s “pussyholding”, and he actually didn’t follow that one. (quoted post will be my next one because mobile is a *****)
Pussyfooting, not pussyholding! I'm not Trump lol. It's an antiquated word, but it means being overly cautious, coming from the way cats step lightly.

Dooplissity Dooplissity - It's not that he voted for me, because he's not the only one, but he immediately went full aggression mode. In the post in which he voted for me, he didn't really give a reason and said everyone was pussyfooting around it, being aggressive to the point of "peer pressuring" Utopian, (not that I necessarily think that's valid, but I think it is of note). Also note his posts above this one, for fairness's sake.
In the interests of fairness, I also don't think it's fair to hold against me that I didn't explicitly state my reasoning. While that is typically bad form in mafia, it really ought to be fine here. You hadn't posted in the thread yet, and Were was claiming a cop guilty. It would've been redundant to say it, and it would've taken away from my goal there, which was not to remind people to defer to a cop guilty, but rather to ratchet up the pressure.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I am confused about this. I don't know why you think I might've been upset? Perhaps my tone came off wrong in my first post - it was meant to be forcefully chiding, but I wasn't upset.

I also don't get what you mean "trying to reflect a townie's actions back at them". Is that in reference to Poyzin?
By upset I meant more That you seemed a little angry. Not sad.

As for he second part I was saying how the situation could have been a townie vs scum trying to use their own words as ammunition against each other or it could be a townie v townie scenario. Kind of botched that one up a little. Sorry it wasn’t clear

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
By upset I meant more That you seemed a little angry. Not sad.

As for he second part I was saying how the situation could have been a townie vs scum trying to use their own words as ammunition against each other or it could be a townie v townie scenario. Kind of botched that one up a little. Sorry it wasn’t clear
Ah, I see. I wasn't either. I was a bit incredulous, but that's not really angry.

So...Werekill gave a fake claim and we're not at all concerned about that?
What happened to "Lynch All Liars"?
We got rid of it because it's a bad idea that promotes turning one's brain off and ignoring context.

I'm waiting more for day 2 then anything else as I think the night phase will tell us a lot more then we can learn today.
I am vehemently opposed to this line of thinking. It promotes complacency. No matter how much the Night tells us, we need to maximize what we can get out of today.

i made a late edit here to fix a bad tag, please dont kill me admin daddy

Last edited:

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
i've made my mind, I'd shoot golden. I think he could be a bit nicer too but I also don't think Doop was completely serious in attempting to round together votes for Toaster, I think he saw through it and wanted to fish for reactions too.
That's a fair assessment. I said that I wasn't sure whether or not it was a reaction test, but thought that line of play was optimal either way.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lore Lore at some point asked me for a read list, I'm going to drop it now and then reread to see if there is anything specifically I need to respond to.
  1. Maven89 - Null, hasn't posted
  2. Z25 - I'm kind of reading the werekill and Z25 argument as Town vs town, it's mostly about a difference of playstyle than a thing of actually alignment from my pov. However, Z25 saying there's no way their be independents in this game because of flavor is giving me pause.
  3. Pokechu - Gut reading as town right now. But a v. strong gut read.
  4. Ura- Null Hasn't posted anything that's given me an opinion one way or the other.
  5. Werekill - I'm going with town for now just because of the sheer amount of attention WarKill has brought upon himself by arguing with multiple people so far this day phase.
  6. UtopianPoyzin I need to reread but this is a scum lean right now. It seemed like utop went from opposing the TB wagon to voting for TB too quickly?
  7. GLG
  8. Dooplissity wanting to see what doop has to say outside of the gambit conversation before I say anything.
  9. ToasterBrains Leaning Town for now.
  10. Praline I need to reread praline, I can't remember any of their posts off the top of my head.
  11. The Stoopid Unikorn - so far has only **** posted or talked about whatever directly involved their slot, don't have any reason to think they're town but wouldn't want to lynch them today.
  12. Jojalole Null, hasn't posted.
  13. GoldenYuiitusin - Town lean, the logic they posted after the initial cop claim aligns with what I would have done if I posted while it was still relevant.
  14. ShinyLegendary - It doesn't sit right with me that Shiny came into the thread just to vote for Werekill and leave. Gambit != scum.

Want to look into Praline and Utops more before I make a vote.
This is actually a very good post and aligns closely with my thoughts on the thread. I null read Pokechu and think I might have a small scumlean on Golden because I feel like there's been more fluff than content, but otherwise I pretty much agree with all of this.

I said there wasn't a complete chance of no independts. I'd find it unlikely though. For example, the miller discussion was bought up earlier. There's only one character of importance who has a transform gimmick that's actually a big effect. They'd be a theoritical miller imo, but considereding they are already hard aligned with the villains, it doesn't feel right.

There is a good third party candidate or if Shishoe was really bold, a scum betrayer. I'd wager its the former though. The character in question is Stain. A bad guy but not really aligned with the other villains(they have a league and try to recruit him, he refuses) but still has interacted with them. He'd be a likely 3rd party candidate imo because he is a big character and I'd be shocked if he's not being represented. I'll go into a little more depth but do know it will contain some spoilers for the show, but also offer my theories on this more then likely role.
Stain is a bit of misunderstood hero. The police and government view him as a villain, but because of his ideals he's viewed as a hero and gains a cult following in their world following his defeat. Basically he thinks there are no "real" heroes left because the bussiness has become to marketable and most are in it for the fame, glory and money in his opion. He kills those he deems unworthy of the tile and let's the view he encounters that he believes share it live. For example, the main character Deku gets his respect because Deku is of pure heart and just wants to make a difference in the world.

As I said the villains try to recruite him for their league, but he refuses. He doesnt't approve of their violence and chaos, he just wants to clense the world of false heroes and not kill innoncent people. He has a very twisted ideology but is also extreemly well written as a villain.

Another thing to note, Stain's quirk( his super power) allows him to use the abilities of those who's blood he tastes. Depending on their blood type he can keep their powers for a longer set period of time. It also can sort of immobilize people iirc. A lot goes on in the show so I may have made a few mistakes.

My prediction is that he's likely a third party role cop which can be very dangerous in this game. I don't know how future flavors will go down, but i wouldn't be shocked if he shows up in one of them
I'm ok with some mild speculation, given that you've been producing content, but I want to be really clear that we're not going to go TP hunting, and that it would be a massive waste to go after someone because we think they're Stain/TP.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is actually a very good post and aligns closely with my thoughts on the thread. I null read Pokechu and think I might have a small scumlean on Golden because I feel like there's been more fluff than content, but otherwise I pretty much agree with all of this.

I'm ok with some mild speculation, given that you've been producing content, but I want to be really clear that we're not going to go TP hunting, and that it would be a massive waste to go after someone because we think they're Stain/TP.
I agree, as I said, I just think its something that could happen. If he's in I think the flavor will definitely hint towards it, so it can be discussed then if it actually happens.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I agree, as I said, I just think its something that could happen. If he's in I think the flavor will definitely hint towards it, so it can be discussed then if it actually happens.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I also really do not want to go flavor hunting for clues. That is a rabbit hole and is similarly unproductive in finding scum.

I re-read the thread a bit, can you give me your thought on my scumpool?

It is [poyzin, unikorn, golden] in that order. Poyzin I've already addressed. Golden's there for also avoiding a harder stance after the cop claim, and for a lot of fluff posts compared to content (see: page 12). For Unikorn, I dislike the excuse of not contributing much D1, and he's also got a poor content:fluff ratio, but most of all, I dislike the artificially inflated reads-list which is masquerading as more content than it really is. Here's the post:

Suspicious:

Dooplissity Dooplissity - Dude was pushing hard on your fake claim, like a few people said.

Need some time for me to figure things out:

Lore Lore - I actually have a theory about you and your gambit, but if my theory's right, saying it out loud could end up ruining things. My opinion of you will vary depending on what happens in the next few phases, giving me the time to think of whether or not my theory's right.

@GoldenYuiitusin - While not as obvious as Doop, he did go into the "vote Toaster, then vote Werekill if Toaster flipped town" kind of scenario and tried to get us into it. But aside from the possibility of both being town, his overall reasoning isn't wrong and it could just be townie thinking since pretty much anyone could think the same way, hence why he doesn't strike me as suspicious.

Say something already!!!:

@Ura @Jojalole @ShinyLegendary - Seriously, you three are doing nothing and that can really screw things over for us.

Neutral:

Everyone else. Not worth tagging.

Here's the post condensed down to actual stances:

Suspicious:

Dooplissity Dooplissity - Dude was pushing hard on your fake claim, like a few people said.
It's a pretty big difference, and it's a lot more "look at me I'm helpful!" than, like, actually helpful.

D

Deleted member

If "fluff = Mafia", you have no idea how these games tend to work with this group.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
If "fluff = Mafia", you have no idea how these games tend to work with this group.
I don't think you get the point I'm making. It's not that "fluff = mafia". It's that specifically, posting a lot of fluff without much content to speak of is a good way to coast without getting heat for being inactive ( Maven89 Maven89 cough). Fluff and content together in a good ratio is fine. Pokechu is a good example of this. A good amount of fluff, but also a fair bit of content, which is why I don't have an issue with them.

D

Deleted member

What "content" has Pokechu given other than ****posting?

D

Deleted member

If you're going to accuse me of being Mafia for flawed reasoning, don't be hypocritical about it and claim others are safe when they are guilty of the same exact flawed reasoning.

D

Deleted member

Hell, at least I've actually tried to bring logic into this. All Pokechu has DONE is ****post. Even claiming that he'll "later" be productive.

So the very fact you don't have a problem with him, yet have a problem with me for whatever reason either means you two are in cahoots and are trying to draw attention to me as a target or you didn't think things through in your conclusion.
So which of the sins did you commit? Guilty or innocent yet foolish?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not saying that Werekill cannot be trusted. But shouldn't you guys be more wary of this?

2 hours in, and he chooses to copcheck ToasterBrains of all people (despite him stating pre-game he had his sights on Ura). And it's statistically unlikely to randomly pick a mafioso to check, seeing as there's less of them than the town. He also will not share the penalty he received for the copcheck, despite him having almost no chance at living later through the game if ToasterBrains truly is mafia, as he would be a confirmed townie by that point.

Plus, it is a day copcheck. Although that's more normal at this point than it should be :laugh:

There are also other factors such as ToasterBrains possibly being a Miller.
This post is like 50/50 but still has concrete stances.

No way. Not strange at all. The very first thought I had was that it was a gambit, surely the cop could figure that out as well. And if they couldn't, they'd still probably realize it's never a good idea to out themselves D1.
Moydow Moydow cutie patootie

praline town for sure. I like Werekill in him vs Z25 but I do think he could've been nicer. if I was Z I'd've just been like "yy-yea???? so what???" LOL

Stoopid town. If I had to shoot someone either golden or doop would be dead... depends on my mood

as always, I love GLG Embarrass

yeah I mostly only posted just to tell moy I liked her avatar, so?????
i've made my mind, I'd shoot golden. I think he could be a bit nicer too but I also don't think Doop was completely serious in attempting to round together votes for Toaster, I think he saw through it and wanted to fish for reactions too.

daykill golden

aaaaaa sike LOL
Town

Praline
Werekill
Uni
GLG
the rest
Doop
Golden

Scum

but of course, I'm still looking to reread posts, I don't think I've really read all of them, I just glanced at some :laugh:

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
whoops, by "this post" I meant the one starting with the quip about moy's avatar

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
by direct contrast, most of your game-related posts have not been outing views, like Pokechu has, they've been defending yourself.

do you see why I am fine with one and get scumvibes from the other?

D

Deleted member

When people try to claim I'm scum for bull**** reasons, no DUH I'm going to be speaking out against that.

Like, you wanna claim I'm scum? Fine. But actually give good reasons for it instead of things like
-Working as a scumteam with someone because they have a similar mindset and actions (when neither was actually true)
-"Fluff"
-Defending against accusations (like seriously; "you must be scum because you deny it when people claim you are"? What kind of logic is THAT?)

I'm starting to remember why I stopped wanting to play these games.

D

Deleted member

Especially when you're quoting clear ****posts as actual substance.

D

Deleted member

To clarify, the only thing Pokechu wasn't ****posting about was his take on the Werekill claim.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
chill, dude. in your frustration you're missing the nuance in my posts, oversimplifying them, and then drawing the wrong conclusions because you think I said something I didn't.

I'm not saying defending yourself is scummy. Baseline fact, Town wins by finding Scum. Scum wins just by living. I'm saying that Pokechu's posts outing stances and forming a reads list indicates a gamesolving/scumhunting mentality (reads town), whereas your focus on defense indicates a survival mentality (reads scum). It's not a black and white issue where ALL defending or ALL fluff is scummy. If it was that simple the game would be easy. It's about how it stacks up relative to your other posts.

(side note: I think you actually have gotten me to talk myself into a Pokechu Town read, so thanks for that)

D

Deleted member

This will be my last post for the Phase because my irl Quirk of Giving a **** is all out of ****s to give.

Just found out my in-game Quirk is less useful than I initially thought after re-reading it, so I've basically lost any motivation anyway.

Vote: Golden

I'm not Mafia, but go ahead and waste your votes on me. I don't care.

...by posting a reads list? Huh?
If you had any idea how Pokechu work, him posting a reads list this early is an obvious joke. Especially with the reasons (or lack thereof) given and the whole joke about "shooting" people and regards to WHO he picked.

It's like me saying Uni is scum just because of the whole "Lynch All Ninnies" thing.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
This will be my last post for the Phase because my irl Quirk of Giving a **** is all out of ****s to give.

Just found out my in-game Quirk is less useful than I initially thought after re-reading it, so I've basically lost any motivation anyway.

Vote: Golden

I'm not Mafia, but go ahead and waste your votes on me. I don't care.

If you had any idea how Pokechu work, him posting a reads list this early is an obvious joke. Especially with the reasons (or lack thereof) given and the whole joke about "shooting" people and regards to WHO he picked.

It's like me saying Uni is scum just because of the whole "Lynch All Ninnies" thing.
Yo chillax my dude LOL take a vanillite, nothing chills you out like a fresh ice cream , I heard Professor Juniper's caught a lot

Those posts quoted by doop weren't even ****posts, the ones about me shooting you were of course but you shouldn't say that what I'm doing is an "obvious joke" and then proceed to vote yourself afterwards. There were no reasons provided but I was going to expand on that later, I just wanted to put my hat in the pool with some posts instead of being completely absent from the thread. You might not take me seriously but that doesn't mean you should make blanket statements and call what I'm doing a joke

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'll be back in an hour, clam blitz in splatoon is calling me ;)

But I have town reads on praline and werekill because praline usually doesn't involve herself much D1, it's a meta read but I also have to give her credit for not immediately voting toaster, I think that a scum!praline would be a bit anxious and somewhat pushy around the topic. She hasn't made many posts of course so this read may change but praline is usually a player I'm not worried about.

Werekill's gambit was interesting, as I thought it was clearly transparent. Obviously not real. So like GLG said, why would a scum attract so much attention? I'll have to reread Were vs Z but I think I really liked Were's analysis of Z. I haven't played with Were before but this aggressive play style fits more as town, and Were seems really genuine.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'll be back in an hour, clam blitz in splatoon is calling me ;)

But I have town reads on praline and werekill because praline usually doesn't involve herself much D1, it's a meta read but I also have to give her credit for not immediately voting toaster, I think that a scum!praline would be a bit anxious and somewhat pushy around the topic. She hasn't made many posts of course so this read may change but praline is usually a player I'm not worried about.

Werekill's gambit was interesting, as I thought it was clearly transparent. Obviously not real. So like GLG said, why would a scum attract so much attention? I'll have to reread Were vs Z but I think I really liked Were's analysis of Z. I haven't played with Were before but this aggressive play style fits more as town, and Were seems really genuine.
Ebwop I kind of worded what I wanted to say about werekill weird

And* like GLG said

Werekill did pretty fine in handling the attention too, I'm not sure how experienced he is but I feel if a scum got that wagon going they might've been a bit squirmy but Werekill just seemed real authentic with his gambit.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's a pretty big difference, and it's a lot more "look at me I'm helpful!" than, like, actually helpful.
If my reasoning just so happens to line up with other people, I'm not just randomly gonna come up with a bogus reason just for the sake of adding content.

That'd be a scummy thing to do.

Huh I don’t remember him there. I was a spectator though so I probably missed it.
I remember because it was praline who had the role and was literally one kill away from winning :laugh:

Top Bottom