• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Omg hes soo good!!!! I should start painting again .... Hmmm lol

Maybe I should draw the mane 6 as the pioneers :p

Ohhh h thats nice of you to do so it's not alot of shipping fee im guessing

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It was in Zajice's sketches he posted a while back. It is mad adorb's. Especially Fluttershy's pose. Pikachu was the flavor to the cake batter mix.

Dunno, maybe there's some rule about having 6 elements in a harmonious-based team of "heroes".
yeah, theres also the mighty morphin power ranger, the 5 main ones + white/green ranger

speaking of which, anyone remember tommy from power rangers?
yeah he's now a cage fighter

expecting to be reported for lack of pony in my post

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
automatic has a point the mane 6 are like captain planet :o golly thats freaking awesome I wonder if one of the writers also did captain planet o.O

Kwame (Earth)=AppleJack
Wheeler (Fire)=Rarity
Linka(Wind)= Rainbow Dash
Gi(Water)=Pinkie Pie
Ma-Ti(Heart)= Fluttershy
Captain Planet= Twilight
Gaia=Princess Celestia

What do you guys think o.O??
Close, but no cigar.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't think I was in the wrong.

The "boring" was in context of pony pictures, and the other thing was a passing joke on why a specific person likely won't take pony commissions.

But I get things are pretty touchy right now, so I apologize.

Anyway, other picture.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Dash abused Scoot's overwhelming fanaticism of offering to do something for Dash.

What horrid way to throw down an apple core to the ground, then tell Scootaloo to "take out the trash."

For something so low, Scootaloo happily did so.
ABUSE.

At least that's how I see it.

yeah, theres also the mighty morphin power ranger, the 5 main ones + white/green ranger

expecting to be reported for lack of pony in my post
Ugh this one I can't decide, it's tries to add to my comment about the harmony of 6 in relation to the Elements of Harmony.
Tommy is pushing it-- Now Tom the rock in the cage fights for Rarity.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nono, i meant all the images of scoot being beaten, bloody and bruised. normally while crying
i mean wtf gaiz
plus it makes me feel sad :(

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, it was because somebody asked Lauren Faust if Scootaloo would have a sister (mentioning it'd probably be Dash). She responded saying no, and that "Dash didn't seem like somebody who would treat a sibling very well."

People latched onto it and scootabuse was born.

The apple thing came in a much later episode.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i see
god damnit pony community, stop reading too far into things.
oh by the way, are we going to have a pony evening or something at apex?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Tried sketching and doodling pony today during class to kill some time.
My mind eventually degraded to drawing one stick figure removing and eating the brain of another. His head then turned into a brain.
I lol'd.

Very little pony content, and none that was good. I ragequit drawing, lol.
Writing is so much better for me. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Work on pony fic Scars on paper during class a la (JK Rowling was it?)

=

Oh I forgot about that Faust reply. Dash's personality too much evidence.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was actually gonna work on Scars in class.

Only problem is that all of my classes have no more than 12 people in them, and it's hard to NOT get caught doing something else.

A lot of Chapter 2 and 3 content WERE done during classes and training for my last job earlier in the year, though, and I'm towards the back end of the classroom in two of my classes. The only problem is that 80% of my classes that I HAVE that chance to write in also happen to be interesting as HELL. My mind's been blown TWICE today already. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Trying to understand Scootabuse is like trying to understand Sweetie Poo, or Futashy.
Which both I (Sadly) know how it came to be.

Also Fleshy sad Pinkamena is Fleshy.
Oh look, another terrible edit!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Is being right mainstream now too, Speltser?

@auto: I love his stuff. Whenever I'd draw stuff back in elementary and into highschool, my style was always parallel with his own.
Problem I have with drawing pony is that it just takes waaaay too long to draw. :applejack:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah, i'm probably just too underground for this new fad of hating the higher-ups for doing their job.

Mic's message was heard, so he left the thread before he deteriorated the subject of the discussion even more.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hipsters have been mainstream.
Clicked the link, then exited as soon as possible.
*shudders*
Not a big fan of brony singing content.

@Spelt: Reported. :applejack:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Anyone ever have an encounter with a real life brony approaching you? This awkward kid spots my shirt, waddles up and says "You're awesome. Bro whoof?"

I wanted to be like "**** yeah" but it was just too weird.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No, but I've seen them around.
I'd probably brohoof, though, because any bystanders will assume that it's just a fistbump.

That, and most of them won't care for more than one minute anyways, and you'll probably never see them again. That's the magic of society. :applejack:

john!

Smash Hero
Anyone ever have an encounter with a real life brony approaching you? This awkward kid spots my shirt, waddles up and says "You're awesome. Bro whoof?"

I wanted to be like "**** yeah" but it was just too weird.
it sounds kind of bad, but this is why i don't have any pony shirts. afraid of weird encounters.

edit: i don't understand why people think don hertzfeldt's stuff is on the same level of high quality cinema.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've had people go "wow, you like ponies!?" and "wow... you like ponies...?" when they see me doodling in class.

Not many though.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord

Good afternoon everypony! And for anyone that questions why the show is good, in simple terms,

It's extremely well animated: Flash has always been infamous for it's less-than-stellar use in modern animation, and when I first watched it, I expected more of the same cut-and-paste, flat, boring animation. What I got instead was quite astounding. Lush, detailed, original artwork, every episode (heck, every frame) getting the attention it deserves. In one episode, the animators were to create a scene where a massive explosion of light is created by a pony far in the distance. Rather than taking the ordinary route of cutting corners and simply showing the distant explosion, the animators drew in, for a single frame, the image of the pony as they were flying at incredible speeds. It was unnecessary, quick and nearly unnoticeable, but all the little touches like that (there are many of them) help raise the show to a new level of quality not often seen in animation, let alone a show made for children.
The writing is incredible: As a writer all my life, I could never stand a bad script. Childrens shows never hooked me partially because their writing was formulaic, lazy and repetitious. It spoke down to the audience (Dora, anyone?) and the jokes, if present at all, were silly and meaningless. Every episode, every week, followed a strict formula and shoved messages down your throat. Certain cartoons have stood the test of time partially because of their writing, including gems like Dexter's Lab, which many adults enjoyed as much as their kids. FIM is one of these gems (no pun intended). The writers obviously care about the quality of the show, and the dialogue is natural, interesting, and speaks on even terms with the audience: They don't treat the audience like idiots, but rather, equals. The humor is quite hilarious, and there are jokes for everyone: The slapstick laughs of The Three Stooges, the quick-wit dialogue of Dexter's Lab and Spongebob Squarepants (without ever descending into rudeness or, God Forbid, toilet humor) and the deeply layered jokes not often seen outside of adult comedy, the kind that you only notice the second time, and chuckle at while your children innocently stare. ("The punch has been...spiked!") A large part of the appeal of the show is it's feel-good nature, which is rarely seen in today's cynical society. The messages behind every episode are relevant to everyone (sometimes I feel adults need them more than the intended audience), and are never shoved down your throat. The messages are derived from the plot, not the other way around. You don't see light messages like "Sharing is Caring" and "Never tell a fib!" but rather, deeper ones such as "Never lose faith in your friends. They can be an amazing source of strength, and can help you overcome even your greatest fears." Now THAT'S a message.
The voice acting...impeccable: In the animation field (at least in children's television) you don't often see really incredible voice actors. Many are rather cookie cutter: You couldn't pick the voice out of a crowd, and even if the lead character has a wonderful voice actor or actress, the supporting characters all sound the same and show no real emotion. In Friendship is Magic, every cast member gives their all to every performance. With a cast consisting of the incredible, talented Tara Strong, the wonderful Ashleigh Ball (who is one of the greatest singers I've ever seen in the animation field, ever), the underappreciated Andrea Eva Libman (who plays both the loudest and softest-spoken characters on the show, equally brilliantly) and the famed Tabitha St. Germain, you simply can't go wrong. The voices are all perfectly fit for the characters, and never once do you question the reality and sincerity of the voices you hear from the screen.
The characters are hilarious and multilayered: As I've said before, television is quite repetitive. Nearly all child-oriented animation is bland, particularly in this category. The characters only serve to move the "plot" forward, possessing whatever flaw needs to be utelized to present the lesson-of-the-day. In FIM, the cast is diverse, interesting, relatable and each member has a distinct, consistant personality. From the introverted but incredibly intellegent and loyal Twilight Sparkle, to the hardworking, family-oriented and honest Applejack; from the excitable party pony with a good heart and inner demons, Pinkie Pie, to the quiet, shy, kind and inwardly courageous Fluttershy; from the outward diva with a great taste in fashion and incredible inner strength and deepness, Rarity, to the overly confident, athletic, strong willed Pegasus with hidden insecurities, Rainbow Dash. The fact that, in that long summary, I only scratched the surface of the characters and their traits goes to show that the characters were created with care, not to deliver a cookie-cutter message but to make the viewer think, laugh and enjoy every episode.
The music is really, really catchy: As a brother to two very young children and a musician, I can tell you that the music on their favorite children shows drives me utterly insane. It's repetitious, obnoxious, loud and is, quite frankly, an insult to the art of music and the rules thereof. My Little Pony's music, created by Daniel Ingram, is always an utter pleasure to listen to. It's catchy, well written, and draws influence from greats like Sondheim. Even though it's been months since I first heard "Winter Wrap Up" I frequently find myself whistling the tune aloud, much to the chagrine of my parents. Best of all, it doesn't end with the show: If you go online, you'll find endless remixes and songs inspired by FiM. Many are some of the highest quality tunes I've ever heard on the Internet. Which brings me to my last point...
The Community is wonderful: As has been mentioned by others, the community is amazing. While there are some who are a bit more obsessed with the ponies than I think healthy, the overall fanbase is kind, fun, thoughtful, clever and talented. I've always hated Fanfictions, but even I have picked up and enjoyed a few in this fanbase. As mentioned, the music is phenomenal, and the art is also exceptional. Many of the pieces have inspired me to improve my own work. After a hard day of cynicism and cold attitudes, it's refreshing to come online and chill with everyone in the FiM community. I mean, you can't go wrong with a slogan like "Love and Tolerance", can you?
To sum it all up: My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic is mercifilly completely unlike it's predecessors in all but name. It is innocent, interesting, well written, an island in an ocean of crappy shows and low standards and, best of all, extremely entertaining. Don't let the surface stuff fool you: You can never judge a book by it's cover; particularly when it's a show, particularly when it's a show created by the incredible Lauren Faust, and most particularly of all, when it's a show created by the incredible Lauren Faust about f***ing ponies! Well, thus ends my rant. Thanks for listening in. Love and Tolerance, everyone!
TL;DR: Friendship is Magic=Awesomesauce

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I've had people go "wow, you like ponies!?" and "wow... you like ponies...?" when they see me doodling in class.

Not many though.
ive had similar reactions during my last tournament where i wore my modern warmare 3 t-shirt.
from one of my friends saying: why would you do this G~P, i thought you were a cool guy! (guy was kidding, but you could tell he was dissapoint) to another one saying literally minutes afterwards: 'G~P that shirt has COD and Ponies together, dear god its the greatest shirt to ever exist'

barrel of laughs were had, also my mum-beign a teacher-calls out students on bronyism whenver she hears one make a pony reference XD

I've had 1 brony encounter before. I had my door open and this 1 girl noticed my Canterlot comforter. I think the most I remember her saying was brohoof and then she left. Then there was this group of 3 girls that my roommate was showing off our room (his side of the room) to and they loved how my I love ponies. I don't think they even know anything about the brony fanbase

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Even for the spread of FiM through internets, many still not know of its existence.
For a populated university, I have yet to encounter a fellow brony, let alone anyone noticing my pony sketches and Twilight shirts. That or everyone just keeps to themselves.

=

GP, by Rainbow Dash having the "my hair is bacon" pose
Is this the right reference?

Edit: I just realized. That dress. Isn't that the same one Twilight asked Rarity to fix in Suited for Success?
In which that case, Twilight should've already had it, yet Rarity has it and dresses her up in it in the first episode?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Even for the spread of FiM through internets, many still not know of its existence.
For a populated university, I have yet to encounter a fellow brony, let alone anyone noticing my pony sketches and Twilight shirts. That or everyone just keeps to themselves.

=

GP, by Rainbow Dash having the "my hair is bacon" pose
Is this the right reference?

Edit: I just realized. That dress. Isn't that the same one Twilight asked Rarity to fix in Suited for Success?
In which that case, Twilight should've already had it, yet Rarity has it and dresses her up in it in the first episode?
yes, that is the correct image. for a version not tainted by words, go to first episode, its when twilight meets rarity.
and thats the first episode. so-canonically-twilight could have decided she liked that dress and bought it off her, then needed it to be repaired during the time of suited for success
yay theorycrafting!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
As Moderators go, I like [ЯVR] aisight more than Dr. Peepee right now.

S Tier mod for sure.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My SWF is pretty wonky right now too. A bunch of the graphics on the site are missing.

Also, I've been called a homosexual for liking ponies by my own family. Nothing anyone else can say could be worse.
lol. :applejack:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh yeah, family. dad still hates it but what can i say? my computer screen has 4 pony toys surounding it, his opinion is invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom