• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I seemed to have missed plushie talk lol I have a Fluttershy and Sunset Shimmer Plushies :3

Is there any information about the next EGs movie?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rainbow Dash Presents is one of the best things to come from the fandom. Mentally Advanced too. Flimflamphilosophy's a funny guy all around really.
I seemed to have missed plushie talk lol I have a Fluttershy and Sunset Shimmer Plushies :3

Is there any information about the next EGs movie?
I dunno about EG4, but an actual theater movie with actual ponies is in the works for 2017.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of most of the fan-work people make as far as video content goes. Only ones I've enjoyed are Turnabout Storm, and shorter pieces like these:

Oh, and of course Cinemare Sins.

I don't think any of the other stuff is "bad," mind you. Just not for me.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Rainbow Dash Presents is one of the best things to come from the fandom. Mentally Advanced too. Flimflamphilosophy's a funny guy all around really.

I dunno about EG4, but an actual theater movie with actual ponies is in the works for 2017.
I've known about the 2017 movie for a while lol. I hope that Baconmane Shimmer will be in it though :lol:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm hoping that, because it's a separate entity from the show, it can bump up a bit past the Y rating and get a little more heavy.

Any news on EQG is just rumor though. Personally not a huge fan of it, mostly because it holds Sunset hostage and we never get to see her pretty pony self, but I'd still watch a new one.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of most of the fan-work people make as far as video content goes. Only ones I've enjoyed are Turnabout Storm, and shorter pieces like these:

Oh, and of course Cinemare Sins.

I don't think any of the other stuff is "bad," mind you. Just not for me.
I will stab anyone who doesn't like Two Best Sisters.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I hope there's not the case.. I want to see Sunset Shimmer being a pony again :c

Also not sure if confirmed but Bronycon may not be adding any more guests for this year..

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bruh I will upgrade that knifing into a shooting, but it will be a gun that shoots knives so it's like a stabby shooting. It's barely at all about LPs, it's more like ponies inside the vidya game.

me rn

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm not surprised by his shallow tastes tbh.
Turnabout Storm was awful and I've already ranted about that piece of crap at length. Cinemare Sins is a shameless rip that's only half as enjoyable as the content its based off of.
The fact that he didn't mention Lullaby for a Princess, Children of the Night, anything Flufflepuff related, anything from SFS Animations, Alligator Tub Studios, Deleted Pony Videos, Animated James, InkPotts, or even friggen Jhaller's content is just tilting. I could name channels all day.

FlimFlam's work is amazing and well developed, but it's the subtext that absolutely gets me in everything he does. Not to mention that it's all canonical to his FFverse of the characters from the show for the most part. That's just another reason why I love it over the other abridged shows. They lack a lot of that subtext that's so ridiculously fleshed out in FF's content.

:applejack:

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, Cinemare Sins is a'ight. I appreciate that such a parody exists even if I don't watch it religiously. I still dunno anything about Turnabout to comment on it though. A lot of those channels you listed have the silly small videos though, which William said he likes. I love "A Colt Classic" that he linked before. Will, you should peruse more fan videos! You'd be surprised what you find. So many gems. Gems like this.

Or this.

Or this.

I chose these all at random and they somehow all have Lyra.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
The fact that he didn't mention Lullaby for a Princess, Children of the Night, anything Flufflepuff related, anything from SFS Animations, Alligator Tub Studios, Deleted Pony Videos, Animated James, InkPotts, or even friggen Jhaller's content is just tilting. I could name channels all day.
Lullaby for a Princess/Children of the Night are good, but I don't really like musical pieces like those very much (by extension I don't like most of the songs in the show either, "I'll Fly" being one of the few exceptions). Flufflepuff I've enjoyed, specifically the ones involving Dan; also the reason I started watching Dan Vs (why did they cancel that :( ). Never heard of the other stuff you mentioned.

...please don't hurt me for the last sentence, my media knowledge in general is lacking :facepalm:

Eh, Cinemare Sins is a'ight. I appreciate that such a parody exists even if I don't watch it religiously. I still dunno anything about Turnabout to comment on it though. A lot of those channels you listed have the silly small videos though, which William said he likes. I love "A Colt Classic" that he linked before. Will, you should peruse more fan videos! You'd be surprised what you find. So many gems. Gems like this.

I chose these all at random and they somehow all have Lyra.
I'll check those out then. :)

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I loved the Lullaby for a Princess music videos with Celestia's being the best one :lol:
One of my friends had been sending me some of the Deleted scenes when they came up
Here's my favorite Deleted scenes episode lol (though I found this one before my friend did :lol:)

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Welp, everyone seems to be showing fandom vids they liked, so I figured I'd chip in because my gosh do I LOVE most of the Fan Content.

You should watch all of Viva's videos. Here's one of my favorites of his:

Shorter but fun video:

I don't watch too many PMVs but I really liked this one:

And then of course there is all of Animated James' stuff that is awesome.

And this guy, AlStiff makes some incredible animations.

AND THEN OMIGOSH THIS! WATCH THIS PLEASE! 2013 was the year I really got into the fandom (Not the show, long story), so this is probably one of my favourite videos ever.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Funny enough I was bored and reading up on the turnabout drama in here that happened 10ish pages back.

Now relevant to add this old vid in my favorites here since it's being discussed again. Nice Coincidence.

Anyways, only pony vids I like is YTP and I guess two songs from the old fighting is magic game which I have in my faves thankfully since the guy had to put all that music on private.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Brodyquest parodies will make me smile until the day I die.

Honestly, I have hundreds upon hundreds of pone videos I love. I gotta space 'em out a little.

But I would like to take a moment to shill my new favorite person to you guys and his funny ass 'reviews' of episodes. Poor guy gets criminally low views (less than a thousand!) and he needs some exposure.

In other news:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/my-little-pony-movie-debuts-904581

October 6th, 2017 confirmed!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
That beat it video reminds me that Gabriel Brown and Michelle Creber are both going to be at Bronycon lol iirc they'll be playing a few songs as well.. maybe Ashleigh Ball will do some songs with her band as well :lol:
If anyone wants to know who all is going
Tara Strong, Andrea Libman, Ashleigh Ball, Tabitha St. Germain, Michelle Creber, Ingrid Nelson, Chiara Zanni (Daring Do and A.K. Yearling), M.A. Larson, Dave Polskey, Jeremy Whitley, Tony Fleecs, Sara Richard, Andy Price, Jenn Blake, Jayson Thiessen, G.M Berrow, and Gabriel Brown

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That beat it video reminds me that Gabriel Brown and Michelle Creber are both going to be at Bronycon lol iirc they'll be playing a few songs as well.. maybe Ashleigh Ball will do some songs with her band as well :lol:
If anyone wants to know who all is going
Tara Strong, Andrea Libman, Ashleigh Ball, Tabitha St. Germain, Michelle Creber, Ingrid Nelson, Chiara Zanni (Daring Do and A.K. Yearling), M.A. Larson, Dave Polskey, Jeremy Whitley, Tony Fleecs, Sara Richard, Andy Price, Jenn Blake, Jayson Thiessen, G.M Berrow, and Gabriel Brown
Did you say Daring Do?

But I don't understand. Who the hell is Gabriel Brown, and what the **** does he have to do with MLP?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Initially he is famous in the fandom. He hangs out and is featured in a lot of Michelle Crebber's off-show works social media pics and as mentioned before, finally does a small bit in the show. -- Before clicking the wikia link to BlackGryph-n . . .

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Two Best Sisters was amazing. I met 2Snacks at EFNW, and he says he's gonna try and get some more stuff out there soon. I can only hope.

BlackGryphon is...odd.

I desperately need to attend a con with Andy Price. Dude is amazing.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I met 2Snacks at EFNW, and he says he's gonna try and get some more stuff out there soon. I can only hope.
Aaaaaaaaah.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Don't play with my heart, 2snacks is my favorite.

Also I really want him to put out his 3d models.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah he would. He's holding with all your strings like a puppet in suspension.:applejack:

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shining Armor is the most consistently cringe-worthy pony.

His face appearing on screen at all just makes me recoil.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Even if I like Pinkie or not, her moments are not cringey and even I can admit there's been a time or two I've thought the whole pinkie side of things was overboard.

But RD cringe moments are just as common and worse, the entire tank hibernation episode was cringe and super autistic lel

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
But RD cringe moments are just as common and worse, the entire tank hibernation episode was cringe and super autistic lel
I didn't see any cringe in that episode. If anything I felt a connection with her during it, as I too have had similar feelings when I had to let go of a pet that was very dear to me.

Plus that ep gave RD her first solo.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I personally hate singing in mlp all together, the first ever song in MLP winter wrap up I think I always had to mute or just tune out and pay attention to something else, which is where most of the Pinkie cringe moments happens for me. Singing.
Same case for the other songs 99.99% of the songs in the last 6 seasons. So RD having a solo made the episode even worse of.

Though that's both of our opinions so I'll be on the boat like everyone else that RD is just a bad character and you can be on your own boat that RD is a fine character.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The only part of cringe for me in Tanks for the Memories was the part where she started crying. I would've been perfectly fine with that scene if the way she was animated there was done....differently. Less over the top, if that makes sense. Kinda ruined what would've otherwise been more relatable part of the episode for me. Every now and then there's that one episode where I don't like what a character does and how they act, but apart from that I like every member of the mane cast. Twilight is the best pony though.

Meanwhile I still cringe at the sight of pretty much every male human in EG and also all of the principals. I've gotten used to some of EG's character designs, but the rest....just don't translate well for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom