• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Episode time.
I could've swore she called Fuzzy Legs the Spider, Crazy Legs. But that blanket shelter looks cozy af.

[Reserved for future edits.]
Edit 1 - Took me a while to realize Spike was a two-headed dragon. Horror stories and Rarity.
Edit 2 - Rarity the Merpony, Candy bags, and THOSE UNINVITED GUESTS. Plsssssss.
Edit 3 - Horse heads, Princess Twi Derpy, Applejack lost another family member, missing link, obligatory Fshy.

Last edited:

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
I'm the kinda guy who patiently waits for a youtube release~

btw I would like to do a shoutout to season 5, thinking back on it, this is the first season since 2 where I don't particularly find myself to bothered by anything throughout it! it has been so solid and great. Shame the show has been in it's lowest viewership since ever because this season is lovely.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Tend to be out of house time to time so I tend to watch a stream instead, but I do prefer Family Discovery.
When TWC isn't down or my dad's yardwork accidentally cutting the cable line multiple times, resulting to use 4G.

I still missed last weeks and only caught the second half. Did I miss too much? I have it stored else where, but still have a lot on my plate with working overtime and family matters over this month.

Today's episode didn't merit too much to have a constant updating post. All Twilight brought was a typical nothing goes according to plan. Fluttershy maybe brought a little better closure to the problem. Moral wasn't too impacting.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
So, what's everyone's thoughts on the "The Mane Attraction?"

Personally, it's probably one of my favorite episodes of the season.

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
Imo it was a great episode and more than necessary after all this mediocre ones we got in the last couple of weeks.
Sadly it was Amy Rogers' last episode, will miss you ):

Last edited:

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
Mediocre? You're insane.
:applejack:
Maybe ;)

Let's take the last 4 episodes before "The mane attraction".

May I ask what was the appeal of those episodes?

1. "Heartbreakers"
Was nice to see Pinkie's sisters, but that's about it.

2. "Scare Master"
The first half felt so forced it wasn't even fun to watch.

3. "What about Discord?"
I never tought I would say this but this Discord episode sucked hard.
Twilight's friends acted so weird, I would have bought the episode if Discord really used some kind of spell on them.

4. "The Hooffields and McColts"
The resolution of this episode was mediocre at best, I mean the saving of the wildlife was the solution for the vendetta?
Really?
Well Twilight's freezing spell was nice though.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So, what's everyone's thoughts on the "The Mane Attraction?"

Personally, it's probably one of my favorite episodes of the season.
Not a big fan of the episode as a whole, but I enjoyed the songs. Even the tearjerker, which I'll admit still felt eerie.

If I had to choose a favorite so far, I think I'd go with Hearthbreakers, Brotherhooves, or maybe the opener.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The new characters in S5 have all had lovely designs. Moondancer is still top waifu material.

This post brought to you by Sunchips.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I will agree the discord episode was cringey though and I found myself browsing the internet to avoid watching it.

Inside jokes, even if people who don't get it, usually are still kinda funny somehow for most things. Like, if we showed a random person on the street the great notorious Black American Dream, they won't know the guy but still probably laugh at the ridiculous music playing while he's dancing and being bathed in (his tears) rain.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Far as the second half of this season goes, I'd say Crusaders of the Lost Mark and our latest episode rank as my two favorites. Hearthbreakers was nice, too. But What About Discord? was just a big load of cringe.

Amending Fences is probably my favorite episode in the whole season, though. Along with it's opener. Speaking of which, the season finale is coming up very soon.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I wanted to believe for a moment that Discord had just upped his game following his run in with Maud/the awkward stand-up. But it all went nowhere. It's a shame.

Memes.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Especially when it's AKR's last episode, she'd have to go all out.
There may be negatives to those past few episodes, but still quite more positive outweighing in liking these episodes.
Except for Hooffields / McColts, that would be the lame duck in the group
What About Discord hit home with the moral, but the some antics were great, but Mane 6 were 'k.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only reason I disliked Hoofields and McColts is because every cartoon ever has done a parody of it.

However it did have Twilight za warudoing.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It wouldn't be able to enter the annals of cartoon history if it didn't, Zaj. :applejack:
Also, disliking that episode means you dislike the sister trio.
That's a sin.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Every reality was well received. Admitted to being out-magicked, a little stingy that the voice of reason took forever rather than out-smarting first. I would've been satisfied with this being a series finale, so they better up the ante for the Season 6 finale.

Mane 7 or back to the village?

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Starlight is gonna be Twilight's Luna, calling it now.

WHEN IS SUNSET COMING BACK?
No, she's going to be the Celestia to Twilight.
The sun is a star. Twilight beckons the moon.
#NightMareTwilight

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or Staright will be Twilight's S1 Twilight.

"Write to me about what you learned on the magic of friendship. All Sunset does is *****."

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
But that could trigger Starlight -- the whole ordeal was because she couldn't cope with somepony being "better than another" [especially when cutie marks are involved]. I'd say Twi is going to treat her as practically an equal.

Sunset is on a mission. And it was only a day's worth of *****-ing when EG Twi came snooping around.
Though it would be nice for Sunset to pop into Equestria and pull Twilight back rather than waiting for Twi to jump in.

XxSmashM4sterxX

Smash Cadet
Serious Question: Who goes to a SUPER SMASH BROS forum website to talk about MLP? Aren't there Reddit subs for that stuff?

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
You could say the same thing for sports and other TV shows in Pool Room / Media Metropolis.
For those who share the same passion for both Smash and MLP. Usually Smash comes first.
And I rather not associate with a certain part of the fandom that tends to be too extreme for comfort.
I'd rather be here with these crazy chill ****s who witness these barren threads.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the one where Sombra is king is good because it means Shining Armor got ****ed on. I'd sacrifice the mane 6's friendship to **** on Shining.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Serious Question: Who goes to a SUPER SMASH BROS forum website to talk about MLP? Aren't there Reddit subs for that stuff?
Believe it or not even back then this site wasn't just Smash bros, there's always been threads for Nintendo Xbox/halo etc.

If I felt like it, I could click the pool room and the blazblue thread to talk about how all the female characters needs more butt floss.

Since you have Hai as your avi though, here's this. http://smashboards.com/threads/leag...guably-cooler-with-nunu-4-26.283410/page-1643

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Countess has rocketed up my favorite poni list. Look at those colors. That hair flip. That outfit. That catchy formulaic pop. Look at that last one with your ears though.

What's everyone's favorite not-mane-character? We all know the best mane pony is
Pinkie Pie
anyway.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Cousins grew up under the Gaga-ism, though I prefer Rara over Countess ego.
Moondancer and Coco can battle it out, and if we also exclude princesses (Luna),
I'd assosiate more with Moondancer-- and her glasses.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You can't ask me my favorite non-mane character. There's too many.
:applejack:

Top Bottom