• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The Tribute Edition is still getting updated, Beros. They just added in a few bosses in April, actually. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, it was REALLY ****ing godlike.
The only rough part was Discord's stand up, but that was intentionally done to enunciate the awkwardness.

My god such a good episode. :applejack:

Oh, another BIG problem with the episode:

No Luna.
Why the hell do they keep ****ting on Luna on these episodes?

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
My heart can't take all these throw backs. Cardboard box with a blurry "The Game" almost made me grimace that it could've been the ILD Comic levels. But at least it wasn't over-saturated as such. Pinkie 4th Wall antics tho. You can't out joke the joke-master Maud. And yes I agree for the Gala, Luna getting screwed over again was a mega let down. PLEASE she's a part of the crew now. Can't be always fixing everyone's dreams.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Lack of Luna was disappointing.

Everything else was pretty much pure gold though. And Celestia to me seemed a lot more full of personality than she is in many episodes, even for the small amount of lines she had.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's because they finally gave her something to say that wasn't stock dialogue. :applejack:

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
"You are the most basic of jokes"
Maud 4 best pony.

Weed pony was a bit 1 dimensional though.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Luna didn't wanna go to a huge gathering first thing in the morning. She hadn't even had her coffee yet.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There were a lot of good jokes and gags in this one.

The Metal Gear reference was a brilliant little surprise but I'm still not sure if I can pick a favorite.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It totally was.
It happened really fast though, so I don't mind. It was over as soon as it happened. :applejack:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
As somebody that fangirls all over Metal Gear, I couldn't care less about how forthcoming it was.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Don't get me wrong, I found it funny all the same. I only feel it should have been more subtle.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Well, I feel a good thing about references is that it makes people who notice them feel pleased that they caught the reference. This effect can be weakened if the reference is very obvious.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Episode was good.

+1 towards the lack of Luna in this episode. The gala is happening during the night, which was way past Celestia's bedtime I might add.

MGS reference was fine, loved Maud's joke, and I quite liked Discord's "Dumb and Dumber" formal swag.

League is fun.
Let's have pony league nights again if people still play outside of SA.
Safe to say I still play every once in a while.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Real talk, that's a good ass episode though. This one's going up in my list of all-time favorites.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's what I've been expecting since the synopsis was leaked awhile back. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
How much jealous I haven't seen in evers Twi was and I can't even Twilight-maned Dash.
Everywhere Pinkie goes, pockets full of big spending.

Edit: A bit off field on trying to associate Gilda's voice with Season 1 when it's not being gruff. I wonder if Marÿke Hendrikse returned to reprise the roll. Also Pinkie advertisement referencing prologue scene.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pinkie and Maud have more in common than previously thought.

Gummy stole the show though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
She could've been replaced by any other character and nothing would've changed.
She didn't steal a damn thing.
Baby Gilda is the only good that came from it being an episode featuring her. :applejack:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Woah, how long has this been here? Nice to see you all again :D

Anyway, Season 5's pretty great so far. I'm loving the worldbuilding with this season. The map that tells the mane 6 where to go spread friendship is really cool, not gonna lie. Also, Gilda's long awaited return was great.

Was Equestria Girls 1 & 2 any good? I never got around to watching those.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
July 26, 2014 , what up Drue, tis long.
I didn't like how they gave young Gilda a typical meek personality for being a gryphon. Should've been as brash considering how she acted around Dash back in Season 1.
EG is a varied opinion. Test the waters to see if you like it or not.
:phone:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
What a waste.
:phone:

What a waste? An episode that promises to expand the horizons of the MLP universe? To build true, canon personalities to some of MLP's most popular subjects?

Giving Derpy her voice back? Giving Dr. Whooves a Voice? Probably Vinyl and maybe even Button Mash? Destroying the LyraBon headcanon?

This episode will be a world-building experience, something that expands our connection to our favorite background characters! To call it a waste is ridiculous!

Furthermore, I feel they'll pull a "Just for Sidekicks" and explain what happened later in the Season.

Top Bottom