• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My friend owns smash brawl (Accepting any questions about game)

demondude

Smash Apprentice
As the title states my friend owns this game, I have played a bit and am going back for some more later!
This is unconceivable awesome being british I won't own the game myself until a while but I'm getting in on the action (even though I cant read the text) and I'm really impressed so far i've only played for about an hour but I'm heading back for some more later.

The purpose of this thread is simple, ask me anything I may not be able to answer in full detail (and We havent unlocked all the characters yet) but I should be able to give some simple answers! So ask me anything and I will answer tthe best I can.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
If Fox hit your ICs with SHDL to shuffled Nair to waveshine to JC up-smash on FD, how would you DI in SSBB compared to SSBM?

Arteen

Smash Lord
Does the C-stick smash in single player? With target test, are there only five courses total, or are the courses on Intense unique to each character (like in 64 and Melee)? Is there still Race to the Finish? How does Stamina (HP) mode work, especially compared to Melee's?

If Fox hit your ICs with SHDL to shuffled Nair to waveshine to JC up-smash in FD, how would you DI in SSBB compared to SSBM?
Hahahaha.

Eagle

Smash Lord
You can't waveshine ;P

What are Toon Link's alternate colours? Does he have blue pjs or is it just normal blue?
Does Lucario have his shiny colour? (Gold in stead of blue)

demondude

Smash Apprentice
What are Toon Link's alternate colours? Does he have blue pjs or is it just normal blue?

Toon link has purple, blue and red (I think he has something else as well) no PJ'S.

Lucario Has got a gold colour but I'm unsure whether that's his shiny suit. (Never played pokemon)

Does the C-stick smash in single player? With target test, are there only five courses total, or are the courses on Intense unique to each character (like in 64 and Melee)? Is there still Race to the Finish? How does Stamina (HP) mode work, especially compared to Melee's?

Stamina mode is the same pretty much but the health goes down slower.
I'll answer the other two after 4:00 I'll make sure we play classic so I can find out.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
B Brawl
U Undermines
M Malicious
P Pelicans
the double post wasnt pretty

we dont need the gamefaqs habits in here..no bumping...

if its falling down the list it isnt that important of a topic....

now what id like to see is an upload of all of wolfs moves. Aerials, regular, tilt, and specials

SmashTim

Smash Rookie
I've got a few..

How about..
What color teams are there to choose from?
What is the maximum number of lives you can have in stock brawl? and
How many pages is the American manual?

Smash Ace
If Fox hit your ICs with SHDL to shuffled Nair to waveshine to JC up-smash on FD, how would you DI in SSBB compared to SSBM?
*laughs*

Using the law in formal logic that a false hypothesis implies anything, I can safely say that, "if Fox hit your ICs with SHDL to shuffled Nair to waveshine to JC up-smash on FD, you would turn into a fish."

:p

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
what are the color options of all the characters,.....now thats what i want to know..

But more specifically; who has light and dark costumes?

demondude

Smash Apprentice
Who did you find the best character?
At first I would say Sonic BUT his attacks are far to weak and in places like Delfino plaza and final destination he loses a lot of his advantage.
We still havent unlocked Falco and captain falcon yet but I think that the best character is actually Marth because he is fast and seems to be heavier then he was in melee. His final smash is powerful and he can pull off some good combos.

can you choose the amount of stamina in stamina mode or is it always 150 like in Melee?
You can change it this time around.

demondude

Smash Apprentice
what are the color options of all the characters,.....now thats what i want to know..

But more specifically; who has light and dark costumes?
I need more play time to answer that in full but I do know some of the good alternate costumes.

Lucas Has an awesome Claus costume and the rest are just hair and T-shirt changes.

Link has his different coloured tunics.

Luigi has a Waluigi outfit which is cool!

Jigglypuff still has his Bandana/ribbon/crown combo.

Thats what I can remember at least I'll get back to you with more later on.

Plus zelda/Link/Wario and Donkey kong and Pit have dark outfits some others may do as well.

1 hour until I go to my friends house I'm excited!!!

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
spacing is always important...that was the best thing about dash dancing and wave dashing

spacing techniques will most likely be the first ones to unsurface

Lucas Has an awesome Claus costume and the rest are just hair and T-shirt changes.
oh thats awesome much appreciated! cant wait to don the claus helmet :p

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
Question;
if you were playing brawl with your friend (both had a controller), could you do Wi Fi anyone matches and you are both playing (with other randoms)?

Son Saku

Smash Apprentice

Toon link has purple, blue and red (I think he has something else as well) no PJ'S.

Lucario Has got a gold colour but I'm unsure whether that's his shiny suit. (Never played pokemon)

Stamina mode is the same pretty much but the health goes down slower.
I'll answer the other two after 4:00 I'll make sure we play classic so I can find out.
Toon Link's other costumes are Dark Toon Link and A Link to The Past colours(brown hair and green tunic).
Lucario doesn't have a shiny costume! His colours are standart, reddish blue, greenish blue, dark blue and silver.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
Oh btw; how do you change your chars costume? and How do you start with shiek, instead of zelda.?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does chaingrabbing still work? Is l-canceling still in the game? shine canceling?
1) Most grabs have been changed. The majority of grabs can't even be comboed from, much less chaingrabbed from.
2) L-cancelling is gone.
3) I believe shine-cancelling is still in, just different.

demondude

Smash Apprentice
Question;
if you were playing brawl with your friend (both had a controller), could you do Wi Fi anyone matches and you are both playing (with other randoms)?
Not sure what you mean you can play wi-fi matches with someone playing on the same console as you.

Can you change your charizard's color to black?:bee:
I'm writing all the things i'm not sure of on a notepad I THINK you can but I'll double check for you.

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
if you are good at melee do you still have that level of skill aginst people you play or does the game level out the whole skill level? My friend is saying how brawl is now noob-friendly that he's gonna beat me everytime :S
Aslo can you smash with C-Stick in single player?

Anti-

Smash Rookie
Do you know what G&W's alternate colors are? Oh, and what is G&W's Nair like? Thanks!

demondude

Smash Apprentice
if you are good at melee do you still have that level of skill aginst people you play or does the game level out the whole skill level? My friend is saying how brawl is now noob-friendly that he's gonna beat me everytime :S
It helps a little but with more assist trophys, Items and Pokeballs it takes some getting used too.
Plus I found the game harder in some aspects.

And if you want to prove to him its not noob friendly practise with sonic, you can kick his *** without being touched if your good enough with him.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
You can choose which one to play as before the match starts
Awesome thanks, do you know which buttons to press (normal gamecube controller) to change costumes and to change starting player for zelda/shiek?

And starting in ZSS is holding 'R' after slecting samus?

antimatter

Smash Lord
its the shield button.
metroid related question: i know kanden is a sticker, and trace and spire are rumored to be assist trophies. so my question is, what is the representation for the other hunters in brawl, specificly sylux?

demondude

Smash Apprentice
Awesome thanks, do you know which buttons to press (normal gamecube controller) to change costumes and to change starting player for zelda/shiek?

And starting in ZSS is holding 'R' after slecting samus?
Yep holding down R on the gamecube controller means that when you start the match with samus she will be ZZS and her armour will be on the floor.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
awesome thanks.
i actually prefer the look of ZSS' moveset better than Samus
=]

Thanks. Goodnight all (Late here)

demondude

Smash Apprentice
its the shield button.
metroid related question: i know kanden is a sticker, and trace and spire are rumored to be assist trophies. so my question is, what is the representation for the other hunters in brawl, specificly sylux?
Thats a tough one It's in my note book I'll have a look but I think he might be a trophy.

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
When you go, can you try playing as Pikmin & Olimar for a bit? I just wanted to get some impressions about them.

Also, can you see if you can still chaingrab with DeDeDe? It was used at the demo with this method:

grab, down throw, dashgrab, downthrow, dashgrab, downthrow, etc.

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
What are your first hand experiances with Ike in 1v1 combat? Do you think its possible to beat a character like Toon Link or Sonic?

What are all the new items in SSBB?

What are Marth's alternate colours?

demondude

Smash Apprentice
When you go, can you try playing as Pikmin & Olimar for a bit? I just wanted to get some impressions about them.

Also, can you see if you can still chaingrab with DeDeDe? It was used at the demo with this method:

grab, down throw, dashgrab, downthrow, dashgrab, downthrow, etc.
Okay.

I'm leaving now I'll be back soon try not to bomabrd me with to many questions while I'm gone. :laugh:

See ya soon.

Top Bottom