• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Friend Needs Help

Emerald CHA0S

Smash Rookie
Hello Sonic mains, you might not know me, but I know all of you. (I've been lurking here for about a year now so.......)

Anyways, I play constantly with one of my friends, since they're one of the few people who play Smash near me.

BUT, I'm winning 90% of the time with Sonic it's really starting to annoy him.

He's looking into maining Wolf, I have trouble giving him hints myself because after I give him the hints I then know what to look out for.

So, any advice you can give him? (I'd put up videos of our matches but I can't) I'll give more details of our playstyles if necessary.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Honestly, if you beat your friends 90% of the time, which everyone has, they're never gonna get any better. It's cause they don't know how to shield unless you tell them "shield more" then they'll shield more for 2 matches. They go back to bad habits, D-air with Toon Link when he's above me, too much F-smash Luigi, etc. Just play them, win, play some more online, get opponents who are worthy.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Tell him to visit our boards and to read the stickies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
needs moar lazor spam,

and he will only get better if he truly wants to, if he gets mad that you beat him, but doesnt do anything about it, than continue the beatings until morale improves

and if you want to be simple, tell him to back air when in the air, forward smash when they are at mid range, and down smash at close range, and spam lazor at long range, and if he he thinks hes goign to get hit, hit down b right before he gets hit,

thats teh beginners guide to wolf, hes basically my second so trust me on that.

Jededi4h

Smash Cadet
needs moar lazor spam,

and if you want to be simple, tell him to back air when in the air, forward smash when they are at mid range, and down smash at close range, and spam lazor at long range, and if he he thinks hes goign to get hit, hit down b right before he gets hit,

thats teh beginners guide to wolf, hes basically my second so trust me on that.
Cripes! I read something like that and I'm forced to remember how much easier it is to play most characters who are not Sonic. Some days that makes me happy, most a little sad...

Top Bottom