• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Fellow Hedgehogs...!

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
So awhile ago i made this post..

"Good ****. But only a few Sonics here take stuff seriously. They talk about getting better but hold out with the rest. As a Scourge i talk to all other Scourges and make sure we're getting it in. Kinzer did mess up vs that MK. But i believe next time he will learn from his mistakes and win.

I'm still not sure what X is doing but we need more videos of his Sonic. I need to see how he plays and maybe i could fix some gaps in my own playstyle. There are alot of good Sonics but the only great Sonic who places so consistently doesnt even post up vids. So no one is getting that better. And Shugo just gave up on the character entirely. Its all falco MK now.

We all need more videos. Like all of us. Win or Lose. Even myself. We only have the same people posting vids over and over. We're too busy clowning around all the time. IF we could get all the sonics in one place. And just go through each of the names there and watch through the matches. We could get something going. The problem is this community may be fun to be apart of but when it comes to getting better its not that Solid. And with the death of the Xat we really have no place to go to all talk and compare playstyles and get better together. I believe there should be a new Xat made that should only be member allowed so we dont get the random spammers. Because Bluesteak is not a Sonic Xat anymore. And no one will ever go back.

P.S. OR we could all get on aim but we wouldnt be able to watch the matches together"

And I've been thinking more on that. I feel its time to bring birth to a new Xat FOR Sonic Mains to watch videos and critic each other in a faster environment than the boards. Lets be honest. Xat is one of the best things you can use when it comes to communities like this. It would be easier to talk about videos. How to play Match ups. etc. First hand with whoever needs help. With the death of Bluesteak I feel like the community kinda stretched out...I may be rambling but you cant tell me when Bluesteak was all Sonic territory that we didnt get things done when we had a plan in there. Much easier for everyone to watch a match at one time and note on things. And much easier to have conversations about various things. And it brought us all together abit more because it was a hang out for Sonics. Ofc this was way before the Robotnik invasion. Roboticizing (Re-Bc'ing over our vids) our Broadcast player and causing many of our hedgehogs to leave in fear.

But dark times are over. I made a vow a new Xat would be Found. But with a new Xat would come to news to make sure it is a Sonic Xat and not a "Let me come in and take this place over like the old one and then kill it." Before i go any further i just want to know if anyone is down with this. I already got the Xat up. Go take a look at it

Xat.com/lessthanthree

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Double Post I know but needs to be said.

Maybe we could have certain dates to go in the Xat. Like every other week to get in like. Weekly Critics or something if we all have new vids. I think it would help everyone. But I'm going out on a limb here. I honestly just hate typing and trying to help someone on the boards. I'd rather talk in a faster environment.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wouldn't mind something like this.

However, we still need to maintain discussion in the Video Thread as well. Sometimes it's better to have advice and knowledge archived in a post than to just have it wash away in the Xat box.

I wouldn't be able to attend each and every time, but I'll try to do so whenever possible.

And sucks to you, Scourge. I post up my own videos whenever they're uploaded.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can't right now. I'm at school. lol.

I might be up for it a little later tonight, sometime around 8 or 9PM central.

Also, I lol'd when I looked at this thread from my User CP subscriptions, and it said 3 replies, and 0 views.
Too fast for SWF.

Trent

Smash Champion
SWF's too slow.

I'd also be game for the new Xat. The one time I posted a video in BlueSteak I got a lot of helpful advise on the fly, for instance I would do something wrong, and people would post "Don't do this, do this instead" and I would know what they're talking about because I just saw it.

I won't be able to go into the room today or tonight due to work/school, but I'll definately hop in there if we get a routine plan going.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Are crappy wifi only Sonic’s allowed? D:

Great idea Shado :D although if the Xat is for the likes of helping each other and discussing on how to play match ups, wouldn’t you guys be better with the Steak Break Room (or having another Sonic related Social Group)?

As Espy already mentioned, some of the threads need to be maintained and useful replies might get washed away during the conversations. (Unless of course, you can save conversations in the Xat like with MSN, I don’t know if you can do that with Xat though since I don’t go on any Xat chats at all)

With the Steak Break Room (or maybe another Sonic related Social Group), your posts are safe and you can just copy/paste them back on the thread. Problem is, I know you can’t embed the video in a social group which I’m guessing is the major turn-off for everyone, unlike the Xat. (Unless you can pester Chis all the time to do it? Lol)

You’re also gonna be needing all the Sonic’s there at the same time for them to critique each other’s video.
Also, what’s with the name? Lol. lessthanthree <3 o.o?

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Legit name. And why not post your video in both Xat and boards? It shouldn't be that much of a hassle really. IF it becomes a problem we'll find a way around it. ya digg?

Kupo Rose

But it's not a Sonic'y themed name.

Lol, I thought posting in the video thread for critique and in the Xat would be common sense. x.x

My problem was, keeping the useful info. >.<

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
The name is good enough Troll. The back ground screams Green Hill Zone. But if it means anything. Everything said in Xat can be transferred over to here. It shouldn't be hassle. Dont make things harder than it should be. Ya digg?

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Font color *****? Anyway, i'll be there.

And Sonikupo, that first sentence about you saying crappy wifi Sonic's being allowed is no good. Lessthanthree...i remember i went there and a certain someone banned me. <3

But yeah, we need vids up. I think all Pound matches( that were recorded) are being uploaded as we speak.

Kupo Rose

Everything said in Xat can be transferred over to here.
That's all you needed to say when you first replied lol. I did mention I know nothing of how to use Xat. I'm a troll? :o That's a first o.o

@Speed: Use this colour please, lol.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I support this Xat and I will come here often.
(if I'm allowed as a non-Sonic main, just a loluser)
same... although maybe not "often"

if nothing else, just to observe.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Yeah, certain times should be dedicated just to watching, and reviewing Brawl matches. Don't even really have to include Sonic all of the time. Just as long as it's on topic with the goal of the Xat. That way, people will better understand to not stroll into the chat, and BC some random video over someones set.

Trent

Smash Champion
Only give mod rights or whatever to people you KNOW are from the Sonic boards that will stay on task. Don't toss out Mod to everyone or we'll have another repeat of Bluesteak.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well this seems cute.

It's a shame I'm not active :/

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Look who's talkin' man! haha

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
The Xat is going fine so far. Also if you see anyone from bluesteak that doesn't main sonic nor get active on the boards. You have the right to permaban them. I'm serious. Not tryna **** around. Xats are mad important. Let's not send this one to hell aswell

Trillion

Smash Ace
I'll come around more on the xat. I haven't been uploading vids since my old laptop broke and my new one uses vista that isnt compatible with my old capture card (gay). And I haven't been posting as much because I feel like the board has been pretty much nazi-fied. (No making any sort of new topic because we have a parent thread for everything, it's pretty ridiculous). But, I'd def. be more active in the xat.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I'll be there as usual i need to start getting back into the scene. I miss The good times of Packed xats filled with sonic's. It was becuz no one went into xat anymore that i stopped keeping in touch with all you guys. But i'm all for bringing it back i miss seeing streamed tourney's and sonic's owning ppl in hilarious vids.

BSP

Smash Legend
I probably won't be in the chat much, but I'll try to put up some more vids.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'll come around more on the xat. I haven't been uploading vids since my old laptop broke and my new one uses vista that isnt compatible with my old capture card (gay). And I haven't been posting as much because I feel like the board has been pretty much nazi-fied. (No making any sort of new topic because we have a parent thread for everything, it's pretty ridiculous). But, I'd def. be more active in the xat.
That's the moderation for ya~...

Anyway, I haven't seen ya 'round in forever man! Anyway, if you need any videos/replays uploaded, just send them my way. I finally managed to get my own Pinnacle Dazzle.

Also you live in Missouri... what's there to see? I want to make a trip there when Summer Vacation comes around, so far I only have the Gateway Arch and a Six Flags park in/near Eureka... I haven't been able to find much else, unfortunately. :/

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Why is this XAT dead? I want to come and laugh at Scourge and Trent's Sonic's.

Don't ban me because I'm not black. I used to cook a good steak I just grew tired of the taste.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Klonoa avatar ftw.

Coincidentally I just got around to beating the Wii game today, hahaha

infomon

Smash Scientist
I GUESS people dont know i still play lol its all good though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48oxjfD2Gfc
you're too slow :p

lol @ thinking we haven't all already watched/critiqued that vid

but I just noticed.... at 2:54 what the heck happens there? You SDR into his.... shield.... and then just run away??? did it clash with something; if so, what?

Edit: and yeah, that last 0-death on the falco was amazing.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Yeeeaaah Shado, your idea of us going back to the good old chatroom days is kinda not working out as you planned. No ones hardly in there. it has about the same amount of visitors as Bluesteak had and maybe just a bit more. But if you really want your suggestion to go back to the xat become a reality it'd be nice if you were there to reinforce it. Becuz going in theres a waste of time if i can talk to no one . :(

Top Bottom