• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MW Hall of Fame!?

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Haha...first time in the MW forum in years and this is one of the recent topics. I approve of this thread.

Though, really, it should be a much shorter acceptance list. I'd probably go with something like this if we could pull down 20-30 voters:

Players
-Minimum of 2 players accepted per year (perhaps increased to 3 or 4 for the first ballot only)
-Player must have won at least 1 Midwest regional tournament or placed in Top 5 of a national tournament (150+ in attendance) to be eligible
-From the "eligible" list, players can be nominated and seconded by an eligible voter, but each voter can only nominate one player and can only second one player. Any player that they nominate (but not second) must be on their final ballot.

Contributors
One contributor (TO, crew, videos, writer, hospitality, any other non-gameplay contribution) will be chosen per year only, chosen by most votes. Each voter may ONLY nominate or second a person or crew into this category.

Voters
-Must have attended at least 5 Midwest tournaments (determined loosely)
-Each voter can vote for up to 5 players (but does not have to vote for all 5).
-Players can be nominated and seconded by an eligible voter, but each voter can only nominate one player and can only second one player. Any player that they nominate or second must be on their ballot.

Rules for induction
Any player that appears on more than 80% of ballots is automatically in. In the case that only one or zero players reach this threshhold, the top 2 votegetters are inducted. Only one contributor will be accepted per year.

Hall of Fames should be really, really exclusive...otherwise they're pretty meaningless.

Also sorry for busting in with a long post, but you all know that this is what I do.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Oh, Tim, you have to try to make it so complicated.

You know you can't talk about inducting X people per year, because by the next year the whole thing will have been forgotten. You have to draw up the whole list while everyone still cares.

KishPrime

BRoomer
It'd be interesting to create the eligible list at least, under those criteria. I'm wondering how many people can claim to have won a Midwest tournament...probably a good number. I doubt anyone has been Top 5 at a National without winning a Midwest tournament, but thought it would be interesting if there was anyone in that category as well.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
It'd be interesting to create the eligible list at least, under those criteria. I'm wondering how many people can claim to have won a Midwest tournament...probably a good number. I doubt anyone has been Top 5 at a National without winning a Midwest tournament, but thought it would be interesting if there was anyone in that category as well.
Jiano has been top 5 at a national and has never won a major midwest tournament. BAM, just like that Timberton kIsh

KishPrime

BRoomer
Jiano has been top 5 at a national and has never won a major midwest tournament. BAM, just like that Timberton kIsh
And there you go.

For some reason I can't definitively remember any Midwest tournaments that Vidjo won, even though I remember that he's stacked up placings at nationals like no one's business. My memory is clearly going. He was like Top 5 at everything.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
jiano won one of the huge johnz, im not sure of the definition of a regional but that had like 50 people and i know michigan came

vidjo won a gamejunkie i know, but again ohio+chicago might not count as a regional per se, cause i think dope and drephen skipped that one

i was gonna say drephen, but he did win that one smym and cok 3 i think, i just didnt go to those, plus he won a decent ec regional so thats pretty good. definitely should be on there just for having more national top 5's than anybody else, and being the only dude who has beaten m2k

KishPrime

BRoomer
I don't know if Drephen or Vidjo has more Top 5s at nationals...they both have at least 5 or 6, I think. Darkrain has quite a few as well...he might be close to that, too.

My opinion, off the top of my head through 2007 I think either Drephen or Eddie have the best list of regional tournament victories and top placements, but a lot of Eddie's came with less competition. Darkrain, and then Vidjo and Dope, were probably next. Would be nice to see a full list of winners going back, Midwest has had quite the diversity of tournament winners. I don't think anyone ever got to 2 SMYM wins, did they? Of course I'm not up on the recent results, but I think through SMYM7 it was 7 different champions.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I'm putting together a results spreadsheet from all of the old data I've got, just for the heck of it. Tough since they archived all the old threads, but I have some information plus some memory. Tink's got a nice run in there too that I kind of forgot about. He was a part of the Midwest Elite 5, after all.

BunBun

Smash Master
I don't know if Drephen or Vidjo has more Top 5s at nationals...they both have at least 5 or 6, I think. Darkrain has quite a few as well...he might be close to that, too.

My opinion, off the top of my head through 2007 I think either Drephen or Eddie have the best list of regional tournament victories and top placements, but a lot of Eddie's came with less competition. Darkrain, and then Vidjo and Dope, were probably next. Would be nice to see a full list of winners going back, Midwest has had quite the diversity of tournament winners. I don't think anyone ever got to 2 SMYM wins, did they? Of course I'm not up on the recent results, but I think through SMYM7 it was 7 different champions.
Darkrain is the only person to take 2 SMYMs, and they were 9 and 12

ORLY

Smash Master
this thread has brought some fossils out of the works here

kishprime -and- AOB? you guys keep posting in this thread and you're gonna miss matlock

Big_R

Smash Champion
jiano did work at 2 nationals at least. pound 2 getting 3rd. smashtaclysm ****in up h2yl in crews was amaaaazing.

but also the negative part of me says f him cuz he wont answer my calls :(:(:(:(: just speed runs all day

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
marth1 for that one falcon nba clip

prime, i know you dont count things after 2007, but i can remember a whole lot of tournaments from after that if you want to combine

im not gonna go through the trouble if people arent clamoring for it

now that i think about it though, remembering the winners would actually be way easier for me than remembering the events

KishPrime

BRoomer
It's not that I don't count things after 2007, it's just that I know nothing of it.

I'm going to work on it on Sunday and I'll try to post it by then. The best plan is probably to Google Docs it, then give access to some of the people with good memories that can fill in the blanks. Right now I've got around 60 tournaments with at least some information.

Dopey

Smash Lord
<-- retired #1 on MW power rankings and was top 8 mlg rankings...all im sayin...>=)

Dopey

Smash Lord
anddddddd i nver quit melee for brawl' jus went to a few brawl tournys an me an tink won a circuit event dbl wario yayuhhz ya *** that game

Dopey

Smash Lord
triple post in the am...i give honorable mentions to fuse n smog...RIP fuse...those 2 guys were the reason nar aka AHILLSFINEST, NOJ, and myself aspired to learn the secrets of Shffls...

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
i dont think anyone got higher then 4th at an mlg in the MW =DDDD(unless i forgot someone?)....ill hold that record for lifeee!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Did Marcus seriously bump this really old thread earlier this year? I'm sure he didn't find it by searching for his own name. That's not how I found it either.

This is like a weird time capsule party.

Top Bottom