• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MW at OC3?!?

Kel

Smash Master
I'd like to, but money may be an issue.

It depends. I might end up driving out to California (from kentucky!!!!) with some of my friends as a gigantic freaking road-trip and spend some time out in california. I could probably convince them to give me some time playing smash.

It'd be nice, but hella expensive...

Let's do some math and guesstimate expenses and you know I'm down. Justin would be in school during summer though =(. ameer doesn't have a job so he'll have the time but who knows if he'll have the money.

Maybe while we're out there I can enter some DDR tournaments to gain some finances =).

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Midwest! Hello, my name is Michael. I just moved here nearly 2 months ago from California.

About a week ago Manacloud AIM'd me asking me to be the Midwest representative for OC3. My job is basically to make sure the top Midwest players have the funds and means to travel to OC3. The most recent Power rankings (I think) for the Midwest says this:

1. Dope (6) 157
2. Tink (2) 148
3. Darkrain 146
4. Drephen 141
5. Vidjo 124
6. Cunning 116
7. KishPrime 108
8. Joe Bushman 88
9. KishSquared 86
9. Ignatius 86
11. Trail 77
12. Eddie 74
13. Jiano 68
14. Mathos 56
15. Mikey Lenetia 50

So basically our biggest priority should be to get these players to the tournament if at all possible. I understand some of you can pay for yourselves, and some of you need help. I myself should have no trouble making it to the event paying for myself, and I already have plans to start some local fund raising for Darkrain. Does anybody know what the situation is for the rest of the top15? I'd like to know who needs help the most.

Also, another thing I'd like to place some emphasis on is getting players to OC3 that have never been to Cali or the west coast before. I know Tink, Dope, Vidjo, and Eddie have been there before. And I know Darkrain has not. I'm pretty sure Cunning and some others haven't been there either.

So yeah, I'd really like to get this figured out in a week or so. I know I'm new here to the Midwest, but I think I have a lot to offer in terms of organization and prioritizing. I'm completely opened minded and ready to listen to any ideas or anything from anybody. Pro or noob.

I also know Mana and Ken so maybe that could help as well. If we all pull together we can get our best players from the Midwest and represent in the crew battle and really make an impact. We have some really insanely good talent here, and while we're going in as an underdog, we definitely have what it takes to win this if we get our best.

Michael
aka
Ziv

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Midwest! Hello, my name is Michael. I just moved here nearly 2 months ago from California.

About a week ago Manacloud AIM'd me asking me to be the Midwest representative for OC3. My job is basically to make sure the top Midwest players have the funds and means to travel to OC3. The most recent Power rankings (I think) for the Midwest says this:

1. Dope (6) 157
2. Tink (2) 148
3. Darkrain 146
4. Drephen 141
5. Vidjo 124
6. Cunning 116
7. KishPrime 108
8. Joe Bushman 88
9. KishSquared 86
9. Ignatius 86
11. Trail 77
12. Eddie 74
13. Jiano 68
14. Mathos 56
15. Mikey Lenetia 50

So basically our biggest priority should be to get these players to the tournament if at all possible. I understand some of you can pay for yourselves, and some of you need help. I myself should have no trouble making it to the event paying for myself, and I already have plans to start some local fund raising for Darkrain. Does anybody know what the situation is for the rest of the top15? I'd like to know who needs help the most.

Also, another thing I'd like to place some emphasis on is getting players to OC3 that have never been to Cali or the west coast before. I know Tink, Dope, Vidjo, and Eddie have been there before. And I know Darkrain has not. I'm pretty sure Cunning and some others haven't been there either.

So yeah, I'd really like to get this figured out in a week or so. I know I'm new here to the Midwest, but I think I have a lot to offer in terms of organization and prioritizing. I'm completely opened minded and ready to listen to any ideas or anything from anybody. Pro or noob.

I also know Mana and Ken so maybe that could help as well. If we all pull together we can get our best players from the Midwest and represent in the crew battle and really make an impact. We have some really insanely good talent here, and while we're going in as an underdog, we definitely have what it takes to win this if we get our best.

Michael
aka
Ziv
i wouldnt quote our power rankings. they are outdated and inaccurate IMHO.

Zjiin

Smash Master
(Bump) for the sake of weeding out who just said they are going to go, and who is actually going. Since it's closer to the date, i think a better estimate can be figured.

[please don't post just to say you aren't going to go if you never showed interest in going in the first place]

Zjiin

Smash Master
well i'm flying out of chicago, and it's only costing me 250 round on southwest, so i'd imagine not much more than that.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I can probably sticky this after Pound if people still want to have discussions.

DALegendarySauce

Smash Journeyman
you should sticky it.

I really think I should go to this.

two things though.

1) Does anyone know a place for really cheap plane tickets, cause it fluctuates between like 700-250 and I kinda want more towards 250.

2) I've never been to the pacific ocean and think going to the beack on saturday would be cool, so If someone wants to do that too then it'll probably be easier.

idk.

Zjiin

Smash Master
you should sticky it.

I really think I should go to this.

two things though.

1) Does anyone know a place for really cheap plane tickets, cause it fluctuates between like 700-250 and I kinda want more towards 250.

2) I've never been to the pacific ocean and think going to the beack on saturday would be cool, so If someone wants to do that too then it'll probably be easier.

idk.
Southwest has flights for around 250.

I was talking to five thousand one hundred and fifty about the beach. Bot sure about what day though.

Zjiin

Smash Master
(doublepost bump power)

For those who are interested in getting tickets for OC3, just letting you know that rates are starting to go up for that weekend, so you should look into it. Also, if anyone if flying out of Midway and hasn't bought their pass yet is more than welcome to fly with us. (unless you are going to embarrass me) Lemme know.

Drephen

Smash Master
soooooooooo

ohio

vidjo
me
joe bushman
watty
frenziefool
mathos

illinois

zillidjdjdnnn
eddie

lol wheres the rest of midwest? Step it up

Banned via Administration
Pretty johns. I had a john in about from months and i'm 7 getting huge job weaksauce haven't everyone.

KishSquared

Smash Master
I agree with Rick.

It's a good thing Ohio and Illinois are stepping it up. If COKE wasn't going, MW would have 2 people going.

All I have to say is that D-rephen had better do better at OC than FC. His FC performance was disappointing, to say the least. 4th place for shame.

Top Bottom