• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sounds like the interest is definitely there, who are the folks in the area that typically hold events? I'd like to definitely involve at least one other TO if I could. But regardless, it sounds like this would definitely be a worthwhile venture for me. Lemme look at a couple of places and see what I can find. I'll try and talk to a few people I still know in the community about promotion possibly as well. If anyone is interested in helping, or has any suggestions I am absolutely all ears. Message me on twitter @apn_W3sleypipez or PM me here. I'll get back to you all in a bit and let you know what's going on!

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, question: What game does this region prefer? I always see PM and Melee mentioned, but no so much Brawl. So for a tournament, is there one game that people would prefer over the others, or should it be Melee/PM or Melee/Brawl or....Let me know what you guys would most like to do!

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I will also be at KO's this saturday, if we have enough interest we could do a friendly tourney like we've done previously. Barring something janky of course.

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking of putting together a Skype group for dolphin netplay in TN. Contact me on skype at MachineDynamics if you want to be added.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
@ Alex 615 Alex 615

New Low Tier City in the works.

I updated the first page for a couple new tournaments. Also @ omegawhitemage omegawhitemage you can gemme a call sometime and we can get together on hosting a new tournament series if you want. I can normally talk on the phone at any time of day as long as i have my bluetooth headset.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
LOW TIER CITY!!! I'm totally down with this :D

So me and alex played recently and despite a little lag in the beginning it wasn't too bad, so I advise all you dinguses to join up with us on skype and get some online going. My name is Jack Pickleson on that thar skype thingy.

Jackie Chandler

Smash Cadet
Reposting this from the Tennessee Locator Thread, since weekly tournaments seems somewhat relevant.

Cookeville's going to be running weekly fight nights in The Coliseum Pub after 6 p.m. on Wednesdays, so if you're in or close to the area, you should show up some time. Our focus is on Project M and Street Fighter at the moment, but we've been getting more people for the latter so far, so please try to attend when you can to show we can support a scene for Smash!

I'll be running tournaments for Project M every week starting at 6:30, and as long as people are around, we can run friendlies after the tourney is over. Oh, and in case you're wondering, there is no venue fee at The Coliseum, and no entry fee for the tournaments. So please be generous with your food and drink purchases to support the venue (with 45 cent wings, it really isn't difficult!), and consider competing in the tournaments even though they're only for fun. As much as I'd like to offer prizes, that's kind of hard to do as a recently graduated college student without a job, haha.

Hope to meet you guys there~!

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking of stopping by this weekend, unless everyone else has plans that will keep them from being there.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
To add on to Chandler's comment. Along with the weekly game nights I'm planning on hosting atleast 1 tournament a semester at TTU and we'll probably have monthly tournaments as part of the Smash Club I'm starting next semester there so hopefully people will be able to come to that and we in return will be able to take trips to chat, knox, and mboro monthlies!

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
So I made it back in one piece.

Even after making the drive, I still think the decision to leave at 3AM was better than the alternative of staying another 6 hours and trying (most likely unsuccessfully) to get some real sleep. That being said, it was still stupidly dangerous to make the drive back to Memphis like that, and I am never doing it again.

I realize how unreasonable it is to ask half a dozen people to put the brakes on their fun for one light sleeper, but unless I can get at least 4 guaranteed hours of good sleep that isn't going to be so late in the day that it screws my sleep schedule for work, you're probably not going to be seeing much of me. I'll try to see if I can find some other place to crash around the area, maybe in Nashville, or with an old friend in Murfreesboro who isn't into smash, but if something doesn't work out, I probably won't be showing up for much other than tournaments.

Last edited:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Its understandable alex, it's pretty chaotic over at KO's. Even for people that aren't light sleepers, its difficult to get uninterrupted sleep. All that matters is you got back safe and sound brah.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys, I'm looking at Aug 16/23 for an event here in Clarksville, are there any scheduling conflict around those dates that you folks know of?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
well low tier city is on the 16th and 17th I would suggest doing it on the 30th if possible that way it would give everyone who went to low tier city a chance to rest from being smashed out from a two-day smash event. also the next score on a min is it more than likely going to be on the first or second week of august so yeah this is going to be a bit of it busy month

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was thinking of Aug 30, but I have a wedding to go to in Mass on that day. Maybe I can move it to early September.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
As of right now it looks like the only day that will work for me is going to be the 23rd of August. Hopefully we'll still get a good turnout, Low Tier City is all the way in TX anyway so I'm not too concerned about that really. Hopefully the venue I want to use can work out the 23rd with me. I'll get back to you all soon, just attempting to finalize plans and such.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
23rd should be fine. My girlfriend does really like me going to two tournaments in a row but LTC is a big deal and I dont miss locals. Ill bring recording/streaming stuff. Also you think you could make it out to our weekly the saturday?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
All right so after talking to a few people I decided to do a few things for KiT.

1. I plan on starting a Tennessee Head hunter pot on myself. Anyone that I have already lost to in a set in tournament or Money match(Chad, Iori, 2kV, and Yoshiiscool) can't win this but anyone else can win a bonus chunk of change for beating me in tournament or MM. Im starting it at 5 dollars. Every tournament set that I win vs you guys I will personally add 25 cents to that pot. Every MM i win I will put that money into the pot as well. Basically Beat me and win (more) money. Once you have beaten me the pot starts over at 5 bucks and the person who defeated me cannot win again. I will keep this up until KiT. If no one has beaten me from Tennessee then ALL the proceeds will go to a Bonus to Project M at KiT15.
2. All profit I make from tournaments during this 6 month stretch to KiT will go to a Melee/Project M pot bonus. With Smash 4 getting 1000 dollars I figure maybe I can push the other smash games near that as well.
3. Any and all donations are gratefully accepted. Every penny helps and will go straight into a pot bonus for both melee and pm.

I feel like this will help improve Tennessee smash as a whole and possibly give everyone something to shoot for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom