• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
Hey guys just a quick note: going off of Zilyn's post about EVO, there are 3 huge tournaments coming up this summer, those being MLG Anaheim (June 20-22), CEO 2014 (June 27-29), and EVO 2014 (July 11-13). I am going to try to go to at least one of these events, maybe two. So to anyone who is interested in going to one of these huge events: which tourney do you think would prefer to go to? What is you order of preference with regard to all three?

btw for those who don't know, EVO 2014 is in Vegas, CEO 2014 is in Orlando, and MLG Anaheim is in...Anaheim, CA.

Just want anyone who is interested in going to prepare early cause these big events are much cheaper the earlier you plan for and register for them. BTW if anyone is interested in going to two events it would either have to be MLG and EVO or CEO and EVO, cause MLG and CEO happen on consecutive weekends.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: here is lil' Jeffy's handy guide to dates for registration and stuff.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MLG: Passes: $55 per Player from March 14 to April 13
  • $65 per Player from April 14 to May 11
  • $75 per Player from May 12 to June 16
  • $125 per Player at Anaheim Check in (fyi MLG has no venue fee; pass is all u need)
(don't wait for the check in)

CEO: Early bird from March 1st until April 1st is only $30

Regular Reg goes up to $40 on April 1st, $45 In the middle of June during the last week of Pre-Reg and it's a Stirct $50 Venue if you wait until the Friday of to register at CEO on June 27th. Games are $10 per game for Singles,

Teams TBD and signups would happen at the event.

EVO: no word on registration price change dates or anything but a competitor pass is 50 bucks right now (again, pass covers everything)

Last edited:

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Couldn't make it last night KO, Kman was busy. I'll make sure to make it next time to practice with you guys for the next big tournament doe!

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
Actually as far as price goes, CEO is by far the most reasonable (cause it's the only one we could feasibly drive to). Round trip flights to Vegas and LAX (the airport relatively near Anaheim) are about $400. We could drive round trip to and from Orlando for about $170 split between whoever goes. Plus I bet there's more housing available in Orlando than there is in Vegas (though there is prob a fair amount of housing near MLG due to the large Cali scene). CEO would be much cheaper than either, though that's the one I'm least keen on going to. Can't really decide between MLG and EVO. Any of these tournaments will be super hype tho!

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Yeah KO I'm still alive...
I figured you had a good reason for it, just trying to pretend I do moderator type things every now and then.
[/permabanseveryoneinthisthread] :smash:

like seriously why would someone from 2005 double post like that xD

Last edited:

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
So I realized that making regular visits on the first weekend of every month is going to clash with the bi weeklies that Chad is trying to get going here in Memphis. I think I'll shoot for the 12th, because there currently aren't any tournaments listed for that weekend.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
So if i were to head over to KO's this Saturday, who would be able to drop me off back to my house in Nashville?

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I haven't checked this thread in a while. Do people still meet on Fridays and Saturdays at KO's?

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
So are people going to be there this weekend, or is everyone going to Ausom? I know I said I'd be there on the 12th, but it turns out that it would be a lot more convenient for me to go this weekend.

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
Not happening. But at least Chad and I are going to ChargerCon next weekend, maybe Josh and Iori too. I guess I'll just wait until the 12th to visit Murfreesboro again.

SSBM_HypnoToad

THE HypnoToad?
Can I come play PM and Melee on nest saturday? I'm only 14 but I have won a tournament and want to start trying to get better by playing against other people.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Ill be at the house on saturday for a little bit but then steph and I are going to my aunts house in GA for steph's Pokemon Tournament.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I've got to help my stepdad move to his new house this saturday, so my attendance on smash night has been put into question. I'll still try to make it out after I get done with that, so hope is not lost lol.

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I'm not going to be in Murfreesboro this weekend. I need to wait for some stuff with a new job to come through before I visit again.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Just wanna say last weekend was pretty hype with everyone coming over. If that happens again we will do 1 dollar tournaments lol

Edit:

I'm just gonna drop this here.

http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...ol-springs-bi-monthly-melee-project-m.352115/

(Sup KO?)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Edit again because this page hasnt had anything for a bit: Smash day starts at around 4pm today at the house. Stephanie and I are taking Morgan (our dog) to Bark In The Park (Its a little dog get together thing) and we wont be back until around 4pm. And justin is not here atm, Im not sure where he went

Last edited:

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so here's the throwdown. We've been dancing around doing some smaller weekly tourneys at KO's house on smash night. This weekend is going to be a break for a lot of people so hopefully there'll be a good turnout this saturday and if that's the case we should do the tourney. maybe a free or $1 entry fee, mostly just for pride though.

Top Bottom