• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
I tend to make a scene whenever I move somewhere. Pensacola was all but dead, and after I spread the love for smash, I hosted a tournament with a 39 player attendance.

Hell yeah.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Good luck. I know of only one other smasher here, but he mainly plays brawl and is active in Alabama smash I think. The legendary aurafox used to love here. No idea of he still does. I play Melee. If you get some stuff started here, I'd make an effort to come. I got a lot between work school and a wife.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
I'm pretty much exclusively Project M at the moment. We'll find a way, dammit. If all else fails, we'll be taking trips to Mboro every week.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Wooooooowwwwwww, a monthly in Tennessee!? I MUST BE DREAMING! Suprising as though i thought the smash scene wasnt that big in Atlantic south. BUT THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
I'm actually really excited to show you guys how far I've come in P:M. I went from getting wrecked to placing top 4-5 in tournaments.

Also, I miss Pickle's beautiful, glorious hair.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Really? Literally EVERY sonic main i have come across says that. Im kinda startin to see why as im getting better at the MU but is it because her nair is a great defense against spin approach/recovery?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
In offline play Bowser has actually won the most tournaments. Also Why have you never posted in this thread Babatunde? We get together every weekend for smash.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
In offline play Bowser has actually won the most tournaments. Also Why have you never posted in this thread Babatunde? We get together every weekend for smash.
Wait wut? In AiB right? Lemmie guess you were In Above the influence too weren't you?
Also i JUST found this thread yesterday, sooooooooo this was definitely a shock when i found it considering as to how most AS events are held in either Florida, Alabama, or Georgia.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I didnt even know there WAS a TN scene, any details proto? As a Tennessean smasher, i would LOVE to see some events and tournaments go on here for convenience sake for the people who actually drive me......lolz

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
You live in Nashville, right? Well, there's KO, Yoshiiscool, Alex, Mr. Pickle, KDS, Tyger, and a few others in Murfreesboro. There's also a big smash tournament twice a year and Vandy called VandyLan. It's a HUGE tournament for loads of games, I think the last Smash was Brawl. Regardless, it's a free event, with a gift card payout to 1st place, and free pizza for everyone.

I used to live in Murfreesboro, but I moved to Pensacola, FL with my wife.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Yea, i'll look into this "VandyLan". Is VandyLan the name of the tournament or something else?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Proto, how does your wife feel about smash? If she doesn't like it like mine, we can just say, "hey I'm gonna go play smash. His wife also hates smash. You can go make a friend and do girl stuff for awhile and meet us back later. "

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
She's ok with tournaments once a month with once a week practice. She rides horses competitively, so we have a pretty mutual understanding. But hell, she does need some friends.

Handorin

Smash Hero
She doesn't mind entirely if I play occasionally and don't ignore her. She plays some games sometimes. I think she's said if I do something for her or let her do something shell let me o to a tournament every once in awhile.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Can't wait to go to this and start going to in person tournaments and see how my peach does compared to online play.

Top Bottom