• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music and Other Sounds General Thread

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
As a long-time EarthBound fan I'm a bit let down the only battle theme from the series is Unfounded Revenge. The rest are overworld themes or other. They're a bit too atmospheric or calm for a chaotic battle.

A few battle themes that'd be neat:
Sanctuary Guardian
Kraken of the Sea
Otherworldly Foe
Pokey Means Business
Fight with Mecha-Drago
Dangerous Guys
Natural Killer Cyborg
Master Porky's Theme

Smash Bros is really missing out on some of the more trippy tunes of the EarthBound series.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As a long-time EarthBound fan I'm a bit let down the only battle theme from the series is Unfounded Revenge. The rest are overworld themes or other. They're a bit too atmospheric or calm for a chaotic battle.

Sanctuary Guardian
Kraken of the Sea
Otherworldly Foe
Pokey Means Business
Fight with Mecha-Drago
Dangerous Guys
Natural Killer Cyborg
Master Porky's Theme

Smash Bros is really missing out on some of the more trippy tunes of the EarthBound series.
Probably not fit for Smash but I’d love to see....err...hear either an original or remix of this song in Smash

PK Fallin’ in Love

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering :4cloud: will return, Square Enix needs to provide more music tracks from the Final Fantasy series this time.

Notably an arranged version for Smash of this one:

PF9

Smash Lord
Here are some rock/metal remixes I want:
King Dedede's Theme
Ice Path Theme (Pokemon Gold and Silver)
Star Wolf Theme
Medley: SMB2 (USA) Boss/Wart Theme
Revenge of Meta Knight Medley
Nightmare's Theme (Kirby's Adventure)
Gym Leader Theme (Pokemon Red and Blue)
Trainer Battle Theme (Pokemon Red and Blue)
Wild Pokemon Battle Theme (Pokemon Red and Blue)
Fortress Theme/Boss Theme Medley (SMB 3)
Bowser Level Medley (SM64) - death metal style

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
About victory themes, a concept I always had was that villain characters such as Bowser, Ganondorf or Wolf should get game over themes of their series as their victory themes. I mean, in their games, a game over doesn't mean they won?

Later I'll post more concrete ideas of music or victory themes

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The sounds in this game need to be redesigned from Brawl's "Realism" to more of the cartoon and "jazz" of the original 64's sounds.

The bash and slash of Brawl will never be as fitting as Melee and 64's echo and resonance.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i am so looking forward to battling to splattack

if its not in the game that teaser trailer was misleading

PF9

Smash Lord
A new Kirby stage should have a remix medley of the ending theme, the credits theme (AKA the Green Greens theme), the intro theme and title screen theme from Kirby's Adventure.

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
It's too bad Nintendo hasn't built The Soundtrack Department (of eShop) where players could go in and download mp3s of individual songs or entire albums to their computers or microSD. It could begin with an aggressive "Day 1" selection of only Nintendo music, covering all games published by Nintendo going back to the NES. Later, it would branch out with the quickness to 3rd party games that appeared on Nintendo systems, and lastly to 3rd party games that didn't even appear on Nintendo's systems.

Because with that in place, you'd have Super Smash Bros. to push sales in a major way. Nintendo wouldn't have to spend much time/money at all on the soundtrack. Just bring in the same one from previous games with a few new major themes, and boom. Go berserk with My Music Options and let players use what they want, as long as the song is from a Nintendo published game or a featured 3rd Party franchise (Sonic, FF, Mega Man, etc). I want Ancient Cistern's music in Smash 5. It might not happen, but hey... if I could just go to the eShop and download the song...

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'd love to see this song get remixed, maybe with a new vocalist.

I'd also like to see vocal versions of songs that didn't have lyrics.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
- Meta Crystal Theme (bring it back please)
- Porky Means Business
- Sanctuary Guardian
- Battle Against An Otherworldly Foe
- Kraken of the Sea
- Champion Blue's Theme
- Champion Iris' Theme
- Mt. Horn (Mystery Dungeon)
- Angry Bowser (Paper Mario)
- Knuckles Theme (Sonic Adventure)

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
If Mega Man comes back he needs to have some songs from the other Mega Man series and not just classic. Here are some I think could fit in Smash:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
About victory themes, a concept I always had was that villain characters such as Bowser, Ganondorf or Wolf should get game over themes of their series as their victory themes. I mean, in their games, a game over doesn't mean they won?

I had the exact same thought a long time ago. Bowser's victory theme should be the original Super Mario Bros. Game Over theme.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace

Here are some of my ideas:
Luigi: Bonus Results (Mario Bros.)
Bowser: Game Over (Super Mario Bros.) (starting at 0:03)
Ganondorf: Game Over (Ocarina Of Time)
Wolf: Game Over (Star Fox 64)
Rex/Xenoblade 2 character: Peaceful Life

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've been waiting for full remixes of Xenoblade Chronicles "Engage the Enemy" and "Gaur Plains."

Seriously, I can't even find fan-renditions of those songs, and those 30 seconds that each of them get are probably my favorite remixes in the whole damn game.

PF9

Smash Lord
Bring back SSBB's version of RSE Victory Road.

Best tribute to 80s metal/NWOBHM ever.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Just give me more actual Sonic level themes and not ANOTHER vocal theme (Escape from the City is okay, since it's both). I will be a sad panda if, say, Fist Bump gets in and not Studiopolis or Press Garden.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ooh the triforce heroes theme is in sounds nice and jump up super star

Last edited:

Libelldra00

Smash Rookie
So, as far as Splatoon goes, "Splattack" and "Ink me up!" are in. Furthermore, the Squid Sisters seem to perform a different song anytime they are summoned.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Windy Hill Zone gets replaced with a Sonic Forces stage, I hope they do away with the old tracks, sans Green Hill Zone, and add new ones. I dare say, I'm sick and tired of "Sonic Heroes" and "Open Your Heart". I did enjoy "Knight of the Wind", though. Anyhow, I found the below tunes to be enjoyable.

♪ Fist Bump //The lyrics are cheesy, but in a good way.
♪ Park Avenue
♪ Vs. Metal Sonic //EPIC!!
♪ Theme of Infinite
If Elma ever made it in the game, I could see her stage being Primordia (the picture in the videos). These are some of mine favourite tracks from Xenoblade Chronicles X.

♪ NO.EX01 (Major Boss Battle)
♪ Wir Fliegan (Overdrive Theme)
♪ So nah, so fern (Lao's Theme)
♪ Black Tar (Battle Theme)
♪ Black Tar (Skell Battle)
♪ Uncontrollable (Tyrant Theme)
♪ Minor Boss Battle
♪ Ganglion Skell Battle
♪ The Key We've Lost (Final Boss)
♪ Primordia //Had to include this. It's Primordia after all.
♪ Primordia (Night)
♪ New Los Angeles (Day)
♪ New Los Angeles (Night)
♪ Melancholia //I used to hate rap, but after listening to this, I've become more open-minded
♪ Don't Worry (Flight Theme)
If we’re on the subject of X music, I have a couple more to suggest
- aBOreSSs (Prog Ares battle)
- In the forest (X->Z ver.) (the Yggralith theme)
- I can’t spell the name off the top of my head rn (and on mobile) but I’d also like to see Telethia the Endbringer’s theme
- Your Voice (ending theme)
- The Dangerous Area theme
- Noctilum (day and night)
- Sylvalum (day and night) I NEED this song in its so pretty
- Uncontrollable (Instrumental) this version only plays in most Time Attack missions but I dare say I like it even more than the original (and I LOVE the original)
...on a side note, Elma’s victory theme HAS to be the one snippet of THEMEX from 4:22 until 4:45, maybe looping back once it finishes.

If Rex/Pyra get in, Counterattack is a must. I haven’t played Xenoblade 2 yet, but I guess most battle themes would do. I’d imagine their stage would be Farlaine Wells. And their victory theme should be this.

In no particular series order

Sonic:
- an ACTUAL full version of Live and Learn. I hate that the version as of Brawl only goes up to the first chorus.
- Theme of Infinite, as mentioned in the quoted post
- Since Atlus is technically owned by Sega, some Atlus tunes (particularly anything by Shoji Meguro) would be a dream, but I doubt it’ll happen
- Aqua Road

Kirby:
- Moonstruck Blossom

Street Fighter:
- the SFIV version of Volcanic Rim
- while not SF, still from a Capcom property: Devil Trigger from Devil May Cry 5 on the SF stage and pls give us Dante From The Devil May Cry(TM) Series as an assist trophy or at least Mii costume while you’re at it

Fire Emblem:
- (if they have the rights to it) Reincarnation from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
- heck, the main battle theme from that game as well, it’s so underrated
- Black Rain, also from TMS#FE

F-Zero:
- Theme of Captain Falcon from GX (like how have they NOT put this in Smash yet?!)
- Feel Our Pain (Fire Field) also from GX
- Paper Engine (Outer Space)
- Night of Big Blue (goes on Melee Big Blue stage)

Metal Gear/Konami:
- every song from Brawl, including Calling to The Night, but EXCLUDING the instrumental Snake Eater. Put in the full vocal version you cowards and yes I’m aware of how hypocritical I sound but I really do dislike the instrumental Snake Eater
- Rules of Nature from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- if Simon Belmont happens, Castlevania music and even remixes would be neat

Final Fantasy:
- J-E-N-O-V-A (original or Dissidia version I don’t really care)
- Saber’s Edge from Final Fantasy XIII. Say what you want about the game but you can’t deny that its boss battle theme was a Bop
- Otherworld from FFX
- (not FF, but Square Enix properties) some music from The World Ends With You, the Bravely series, the Chrono series, and/or even the Star Ocean series. Top picks: Emptiness and... (TWEWY), That Person’s Name Is (Bravely Default), Dragon God (Chrono Cross), Blood on the Keys (Star Ocean: The Last Hope I love that game don’t @ me) NieR Automata music would be sweet too

Pac-Man/Bandai Namco:
- literally any Tales song I don’t even care from which Tales I NEED some Tales BGM. Although, Symphonia music is a given since it was once on the GameCube, and since Vesperia Definitive Edition is coming to Switch, I think Vesperia music is also a must
- Might be a bit ambitious, but music from the .hack games too maybe?

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Top 10 Stage Music Request
1. Galaxy Man theme -Mega Man 9
2. Kaptain K. Rool boss theme -DKC2
3. Baby Bowser boss theme -Yoshi’s Island
4. Forest Maze (Geno Theme) -Mario RPG
5. Gangplank Galleon (New remix or original) -DKC
6. Star Wolf Theme -(Star Fox:Zero version)
7. Lorule Castle -LOZ Link Between Worlds
8. Gannon boss theme -LOZ Link to the Past
9. Intro Level -Mega Man 7
10. Gulie Theme -Street Fighter 2

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I've really only played a bit of Splatoon, Pokemon Sun/Moon & Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Fire Emblem: Fates since Sm4sh BUT here's what I want to see:

Vs. Ultra Necrozma!(Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFTemk99fLU
Vs. Elite Four!(Pokemon Sun/Moon) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv7AXRqjTuQ
Fates Medley(Fire Emblem Warriors) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRaVF_3cnSo
You of the Dark(Fire Emblem Fates) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtmINMFAGU
You of the Light(Fire Emblem Fates) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDk2N42FBn8

Pretty much every theme I want from BotW or Splatoon I've seen mentioned already, and themes I want to return have been mostly confirmed.

I would've probably inserted some Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon 2, and other stuff, but I don't have a Switch myself so I didn't get to play them.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Though I doubt it would happen, I wouldn't mind hearing this song on a Fire Emblem stage. Even though it had so much untapped potential, I did like the basic concept of Rondo of Swords. Obviously inspired by Fire Emblem, but not just an outright imitation.

Last edited:

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
I made a video about Zelda songs I'd like to see in smash, I'm really passionate about this kinda thing so I hope you all enjoy it!

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Several Metal Gear Rising boss themes (The memes, Sakurai!), Several Hyrule Warriors stage themes (Into the Greenwood, Heart of the End, Sequence of Drops, Remnants of Twilight, Psychostorm, all of the eclipse themes), Several Shadow the Hedgehog stage/boss themes (yeah I'm edgy trash don't @ me), Several Final Fantasy themes (seriously? only two in smash 4? wow...), and if we could stick a version of the Zero Two theme into Final Destination, that would be lovely.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Several Metal Gear Rising boss themes (The memes, Sakurai!), Several Hyrule Warriors stage themes (Into the Greenwood, Heart of the End, Sequence of Drops, Remnants of Twilight, Psychostorm, all of the eclipse themes), Several Shadow the Hedgehog stage/boss themes (yeah I'm edgy trash don't @ me), Several Final Fantasy themes (seriously? only two in smash 4? wow...), and if we could stick a version of the Zero Two theme into Final Destination, that would be lovely.
We are all pawns, controlled by something greater: memes, the DNA of the soul.
:troll:

Some HW tunes would be the bee’s knees too

Also, for future reference to all in this thread: like the OP says, please don’t embed so many videos in one page, even if you do put them in spoiler boxes. It causes my Safari on iPhone to continually be trapped in a reload sequence “because a problem occurred”, logging me out in the process and making me unable to do anything on the page on mobile.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Sanctuary Guardian
Kraken of the Sea
Otherworldly Foe
Pokey Means Business
Fight with Mecha-Drago
Dangerous Guys
Natural Killer Cyborg
Master Porky's Theme

I think the lack of battle themes has to do with the fact that the EarthBound stages aside from New Pork City have been peaceful locations. I do want Kraken's theme in though.

Top Bottom