• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music and Other Sounds General Thread

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If we’re on the subject of X music, I have a couple more to suggest
- aBOreSSs (Prog Ares battle)
- In the forest (X->Z ver.) (the Yggralith theme)
- I can’t spell the name off the top of my head rn (and on mobile) but I’d also like to see Telethia the Endbringer’s theme
- Your Voice (ending theme)
- The Dangerous Area theme
- Noctilum (day and night)
- Sylvalum (day and night) I NEED this song in its so pretty
- Uncontrollable (Instrumental) this version only plays in most Time Attack missions but I dare say I like it even more than the original (and I LOVE the original)
...on a side note, Elma’s victory theme HAS to be the one snippet of THEMEX from 4:22 until 4:45, maybe looping back once it finishes.

If Rex/Pyra get in, Counterattack is a must. I haven’t played Xenoblade 2 yet, but I guess most battle themes would do. I’d imagine their stage would be Farlaine Wells. And their victory theme should be this.

In no particular series order

Sonic:
- an ACTUAL full version of Live and Learn. I hate that the version as of Brawl only goes up to the first chorus.
- Theme of Infinite, as mentioned in the quoted post
- Since Atlus is technically owned by Sega, some Atlus tunes (particularly anything by Shoji Meguro) would be a dream, but I doubt it’ll happen
- Aqua Road

Kirby:
- Moonstruck Blossom

Street Fighter:
- the SFIV version of Volcanic Rim
- while not SF, still from a Capcom property: Devil Trigger from Devil May Cry 5 on the SF stage and pls give us Dante From The Devil May Cry(TM) Series as an assist trophy or at least Mii costume while you’re at it

Fire Emblem:
- (if they have the rights to it) Reincarnation from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
- heck, the main battle theme from that game as well, it’s so underrated
- Black Rain, also from TMS#FE

F-Zero:
- Theme of Captain Falcon from GX (like how have they NOT put this in Smash yet?!)
- Feel Our Pain (Fire Field) also from GX
- Paper Engine (Outer Space)
- Night of Big Blue (goes on Melee Big Blue stage)

Metal Gear/Konami:
- every song from Brawl, including Calling to The Night, but EXCLUDING the instrumental Snake Eater. Put in the full vocal version you cowards and yes I’m aware of how hypocritical I sound but I really do dislike the instrumental Snake Eater
- Rules of Nature from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- if Simon Belmont happens, Castlevania music and even remixes would be neat

Final Fantasy:
- J-E-N-O-V-A (original or Dissidia version I don’t really care)
- Saber’s Edge from Final Fantasy XIII. Say what you want about the game but you can’t deny that its boss battle theme was a Bop
- Otherworld from FFX
- (not FF, but Square Enix properties) some music from The World Ends With You, the Bravely series, the Chrono series, and/or even the Star Ocean series. Top picks: Emptiness and... (TWEWY), That Person’s Name Is (Bravely Default), Dragon God (Chrono Cross), Blood on the Keys (Star Ocean: The Last Hope I love that game don’t @ me) NieR Automata music would be sweet too

Pac-Man/Bandai Namco:
- literally any Tales song I don’t even care from which Tales I NEED some Tales BGM. Although, Symphonia music is a given since it was once on the GameCube, and since Vesperia Definitive Edition is coming to Switch, I think Vesperia music is also a must
- Might be a bit ambitious, but music from the .hack games too maybe?
Oh geez I forgot another track I’d absolutely love to see: the theme of the Hard Boiled Heavies from Sonic Mania - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VW6TtXKVLYg

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
My most wanted new songs at the moment are: new Final Fantasy songs (J-E-N-O-V-A, Electric de Chocobo and One-Winged Angel at the very least), as well as the Gens 5 and 7 Elite Four themes and Ultra Necrozma Battle.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, I think in order to apply appropriate themes, they shouldn't sound out of place with the stages they're on. Of course, with SSBU ignoring this, I guess it doesn't matter. Still, I'll just mention which stages I think these themes belong on.

KIRBY
Stage:
Dream Land (64)
Theme(s)
Ripple Field 1 (Kirby's Dreamland 3)
Ripple Field 2 (Kirby's Dreamland 3)
Ripple Field 3 (Kirby's Dreamland 3)
Sand Canyon 1 (Kirby's Dreamland 3)
Inside the Ruins (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)
Down the Stream (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)

Stage: Fountain of Dreams
Theme(s)
Sand Canyon 3 (Kirby's Dreamland 3)

Stage: Halberd
Theme(s)
Iceberg (Kirby's Dreamland 3)
Rock Star (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)
Factor Inspection (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)
Miracle Matter (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)
(Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)

Zero1999

Smash Rookie
Since Smash Ultimate would include over 900 music tracks, which one would you like to see?
Personally I want back the SSBM opening that appeared on Brawl, this track wasn't in the Wii U version and was dissapointed, its one of my favorite and most treasured of all.

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
Definitely music from fortune street. Such an underrated board game with awesome remix of Mario and dragon quest.

Last edited:

zmero_

Smash Cadet
So here's my list: I'm gonna put it into categories of each video game series.

Earthbound
Battle Against a Dangerous Foe
New Age Retro Hippie
Pokey Means Business
Natural Killer Cyborg
Wisdom of the World (vocals or non-vocals)
Pollyanna (Vocals)

Final Fantasy
One Winged Angel (anything else could be in I couldn't care less I just want that song)
Dark Messenger (Final Fantasy IX)
Battle theme (Final Fantasy X)

Pokémon
Elite Four (BW/BW2)
Legendary Battle (BW/BW2)
Champion Iris

vs. Lance/Red
Final battle against N
Ghetsis theme
Cyrus theme

Legend of Zelda
Mini Boss theme (Wind Waker)
Mini Boss theme (Ocarina of Time)
Some sort of medley that mixes all of the themes in Ocarina of Time (Ocarina songs, character themes, temples, etc.)
Ghirahim Theme
Ganondorf final battle (Twilight Princess)

Mega Man
Vs. Zero (Mega Man X5)
Starman Stage (Mega Man 5 NES)
Mega Man X Title theme

Sonic the Hedgehog
Team Chaotix
I Am All of Me (Shadow the Hedgehog)
Scrap Brain Zone

Metal Gear Solid
Theme of Snake
Snake Eater (vocals)
Escape (Metal Gear Solid 1)

Also, Break the Targets and the Multi Man Melee version 2 needs to come back

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I see everyone talk about how we need One-Winged Angel for FF music, yet, sadly, no one mentions that glaring omission that is Jenova Absolute. I honestly like this song way more than One-Winged Angel
Also, Xenoblade music. I want any and all they can muster. There are many tracks from both X and 2 that really ought to be in.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I want Fist Bump, With Me, Haltmann Works Executive Management, Song of Supplication, and the original Master Hand theme the most.

Last edited:

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
I want some of the older Pokemon battle songs. Particularly the Johto Gym leader and champion battle music.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I was hoping that someone would at least include Pokemon Mystery Dungeon music. They're often overlooked in favor of the core series Pokemon games.
Mind I also add:
Not sure what I could add for PMD3/PMD4 since I haven't played them yet.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
I want a Smash Remix of this Mario Party Track

Last edited:

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
There's a couple songs I would love to see in the game
Super Metroid Theme (Super Metroid)
Lower Brinstar (Super Metroid)
#$@%* Dudes Be #$@%* Sleepin (Splatoon 2)
Fly Octo Fly (Splatoon 2)
Map Theme (Pokemon GO) (Pokemon GO)
Hyper Potions (Sonic Mania)
Studiopolis Theme (Sonic Mania)
The Song of the Dragonborn (Skyrim)
Far Horizons (Skyrim)

And with the announcement of Katamari Damacy: Reroll we can hopefully get some representation, at least with this amazing song
On the topic of voice actors, I'm completely blown away by the fact that Chrom is voiced by Matt Mercer, voice of McCree.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I would love to have a medley of Vaati's theme, Dark Hyrule Castle, and Vaati’s Wrath from The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'm still disappointed that they recycled the voice assets from Brawl, again.

Also I wish Dedede and Meta Knight had their voice actors from the anime.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I'm still disappointed that they recycled the voice assets from Brawl, again.

Also I wish Dedede and Meta Knight had their voice actors from the anime.
Lmao, a story mode with dialogue and those two talking in their anime voice would be amazing

TheSokka

Smash Rookie
Is Trophy Gallery (Brawl) available for Menu music like Smash 4? I just like to come back from a battle to hear a soothing tune, as it was my favourite theme since then.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So, quick music question:

I want to set the music in a stage so that each available theme has the same chance to be played. Instead of one track having a, like, 90% of being played, and a 10% chance of being one of the other 20 tracks.

Is there an easy way to do that, or is the only real way to do it to go though the stages one at a time, setting every song to the middle of the bar, for all 100+ stages?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
So, quick music question:

I want to set the music in a stage so that each available theme has the same chance to be played. Instead of one track having a, like, 90% of being played, and a 10% chance of being one of the other 20 tracks.

Is there an easy way to do that, or is the only real way to do it to go though the stages one at a time, setting every song to the middle of the bar, for all 100+ stages?
The L and R buttons can help you do whatever it is that you want to do. L decreases the bar by exactly 5%, while R increases the bar by exactly 5%. L and R are not to be confused with ZL and ZR. Those buttons don't work. I made that mistake myself when I first heard about this. If you're trying to set the settings for every song on the list, I do not know of an easy way to set them all at the same place at once. You would have to go through and set them all individually with the trick I mentioned above.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Thanks. I tried it that way at first and found using the stick was actually faster and less work though. Especially since there's an autostop point in the middle anyway.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Does anyone know how to get an Animal Crossing New Leaf 7 pm remix track that's played in an early WoL battle against Isabelle or Villager? It takes place on a nighttime version of Smashville I believe.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Does anyone know how to get an Animal Crossing New Leaf 7 pm remix track that's played in an early WoL battle against Isabelle or Villager? It takes place on a nighttime version of Smashville I believe.
If you're talking about this song, I found it through buying from the shop.

As a general rule of thumb from my experience by the way, most songs are available in the shop. Check it every couple hours and eventually you will find it. If you're really struggling to find the ones you want, check to see if it's in a chest somewhere in World of Light.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
If you're talking about this song, I found it through buying from the shop.

As a general rule of thumb from my experience by the way, most songs are available in the shop. Check it every couple hours and eventually you will find it. If you're really struggling to find the ones you want, check to see if it's in a chest somewhere in World of Light.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I feel really happy for Tee Lopes. The Studiopolis track is in this game, it must be a huge honor to have his music in Smash Bros.

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone agree that Brawl has better remix quantity? QUANTITY, not QUALITY.

Disregarding how good the remixes are, Brawl probably has the best when it comes to music representation for all series. Every single playable series has at least one remix, and many of them have multiple. 4 and Ultimate, however, gave the cold shoulder to quite a few series... Just look at what Sonic, Wario, Bayonetta, Kid Icarus, and a few others got... Nothing...

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Does anyone agree that Brawl has better remix quantity? QUANTITY, not QUALITY.

Disregarding how good the remixes are, Brawl probably has the best when it comes to music representation for all series. Every single playable series has at least one remix, and many of them have multiple. 4 and Ultimate, however, gave the cold shoulder to quite a few series... Just look at what Sonic, Wario, Bayonetta, Kid Icarus, and a few others got... Nothing...
Higher quality calls for higher quantity after all. I'm happy all these tracks from Smash Brawl are back.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't know why but I only recently just noticed that the Smash remix of Pollyanna has the same extended tune featured in the lyrical version.

It's a shame they cut part of the track.

I also wish they'd add more music from areas in Pikmin instead of just Forest/Garden of Hope and menu music (which are all good imo but still).

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Wouldn't hurt to give every series something new, though.
I mean Smash Ultimate May have given the cold shoulder, but and there’s reasons. Also Smash 4 gave some remixes too.

Smash Ultimate is a game celebrating Smash Bro’s 20th anniversary, and it brought back every fighter, most stages, most features, and more notable, most tracks. Given that new remixes were made, they probably wanted to distribute resources where the player popularity was, but they also had to bring back most of the tracks as well. WarioWare, Kid Icarus, and retro franchises weren’t as favorable. As for the other ones, third parties can be complicated. Final Fantasy got shafted two games in a row as a result. Some of them like Castlevania and Megaman were only able to get new remixes because their parent companies allowed it.

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
im kinda hurt by the lack of ACTUAL battle themes from the Mother series.. sigh...

on the other hand, "Ring a Ding" from style savvy is a BANGER~

Top Bottom