• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Muscle Memory Vs. Mind

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
hokay, So, here's da situation

After 2 sam adams' and 6 pounds of PBR, i played a few matches of smash against my room mate. The game was short enough to save and i will try to post it soon. It seems to me that by only muscle memory alone i won the match, and with ridiculous results. Through all of the laughing and giggling I ended up pulling off some very good grabs and "combos"(if you will).

We should do a study of players drunk games vs sober games, i would totally head that up, vid will be up soon tho so i'm hopin you guys give me some comments haha.

Drunk vids go here, post em in the thread and i'll put em on first post

R1ngo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZl7ITbr_Y4

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I could imagine someone going to a tournament drunk just to increase their chances of winning

Rykard

Smash Ace
there are a bunch of Cort vs PC chris drunk edition matches on youtube from melee. they are pretty funny if you guys are curious

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Apparently last time I was drunk I was playing teams with some people and it was 2v1 and I ***** them and got the last kill with a 9 o.O. (Gw of course)

I don't even use judgement when I'm sober LOL.

Slush

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this should be interesting. If only we could get a drunk Chudat...that would be awesome!

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Lol, I KNOW I don't play better drunk. Last time I tried I kept side-b ing off the stage instead of doing Falco's short hop double laser.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
Lets start getting videos up, label them muscle memory or something haha, i'll try to get mine up today

BTW: In my ddd vid any time that ddd is green i was totally baked

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Wow, that was really interesting.

There were some things I noticed that seemed very unique about this Ice Climber match compared to others. (I'm not sure if you being drunk (if you were) might have had something to do with this) You seemed a lot less impatient at approaching the enemy. Unlike most people who would usually run and simply approach with that momentum, you just simply walked toward Pit.... If he attack, you just stopped walking and simply waited before continuing to just walk up to Pit to attack. Also, when Nana was being comboed on, you just sat there and waited for an opening in Pit after his attack on Nana was done (which is pretty new to me) This passive playing may have to do with alcohol being a depressant (what do I know. You could have been playing like this all the time). Your CG's were unaffected by you being drunk because it seemed to have been muscle memory that simply carried that part out.

Thought this may sound weird and possibly immature, you playing drunk opened a lot of new ways of attacking the opponent for me because many people expect you to run and attack. You just walking there and spacing just by standing there or just waiting really made me think about how I could make my gameplay less aggressive and simply be calm about it in some parts of a fight.

Question:
How come that Pit didn't use an arrow that entire fight after those first two in the beginning...?!?

That was a good video. ^_^

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i play with him enough and normally pshield all of his arrows so he has just stopped using them for the most part, more people need to post vids!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i don't have the time to get drunk... too many tests/ hw assignments due... once i get some free time i totally will though.

Top Bottom