• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MunkAid 6 - Rutherford, NC - April 14th

XCaryXCoreX

Smash Cadet
Well, my friend I was riding with just decided to call the day before to let me know he doesn't "Feel Like Going" or whatever so I don't guess I'm going to be able to make it :p. Gayyyy Lol =/..

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
8/

R U cereals? That game I can blow through in a little under 6 minutes! W00!

I'd say that's around my time to actually =0. Tell me, what other scrollers can you dominate? ;D

Hey Twig, I won't be at Munkaid3 immediatley; Because of some transportation issues, I won't make it in time for teams, but you should see me like halfway into Doubles. When I arrive, give me like a 5 minute warm up period, and then we can have our money match, okay? I'm just letting you know when I'm comin so you know I'm not missing this =).

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'd say that's around my time to actually =0. Tell me, what other scrollers can you dominate? ;D
I've done anything from Donkey Kong, to Mega Man, to Sonic the Hedgehog, to even Viewtiful Joe. I admit I haven't played it all, but what I do play, it's pretty much over before it starts. Viewtiful Mode is something I need work on, IMO. Throw a pass at a few games and see if I've done them. I like a challenge, BTW.

I HEAR that you're a good Marth. It hurts me to hear I do not compare. If I ever meat . . . err . . . MEET you, I'd like to play a few matches. I just want to see where I rank. Of course, LoZR always "4 stock"s me. On the otherhand, TLOZ and 59JS seemed to be an easier battle. In any case, I'd like to meet a fellow, superior, Marth player.

Beanie

Smash Cadet
Hey ~Zio~ gives me no credit, the only reason your got so good is by getting beat by mine. :D. Well, its finally the day for the tourney...YAY!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

WHA? I MEAN! AND HE . . . AND THEY . . . AND YOU . . .

*Jumps off side of stage*

PacStrife

Smash Ace
lol, Zio your gonna beat 59JS and TOZ eventually, but mario is just too good!!!:) Someone please post the results to this asap! I wanna see how everyone did. :mario:

also check out the central NC tourney being set up, maybe I can finally play some west peoples!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
~_~

I hear team Triforce made it in second for Doubles. If this is true, I could've done some sort of good.

Sounded like great fun too.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
MunkAid 3 was great... i'll post shoutouts later and the rest of the results..

Sngles
1st Lozr
2nd Twig
3rd Munkey
4th T.C.

Doubles
1st TC & Lozr
2nd Twig & Corey
3rd Tyler & Adams
4th TLOZ & 59js

http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=events/200...&pagenumber=0=0&query=node/35786&pagenumber=0

6. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
7. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
8. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Well my friends this was an awesome tourney. Shoutoutzz time.

Twiggy/ man there we go again facing off in the finals. We just too good man. Congrats on 2nd and maybe we team up at sum tourney sometime=)

Holymarth/ You are my favorite smasher id have to say. You way too cool. Nice marth man keep it up and hope to see you soon.

Munkey/ as always thx for hosting another munkaid. Nice job placing 3rd this time. That dang twigger got in the way of me u in finals lol.

Brownguy/ we always seem to face off in early rounds of tourney somehow someway lol. Good matches my friend and nice marth as always.

Waters/ Nice getting to play you some more man. Nice falcon keep it up.

Falter/ man it was nice seeing you again. Too bad it was just you, looks like ashe smash is done for. I could tell you really improved on the falco and u made some nice wall techs. See ya soon man.

YGO BOYS/ TLOZ Dont you quit smash man dont u do it. T.C. way to do it in teams man we came and did what we said we were gonna do. 59JS you nearly killed me with all that laughing, dont give up on ganon just got a backup character. Bean being your 1st tourney you dont have nothing to be ashamed about. It happens to all of us. Trips with you guys are WAY too fun. I can not wait till the next trip like this.

Dolla/ Man i could tell that you improved some on the samus. And u didnt SD and that got you some victories lol. Good matches man

Adams/ didnt get to play you all that much we only played in pools twice. Nice shiek and good games.

Yeroc/ 1st off u crazy at the target test lol. Good seing you again man start coming to some more tourneys again.

Tyler/ man didnt get to face off at this one dude. Maybe will get some matches in next time.

EVeryone else. Good games and tourney was way too fun. Oh and letting you all know that Crew YGO is just ........ 2 Good

Peace

l0Zr=)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
>_<

I really would like to join you guys in the next trip! Please let me know ASAP when you guys are planning another trip.

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, here they come! =). HolyMarth's Shoutouts

Munkey- I just thought I'd like to thank you for running the tournament again! It was much smoother than last time, and I really enjoyed the experiance. Everybody was rly nice, and just as skilled :D. So again, thanl you for a wonderful time =).

Twig- Nice stuff on placing 2nd in both teams and singles; You're skills are rly nice, and I enjoyed playing ya =). I can't wait to play you again ^_^

Dolla- LOL at our VERY unusual pool matches >.> <.< >.> <.<.....I can't believe we played on a banned stage * MK2*, but it was rly cool nonetheless.

FalTer- Congrats on beating me in our tournament match man; It was rly cool hangin with ya again. But you better watch out man =). next time we play I'm not gonna allow you to beat me ;D. I think you and me both learned a very valuable lesson; Being tired in a tournament SUCKS AT LIFE xDDD.

59JS- OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG I SHOULDA STAYED JIGGLYPUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD no matter though, I'll remember that next time I play ya =P. Nah but srsly dude, your Ganon has lots of potential; keep on playin him, and I'll be the judge on how much better it's gotten next time we see each other =).

Furman pplz ( Leroy@ Johnny)- I'm glad you guys actually had the courage to come to this, and take a glimpse on what the tournament life is like around these parts. Now that you have an idea of what competitive smash really is, I hope you'll get more into it so you can enjoy every minute of the non stop action that goes on in the competitive ssbm scene. See you guys at the next closest tournament available! ;D.

Synk- Dang dude, looks like your Sheik was off this go around; Don't sweat it though man; You'll get em next time =).

lozr- You never cease to amaze me dude; You're just at good at SSBM as you are at being an awesome person IRL. Good stuff on taking 1st in both Singles AND doubles, as well as your superior performance in the crew match; Even though you can beat me, I'm glad you go out of your way to teach me some stuff; Keep on playing ssbm dude; you're gonna go real far if you keep this up :D. Again, AWESOME performance at the tournament, and I'll be more than happy to play you next time. Oh, and one last thing; MM $3.00 next time we see each other man =). ttyl!!!

TLOZ- You're awesome, and you wanna know why? You play Link on a tournament scene, and you are proud of it ^_^. I always love to see ppl who step it up by breaking away from the crowd, and still doing well in a tournament; We'll definitely have to play again sometime; btw, you need to play my friend Ryu; He's also a Link player; I think you two would learn alot from each other by playing. good stuff man, and peace

TC- AH HAHAHHAHAHAH LOL, WHO ON EARTH woulda thought I'd see YOU AGAIN?! XDDD I was OVERJOYED that I got to play you again from sa7; I'm also happy to see your CF is still coming along just fine. VERY NICE job on placing 1st in teams with LOzr, btw. You enjoy that prize money yo ;D.

Daniel- Honestly dude, you didn't do bad at all in the tournament =). Keep on playin dude, and you'll get up there with everyone else in no time! =).

Brownguy- GOD our Marth ditto was close dude; That was probably my most stressful match of the day, lol. See ya next time =)

My only regret is that I tired out once pools ended, and I felt I was doing horribly in the actual tourny, when I knew I was capable of doing much better; Next time I come to this, I'mma gonna sleep ALOT before hand so I don't fizzle out when the matches really count =). Good job to everyone else, and hopefully I'll play you all again sometime!

-HolyMarth-
PS- SC is your friend =P

$sD

Smash Ace
too tired for shouts

more importantly

im taking a extended break from the smash scene.
i may still post just to keep up with everything...
but for right now.....not much playing for me anymore..(like i ever played much lol)

ok bye.

59JS

Smash Apprentice
Wtf!!!!!!

I've done anything from Donkey Kong, to Mega Man, to Sonic the Hedgehog, to even Viewtiful Joe. I admit I haven't played it all, but what I do play, it's pretty much over before it starts. Viewtiful Mode is something I need work on, IMO. Throw a pass at a few games and see if I've done them. I like a challenge, BTW.

I HEAR that you're a good Marth. It hurts me to hear I do not compare. If I ever meat . . . err . . . MEET you, I'd like to play a few matches. I just want to see where I rank. Of course, LoZR always "4 stock"s me. On the otherhand, TLOZ and 59JS seemed to be an easier battle. In any case, I'd like to meet a fellow, superior, Marth player.

Nunzio, seriously why do u lie to people and say we are an easier battle. Have u forgotten what character u play and what character we play. 59JS=Ganondorf!!!(Bottom of Middle Tier[/B]) TLOZ=Link!!!!(Top of Low Tier) Of course it will seem we are an easier battle but either way u have never beat us and we never even played u seriously. The only time we do lose is when someone takes a higher tier character to fight us and even then thats only by a little bit. I don't have a problem with u or the characters others play but u have to stop lying to these people and u have to stop telling people how bad adam beats u. Tell someone about how bad u beat someone else but until u beat me don't say anything else about me or ganon. Besides that have u forgotten that we won doubles at the first tournament in Tarboro. I don't even get mad at this game that often but when i continuously see people saying things bout me and kory it ticks me off considering that we play sorrier characters. :mad:

59JS

Smash Apprentice
~_~

I hear team Triforce made it in second for Doubles. If this is true, I could've made it in well. Since they're far easier to play against than others I know.

Sounded like great fun too.

What In The Heck?????!!!!! See now I'm really starting to get ticked off, how in the world can u say crap like this when u know u don't have any experience. What makes u think u would place high? Zio u really need to get serious and give us our props. U are starting to get big headed or something and i'm not liking this, u talk as if u are beating us and stuff. U know what man, I can't even look at this no more man because this crap is ridiculous.:mad: :mad: :mad:

59JS

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, good tourney guys although it might have been my last because i see that no one understands how hard it is to win with middle and low tier characters. Good stuff everyone, just make sure u don't fight with low and mid tier characters when u play because people might start to believe they can beat u.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
Sweet Jesus.... 59js has a great Ganon.. and TLOZ has the best Link i have ever played against. I'll try to make it to a tourny that ~ZIO~ is at, so that i can own him and show him that he wouldn't have placed at munkaid...

59JS

Smash Apprentice
Man, I don't have anything against nunzio, but after losing, coming back to the boards and seeing a post like that, it makes u mad. U don't understand what that junk is like to lose to someone of equal skill because of the character they play. And its like people give me and tloz the least bit of respect compared to everyone else when we have the hardest time with our characters and we are the ones who should be getting respect because we do good with mid and low tier characters. Look at Thomas Tipman and The Germ, they are great players, better than alot of others but their characters don't allow them to show it.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I said you're an easier play THAN OTHERS. I lose to you, yes, but it isn't as bad as playing against Gerod, or Adam. >_> In no way did I say I could beat you. I just place myself in terms of play around your level SINCE I've played you and found YOU don't defeat me nearly as bad as anyone else. SEE MY POINT! :) Of course, I think you have. But don't angry that I lvl myself to you, take it as a compliment. I don't believe I'm lying. Besides, who better to boost my confidence than myself? At others expense? Unfair, yes, but it sets the stage better than say "My Marth is the best in North Carolina". That's just plain arrogant. Please forgive me and accept.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If its just props you're looking for, though.

JEREMY HAS THE BEST GANONDORF IN NORTH CAROLINA!!! 1337, HE'S SO LEET!

KORY HAS THE BEST LINK IN NORTH CAROLINA!

Obvoiusly, without you guys, North Carolina wouldn't be on the map as it is now.
Not being Sarcastic!

59JS

Smash Apprentice
I don't even care anymore anyway, i don't plan on playing this game anymore. The amazing ganon 59JS just disappeared. I'm quitting, I'm going to play a game where i can play with my favorite character and have just as much of a chance to win as everyother character. Goodbye everyone, I hope u all enjoy some donuts and coffee. Oh and Nunzio i accept, i just will have to come to gamecrazy and woop that marth of yours, and then i'll smash a hotdog over your head. (LOL) And then my quitting will be official. I don't care about what u said earlier really, its just your timing, i had just got back from losing to some shieks and peaches (I hate u Munkey, LOL).

Twiggy

Smash Lord
If its just props you're looking for, though.

JEREMY HAS THE BEST GANONDORF IN NORTH CAROLINA!!! 1337, HE'S SO LEET!

KORY HAS THE BEST LINK IN NORTH CAROLINA!

Obvoiusly, without you guys, North Carolina wouldn't be on the map as it is now.
Not being Sarcastic!
lol, not taking anything away from YGO, they're great... but lol. Have you even played anyone else in NC other than ygo?

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Jeremy, stop being emo...... If ever want to get better then your gonna have to stop feeling sorry for yourself and start to play smarter. Now what you said has some truth to it and I know it's hard to get beat by people because of teirs but you know what? The people you lost against arent ****ing Azen and they arent ****ing Ken. You lost because you didnt play like you should've plain and simple. Even the pro players have something called 'secondary characters' but i think you and Kory forgot about those a long time ago. if you wanna win then it isn't by chosing one character period, that would be too easy and make the game less fun. You HAVE to master a number of different charcters to suceed period.

Oh and what you said about you and Kory quiting, go ahead and do it. if you quit now then all it shows is that you shouldn't have ever won in the first place. If you don't have the determination to beat higher tiered characters and stop being *****es then you should quit. We will miss you but if you arent up to the challenge others are and that's up to you and Kory.

In conclusion stop being *****es, and learn how to play this ****ing game. Everyone goes through this point now you have to decide what your really gonna do. Keep playing and show what you can really do or quit and take the easy way out.

ps. im sorry it was too hard for you and your brother

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
Zio, don't take what 59JS says the wrong way, we're both pissed about what happened at the tourney, especially with doubles, and he just got upset about it. I'm really dissapointed in myself. That was the worse I've ever played. But, like 59JS said though, we are going to come in and bust some hotdogs over your head next time. LOL

Twig, Zio hasn't, he kind of just started to play competitively. I too am about to quit playin though or maybe I won't enter anymore tourneys. I'm just tired of losing to sheik and I absolutely don't have a backup character that I can use for sheik or any other higher tier character. I blame you twiggy :) LOL.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
check out the thread in my sig guys

btw i couldnt come to this tourney cause my ride skipped out on me and my truck's engine blew up... >.> i really wanted to go

Ganzu

Smash Rookie
I played fcking low tier in tournments back in the day.

Munkey always made fun of me. I never let it get me down.

I played Link and IC too.

Only chars I had problems with Link were Peach and Fox. I found out how to stop Shieks after playing against a ton of them.

As for IC. I just owned with them.

Now I am coming back and picking up Samus and I will work on my Link again since I had some *** kicking skills against Shiek.

59JS

Smash Apprentice
Fart Noises

Jeremy, stop being emo...... If ever want to get better then your gonna have to stop feeling sorry for yourself and start to play smarter. Now what you said has some truth to it and I know it's hard to get beat by people because of teirs but you know what? The people you lost against arent ****ing Azen and they arent ****ing Ken. You lost because you didnt play like you should've plain and simple. Even the pro players have something called 'secondary characters' but i think you and Kory forgot about those a long time ago. if you wanna win then it isn't by chosing one character period, that would be too easy and make the game less fun. You HAVE to master a number of different charcters to suceed period.

Oh and what you said about you and Kory quiting, go ahead and do it. if you quit now then all it shows is that you shouldn't have ever won in the first place. If you don't have the determination to beat higher tiered characters and stop being *****es then you should quit. We will miss you but if you arent up to the challenge others are and that's up to you and Kory.

In conclusion stop being *****es, and learn how to play this ****ing game. Everyone goes through this point now you have to decide what your really gonna do. Keep playing and show what you can really do or quit and take the easy way out.

ps. im sorry it was too hard for you and your brother

Have u forgotten how unbalances this game is. I've played azen. U should be able to play the character u want to without being gayed all the time. When people beat me because of skill it shows, azen beat me with everyone he chose and all those characters were low and mid tier. If anything, u guys need to learn to play this game because i don't lose in this game unless someone is playing a top tier character. I didn't lose to anyone who didn't play with top tier characters. I came in 6th, that is pretty darn good for a ganon, when everyone else is playing better characters. Besides, u don't see thomas tipman or eddie winning do u. I don't think i've seen azen or ken win with ganon, i believe i should have your respect because i've beaten some of the big people. I know u get tired of losing because of characters and i haven't seen u with a secondary.

What is this i see about not having determination, u explain to me how to beat shieks and foxes with ganon. Man i don't understand how everyone is trying to tell me what to do and how to play when me, kory, gerod, and adam have the most experience. U guys need to lighten up and just let us do what we have to do or u can pick low and mid tier characters and try to win a tourney. And i don't ever want to see the b word come out that many times again ever towards me and Tloz, might have to down stomp someone for real.

In conclusion, if I continue to play it is only going to be worse on everyone else, because it i pick a top tier character the world as we know it might disappear. If only you knew how much practice it takes to be as good as we r with our characters. Can u beat gerod's falcon and adam's fox with link or ganon? We definitely can and we have before, and at that, we don't even get a chance to play anymore now that kory is gone. I mean kory almost knocked Aho out of chudatz biweekly using only link.

~PS~ I'm glad everyone would hate to see me quit, Pac! i know this is all a stunt to get me to keep playing and i'm flattered, I just don't want to hear anyone else telling me what to do or how to play.:)

59JS

Smash Apprentice
the characters aren't there for certain people. They are open for everyone.

=]
Twiggy, not u too. LOL. I just don't want to play with anyone except ganon. Besides i don't have a problem with shiek players unless they don't main shiek and just picked her to chain grab me the whole time.:laugh:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
59JS i main ganon as well man dont give up just find a way to beat those shiek players.
there is a way and i know it. ive done it many times.

59JS

Smash Apprentice
u have my respect, and i hope u can make it down to some tournaments down here another time so we can get some ganon dittos.

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
I played fcking low tier in tournments back in the day.

Munkey always made fun of me. I never let it get me down.

I played Link and IC too.

Only chars I had problems with Link were Peach and Fox. I found out how to stop Shieks after playing against a ton of them.

As for IC. I just owned with them.

Now I am coming back and picking up Samus and I will work on my Link again since I had some *** kicking skills against Shiek.
I'm gonna have to see you fight against a shiek using link. Maybe it was because of the game choosing FD everytime I had to fight a sheik.

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
the characters aren't there for certain people. They are open for everyone.

=]
I know I know, I don't want to have to use those characters though. I only want to play with link. I hope in brawl that they give link sheik-type tilts and a shine, then everything will be fair. LOL :laugh:

The_Brownguy

Smash Ace
ok gonna try to remember everyone

lozr grats on winning and beating me and stuff. close matches like aways and somehow you always bring somethign different good job bro

59Js- great ganon next time it will be peach i play against you not marth and ganon and peach are in the same teir now^^

TLOZ you have a badass link dont let anyone tell you different,

TC didnt get to play you much, but great falco and falcon and stuff like that man hope to see all you YGO guys at more tournies, and we will rematch in crews!!

holymarth good stuff dude and i hate marth dittos

synk keep playing dude that shiek shows great potential

munk - be classy dont get head in a bathroom with 18 guys outside

watters - stay sexy forever dont change. and grow a beard

adams - good to see you again, and i hate shiek, havent ever beat you but im working on it but not today i just got done typing 3 , 5 page papers and im super retarted my mind is about ot stop

tyler - i never play you in tournaments for some reason but whatever ill beat your falco then get ***** by your super l33t zelda all lathered up in Leet sauce

Twig didnt play you at all but you know you are my favorite twig

corey it was just good to see you and hang out with you again dude and even if you quit singles come to more tournies just to play doubles.

$SD- ill help you get your revenge, cause i got minez!!! good samus and shiek like always dude

Top Bottom