• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Either way, should Godzilla not get in.

Lizzie or on a less likely note Rhedosaurus would fill in the gap that was Godzilla for me.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
The Twitter comments have been pretty negative over black adam's announcement not being announced early on when warner brothers' UK account posted that he'd be coming out in 2 days.

i don't wish to compare this to what happened to Nick All-Star Brawl & Kart Racers 3 from Nickelodeon but sometimes it's hard to get away from posts such as these.
I'm also worried about this too. At its core Multiversus is a really fun game, not a "smash-killer" by any means, but still an extremely interesting take on the platform fighting genre. It's pretty refreshing that it's trying to be its own thing and not simply another version of Melee.

However, it seems like Warner Bros is hampering its relevancy due to lack of advertisement and resources. Just like Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, Multiversus is being run by a small development team with very limited resources and there has been little advertisement for the game itself. Makes me worried about the long-term prospects for the game, as I could see MV taking a similar route to NASB in the future.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The comparaison with NASB is overly exaggerated. Yeah the Multiversus hype as slow down after launch but that was to be expected with a free games. According to Steam charts, NASB had in average 137 players with a peak of 472 players in november 2021 (a month after release). Right now Multiversus had 3 872 players in average with a peak of 11 937 players in the last 30 days (we're 3 months after the release). The situation with NASB is night and day and comparing Multiversus to it is silly and insulting to te dev who are doing a pretty good work at supporting the game (again, way better than Ludosity with NASB).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The NASB slander is unnecessary
Sorry if my message sounds rude but I'm just stating facts and numbers. Of course Steam charts numbers doesn't mean everything but at the end of the day, when Multiversus as almost 10 times the number of players than Nasb I don't really get why people compare both games like they're in the same situation. I actually think that Nasb have a way better gameplay than Multiversus so it's not like I truly hate the game, it's just that Multiversus is still doing fine.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I just think it's ridiculous that people are upset that the game is doing worse so they jump to NASB as an example even though that game is doing just fine.

And personally I think it's more fun than MvS anyway

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just think it's ridiculous that people are upset that the game is doing worse so they jump to NASB as an example even though that game is doing just fine.

And personally I think it's more fun than MvS anyway
I mean yeah I think NASB is better too but the only way it's "doing just fine" is that the Rocko showcase confirmed they're still doing updates. The playercount on the other hand is approaching what the "loldedgaem" crowd thinks it is since GameMill hasn't really been promoting updates from the item/VA one onwards.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mean yeah I think NASB is better too but the only way it's "doing just fine" is that the Rocko showcase confirmed they're still doing updates. The playercount on the other hand is approaching what the "loldedgaem" crowd thinks it is since GameMill hasn't really been promoting updates from the item/VA one onwards.
Steam numbers aren't the only ones you know

LimeTH

Smash Lord
While NASB has problems, the constant crapping on it always felt like someone going to a local mom and pop shop and complaining it isn't anything like Walmart or Target.
Like yeah, it's a licensed game but it's still a small indie studio with a ham sandwich budget who nonetheless really gave a **** about what they were making, circumstances be damned.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'ma be honest here Black Adam is the worst character of this whole season. I get it, WB probably made them do him to tie into the movie and ****, but I don't care. You have infinitely more beloved and interesting DC characters you could pick, but no, we get Shadow the Hedgehog Superman with lightning.

Green Lantern? Aquaman? Flash? The Joker? Raven? Nah, gimme freakin B L A C K A D A M said WB.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I'ma be honest here Black Adam is the worst character of this whole season. I get it, WB probably made them do him to tie into the movie and ****, but I don't care. You have infinitely more beloved and interesting DC characters you could pick, but no, we get Shadow the Hedgehog Superman with lightning.

Green Lantern? Aquaman? Flash? The Joker? Raven? Nah, gimme freakin B L A C K A D A M said WB.
I don't hate Black Adam, but he's as obvious of a promotional pick as they come. Hell, he's even before Captain Marvel/Shazam, the character he's directly based on.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I straight up didn't even know who this guy was or that there was a movie about him coming out until this game started promoting it.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I straight up didn't even know who this guy was or that there was a movie about him coming out until this game started promoting it.
i only knew who black adam was from the community of death battle and this was even before they made Black Adam Vs. Apocalypse.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Between the breakneck speed of content being released and the tiny dev team, they must be under serious crunch time. A character every two weeks is a tall order, and with a dev team as small as PFG it just doesn't seem sustainable. I personally wouldn't mind having slower release windows if it meant that the team released more polished content and had less crunch.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Between the breakneck speed of content being released and the tiny dev team, they must be under serious crunch time. A character every two weeks is a tall order, and with a dev team as small as PFG it just doesn't seem sustainable. I personally wouldn't mind having slower release windows if it meant that the team released more polished content and had less crunch.
Why are you talking about crunch when nothing ever implied that they ever were under crunch? If anything the fact that they're delaying stuff probably means that they want to avoid crunch.

Character aren't made in 2 weeks. Characters are planned way before they release and work on characters that will release next years probably started last year or even before (which is why there's so many datamined stuff). The 2 weeks between release is probably just polishing and balancing.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Why are you talking about crunch when nothing ever implied that they ever were under crunch? If anything the fact that they're delaying stuff probably means that they want to avoid crunch.

Character aren't made in 2 weeks. Characters are planned way before they release and work on characters that will release next years probably started last year or even before (which is why there's so many datamined stuff). The 2 weeks between release is probably just polishing and balancing.
Yeah, but almost every release recently has been either delayed or came with massive bugs/unfinished characters (I love my boy Stripe, but goddamn). Releases are definitely being rushed if characters have perks that straight-up don't work or have half a moveset that doesn't work as intended on release.

If the dev team was given extra time to polish characters and updates instead of trying to conform to a "character every 2 weeks" release schedule, it would help the game in the long run.

Faso115

Smash Lord
If anything, Black Adam is indicative that these game will try to tie-in to upcoming WB projects (provided they don't go down in flames LUL)

And i will defend that at least it's the character from the comics adapted to the game's artstyle and not just the rock.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Understandable, as this the second time that a character was delayed. Gizmo was the first.
1. Technically third. Morty was supposed to launch with Season 1 on August 8, but both were delayed so that Morty came out a week after season 1 started.

2. Unrelated, but the Multiversus Twitch channel will be hosting 48 hours of Scooby Doo content starting at 6 pm pst tomorrow. If you connect your Twitch account to your WB account, you can earn some items by tuning in. The max time needed appears to be 2 hours.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Season 1 on August 8, but both were delayed so that Morty came out a week after season 1 started.

2. Unrelated, but the Multiversus Twitch channel will be hosting 48 hours of Scooby Doo content starting at 6 pm pst tomorrow. If you connect your Twitch account to your WB account, you can
Alright. So, the only Season 1 characters that actually came out on time where Rick and Stripe. Morty was delayed an entire week, Gizmo was delayed two days, and we don't know how long Black Adam will be delayed for.

Top Bottom