• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
So I'm guessing Black Adam will be our next fighter given the movie is out in a few weeks?
I can’t imagine why he wouldn’t be when he’s the only character left that we officially know about. Sure, they’ve already slapped in some “unknown” characters before (Gizmo) but I can’t honestly believe Black Adam won’t be after Stripe, especially given the movie release (which is of course the only reason he’s even in the game…)

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
The Stripe trailer is pretty hype, I love that they put in the projector puppets from Gremlins 2 into the trailer. Stripe's definitely my most wanted in the current lineup of leaked characters, so I'm very happy Multiversus is giving him a ton of love.

People on the dev team seem to be big Gremlins fans and I'm all for it, the series needs more love
I love the chainsaw included here! I thought we'd be getting the render from the MV home screen, so it's a pleasant surprise to see a new render. It's also good to see some of his moveset confirmed, though I'm still holding out hope for a gremlin summon mechanic.

Also I love the mental image of all the other fighters brandishing either fantasy or sci-fi weapons, then Stripe/Brain just rolls up packing heat.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I finally have an assassin character that appeals to me directly.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Those Halloween costumes are so sick. I'm definitely trying to get both Black lantern costumes.

Also it's confirmed in the patch notes that a new stages is coming soon but exclusive to custom games. Wonder what it will be.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Ranked is apparently having a beta launch on October 25th. I think that's the release date for Black Adam.

After that that should be it for Season 1. Were we supposed to get Arcade too?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Ranked is apparently having a beta launch on October 25th. I think that's the release date for Black Adam.

After that that should be it for Season 1. Were we supposed to get Arcade too?
There was never confirmation that Arcade mode was coming in season 1. Yeah I agree that Black Adam is most likely the end of season 1, at best we might get
Beetlejuice as a surprise for Halloween
but I kind of doubt it because it would be very close to Black Adam. I still don't understand why some people in this thread was expecting like 10 characters this season.

she’s already in the game
No? Unless she voiced a character in the Korean dub and I'm not aware of it (if the game even have a Korean dub).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There was never confirmation that Arcade mode was coming in season 1. Yeah I agree that Black Adam is most likely the end of season 1, at best we might get
Beetlejuice as a surprise for Halloween
but I kind of doubt it because it would be very close to Black Adam. I still don't understand why some people in this thread was expecting like 10 characters this season.

No? Unless she voiced a character in the Korean dub and I'm not aware of it (if the game even have a Korean dub).
B-mo

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah Black Adam's basically the last Season 1 character. They could squeeze another character in after him but that wouldn't afford the character much time in the spotlight with Season 2 right around the corner. It'd be better to hold them off for Season 2's launch.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Knowing the devs, they might want to throw in one extra character, even extending season 1. But for now, temper your expectations.

I like characters and all, but QoL and other modes should be a priority

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Knowing the devs, they might want to throw in one extra character, even extending season 1. But for now, temper your expectations.

I like characters and all, but QoL and other modes should be a priority
a couple more stages wouldn't hurt

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
The combat Stripe skin just confirms to me that Stripe and Gizmo used to be the same fighter before being separated for some reason. Their movesets seem to mirror each other, with Stripe being a more aggressive version of Gizmo. Not to mention they both have down specials that look a little tacked on compared to the rest of their kits, which might've been the command to switch them like Zelda/Shiek or Pokemon Trainer.

Which is funny in a meta way considering Gizmo and Stripe used to be the same character in the original script of Gremlins before they were separated.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The combat Stripe skin just confirms to me that Stripe and Gizmo used to be the same fighter before being separated for some reason. Their movesets seem to mirror each other, with Stripe being a more aggressive version of Gizmo. Not to mention they both have down specials that look a little tacked on compared to the rest of their kits, which might've been the command to switch them like Zelda/Shiek or Pokemon Trainer.

Which is funny in a meta way considering Gizmo and Stripe used to be the same character in the original script of Gremlins before they were separated.
Is there proof that they used to be the same character in game?

D

Deleted member

space jam is probably the experimental stage they've been taasing. It's got some more stuff in the files apparently it's the space jam 2 verison and has cameos like the mystery machine. It has a basketball mini game style gimmick apparently.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
space jam is probably the experimental stage they've been taasing. It's got some more stuff in the files apparently it's the space jam 2 verison and has cameos like the mystery machine. It has a basketball mini game style gimmick apparently.
I knew it was gonna be the Space Jam 2 court, but I foolishly held out hope it'd be the Space Jam 1 court anyway.

I mean for all we know, we could get that too, if this basketball mini game becomes a thing and they need more stages for it. Which I hope it does, that sounds like a lot of fun and this game could use more alternate modes besides straight up matches.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Is there proof that they used to be the same character in game?
Not in the game itself, but the initial leaker for both Gizmo and Stripe said that they had the same character number and implied that they would be a dual fighter that could switch like pokemon trainer. There's no hard confirmation of the theory, but the fact that Stripe's moveset is reminiscent of Gizmo's and they both have the same combat themed skin gives that theory more validity.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I really doubt we'll get him this year. According to datamine this is what season 2 will most likely be (assuming we get 5 characters like season 1)
Marvin, Joker, Wick witch, Beetlejuice and maybe Animaniacs with the water tower stage

D

Deleted member

They'll probably take a little break before jumping into s2 so we're probably not getting too many more characters this year. But we've had a really good amount already.

Top Bottom