• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It'd worth noting that eleven is currently missing from the files

Even if guest characters do happen, the thing that makes Mario unlikely to me is that Nintendo seemingly don't do multiplat stuff. Epic where unable to get Samus for Fortnite dispite planning her. I dobut the devs would want a character locked to one platform.
Would the same apply to Peach & Donkey Kong too?

Faso115

Smash Lord
Makes me doubt Sony or Nintendo might have characters unless they are console exclusive. And we are past the age of accepting console exclusive characters, the last game that did that got lambasted for doing that (avengers)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Makes me doubt Sony or Nintendo might have characters unless they are console exclusive. And we are past the age of accepting console exclusive characters, the last game that did that got lambasted for doing that (avengers)
To be fair, Sony have Kratos and Nathan Drake in Fortnite with their exclusives making their way to PC so I wouldn't bring them off the table unless they decide to take a proper stab at Playstation All-Stars again which probably isn't gonna happen.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Nintendo absolutely isn't happening, but I don't think PlayStation would be nearly as strict. Sony's put their IP in Fortnite, Fall Guys, and even Genshin - and it's all available regardless of platform. Some small benefits for PS users would probably happen (for example, in Fortnite there's an additional style for the Kratos skin that you only get by playing on Playstation), but the character themselves would be available everywhere.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
To be fair, Sony have Kratos and Nathan Drake in Fortnite with their exclusives making their way to PC so I wouldn't bring them off the table unless they decide to take a proper stab at Playstation All-Stars again which probably isn't gonna happen.
Sony should just make a platform fighter with all the properties they have in general so we can have Walter White vs. Morbius vs. George Costanza

Faso115

Smash Lord
I will be take my hat off if they actually get Walter White in the game even if i myself don't think it's happening.

For now, imma gonna show my support for this absolute chad

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
PFG would never add an Nintendo character. Chars take a bunch of resources, striking a deal with Nintendo and forcing a platform exclusive character goes against Player First Games' entire motto.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Daffy is imo a very safe character and he will probably join the game eventually, probably in the first year. My guess is that they didn't want too many characters from the same franchise at launch and Taz was prioritize because of his moveset he's still very popular.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hasn't Daffy been datamined anyways?

It's an obvious no brainer he was gonna be a shoe-in for sure along with Joker and Scooby-Doo.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I hope Daffy comes soon, he'd be a blast to play.

Question is, which version of Daffy do you think they'll go for? The early screwball Daffy they've brought back in recent LT media, or the pompous egotist Daffy? I think I'd prefer a mix of both, rather than prioritizing one over the other.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Daffy is imo a very safe character and he will probably join the game eventually, probably in the first year. My guess is that they didn't want too many characters from the same franchise at launch and Taz was prioritize because of his moveset he's still very popular.
I believe that Daffy will be much farther out due to his lack of presence in the datamines, if he's even in anyways.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even though they're obviously in. Having no Daffy and Scooby would just feel wrong especially the latter if the case was having Shaggy and Velma but not Scooby.
Scooby was datamined so he's probably coming later, probably in the horror themed Season 2 alongside Gizmo, the Wicked Witch of the West, and Beetlejuice.

D

Deleted member

Even though they're obviously in. Having no Daffy and Scooby would just feel wrong especially the latter if the case was having Shaggy and Velma but not Scooby.
Scooby does have some voice lines referring to him. If the next season is Halloween themed like some are saying then I think we could get him then.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Question is, which version of Daffy do you think they'll go for? The early screwball Daffy they've brought back in recent LT media, or the pompous egotist Daffy? I think I'd prefer a mix of both, rather than prioritizing one over the other.
I hope for the latter one as I'm more familiar with that interpretation but there's no reason why they can't pull from both in different voice lines.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's the season themes in more detail, based on many people's predictions (including my own):

Season 1: Space (Lebron, Rick, Morty, Marvin)
Season 2: Halloween (Scooby, Beetlejuice, Wicked Witch of the West, Gizmo)
Season 3: DC Comics (Joker, Poison Ivy, Black Adam, Raven, Static, Nubia)
Season 4: Fantasy (Gandalf, Daenerys, the Hound, Craig, Eleven)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's the season themes in more detail, based on many people's predictions (including my own):

I thought Gandalf had been scrapped?

Also Stranger Things is fantasy? Never saw it as that honestly.

D

Deleted member

Does Eleven really count as fantasy? I guess there's the DND stuff. I don't know enough about Craig to comment on that one

If you believe the OG leaker. We may not get Gandalf for some time due to issues with the Tolkin esate. Which I hope isn't the case because he's kind of must have for this game

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly I never had taken Stranger Things and Eleven as fantasy.

Once again too wasn't Gandalf, Eleven, and Craig scrapped apparently?

D

Deleted member

we don't know if they're scrapped for good. They're not I'm the files currently but that doesn't mean gone forever. Stuff can come back. It happens.

stranger thing features DND and it's tropes heavily and features characters who fall into roles like Mage and paladin. There are definitely fantasy elements but I wouldn't call it a "fantasy series"

Last edited by a moderator:

LimeTH

Smash Lord

It's very possible they just took their files out of the game to keep dataminers from leaking everything out.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

he’s always been both

well not always but most of it

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I think 7 characters is way too optimistic for a single season (unless seasons are very long). Most season will probably have like 3 characters. Lebron doesn't even count has a season 1 character, he's there since the pre-season.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Nintendo characters aren’t coming since they are cry babies about their characters being on different platforms just like how epic games couldn’t get Samus in fortnite due to Nintendo insisting to be a switch exclusive thing.
On the other hand when it comes to non-Warner bros reps I think it’s better to obtain characters from companies that are easier to deal with and there are many good choices I would definitely say someone like Crewmate from Among Us would be a good deal

Nintendo characters aren’t coming since they are cry babies about their characters being on different platforms just like how epic games couldn’t get Samus in fortnite due to Nintendo insisting to be a switch exclusive thing.
On the other hand when it comes to non-Warner bros reps I think it’s better to obtain characters from companies that are easier to deal with and there are many good choices I would definitely say someone like Crewmate from Among Us would be a good deal
I mean, also Johnny Test could be good choice, since he has a WB connection.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Which is funny because there's four DC characters in base. lol
Like the main three make sense, but Harley feels like it's pushing it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Which is funny because there's four DC characters in base. lol
Like the main three make sense, but Harley feels like it's pushing it.
I think it's unfair to consider DC a "series", I'd say it's closer to a category like "Cartoon Network" or "HBO". It's even more than that, because DC characters appear in basically every facet of media, from comics to movies to video games. They probably labeled all the DC characters as just "DC" because it's a lot simpler than deciding which subseries everyone belongs to (Do Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman count as their own series or part of the Justice League? Is Harley from the Batman series, the Suicide Squad series, or her own? etc.)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think it's unfair to consider DC a "series", I'd say it's closer to a category like "Cartoon Network" or "HBO". It's even more than that, because DC characters appear in basically every facet of media, from comics to movies to video games. They probably labeled all the DC characters as just "DC" because it's a lot simpler than deciding which subseries everyone belongs to (Do Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman count as their own series or part of the Justice League? Is Harley from the Batman series, the Suicide Squad series, or her own? etc.)
You could make a similar case for Looney Tunes.

Sure, it's all in one now, but it wasn't back in the day. It was split between Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, beyond the occasional crossover, characters were almost always separated into their own subseries of shorts. It was all the same universe, but the characters were mostly standalone.

DC's different characters and subseries all exist in a singular universe, even if they're separated, much like Looney Tunes. That's why it's labeled DC. It's one big body of work encompassed by a singular title.

Top Bottom