• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multi-Man Mayhem

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
"After yesterday's lackluster update, this was a real treat. It's nice to see this mode return, with all six still intact. Maybe there should have been new modes, but this thing also came with three new updates:

1) Now you get to pummel new ememies: the Fighting Alloy Team. And I must say, they look quite snazzy.

2) More co-op modes are revealed as all modes will support a second player. I'm starting to like these. Should be interesting.

3) And this is my favorite update: Multi-Man Melee Online! I thought the co-op was neat, but to get others from across the world to help out? What a treat! I do have a couple people on my list I want to try this out with. I can't wait."

My initial thoughts, as I totally for bout looking into the alloys or the menu more in depth. Hopefully, I'll get better at it.

espio87

Smash Ace

They are sooo different from the alloy ones...
Zelda is different, Falcon is not. The red alloy's stance when he punches is exactly the same as Falcon's: the legs are in the same position, his right arm too and the left punch covers the same distance. Zelda on the other hand seems to have a different falling animation than the blue alloy, does anyone have a picture a ZSS falling?
also, having horns doesn't neccesarily mean that the yellow alloy has the moveset of a character with horns. Ganondorf in melee was a clone of C. Flacon, but Ganondorf had a cape, Dr. Mario was a clone of Mario but he didn't have a cap, young link was a clone of link but he was shorter! And the fighting polygon team were clones of the SSB64 roster but they had different designs!
Moving on, I loved this update and I'm glad that Sakurai decided make the fighting team bigger than in melee.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Blue is clearly ZSS for one thing the hair, and have anyone else noticed the the ZS is blue? anyone please tell me you all are not blind...

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Pictochat. Nuff said. Icon is little importance.

Also I was being sarcastic. The horns mean nothing.
There's still no proof that a DS-based character isn't available.

Also, there's a big difference between a game system as an icon and a very specific series.

I realize you were being sarcastic, but the horns do mean something. Sakurai is not the kind of designer to say "Ah, what the hell. Let's just do whatever." He has a habit of giving things significance.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
There's still no proof that a DS-based character isn't available.

Also, there's a big difference between a game system as an icon and a very specific series.

I realize you were being sarcastic, but the horns do mean something. Sakurai is not the kind of designer to say "Ah, what the hell. Let's just do whatever." He has a habit of giving things significance.
I think you're nitpicking at details. Why do the Alloys have to be exact copies of existing characters? Notice the Green Alloy. Does Kirby have a horn, HMM? Not everything needs a reason. Just like the clouds in the first trailer that had people going nuts.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I think you're nitpicking at details. Why do the Alloys have to be exact copies of existing characters? Notice the Green Alloy. Does Kirby have a horn, HMM? Not everything needs a reason. Just like the clouds in the first trailer that had people going nuts.
what were those clouds again???????

Revven

FrankerZ
Look on the first page plz and look at the Meteos boxart.

There's your design and how Sakurai got the idea how to design these Alloys.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Fighting teams base comes from the movesets and etc of other characters, in every game

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
The red one is Falcon. I think yellow one maybe Animal Crosser after all.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
"These horns are so scintillating!"

I think this is a quote from earthbound. Monotoli, referring to the Evil Mani Mani statue. Which is a gold statue... That's evil... I think, anyway, I'm not sure...

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Why do you keep think Brawl is exactly the same to Melee? Some animations might have been slightly alterd, or some moves might have been taken out and replaced by a new one. Remember Mario's F-air from Smash Bros 64 to the F-air one in Brawl/Melee? A difference, huh?

saud

Smash Lord

It’s pretty obvious that the Red Alloy is Captain Falcon, same stance of punch. Simple.

Some thing the Blue Alloy is Zero Suit Samus because of the ponytail, but this isn’t so. The ponytail means nothing, as the spiked shoulder pads mean nothing for the Falcon Alloy and the Horns on the Yellow Alloy don’t mean Meteos either.
Instead of Zero Suit Samus others thought of Zelda (she was used for Multi-Man Melee, so why not Multi-Man Brawl?) but I thought Peach.

Here I noticed the arms. As you can see, Zelda’s left arm extends almost flat out where Peach and the Blue Alloy both crop their left arm up at almost a 90 degree angle. Match.

And here you we see that the legs of the Blue Alloy and Zelda don’t match up. Zelda’s legs bend inwards toward her rear and the Blue Alloy extends her legs out inform of her, Matching Peach’s legs and feet placement.

Just because it has Horns doesn’t mean he is Meteos, same with the ponytail.

(Because Lucas is a Ness clone, by movement of walking, body and some moves I will be using Ness as an image reference)
I first thought of Ness/Lucas when I saw Yellow Alloy because of the arm placement to the torso and feet.
See how his left arm is tucked back and right pushed forward like the Yellow Alloy. It looks the same but its not. It’s actually Mario. The glowing balls for hands threw me off, the Alloy is actually holding a fist and angled right arm like Mario as he keeps his right arm tucked back extended a tiny big to the side.

Also, we can see here that Mario falls much more similarly to the Yellow Alloy than Ness does, with the legs extended downward, not to the sides, and feet match respectively to Mario’s.

As for getting hit my Mario’s side Smash, Ness’s head is tucked way too far down to match the Yellow Alloy while Mario’s frame matches the extended arms and bent legs with head in proper place.

And as for the Green Alloy I see it as Kirby. I know its kind of a “duh” but Ill explain anyway.

Seen here Kirby’s legs match the Green Alloy’s by the angle in which they are extended away from each other and his turned body.

Biggest proof I see is when Kirby and Green Alloy are hit by Mario’s side Smash. Both are bent in similar fashion and feet, one bent up one bent down.

Here we see Kirby standing on his toes (or whatever he has) tilting forward to get a better look at something or other, in game mode and the Subspace Emissary, and his form seems to Match that of Green Alloy’s stance in the opening picture.

So from these visuals and explanations, these are my deductions.
Red Alloy: Captain Falcon
Blue Alloy: Peach
Yellow Alloy: Mario
Green Alloy: Kirby
What he said :D

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
The posing study is genius, never would have noticed that on my own. The 'gentle' comment does hint at Peach over action-star Samus.

...Eh...Green Alloy keeps reminding me of a jet engine with legs. Can't get around it, the fin doesn't help. Choosing Kirby may hint they powered him up a bit from Melee, how else would he get by without special moves?

The designs are interesting, the light dots for extremities and faces really does make them look like computer drones. Notice the way their ribs are just energy cores linking their halves together...If these were in-game enemies I'd guess you have to hit the exposed core to take them out. Makes them seem mass-produced.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
"All right. Let's go ashore!!! TO EAT!!!!... Then on to Alabasta.""Alabasta's an afterthought!!?"- One Piece

This is great! The wireframes were just really bland to me. After you learned what they did, it was easy to defeat them! Now, these Fighting Alloys look like a challenge! They might be able to change up their fighting styles. And I am gonna love pounding the Blue Alloy away!!! Jet Kirby, depending on how you mean it, isn't a new power. Jet Kirby is one of the powers from the anime. If you're just having pun, then never mind what I just said. Anime Jet Kirby was wearing something similar to a jet pack for his ability hat and he was able to fly.

Around 15 days until One Piece: Unlimited Adventure comes out!:chuckle:

mas369

Smash Apprentice
Announcing a Non-playable Captain Falcon clone before Captain Falcon himself is pure torture.

Yesterday's update made me feel iffy about this week, but this update made me confident that this week will be somewhat good, if not the best week we've had in ages.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Y'know what'd be great? If you could unlock the Fighting Wire Frames and Fighting Polygon Team to fight against in Multi Man Melee Brawl. Maybe even with more Polygons for the new characters?

I do like the Fighting Alloy Team, though. Though they remind me of Power Rangers somehow. Probably the colors. I am a little scared by Green Alloy's huge size, though. If he's based on Kirby, he's a REALLY BIG Kirby. o.o;

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, the Green Alloy looks a lot like Sir Kibble from the Kirby series to me, and that fin on the top of his head is unsettling. It wouldn't make sense, however, for Kirby to have a fin on top of his head, but maybe I'm looking too deep into things?

Top Bottom