• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MU Thread v2 | PM 3.5 Ness Matchup Discussion |

ilysm

sleepy
Gotcha! I'll keep that in mind! ^_^

Also Boiko Boiko out of curiosity why do you think Sonic is Ness's worst matchup so far? I always thought it'd be Samus (or maybe Sheik or Marth but idk). I'd like to hear opinions on this.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Gotcha! I'll keep that in mind! ^_^

Also Boiko Boiko out of curiosity why do you think Sonic is Ness's worst matchup so far? I always thought it'd be Samus (or maybe Sheik or Marth but idk). I'd like to hear opinions on this.
All four are really hard, I think it comes down to play style, tbh. If you're patient and good at baiting approaches, you'll do well against Marth but struggle against Sonic and have a somewhat more difficult time with Samus and Sheik. If you're really good putting on corner pressure and reacting to approaches, and forcing option selects, you'll be fine against Sheik and Samus and be fine against Marth.

No matter what though, Sonic is just go to beat you in almost every regard. He can punish you pretty much anything and has really good combos on Ness. He kills early, has guaranteed set ups, can't really be comboed out of grabs or edge guarded. Winning neutral against him is really hard. Ness has a problem with circle camping, and Sonic is pretty good at that.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Matchup from :ness2:'s Perspective (+3 has Ness winning)

+3:
+2::bowser2::dk2::yoshi2:
+1::snake::ganondorf::dedede:
0:
:falco::samus2::lucas::squirtle::ivysaur::pikachu2::charizard::jigglypuff:
-1::fox::metaknight::mewtwopm::wolf::rob::mario2::falcon::lucario::zerosuitsamus::olimar::zelda::luigi2::popo:
-2::toonlink::marth::sheik::roypm::peach::sonic::ike::gw::link2::wario::kirby2::pit:
-3:

What do you guys think? Anything wildly inaccurate?

Not my opinion. This is for updating the (outdated) community matchup chart.

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
Matchup from :ness2:'s Perspective (+3 has Ness winning)

+3:
+2::bowser2::dk2::yoshi2:
+1::snake::ganondorf::dedede:
0:
:falco::samus2::lucas::squirtle::ivysaur::pikachu2::charizard::jigglypuff:
-1::fox::metaknight::mewtwopm::wolf::rob::mario2::falcon::lucario::zerosuitsamus::olimar::zelda::luigi2::popo:
-2::toonlink::marth::sheik::roypm::peach::sonic::ike::gw::link2::wario::kirby2::pit:
-3:

What do you guys think? Anything wildly inaccurate?

Not my opinion. This is for updating the (outdated) community matchup chart.
Most are probably within one line of being correct, but I do think this needs updating. I don't think Ness has nearly that many -2 MUs anymore.

I'd say Falco is definitely a losing MU. It's close, probably -1, but I feel like the neutral game is decidedly in his favor. Same with Samus, though for different reasons. I think you could even make anargument that she's -2, but -1 is probably fine. I'm not too sure about Ivysaur, haven't seen it hashed out enough at the top level, but I feel like it's pretty hard and could be -1 as well.

R.O.B. and Lucario I think are solidly even. Mario and Zelda are hard, but probably still relatively even MUs as well. Olimar might actually be in our favor, but definitely isn't a losing MU imo. ICs are pretty hard, actually, They might be -2 now.

Peach, Pit and Link aren't probably as bad as I once thought. Probably -1 or even. Kirby is even. I think Wario, Sonic, and GnW are -1.

For reference, here is a list that r/20PSI recently came up with:http://imgur.com/JXNsbYK

It wasn't complete agreement, but it's a decent place to start from.

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
Can we revive an old thread? O.o

Top Bottom