• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSOP1 results

viperboy_74

Smash Master
doubles -
1. Darkrain/Dope
2. Jiano/Drephen
3. Sliq/Kel
4. Eddie/Chen
5. Tapion/Crashman
5. Khepri/Kels
7. Tink/Watty
7. Big C/Zozefup
9. Lemon/Viperboy
9. Matt and Tom Radovich
9. Jesi/Z
9. AOB/Deku
13. 5150/Mundungo
13. Edubs/Soap
13. Shade/Kryptic
13. Dmac/Dyc

singles.
1. darkrain
2. dope
3. tink
4. sliq
5. Matt Radovich
5. Tom Radovich
7. Jiano
7. Drephen
9. Eddie
9. Tapion
9. Z
9. DYC
13. Viperboy
13. Chen
13. Big C
13. Khepri
17. Soap
17. Daveo
17. Kels
17. Deku
17. AOB
17. Crashman
17. Shaeden
17. Dmac
25. Big R
25. Frenzie Fool
25. Ripple
25. 5150
25. Slomo
25. The Walking Thano
25. Cork
25. Kel

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I wish we could have come to this. Good stuff @ Sliq/Kel in doubles, hope I get to see you guys again sometime...
Are the pools going to be up with the bracket? Because I want to see how Zozefup and Watty didn't make brackets ;_;

mathos

Smash Champion
Watty got high and played Game and Watch. Scrubtastic.

From what I hear it was ran pretty well. Good **** Viperboy.

However who are these Radovich characters? Is this an inside joke of some sort? Cause I need to apply points accordingly.

edub

Smash Apprentice
I wish we could have come to this. Good stuff @ Sliq/Kel in doubles, hope I get to see you guys again sometime...
Are the pools going to be up with the bracket? Because I want to see how Zozefup and Watty didn't make brackets ;_;
me, zozefup, and rob gambino needed to leave early because rob had work :(
it sucked... but zoze would have made it out of pools

edub

Smash Apprentice
Watty got high and played Game and Watch. Scrubtastic.

From what I hear it was ran pretty well. Good **** Viperboy.

However who are these Radovich characters? Is this an inside joke of some sort? Cause I need to apply points accordingly.
no, they are twins from U of I i believe. they don't travel much, but are excellent players

viperboy_74

Smash Master
it went fairly well, except for losing set ups early in the day... but considering that into play, it ran well...

thanks to darkrain and crew for the help, and to all the attendants for making it possible

and edubs nailed it about the radovich brothers

edit: i have the bracket on my laptop, i'll try to get it posted later, but i have class in 15 minutes, then work tonight, so it may be tomorrow before that happens

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Mathos--the Radovich bros. are marth1 and his brother. You see, back when Tom was a noob he took his favorite character and stuck a 1 on it. Lots of people start out with stupid nicknames:
Fierce Deity Vegeta (fdv)
Mew2King (M2K)
MarthMasterMD (M3D)
DeathMachine (dmac)
darkk09 (darkrain)
X Infested Falcon (XIF)
Master of Flames (Mofo)
Wiperboy_74 (TJ)
Captain Falcon (Wuhubettur)
Wuhubettur (AOB)
AOB (Andy)

...yes, back in 10th grade I was a moderator at Gamerboards and my alias was Captain Falcon. I was soooo cool!!! I picked two more dumb nicknames after that.

BIG C

Smash Master
what about viperboy 74

1. 74 no one knows why it's 74. and how exactly does one become a viperboy idk. I think TJ just liked snakes too much. even tho it's not a char.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I believe TJ's grandpa was killed by a viper in 1974. It's not a very good nickname, but considering that it's a memorial I'll let it slide.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Mathos--the Radovich bros. are marth1 and his brother. You see, back when Tom was a noob he took his favorite character and stuck a 1 on it. Lots of people start out with stupid nicknames:
Fierce Deity Vegeta (fdv)
Mew2King (M2K)
MarthMasterMD (M3D)
DeathMachine (dmac)
darkk09 (darkrain)
X Infested Falcon (XIF)
Master of Flames (Mofo)
Captain Falcon (Wuhubettur)
Wuhubettur (AOB)
AOB (Andy)

...yes, back in 10th grade I was a moderator at Gamerboards and my alias was Captain Falcon. I was soooo cool!!! I picked two more dumb nicknames after that.
This is an amazingly informative post, I'm quoting it so I can find it more easily later.

Kel

Smash Master

<3

Kels, use a new name =)

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
it woulda been wayyy cooler if ppl didnt leave and take setups like johntastic noobs. also my bracket was mad gay i was on fire tho o well ish happens.
It would have been cool if they didn't take setups to begin with. I came to this tournament to have some fun and play some smash. I can't ask off of work; I got too much crap going on. Right now I'm going to school and working midnight shifts. I don't have a permanent place to stay. I was sleeping on park benches for awhile, but right now I have a pastor that is letting me sleep in his church. I got offered an apartment through the housing program down here, and it should be ready in a week or so. My girl went to the Philippines to give birth and decided I don't do enough for her and wants the kid to have nothing to do with me. I send 1/4 of what I make to support the baby, and I've sent $1200 dollars while the baby is just 2 and a half months old. Right now I'm trying to find a lawyer or anyone that will help me out for when she gets back to the states. Lawyers are wanting $3000 out of me just to prove paternity and $9000 for any fight of custody whatsoever. The DCFS and Land of Lincoln are not willing to help at all. The courthouse was not even willing to help me go to court myself and get a court appointed lawyer. They tried to tell me I couldn't even do that.

I'm really sorry to everyone that was so mad they lost a couple of setups though. Seriously, if set ups are an issue, you should bring em yourself to make sure you have enough. Some things are more important to people than making sure a videogame tournament can use your tv through the whole thing. Zozefup and Edub hadn't even finished their games, so it wasn't like we just played our games and left.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I think (or hope) that when Charles referred to "johntastic noobs" he was being only half-serious.

BIG C

Smash Master
is "chen" pete chen? cause if so, then good job to pete =)
yea it is sir.

and johntastic noobs is just something for like the ppl who just played their matches and left having something else to do like work or anything is understandable. but alot of the ppl were just like ok we lost time to leave.

edub

Smash Apprentice
yea it is sir.

and johntastic noobs is just something for like the ppl who just played their matches and left having something else to do like work or anything is understandable. but alot of the ppl were just like ok we lost time to leave.
dude it's cool

next time we play donkey kong, lets try to get past level 3. LOL!

Zjiin

Smash Master
yea it is sir.

oh man there's a steady flow of huge johns commin out of dis 'ere Cenardson.

Sliq

Smash Master
This tournament was awesome, mostly due to the night before at Viperboy's house.

I should have pictures up soon, and Jiano should have the videos up sometime tomorrow, according to what he told me.

I don't know when Kel will have up the Finals and various other matches he got with his camera.

Big_R

Smash Champion
lol god deezy watty. you should rly enter and actually play a singles tourny sometimes. johns out the wazoo these last few.

also sry viperboy i kinda kept bothering watty to go. i didn't know he was gonna take ur partna and squander and lose to the best samus in the midwest, crashman.

rofl

also ggs ppl except dmac what the heck is wrong with you? we were supposed to win 1st round then we'd meet second round and you would dmac snipe me...aww i lost man that sucks wait dmac lost too this man pulls insane sniping. rediculous! cok killer...

Watty

Smash Lord
i placed higher than watty i'm best samus in midwest!
before my time is done with this game i will look over ur corpse and smile. seriously though i havent read such BS in ages lol. nah crash ur 2222 good to bad u didnt beat me once rofl

night b4 made the tourney i love juss chillen with you all if any1 is traveling and juss needs to crash you call me i will hook u up i love you guys

VB i love you sorry with the partner thing and we didnt even make any noise. wtf i dont get it.

venue was ballin though we ran like an hour behind schedule but i felt like it ran smooth as hell and i love my mw boys seeing u guys make the trip every time

next time boys imma bring the noise and no not G&W bell but instead u will juss hear bang and boom cause imma be shooting sooooooo many missiles

TAPION - ****ING SAW U AGAIN ITS BEEN A MINUTE GOOD SIR AND U DIDNT LET ME DOWN TAKE IT EASY BIG PAPA

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Midwest: I love you guys, you make the tournaments worth going to. I doubt I would play smash if I was from anywhere else (south is cool too). Sorry we took the set ups early, we stayed as long as we could. I think Rob Gambino was even an hour late for work and got into some trouble.

Viperboy: One of the best tournaments I've been to. Good job. Playing at your house the night before makes it awesome, and I improved a ton.

Big C: BIG C!!!!!!!! Dude, you freakin own!! Thanks for being my partner, I know the situation was kinda weird. You had 7 kills, gave over 600% damage, and only took 300% against Eddie and Chen! I got ***** that game and you still won it for us. I don't know if our teamwork was good or if you just pwn, but we only lost to jjiano/drephen and darkrain/dope. No shame in that. Oh yea.. and sorry about the missles...

dekuscrub: I've improved a ton since st. louis, so I was expecting to smoke you this tournament. I guess you improved a ton too, I felt hopeless :(. Good job man.

Edubs: awesome road trip! How did you get so good so fast?? We need to form an SI crew and take down memphis sometime soon.

dope: Good stuff!! I wish I could have watched your singles matches. Now I don't feel so bad for losing that MM to you in St. Louis lol.

Crashman: You improved a ton too. I think your finally caught up to Hylan in skill. Whats with the Pikachu though??

Drephen: what happened? I expected you to win the whole thing. You we're obviously the best player there :p

Ihavespaceballs: Where were you man?? Tournament was awesome, I was hopeing to see you there. PM me about the next memphis tournament and I'll be there. And I didn't get to stay for singles :(

Eddie: CHARGE BLASST!!

BIG C

Smash Master
Midwest: I love you guys, you make the tournaments worth going to. I doubt I would play smash if I was from anywhere else (south is cool too). Sorry we took the set ups early, we stayed as long as we could. I think Rob Gambino was even an hour late for work and got into some trouble.

Viperboy: One of the best tournaments I've been to. Good job. Playing at your house the night before makes it awesome, and I improved a ton.

Big C: BIG C!!!!!!!! Dude, you freakin own!! Thanks for being my partner, I know the situation was kinda weird. You had 7 kills, gave over 600% damage, and only took 300% against Eddie and Chen! I got ***** that game and you still won it for us. I don't know if our teamwork was good or if you just pwn, but we only lost to jjiano/drephen and darkrain/dope. No shame in that. Oh yea.. and sorry about the missles...

dekuscrub: I've improved a ton since st. louis, so I was expecting to smoke you this tournament. I guess you improved a ton too, I felt hopeless :(. Good job man.

Edubs: awesome road trip! How did you get so good so fast?? We need to form an SI crew and take down memphis sometime soon.

dope: Good stuff!! I wish I could have watched your singles matches. Now I don't feel so bad for losing that MM to you in St. Louis lol.

Crashman: You improved a ton too. I think your finally caught up to Hylan in skill. Whats with the Pikachu though??

Drephen: what happened? I expected you to win the whole thing. You we're obviously the best player there :p

Ihavespaceballs: Where were you man?? Tournament was awesome, I was hopeing to see you there. PM me about the next memphis tournament and I'll be there. And I didn't get to stay for singles :(

Eddie: CHARGE BLASST!!

yea i was on fire that game i guess.the missles helped and hurt at times so it's all good.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
...then where on earth did that nickname come from? It's terrible! Is a 1974 Dodge Viper your favorite car?

brawlpro--look more carefully.

soap

Smash Hero
Finals were amazing...dope you is too fun to watch when you're on.. too bad you didnt have your medicine in dallas, and darkrain is always entertaining wish i could see him play more in person

Drephen- you lost to sliq again, do work

watty-nub

bigr-your falco is sweet, start placing well

frenzie-you got 4stocked son

edub-glad i ended up doin teams

cups, Dyc, marth1 (or maybe his brother..iono?), chentastic, tapion, frenzie, and BigGman-good ***** games, had alot of fun... except dyc that was just gay

frenziemobile was alot of fun...cok out

Zozefup

Smash Lord
i hope these pictures contain a full picture of an entire galaxy cuz 120 mb is ****ing disgusting
It took me an hour to download them, and they weren't even that good :(. Are we going to get videos up from this tournament?

Top Bottom