• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ms. Pac-Man's DLC Madness! a Support Thread

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Thats cute. I really think she has a great chance. she is nearly as Iconic as Pac-Man, one of the first staring Female characters in gaming, and would be a very easy echo to make. Plus, if the leak is right, that means only Namco didn't get another rep, and they are the co-developers of the game!
Honestly, that's one of my big concerns too. Namco Bandai really does deserve at least an echo as a second character from their company given their work on the game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thats cute. I really think she has a great chance. she is nearly as Iconic as Pac-Man, one of the first staring Female characters in gaming, and would be a very easy echo to make. Plus, if the leak is right, that means only Namco didn't get another rep, and they are the co-developers of the game!
I could very well see her get added as DLC at some point (in a Namco characters pack, perhaps?), should that case scenario happen.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I love to join the support group here, I always wanted Ms Pac Man as a costume for Pac-Man but since he already has a set that doesn't feature her in that nature so her as an echo would do as well plus she can get her own set of colors too!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Okay, so I've made sure to check the official datamined list of spirits, and Ms. Pac-Man isn't on it at all. Even the Mother Fairy from Pac-Land has a spirit.

https://pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N

This is really strange, given that she has a background cameo on the PL stage. So either Bamco is continuing to downplay her hardcore, or something's up.
Strange for sure, but can she she really not be an echo fighter? we know these 5 DLC are all not echo fighters... unless they plan to give us some free echo fighters not part of the pass.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Strange for sure, but can she she really not be an echo fighter? we know these 5 DLC are all not echo fighters... unless they plan to give us some free echo fighters not part of the pass.
I mean I doubt they’d give out free Echo Fighters based off third-party characters, but who knows? Maybe she could be a bonus to a DLC fighter pack of a Namco rep.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I swear, Pac has gotten the shaft with Ultimate in terms of representation. And the sad thing is if Missy were an echo, I would have gladly accepted it all warmheartedly. It would have made up the lack of Pac-Man World material in Smash for me considering only as of recently has Namco been trying to undo their retcon of her along with reverting Ghostly Adventures trying to be a "reboot" of the entire franchise.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Didn't notice Ms. Pac isn't even a spirit. That's REALLY odd...
I highly doubt she'll get in as DLC or a free echo, but I want to dream.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's a little odd. Including his fighter spirit, there are only 5 Pac-Man spirits in the game. I'm surprised characters like Ms. Pac-Man, and Jr. Pac-Man, didn't get spirits as well...
Not just them, barely any Namco content besides music is in there. Heihachi, Mappy and the Prince among others can only show up as Pac-cameos.

I honestly wonder what the holdup at Bamco is. Are they so modest to let other third parties have a chance to put their stuff in here?

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Just thought I'd post this here to check for a pulse.
Straight from the depths of Reddit, courtesy of user PoetenGeten .

I absolutely love this, especially the second row. Only changes I'd suggest would be different shades of yellow for each, & to swap the green/purple-clad Pac for that "turn-to-blue" ghost alt everyone has asked for (you know the one).

Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Hello. I made a speculation video about the Fighters Pass, and I snuck in Ms. Pac at the end of the video:
Please excuse the sandbag-like voice.

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
Not just them, barely any Namco content besides music is in there. Heihachi, Mappy and the Prince among others can only show up as Pac-cameos.

I honestly wonder what the holdup at Bamco is. Are they so modest to let other third parties have a chance to put their stuff in here?
The lack of Pac-Man spirits baffles me. They don't have to go all out with representing the extended Pac-Man family, but Ms. Pac-Man is a huge name that would've made perfect sense as a spirit fight at the very least.

Honestly, I'm kind of holding out hope for her as a Fighters Pass character, with a redesigned Pac-Maze as her stage and her batch of spirits including characters from Pac-Man World and Maze Madness. I feel like it's very unlikely, but she's such a perfect choice for a costume for a character with very poor costumes, or such a perfect candidate for an Echo Fighter in a game that started marketing them that I find it incredible that she's not in already.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My only hope for Ms. Pac-Man at this point is that they do an Echo Fighter's Pass at some point.

Other candidates for echos include Ninten, Impa, Octoling, Shadow, and Jeanne. Personally, I think a pack of them would be well-worth buying.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
@ AtGames
alright bruh-huh.jpg

UGH. Bamco, I beg of you, please put aside your sensitive feelings towards the Mrs. & just take her in. The Pac-Man franchise as we know it is already a nostalgia-pandering, mobile-bound shell of itself, but unlike the likes of Banjo, Mega Man or Crash, it doesn't even have immense vocal outcry/passion to fall back on.

Losing Ms. Pac-Man, as far as I'm concerned, will be the closest I'll get to declaring a series dead. Pac-Man will have officially become Zombie Pac-Man.
Just dragging along in mobile-purgatory, forever coasting off of the glory days & shunning anything big or non-maze oriented.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The last thing I need is Ms. Pac-Man becoming the character of a shoddy bootleg game. The word about ATGames selling crummy products must be spread, until they no longer have enough money left to even afford paying off rent.

This is almost as bad as the legal messes regarding SDF Macross and Ultraman. I've seen this happen enough, and I won't stand for it.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I seriously don't understand for the life of me why Namco resents Ms. Pac-Man so much. It honestly frustrates me. She deserves so much more love and attention than she has been given the past decade. The most obvious choice for an echo fighter, and she gets nothing, not even a spirit, in Smash except one tiny cameo in Pac-Land. I may dislike that stage, but I appreciate it enough to want it to stay for the sole reason that Ms. Pac-Man is in it.

EDIT: OK, after reading that article above, I have even more frustration than ever before regarding Ms. Pac-Man. Absolutely insane circumstances.

Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Well this is all sorts of depressing. If all this license mess wasn't a thing, then Ms. Pac would've been a lock in the base game.
The fact that AtGames has been causing a lot of this since the game's development, and STILL causing this in the DLC cycle... yikes.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I seriously don't understand for the life of me why Namco resents Ms. Pac-Man so much. It honestly frustrates me. She deserves so much more love and attention than she has been given the past decade. The most obvious choice for an echo fighter, and she gets nothing, not even a spirit, in Smash except one tiny cameo in Pac-Land. I may dislike that stage, but I appreciate it enough to want it to stay for the sole reason that Ms. Pac-Man is in it.

EDIT: OK, after reading that article above, I have even more frustration than ever before regarding Ms. Pac-Man. Absolutely insane circumstances.
Namco does not resent Ms. Pac-Man, she's far too much of a gaming icon and brings in far too much money in merchandising for them to resent her.

The problem is that for the past 37 years, she's been in absolute copyright hell, divided between Bandai Namco, General Computer Corporation, Midway, and now, AtGames. In recent times actually, Namco's been trying to put this almost four decade long debacle to rest and have been trying to finally make Ms. Pac-Man 100% theirs, but GCC handing the royalties over to AtGames put a big stop to these plans. Right now, Bandai Namco is currently suing AtGames, so if anyone wants Ms. Pac-Man to belong 100% to Namco Bandai for the first time ever and end this decades long legal war, you better hope the courts are in Namco's favor.

Anyway, I've never posted in this thread before but it really caught my eye after hearing about Ms. Pac-Man's current circumstances. As someone who fondly remembers a wide number of Pac-Man games, from the classics to the World series to the CE series, loves Namco games in general, and is an avid Pac-Man player in Smash, I've always thought Ms. Pac-Man would be a great echo fighter and remains an unfortunately glaring omission in both Smash 4 and Ultimate. Here's hoping they can finally get her rights settled out once and for all, but I don't have much faith in things turning out all too great.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Namco does not resent Ms. Pac-Man, she's far too much of a gaming icon and brings in far too much money in merchandising for them to resent her.

The problem is that for the past 37 years, she's been in absolute copyright hell, divided between Bandai Namco, General Computer Corporation, Midway, and now, AtGames. In recent times actually, Namco's been trying to put this almost four decade long debacle to rest and have been trying to finally make Ms. Pac-Man 100% theirs, but GCC handing the royalties over to AtGames put a big stop to these plans. Right now, Bandai Namco is currently suing AtGames, so if anyone wants Ms. Pac-Man to belong 100% to Namco Bandai for the first time ever and end this decades long legal war, you better hope the courts are in Namco's favor.

Anyway, I've never posted in this thread before but it really caught my eye after hearing about Ms. Pac-Man's current circumstances. As someone who fondly remembers a wide number of Pac-Man games, from the classics to the World series to the CE series, loves Namco games in general, and is an avid Pac-Man player in Smash, I've always thought Ms. Pac-Man would be a great echo fighter and remains an unfortunately glaring omission in both Smash 4 and Ultimate. Here's hoping they can finally get her rights settled out once and for all, but I don't have much faith in things turning out all too great.
Thank you for the information. I always wondered why I've been seeing less and less of Ms. Pac-Man and the Pac-Family as the years went by what with the redesigns and Ghostly Adventures, and now I better understand it. As someone who became a fan of Pac-Man starting with Pac-Man World, I have always valued the franchise for its entire universe, even if it's never consistent among games. I just wanted more from Pac-Man than just a bunch of (very good) retro arcade throwbacks. I'm praying Bandai Namco can save Ms. Pac-Man and the Pac-Family and put a happy end to this once and for all.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I am honestly surprised that Ms. Pac-Man wasn't in the base roster.
But she'd be a prime candidate for an Echo Fighter.
Just change the bonus fruits and give them different effects.

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
I think she'd be a pretty cute addition and a very logical echo fighter, that is if all the legal mess gets solved before Ultimate officially ends, if there's even an Echo Pass at all. One of the many underrated echo additions and Namco needs more fighters anyways. She's also a pretty big gaming icon, which adds more to her favor, and actually would make me want to play as Pac-Man. Count me as a supporter!

Last edited:

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
Okay.... So one of the big newest features of this entry of Smash is Echo Fighters.

After thinking for a bit, how come Sakurai completely overlooked the most obvious choice.... Ms. Pac-Man!

Ms. Pac Man is a choice even the most insane of people would choose, and somehow she isn't in the game as Pac Man's Echo Fighter.

The look would be different, and maybe we could do something about some of the moves and the sprite for the Final Smash.

So do you guys think she deserves to get in? Comment below!

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I've been advocating for her, and it's really sad to not see her making it as alt/echo.

The bad thing about the bizarre right issue is that with time being, Ms Pacman's relevance with the franchise is getting weaker, while there have been several new characters introduced to sit in her role.

Not sure if Capcom is still passionate with her. I concern that her situation would be like female Terry and Erdrick who didn't win their spots in Smash bros easily, more likely because the companies don't try to acknowledge them in crossover presentation.

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
With the Pac series being some of my all time favorites (Classics, Adventure (On Genesis/Snes), World, Maze Madness, so on) I'm more than fine with the Pac's waifu joining the fray. as others have said she has plenty of opportunities to be more than a simple echo fighter to boot so it'd be quite interesting to see what Sakurai would do to make her stand out from her husband rather than just being a 1:1 pallet swap.

You have my Wakka.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Top Bottom