Ms. Pac-Man's DLC Madness! a Support Thread

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
NNID
Pacack
Thats cute. I really think she has a great chance. she is nearly as Iconic as Pac-Man, one of the first staring Female characters in gaming, and would be a very easy echo to make. Plus, if the leak is right, that means only Namco didn't get another rep, and they are the co-developers of the game!
Honestly, that's one of my big concerns too. Namco Bandai really does deserve at least an echo as a second character from their company given their work on the game.

Thats cute. I really think she has a great chance. she is nearly as Iconic as Pac-Man, one of the first staring Female characters in gaming, and would be a very easy echo to make. Plus, if the leak is right, that means only Namco didn't get another rep, and they are the co-developers of the game!
I could very well see her get added as DLC at some point (in a Namco characters pack, perhaps?), should that case scenario happen.

Okay, so I've made sure to check the official datamined list of spirits, and Ms. Pac-Man isn't on it at all. Even the Mother Fairy from Pac-Land has a spirit.

https://pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N

This is really strange, given that she has a background cameo on the PL stage. So either Bamco is continuing to downplay her hardcore, or something's up.

zferolie

Smash Champion
Okay, so I've made sure to check the official datamined list of spirits, and Ms. Pac-Man isn't on it at all. Even the Mother Fairy from Pac-Land has a spirit.

https://pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N

This is really strange, given that she has a background cameo on the PL stage. So either Bamco is continuing to downplay her hardcore, or something's up.
Strange for sure, but can she she really not be an echo fighter? we know these 5 DLC are all not echo fighters... unless they plan to give us some free echo fighters not part of the pass.

Strange for sure, but can she she really not be an echo fighter? we know these 5 DLC are all not echo fighters... unless they plan to give us some free echo fighters not part of the pass.
Who knows? We can only wait and see how things play out. Should be interesting, if they take/went the Ken route or not.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Hero
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
NNID
Wade94
I mean I doubt they’d give out free Echo Fighters based off third-party characters, but who knows? Maybe she could be a bonus to a DLC fighter pack of a Namco rep.

I swear, Pac has gotten the shaft with Ultimate in terms of representation. And the sad thing is if Missy were an echo, I would have gladly accepted it all warmheartedly. It would have made up the lack of Pac-Man World material in Smash for me considering only as of recently has Namco been trying to undo their retcon of her along with reverting Ghostly Adventures trying to be a "reboot" of the entire franchise.

I swear, Pac has gotten the shaft with Ultimate in terms of representation.
Yeah, it's a little odd. Including his fighter spirit, there are only 5 Pac-Man spirits in the game. I'm surprised characters like Ms. Pac-Man, and Jr. Pac-Man, didn't get spirits as well...

Yeah, it's a little odd. Including his fighter spirit, there are only 5 Pac-Man spirits in the game. I'm surprised characters like Ms. Pac-Man, and Jr. Pac-Man, didn't get spirits as well...
Not just them, barely any Namco content besides music is in there. Heihachi, Mappy and the Prince among others can only show up as Pac-cameos.

I honestly wonder what the holdup at Bamco is. Are they so modest to let other third parties have a chance to put their stuff in here?

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Just thought I'd post this here to check for a pulse.
Straight from the depths of Reddit, courtesy of user PoetenGeten .

I absolutely love this, especially the second row. Only changes I'd suggest would be different shades of yellow for each, & to swap the green/purple-clad Pac for that "turn-to-blue" ghost alt everyone has asked for (you know the one).

smash puffle

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5301-1958-8711
Hello. I made a speculation video about the Fighters Pass, and I snuck in Ms. Pac at the end of the video:
Please excuse the sandbag-like voice.

Not just them, barely any Namco content besides music is in there. Heihachi, Mappy and the Prince among others can only show up as Pac-cameos.

I honestly wonder what the holdup at Bamco is. Are they so modest to let other third parties have a chance to put their stuff in here?
The lack of Pac-Man spirits baffles me. They don't have to go all out with representing the extended Pac-Man family, but Ms. Pac-Man is a huge name that would've made perfect sense as a spirit fight at the very least.

Honestly, I'm kind of holding out hope for her as a Fighters Pass character, with a redesigned Pac-Maze as her stage and her batch of spirits including characters from Pac-Man World and Maze Madness. I feel like it's very unlikely, but she's such a perfect choice for a costume for a character with very poor costumes, or such a perfect candidate for an Echo Fighter in a game that started marketing them that I find it incredible that she's not in already.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
NNID
Pacack
My only hope for Ms. Pac-Man at this point is that they do an Echo Fighter's Pass at some point.

Other candidates for echos include Ninten, Impa, Octoling, Shadow, and Jeanne. Personally, I think a pack of them would be well-worth buying.