• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr Tingle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
Bah. This is getting silly. This isn't even an organized debate anymore. :/
I'd like if this thread could be used for discussion amongst Tingle fans. If you're going to give an argument, stop being so biased and dull. Be more open minded.

Bah, men are so aggresively impulsive. :/

Though I can at least think a few people like Reyairia for being more responsible.

Oh, and thanks for your feedback on my moveset! :D
It was rather easy, too.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
You ******. THE MAKERS OF THE GAME THEMSELVES SAID PURLO WAS BASED ON TINGLE! It's not trolling if the person is already being an idiot BTW.
OH NOES!!!! TEH KAHPS LAHKZZZZ!!! run...lol :chuckle:

character is 'based' you said it yourself.... based does not =, = get it? :ohwell:

have a better argument next time junior;)

Fawriel

Smash Master
You guys all suck!
Language is obviously important and you must not mutilate it.
Numa Dude only checks in every once in a while to insult someone he disagrees with.
And Creo is obviously a closet Dutchman.

But none of this matters!

Look at Lunadis' post!

It managed the IMPOSSIBLE!

PS: *waves the "I'm all mature and stuff, too"-flag*

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Bah. This is getting silly. This isn't even an organized debate anymore. :/
I'd like if this thread could be used for discussion amongst Tingle fans. If you're going to give an argument, stop being so biased and dull. Be more open minded.

Bah, men are so aggresively impulsive. :/

Though I can at least think a few people like Reyairia for being more responsible.

Oh, and thanks for your feedback on my moveset! :D
It was rather easy, too.
I'm not aggressively impulsive...am I? And I have some not so aggressively impulsive friends.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I have been converted! Tingle for Brawl!
Great you've finally seen the light! Really, it's possible for any character to have an awesome moveset.
I think I've been fully converted too, btw. :)

@Lunadis: I agree, I think we need a mod for this thread only.

Guys, it's late here in Vienna and I have school tomorrow. G'Night!

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
Im starting to see a trend.........

lunadis = a girl correct?

every supporter here is either trying to score brownie points with something that has estrogen, or suffers from a 'hormonal imbalance'

Hong

The Strongest
I'm not aggressively impulsive...am I? And I have some not so aggressively impulsive friends.
Nah. You're okay. :D

It just bothers me that moveset is going to get burried pages upon pages of nothing. :p

Reyairia

Smash Champion

every supporter here is either trying to score brownie points with something that has estrogen, or suffers from a 'hormonal imbalance'
*Ahem*, while I know I've been told that I speak like those of the male gender, I am female.
And originally, I preferred the concept of Midna or Skull kid in brawl, but now because of all the blind hate I think that I support Tingle in brawl so I can laugh at the haters' immaturity when/if he is confirmed.

Mom's screaming at me at the moment, gotta go. x_x

Fawriel

Smash Master

I really hope you aren't serious about that. I mean, it's a little hard to tell. I know all of my posts in this thread have been half-joking.

I guess I don't have to go into detail about how ignorant it would be to take that "hormonal imbalance" seriously, but as for Lunadis' moveset, I genuinely liked it. I hate Tingle because he's ugly and a comic relief character only, but that tileset makes perfect use of it while all other movesets so far weren't extremely creative and tried to make him look like some sort of serious hero or something. If he was actually funny in Brawl, it would be tolerable to have him in, though I'd still by far prefer Midna or a lot of other characters from the series.

EDIT: Reyairia, too?

Do I have to point out the irony in the fact that this supposedly "gay" character has such proportionally large female support?

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
*Ahem*, while I know I've been told that I speak like those of the male gender, I am female.
And originally, I preferred the concept of Midna or Skull kid in brawl, but now because of all the blind hate I think that I support Tingle in brawl so I can laugh at the haters' immaturity when/if he is confirmed.

Mom's screaming at me at the moment, gotta go. x_x
Ah..evil parents. Reminds me of my own :ohwell: and I'll laugh side by side with you if/when he's confirmed :chuckle:

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
OH NOES!!!! TEH KAHPS LAHKZZZZ!!! run...lol :chuckle:
OH NOES HE KAN DOO TIS ******** TING TAT MORONS DOO!

character is 'based' you said it yourself.... based does not =, = get it? :ohwell:
The fact that he had a character based off of him still means something. I'll admit that Tingle wasn't completely 100% in the game but because they went out of their way to base a character on him says alot.

have a better argument next time junior;)
Don't be a douchebag next time Junior.;)

Hong

The Strongest
I can easily admit the reason I support characters like Animal Crossing Villager and Tingle not only because of the fact I like them, but because people tend to ride them off because they think they wouldn't fit in Brawl. Since my mind instantly finds that to be a ridiculous idea, it's only justified that I back up my claim with a moveset, no? :p

Brawl will have more characters! We need more goofy, obscure and original characters to balance it out!
As far as I know, Sakurai likes unique and obscure characters so someone like Tingle, Animal Crosser or the already announced Wario comes as no surprise.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
<_<...

>_>...

If i wasn't already pretending to hate Tingle i would become a supporter just so people don't group me with those two.

<_<...

>_>...

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
OH NOES HE KAN DOO TIS ******** TING TAT MORONS DOO!

The fact that he had a character based off of him still means something. I'll admit that Tingle wasn't completely 100% in the game but because they went out of their way to base a character on him says alot.

Don't be a douchebag next time Junior.;)
youre arguing with yourself..... take gannondorf off your avatar and your lame insults elsewhere, they have no home here, notice I not ONCE resorted to calling you anything derogatory...

I question the fight in every whimsical/feminine(not female)/wimpy/whiney/gratuitous/uninspired character...

tingle has some decent following but in that specific genre(whatever his game is based on :dizzy:...

take the pussiest character from melee(jiggly puff) and notice taht its drawn from a series thats based of character development and combat...

tingle would be based on a tertiary assisting character, I played the hell out of the last 4 zelda games and cant recall for the life of me what tingle does.....

you may say I bring no support to my arguments but all cornball fanboys-without-a-cause types like you do is throw meaningless insults like 6th graders playing hand-ball

to aid lunadis point that my argument is only bumping the thread and shrouding her movelist I'll re-post it:

lunadis said:
I got a more Tingle-ish moveset compared to the one posted earlier.

A: Butt Bump
Tingle turns to his side and bumps the enemy away.

F Tilt: Swat
Tingle leans forward, swings his right hand over his head and swats the enemy

U Tilt: Balloon Bounce
Tingle quickly inflates and deflates a balloon above his head. Has a large radius.

U Smash: Cheers
Tingle jumps up into the air and claps his hands together overhead. This also shoots fairy dust everywhere to cover up for him on the sides.

F Smash: Head First
Tingle pulls his head back and delivers a headbutt. It's very powerful, but Tingle has trouble keeping his balance and hops forward a few times.

D Smash: Spinner
Tingle plants himself on his head and spins himself around with his hands. This is also very powerful. He gets up rather quickly but he finds himself dazed for a few seconds.

Dash Attack: Belief
Tingle jumps forward flapping his arms and trying to fly! Though he fails and tumbles on the ground.

N-Air: Twirl
Tingle spins with his arm spread out. If he misses with his arms, fairy dust will cover his retreat.

F-Air: Paper Cut
Tingle pulls out a map and swings it vertically from over his head to below his feet in a spinning motion. This move is weird because it hits the opponent straight upwards and behind Tingle but has a lot of power and can vertical-kill floaties.

U-Air: Enjoyment
Pretty much like his U-Smash only in the air. Tingle claps his hands together above his head. It's faster but weaker.

D-Air: Diver
Tingle faces downwards in a diving position and spins around. This delivers multiple hits then one strong hit as Tingle spreads out his hands at the end, which acts as a meteor smash.

B-Air: Lazy Kick
Tingle places his hands behind his head in a relaxing manner while tilting forward and then kicks his legs out.

B: Rupee Blast
Tingle crosses his arms and clutches them inward. After he lets go, rupees and fairy dust flies everywhere a short distance before him. The longer Tingle holds it in, the more rupees that will fly out. It can be used as an edge guard.

B Forward: Paper Airplane
Tingle folds his map into a paper air plane rather quickly and throws it. It's a weak projectile that travels in a wave before hitting the ground and fading away.

B Down: Tingle Trick
Tingle steps back with one foot and holds one of his hands out for 2 seconds. If he is attacked physically in the first second, he will evade their attack and stuff them in a bag. Tingle can then attack them while they're in the bag much like how Yoshi can attack egged victims. Since this is risky, it last longer than Yoshi's egg.

B Up: Tingle Away
Basically, just him using his balloons as a recovery. There are too many ways to do this, so just use your imagination. :p

His grab would either just be with his hand or for comic relief, a hug. (Since he's overly friendly due to business reasons.)

Grab Attack: If hug, bear hug. If grab, back handed swat

F Throw: Heave!
Tingle lifts them over his head, leans back and then throws them forward.

D Throw: Cushion
Tingle throws them down and jumps on them in a cannoball position with his butt first.

U throw: Away!
A unique up throw. Tingle ties a balloon to them and swats them in the air. The balloon keeps carrying them upwards until they recover. The higher the percentage, the longer it takes. The floatier they are, the faster they float. It can be fatal to a very floaty character in the higher percentages.

B Throw: Trash Disposal
Tingle throws the foe behind him overhead as if they were nothing.

Final Smash: Tingle Strike
Tingle does his traditional dance, and with a "Tingle, Tingle, Kaloo Limpah!" he pulls out a Tingle Tuner and pushes a button. A bunch of balloons will float over the stage and drop bombs in the obnoxious shape of Tingle's head. They're very powerful and shoot fairy dust everywhere upon impact.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Errr. I was telling you that this part wasn't true.
Of course, it isn't important here, but I'm not going to take you seriously if you spell like a 2nd grader, don't expect anyone else to do it either.
That post was from a philosophical point of view the second was a forcing into society due to necessity

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
I can easily admit the reason I support characters like Animal Crossing Villager and Tingle not only because of the fact I like them, but because people tend to ride them off because they think they wouldn't fit in Brawl. Since my mind instantly finds that to be a ridiculous idea, it's only justified that I back up my claim with a moveset, no? :p

Brawl will have more characters! We need more goofy, obscure and original characters to balance it out!
As far as I know, Sakurai likes unique and obscure characters so someone like Tingle, Animal Crosser or the already announced Wario comes as no surprise.
sure its always gonna lack 'obscure' characters because the game is based off mascots, with high following.... animal crossing and tingle have a tremendous following but thats like putting a nintendog in to fight just because its got MAJOR support... but like the nintendogs, fighting, for those characters is just too 'out-of-character'... wario is NOT obscure and if you played any of his side scrollers you'd see how hes a perfect fit wario + diddy kong = brawl being goofy enough

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
youre arguing with yourself..... take gannondorf off your avatar and your lame insults elsewhere, they have no home here, notice I not ONCE resorted to calling you anything derogatory...
You may not have said anything derogotory but your posts are nothing but pure arrogance and douchebaggery.

I question the fight in every whimsical/feminine(not female)/wimpy/whiney/gratuitous/uninspired character...

tingle has some decent following but in that specific genre(whatever his game is based on :dizzy:...

take the pussiest character from melee(jiggly puff) and notice taht its drawn from a series thats based of character development and combat...

tingle would be based on a tertiary assisting character, I played the hell out of the last 4 zelda games and cant recall for the life of me what tingle does.....
Again with the Tingle can't fight argument. What part of Tingle fights in his RPG do you people not understand? It's ******** arguments like this that RBinator made his thread to PWN.

you may say I bring no support to my arguments but all cornball fanboys-without-a-cause types like you do is throw meaningless insults like 6th graders playing hand-ball
So I'm not allowed to say when you're being stupid yet you can just mosey on into this thread and call Tingle gay several times in one sentence?

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
You may not have said anything derogotory but your posts are nothing but pure arrogance and douchebaggery.

Again with the Tingle can't fight argument. What part of Tingle fights in his RPG do you people not understand? It's ******** arguments like this that RBinator made his thread to PWN.

So I'm not allowed to say when you're being stupid yet you can just mosey on into this thread and call Tingle gay several times in one sentence?
what?

here kid amuse yourself with this smiley :lick:

Hong

The Strongest
sure its always gonna lack 'obscure' characters because the game is based off mascots, with high following.... animal crossing and tingle have a tremendous following but thats like putting a nintendog in to fight just because its got MAJOR support... but like the nintendogs, fighting, for those characters is just too 'out-of-character'... wario is NOT obscure and if you played any of his side scrollers you'd see how hes a perfect fit wario + diddy kong = brawl being goofy enough
Oh, don't bring this up now. Peach has only fought in a single spinoff RPG before Melee. Zelda has only used magic to seal stuff away. Neither are main characters until Peach got her own game.
Ice Climbers are the main characters of one game. They jump into stuff overhead while holding a hammer to defeat it, something anyone can do with a blunt object.
Mr. Game & Watch never fought in his games. Infact, in his games he was a victim. Everytime the player fails, they get to watch Mr. Game & watch in pain and agony in a repetitive, humiliating and brutal animation.

This is a game to bring popular Nintendo characters to fight, not bring Nintendo fighters to fight. Until this game gets rid of turnips, paper fans, goofy items, Mr. Game & Watch as well as many other things, the game is silly. People are bouncing off the walls, pink puffballs are eating giant lizards in a single gulp and someone who has driven for 1050 KM/H every day for his life is now able to run at an incredibly fast speed.

Two reasons to put in character. The first is to appeal to the fans. The second is if they can offer something the other characters don't or if it's possible to draw a moveset. Tingle appeals to the fans, so do Nintendogs. But you can't draw a moveset from Nintendogs since you can't enlarge a puppy, and they have no special abilities. Your comparison is moot and lacks a real back bone. Tingle's appearance and characteristics can be used to make a moveset, he has a large fan following so he can be used.

I could make an even more creative moveset for Animal Crosser a lot easier than I did for Tingle. And since Animal Crossing: Wild World sold over 8mil copies, I know there is a large fan following. If I asked any of my friends I play with if they'd like to see Animal Crosser as a playable character, they'd say yes in a heartbeat.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it really SURPRISES me that people have the nerve to question Tingle's moveset. We're not talking about Tekken, Virtua Fighter or some other "realistic" fighting here, we're talking about Smash Bros. You know, the game where characters can throw vegetables at you and cause damage? :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, it really SURPRISES me that people have the nerve to question Tingle's moveset. We're not talking about Tekken, Virtua Fighter or some other "realistic" fighting here, we're talking about Smash Bros. You know, the game where characters can throw vegetables at you and cause damage? :ohwell:
How do Tingle lovers make sense when he has contributed NOTHING to Video Game history and not even important in the games he's in?

Crayola

Smash Cadet
How do Tingle lovers make sense when he has contributed NOTHING to Video Game history and not even important in the games he's in?
Are you sure about that? Tingle is probably THE most unconventional character in the Zelda series. He may have small roles in the Zelda series, but he's become more or less a staple and mascot to the series - and characters which aren't the Triforce Three aren't usually given much attention. Plus, you've got his huge popularity in Japan and two games to pile on to that.

I find it funny that you're using that argument, especially when you have Geno in your signature.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are you sure about that? Tingle is probably THE most unconventional character in the Zelda series. He may have small roles in the Zelda series, but he's become more or less a staple and mascot to the series - and characters which aren't the Triforce Three aren't usually given much attention. Plus, you've got his huge popularity in Japan and two games to pile on to that.

I find it funny that you're using that argument, especially when you have Geno in your signature.
...Right...

At least Geno fans aren't anal and flame anyone who comes in with a different opinion than them

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am sure if I went into the thread saying stuff like "omg he is so gay! no way!" they would flame.
I never said he was gay

and when I entered I just wanted to see why people would want him until I was flamed for asking

smashbot226

Smash Master
Better than some fairy who when I first saw him, I nearly cried myself to sleep... He;d be better as an assist. Remember SSBM and that one stage where he was on the balloon?

He was better as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom