• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Game & Watch v1.0.8 [COMPLETE]

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Yes. And I'm disappointed.
Not at you, but the fact that G&W gets so little exposure that this is pretty much unknown:c
GimR LOVES to do that. But hey, don't be disappointed. Less GW players means better counter MUs for us!

Neb

Smash Lord
We've kind of hit the limits of it.
Multi-hit combos, custom combos, footstool combos, NEIN combo, kill confirms/setups, airdodge hard punishes, even platform no-tech combos.
The problem is the kill confirm.
If they reduced the KBG, we might actually be able to rely on dthrow-uair for consistent kill confirms at high percents. A reliable kill option that beats shield is all I need.
I feel we can find ways to rack more percentage off our follow-ups - working to counterbalance his lightweight. Dthrow should generally be the overall focus of his playstyle as everything from damage, to juggling, KO's, and edgeguarding is able to spring from it. When we see the limits of G&W in neutral, dthrow acts as a kind of bandage for his average zoning tools.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It would be really great if they changed the first hit of uair so it pulls people into the second hit, similar to how Ryu and other characters with two hit uairs are.

Down throw to uair is easily his best KO setup, so making it easier to connect with reliably would be nice.

Last edited:

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
I killed fox at 125 with down air is that buffed? He might have been charging a smash idk

Anyway downtilt is nuts now I keep getting kills and it feels cheap now haha I was like what just happened

Also on think we could use a bigger upsmash hitbox behind gws head like Mario and uptilt needs bigger hitboxes as well just some thoughts lol

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
I killed fox at 125 with down air is that buffed? He might have been charging a smash idk

Anyway downtilt is nuts now I keep getting kills and it feels cheap now haha I was like what just happened

Also on think we could use a bigger upsmash hitbox behind gws head like Mario and uptilt needs bigger hitboxes as well just some thoughts lol
Bigger upsmash would be AMAZING, but visually it would have to be changed too. Dair's sourspot KB probably isn't buffed 125 is a reasonable percent to die from it before the patch it's pretty strong.
Need to utilize dtilt more, keep forgetting it's useful now lol

Last edited:

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Dtilt buff is honestly pretty good, and I'm glad they buffed G&W's BAir landing lag. Now if only it were Brawl Turtle :^)

G&W is getting some quality buffs. I would like to see his FSmash get a buff (lingering hitbox plz)

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
why does fsmash have no lingering hitbox
honestly if gnw got that i'd be the happiest camper in the world

that's all he really needs honestly
i don't even care if they don't change the ridiculous sweetspot hitbox,
not having it be lingering is really dumb

D

Deleted member

I found another change, and this time it's not a good one...

If G&W uses his up-b and gets hit with a windbox, he can no longer re-use his up-b like in previous updates.

This means that if Mario were to cape G&W after he used his up-b, G&W can't recover and will be sent offstage to fall to his doom. This also makes custom DK even more scary for us with all the windboxes he has.

This change applies to Megaman and Sonic as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
why does fsmash have no lingering hitbox
honestly if gnw got that i'd be the happiest camper in the world

that's all he really needs honestly
i don't even care if they don't change the ridiculous sweetspot hitbox,
not having it be lingering is really dumb
Especially when Pikachu has a powerful lingering hitbox on his FSmash.

I found another change, and this time it's not a good one...

If G&W uses his up-b and gets hit with a windbox, he can no longer re-use his up-b like in previous updates.

This means that if Mario were to cape G&W after he used his up-b, G&W can't recover and will be sent offstage to fall to his doom. This also makes custom DK even more scary for us with all the windboxes he has.

This change applies to Megaman and Sonic as well.
I don't think this is a change. Characters in special fall that are caped remain in special fall. Not sure about wind boxes but I believe the same thing is true (gimping Little Mac with Palutena's Reflect Barrier or Mario's FLUDD is a good example of this).

D

Deleted member

It seems like they buffed him. That's a good thing. I hope that he gets more buffs in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom