• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Game & Watch v1.0.8 [COMPLETE]

Keep2D

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keep2D
The following has been confirmed and finalized
>Dtilt
- Knockback increase
>Bair
-Decreased Landing Lag

A vid I made of the confirmed Dtilt buff.
Kills Mario on FD at ~130%

A video of the change in Bair (decreased landing lag)
Major props and credit to Zapp Branniglenn for the video.

Last edited:

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
I think he's left alone. If there are changes its probably small

VMAN

Smash Rookie
Back Air 7% > 9%

Edit: My bad, you're right, just tested it myself, before I was just going by what they were talking about in GimR's stream.

Last edited:

Sixell

Smash Cadet
- U-tilt finally hits from the front as well!

Edit:

- Knockback angle on the 6 hammer isn't a semi-spike angle, but is horizontal now.

- Lower vertical knockback for an opponent frozen by an 8 hammer.

- Increased knockback on sourspot F-air

Last edited:

Keep2D

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keep2D
I don't understand your statement, U-tilt seems unchanged to me man, and I'm currently comparing Hitbox differences, nothing has changed.

Sixell

Smash Cadet
When an opponent was grounded and in front of you, U-tilt would always miss. Now that's not the case.

Keep2D

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keep2D
When an opponent was grounded and in front of you, U-tilt would always miss. Now that's not the case.
I'm able to successfully Dtilt grounded characters pre patch

Edit:

- Knockback angle on the 6 hammer isn't a semi-spike angle, but is horizontal now.

- Lower vertical knockback for an opponent frozen by an 8 hammer.

- Increased knockback on sourspot F-air
All this is untrue, I tested all of your claims,
Utilt has always been able to hit grounded opponents it just has always done a crappy job at doing so.

Hammer 8 does in fact send opponent vertically upwards, but I see no significant change in distance, the same goes for the knockback angle on Hammer 6, since there is no glaring change on either's knockback or angle trajectory, I can only assume that these are the same.
As for sourspot Fair, I tested the % in which the Sourspot would put Mario in a tech situation on the platform, as this would show wether or not knockback was changed, pre and post patch, Mario was put in a teching situation at 117%, so there is no knock back change on sour spot fair.

tl;dr, sorry bro, you're wrong on all your claims based on visual comparisons, and usually those types of comparisons are correct.

Last edited:

Sixell

Smash Cadet
Whoops. Didn't mean to be misleading. But yeah, thanks for the corrections!

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Is it a last ditch kind of kill move? Idk but I'm thinking probably not.

Molk

Smash Cadet
After messing around in training mode for a little bit, i figured out that G&W's Dtilt is now capable of KOing Mario just over 130% at the ledge (Mario and the manhole itself are both still on the field) with no rage or staleness taken into account. This KOs just a *little* bit later than his Ftilt from the same position assuming i did everything correctly (ftilt was KOing from the same position at about ~125%), but in exchange, dtilt has a bit more range, a faster start up (iirc), and (imo) sends the opponent at a less favorable angle for recovering, not to mention it still has that cool windbox effect, decent trade off imo.

EDIT: also, kind of expected, but you can bucket Ryu's Hadouken

Speaking of Dtilt's windbox, has anyone checked how much damage the windbox does now?

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I still miss the Melee manhole.

The range might've been mediocre, but its KO power was insane for how quickly it came out.

awesome13579

Smash Rookie
Comparing the versions, Bair has reduced landing lag. Double check that though, I updated my comparison version for my brother's sake.

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
I have confirmed that there are no perceptible changes to damage percents and knockback on moves, except for dtilt, which as of the previous 3DS patch killed default position FD Mario at 198%, and now kills him at 146, a 52% drop.

No one really asked for this or cares much, but it's more proof that Sakurai can't balance for ****. Oh well.

No perceptible lag changes either.

D

Deleted member

Comparing the versions, Bair has reduced landing lag. Double check that though, I updated my comparison version for my brother's sake.
Can someone with both versions please confirm this? I might be going crazy, but it does feel like it has less landing lag.

phantoon

Smash Cadet
^ i definitely felt bair had less landing lag as well, would be nice to have a confirmation

awesome13579

Smash Rookie
Can someone with both versions please confirm this? I might be going crazy, but it does feel like it has less landing lag.
I had both versions to check before and it was blatantly clear that I could act out of Bair faster in 1.0.8 when I hit the ground.
Unfortunately, I updated my other game because my brother wanted to play. So I don't have side by side comparison anymore :[

D

Deleted member

Ignore this post. B-air didn't change

Last edited by a moderator:

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
Could Game n Watch bucket a second time to carry his vertical momentum? In all other games, his downb only ever carried horizontal momentum and cut his vertical momentum to zero. Now, upon bucketing a second time midair, he can pretty much double the height of his double jump because the vert. momentum transfers for some reason.

Is that new?

Keep2D

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keep2D
Could Game n Watch bucket a second time to carry his vertical momentum? In all other games, his downb only ever carried horizontal momentum and cut his vertical momentum to zero. Now, upon bucketing a second time midair, he can pretty much double the height of his double jump because the vert. momentum transfers for some reason.

Is that new?
Nope, SFA Smiley made a vid on that tech months ago, it's called "bucket jumping."

Last edited:

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
was it always possible to combo 2 bairs at mid percents?

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
Still amazed that with all the buffs going around in the low-tier, we got a slight knockback increase on a piece of poop tilt. The slog continues.

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
while g&w is mid tier i would like to think that the rest of the cast will be balanced with future patches, g&w certainly fits the bill for buffs at least in landing lag

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
G&W's future is in his dthrow.
We've kind of hit the limits of it.
Multi-hit combos, custom combos, footstool combos, NEIN combo, kill confirms/setups, airdodge hard punishes, even platform no-tech combos.
The problem is the kill confirm.
If they reduced the KBG, we might actually be able to rely on dthrow-uair for consistent kill confirms at high percents. A reliable kill option that beats shield is all I need.

Molk

Smash Cadet
Yo, could G&W's dash attack always stage spike? I heard that it was capable of doing so in brawl, but that it wasn't able to in smash 4, yet after watching some of GimR's gameplay with G&W, i noticed that he was able to stage spike a ROB with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEJjQFm74bI (assuming this game was played post patch)

The stage spike happens at about ~55 seconds in.

Is this a new thing? Or was i just misinformed about G&W's dash attack not being able to stage spike in smash 4? Thanks in advance and sorry if this was already known.

Last edited:

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Yo, could G&W's dash attack always stage spike? I heard that it was capable of doing so in brawl, but that it wasn't able to in smash 4, yet after watching some of GimR's gameplay with G&W, i noticed that he was able to stage spike a ROB with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEJjQFm74bI (assuming this game was played post patch)

The stage spike happens at about ~55 seconds in.

Is this a new thing? Or was i just misinformed about G&W's dash attack not being able to stage spike in smash 4? Thanks in advance and sorry if this was already known.
Not even post-patch. The backwards hotbox of dash attack occurs at the beginning like it's always have.

Top Bottom