• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset (Insane?)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Jot me down as incredibly nervous about Olimar's potential. It'll really depend on how fast he can pluck out the pikmin, and how durable they are. He'll be no good if either things aren't done correctly...

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
His normal B is Pikmin, so now Kirby can pluck them...and do what?

Also, I was wrong in some thread about no immunities, but there's only one, so that's not too complicated.

Also, he can have more than 5, apparently. Magnificent.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
wait a second, take a look at the \/B:

Note how the pikmin stand; around Olimar. If this move can be pulled off quick enough, it may have some defensive properties ala pikmin meat-shield.

@ all the pessimists: remember who is making Brawl: persnickety Japanese smashers, if anyone can make Olimar & pikmin work, its them.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
If the Pikmin don't die too easily then he'll do alright. But if he has to constantly pluck out new ones and/or call them back cause they somehow aren't following him anymore than it's just gonna suck.

On the other hand, it looks extremely annoying (like Peach's turnips x10) to get those things constantly thrown at you and ticking % away.

Also, when exactly are you expected to just sit back and organize your Pikmin, lol? It seems like a lot of times the battle would be too hectic to focus on which Pikmin you have coming up, I mean I could see vaguely planning what to do with the next two, but like how do you plan a big hit with that purple one you got in the back? Do you just chuck the beginning ones willy-nilly until you get the kind you need?

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Already beat ya to it.
Dang!

Seriously tho, Olimar is too dependant on the Pikmin for his attacks. If he has none, he loses nearly half his move set.
Thats Olimar! But I wouldn't consider him bad, we haven't even played as him yet.

Ike didn't seem slow in the pictures, but geez people were purprised. So, lets wait and see.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Dang!

Thats Olimar! But I wouldn't consider him bad, we haven't even played as him yet.

Ike didn't seem slow in the pictures, but geez people were purprised. So, lets wait and see.
I agree. I am going to wait and see. I'll try Olimar when it comes out too, just to see how he plays.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
He seems to be able to get the pikmin out very fast (two pikmin in the air and still pulling one out in a dojo pic), just my guess.
Cants stand how people say he is lame and they havent still played the game

sfxfly

Smash Rookie
Is it me or do you think max 6 pikmin on the field is way too little? So lets say Olimar chucks all 6 buggers at Bowser. Is he just supposed to sit back and relax, being completely vunerable to the rest of the players since he has no pikmin for protection?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Is it me or do you think max 6 pikmin on the field is way too little? So lets say Olimar chucks all 6 buggers at Bowser. Is he just supposed to sit back and relax, being completely vunerable to the rest of the players since he has no pikmin for protection?
1st of all why would you purposely leave yourself defenseless? Unless your being stupid on purpose? I really don't think tossing all 6 of your Pikimin at one character is going to be needed.

-Knight

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
It looks to me like you're going to need to think on your toes if you want to play as Olimar. I mean, do you use your Pikmin to attack, or do you save them for recovery? Do you shuffle a Purple Pikmin to the front of the line and move in for the kill, or stay far back and pelt your enemy with your Yellows? There's no doubt that he'll be fun to play as, but from the looks of it, it seems as though it's going to take a special kind of player in order to utilize his inconsistent moveset. I say inconsistent because it looks like you could be pummeling your opponent one minute, and take a serious beating the next, depending on how well you are able to manage your army's flow.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I think his move set is insane, it is perfect for him! I cant wait to main him!

BTW-6 pimin isnt too little, if you are in a 4 way battle then you know that throwing all of them at once is a bad idea.(unless you lack common sense)

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
The whole order thing to me reminds me of Baten Kaitos type fighting hahah, assuming that he moves fast and he plucks pikmin out fast can make him quite a viable character in competitive matches. His style is interesting but it looks like he will be better in 1v1 rather than FFA/4v4.

Top Bottom